Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life or no life?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Sorry to say this but Life School Students need stronger attack cards!

I have a level 70 life guy and I sometimes cannot defeat a level 45 student in other schools in the arena. It seems to me that the Life School is only there to be a giver of life and defense. This should not be.

Life should be one of the strongest because without life.... there would not be an existence. It should not be only there to assist others. Storm keeps growing stronger each time there is a new spell produced. Why not give the weaker schools a break? Please.

I would like to be able to defeat creatures of the Wizard World without needing help from others.

I know these things because I also have a level 47 storm character and it could wipe out my level 70 life within a matter of seconds.

What are your views on this?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It's how you play/gear your wizard. Any class can excel,and so too can they fail. Adjust your strategies and your deck,and look to others for guidance.You can also probably find many good strat guides on the internet for your school. Good Luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
UWECEO wrote:

I have a level 70 life guy and I sometimes cannot defeat a level 45 student in other schools in the arena. It seems to me that the Life School is only there to be a giver of life and defense. This should not be.

Life should be one of the strongest because without life.... there would not be an existence. It should not be only there to assist others. Storm keeps growing stronger each time there is a new spell produced. Why not give the weaker schools a break? Please.

I would like to be able to defeat creatures of the Wizard World without needing help from others.

I know these things because I also have a level 47 storm character and it could wipe out my level 70 life within a matter of seconds.

Wizard it just sounds to me like you did not get into the groove with the Life school of magic and this happens, every school has the potential to become a killer. I had a heck of a time getting Balance figured out and Storm has been my biggest frustration to play. My first wizard and favorite is life, altho I have never PVP ed with her I have gone though a majority of the game solo once I learned how to work it, somewhere in mid Mooshu. I have also been told by a few PVP players that Life has been the only thing that has beaten them. From mid Mooshu on I dropped all my secondary spells I thought I needed but was glad I did do death to Feint and got the Balance blade from Niles. People were amazed how I could come in to their fight to help and not only kill the monsters but keep them alive so the quest counted for them.

As with any school it all comes down to gear and mine was all bazaar bought and how you stack your deck, lean and mean, for fights. Learning Sun School to Colossus was also a help. None of my friends have ever considered me the healer and when I made the wizard that was not my intention for her.They call me when they want it gone and they know I can do it. During my time with her I also met 2 other life wizards that play even better then I have managed to. I did craft the helmet from Winter Tusk and got my Water Works robe and boots but so late I really only had them for the Mirror Lake fight in Zafaria.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2011
UWECEO wrote:

My views? My views are that you are half right. Yes, life doesn't have the strongest attack spells ever. Yes, life is mainly focused on healing and resistance. Yes, life does help other wizards a lot.
But....

I'm a Theurgist myself, and I know that life can do pretty well with the right gear - and the right secondary. My secondary is storm, which in my opinion is like the counterpart of life. Death and life really are not THAT different. Life provides the healing, resistance and accuracy; Storm provides the high attacks.

Also, life doesn't need a huge group to succeed. Once, I had just one friend with me, a conjurer, and we finished the Sunken City - we were both level 16 and used zero treasure cards. And I did do most of the work.

So, life isn't a failure school. I really recommend it - if you've got the right frame of mind for it.

~ Sophia EmeraldBlossom

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Well you two must be doin very well at structuring your deck because I have tried multiple times to restructure mine to challenge any duel I come across and it never works out. In a PVP match, you do not have the time to recheck your deck before battle starts, so you never know what school you battle against. I really have no problems in my quests, primarily in PVP matches.

If compared to other schools, the levels 58 and 68 cards are weak against the others. Storm can hit over 9,000 in a single attack if using all storm type power ups. Life cannot compete.

