Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Anyone else see this coming?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I believe with the new utility spells KI is gonna regret making a lot of them.

Guardian Spirit is definitely going to be changed and possibly made a no critical.

Mana Burn might stay the same seeing it take 5 pips to cast, not that helpful if you ask me.

Supernova will stay the same because the accuracy on it.

Bad Juju is 50, 50. It may be spammed by death wizards with major death resist or may not be spammed or rarely be used.

Detonate, hopefully gets changed to 2-3 pips or they hopefully raise the accuracy.

Snow drift might be changed to higher pips because people will have even more trouble with ice if their pets decide to spam spritely.

I see this coming in the next two months or so, anyone else? Is it time PvP finally got its own version of our spells so PvE isn't ruined by PvP and some Pvpers?

Aaron Drakewalker Lvl: 76 Pyromancer

Armiger
May 10, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
I believe with the new utility spells KI is gonna regret making a lot of them.

I disagree, most spells are great, only a few need to be slightly changed.

Guardian Spirit is definitely going to be changed and possibly made a no critical.

This spell is perfect the way it is, any change would not make this spell worth the pips or effort.

Mana Burn might stay the same seeing it take 5 pips to cast, not that helpful if you ask me.

Supernova will stay the same because the accuracy on it.

Bad Juju is 50, 50. It may be spammed by death wizards with major death resist or may not be spammed or rarely be used.

Bad Juju should be changed to 2 pips and moon damage, because as it is, this spell costs death all blades, does damage, for a -90%. So, in essence, death can do more damage to self than what the next incoming damage would have been. Not worth it, imo.

Detonate, hopefully gets changed to 2-3 pips or they hopefully raise the accuracy.

Detonate definitely needs to be changed to 2 pips or be made a trap, so that the next DoT spell will be destroyed and do 100% damage, otherwise, it is only helpful for anyone else that is casting a DoT spell.

Snow drift might be changed to higher pips because people will have even more trouble with ice if their pets decide to spam spritely.

Snow drift is perfect as it is. As it stands, it will only steal 1, maybe 2 rounds of heal if you are lucky or if you predict that somehow a healing spell that is a HoT will be cast. Not likely though. So, any changes to this spell would make it completely useless. This spell needs to stay as it is. Now, would be awesome if it was a may cast pet talent. Now that would make pets a whole new asset.

Also, Shift if 4 pips? In PvP this is almost acceptable, but still too high. In PvE, this would hardly ever be used. Mobs resist their own school. Shift would only work for 1 maybe 2 rounds of damage. Shift needs to be reduced to 2 pips.

Dimension shift, or whatever it is called, for the minions, needs to seriously be reduced to 2 or 3 pips. It costs up to 5 pips for talos, then another 6 pips to steal effects of minion? Seriously? why would this ever be used in PvP or PvE? It is entirely not worth the pip cost. Myth is not even high in power pip chance like life, death, and balance.

I see this coming in the next two months or so, anyone else? Is it time PvP finally got its own version of our spells so PvE isn't ruined by PvP and some Pvpers?

Aaron Drakewalker Lvl: 76 Pyromancer

I agree, some spells need to be tweaked, but not the ones you have stated or the suggestions you have made.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
"Guardian Spirit is definitely going to be changed and possibly made a no critical."

Darthjt's reply:
"This spell is perfect the way it is, any change would not make this spell worth the pips or effort."

Darthjt,

I strongly disagree with this statement, it's affect on PvP is too extreme.
Yes, change the spell and change the pips, the spell is too strong, far too strong.
I have been in PvP with this spell, and finally killed the Life, only to come back with his boost to 1800 for one and 1960 for a second.
Earlier today, one hit critical for a comeback of 3920.
No single spell can do that kind of damage, as you know they equate death damage and healing. They need to change this spell, it is just wrong.

You fight for an hour to win a match, to have a wizard come back to full health, or within a few hundered of their full health, that is just stupid, imo.

Think about what you are saying, "this spell is perfect the way it is", no way can you believe that. A one shot kill is great, if you can set it up, you can take out a wizard, but not now. I kill them, with the absurb high critical rate they have, the come right back to almost full health.

C'mon, really, you can't mean that..... no one can, what was KI thinking, or maybe that was the problem.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
"Guardian Spirit is definitely going to be changed and possibly made a no critical."

Darthjt's reply:
"This spell is perfect the way it is, any change would not make this spell worth the pips or effort."

Darthjt,

Yes, change the spell and change the pips, the spell is too strong, far too strong.
I have been in PvP with this spell, and finally killed the Life, only to come back with his boost to 1800 for one and 1960 for a second.
No single spell can do that kind of damage, as you know they equate death damage and healing. They need to change this spell, it is just wrong.

You fight for an hour to win a match, to have a wizard come back to full health, or within a few hundered of their full health, that is just stupid, imo.

Think about what you are saying, "this spell is perfect the way it is", no way can you believe that. A one shot kill is great, if you can set it up, you can take out a wizard, but not now. I kill them, with the absurb high critical rate they have, the come right back to almost full health.

C'mon, really, you can't mean that..... no one can, what was KI thinking, or maybe that was the problem.

Joe.

Really? So, now that life has 1 very good life spell, life is too overpowered now? You do realize that:

Myth has Shatter, pierce, Basilisk, Medusa, Earthquake, making Myth Overpowered.

Fire has Link, Powerlink, Fire Dragon, Efreet, HECKHOUND, and now backdraft, making fire already even more overpowered.

Storm, has highest criticals in the game, also has Storm Hound as treasure cards now, Storm Elf, Healing Current, Enfeeble, & Leviathan, with 3000 health, making them overpowered now.

Ice, has the highest Health and resistance in the game. Can easily heal and bring themself back to full health. It's insane how much health and resistance Ice can have, making them overpowered.

Death, granted, bad juju should be changed! However, infection, "BeGuile", Drain spells, especially Frankie, Doom & Gloom (Which effects the spell you are complaining about), is very overpowered.

Balance has no school specific shield, has a plethora of attacks, has Armor Piercing, & helpful minions. Also, Balance can use any amulet it so chooses because it can heal on it's own, it can use myth for shatter, or life for life dispels, death's for doom and gloom.

Sorry, but every school is Overpowered!

Life, just now gets a very good spell. Life has no DoT attacks. Shielding life is quite easy. Which can seriously reduce the effects of Gnomes. So, 1 spell is making Life so Overpowered? Again, it's not the spell, it the lack of finding a strategy against this spell. Doom & gloom with infection on your oppenent seriously caps the heal this spell will do.

How can we allow every school to be OverPowered, but demand the 1 spell that finally makes life overpowered be changed? How is that fair?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Lion359 wrote:

Darthjt's reply:

Darthjt,

Joe.

It's true guardian spirit now officially makes life immortal. Even ice can be defeated and stay defeated, but noe life has a way to transcend death litterally. They are the actual and only school so far that is transcended.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Some things I agree with and something's I don't. One I believe guardian spirit is a beast spell the only thing that should be changed is the whole it gets boosted why should it get boosted it goes by percent.

With bad juju is am very disappointed with it of right now I probably might use one in pvp in fist turn advantage but it really sucks due to the fact that it's 3 pips and will take deaths blade.

All the other spells I don't have enough information on so I will not comment. :?