I even have the hood and cloak (from Waterworks) for my Level 70 life character and it does not help (well it does a little),

I may be alone in this subject but I do think Life is one of the weakest in Wizard101. All I ask is for once to let Life have a better card than Storm.

take for instance (Gnomes vs Leviathan = not even close)

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
UWECEO wrote:
Well you two must be doin very well at structuring your deck because I have tried multiple times to restructure mine to challenge any duel I come across and it never works out. In a PVP match, you do not have the time to recheck your deck before battle starts, so you never know what school you battle against. I really have no problems in my quests, primarily in PVP matches.

If compared to other schools, the levels 58 and 68 cards are weak against the others. Storm can hit over 9,000 in a single attack if using all storm type power ups. Life cannot compete.

I even have the hood and cloak (from Waterworks) for my Level 70 life character and it does not help (well it does a little),

I may be alone in this subject but I do think Life is one of the weakest in Wizard101. All I ask is for once to let Life have a better card than Storm.

take for instance (Gnomes vs Leviathan = not even close)

gnomes is very good despite what ya said

gnomes can dispell several heals from your opponent
that are life spells in nature
aka spritely, and satyr
2 most common heals in pvp
and if ya collosol a gnomes its pretty high and life has a bit of ways to increase there own attacks and can still do tons of damage when played right

life wizards are harder to lvl up thnx to low amount of attacks
but worth the effort

I dont have a life wizard but its like ice but harder to kill and level up
note I am ice not life and I am stating the facts

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
grvy123 wrote:

aka spritely, and satyr
and if ya collosol a gnomes its pretty high and life has a bit of ways to increase there own attacks and can still do tons of damage when played right

but worth the effort

I do agree that the dispells are a useful touch in that matter but worthless if they do not need healed. (I am not sure what "collosol" means but if it means powering it up; Life school has very limited powerups available to them (without a secondary or third backup school learnings) They have a primary sword, elements sword, shield, and elemental shield. If you want to spend some gold you can purchase a spider spell in the bazaar that creates a ring around the arena but who knows when it will appear.

It did not take me long to level up (almost as well as my storm character) so not sure where you came up with that. :)

Ice school has a very good defensive ability that helps it against some attacks.

I still stand behind my beliefs on the weakness of Life School vs others.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
People really need to stop doubting life. My little sister has a life wizard that is a magus. But when she was only an intiate she beat wizards higher than magus solo. She is that strong. She doesnt have any crown clothes. She dominates everybody (except those who insane bolt her which i feel her pain even as a legend fire). Life has its own strategies. She waits for her pips, casting sprite at certain times and healing if required or urgent, and then when she has a lot of power pips (she almost has a better chance for power pips then me ) she goes in rampage mode, killing all those that dare defy her. Switch your strategy. Get a better pet. Better idea, pvp with another person. Just watch out for those who love to insane bolt everybody. I never understand how they never backfire. :?

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Life isn't weak, on my life wizard Diana Dragonpyre I was able to get to pvp sergeant in about ten matches after she lost eight. All you need to do is get the waterworks gear, lexicon blade, and jade ring of battle. You will do well in pvp and in regular street duels.

Diana Dragonpyre
Life: Transcended

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
As a level 12 life wizard or so, just starting out Krokotopia, I had fought against a storm wizard, who was level 20+.

I managed to stand my own EASILY with my easy healing capabilities. However, eventually I did run out of attack cards, and I lost.

Life is incredibly powerful, maybe not offensively, but that is life's strength.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
UWECEO wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

aka spritely, and satyr

but worth the effort

I do agree that the dispells are a useful touch in that matter but worthless if they do not need healed. (I am not sure what "collosol" means but if it means powering it up; Life school has very limited powerups available to them (without a secondary or third backup school learnings) They have a primary sword, elements sword, shield, and elemental shield. If you want to spend some gold you can purchase a spider spell in the bazaar that creates a ring around the arena but who knows when it will appear.

It did not take me long to level up (almost as well as my storm character) so not sure where you came up with that. :)

Ice school has a very good defensive ability that helps it against some attacks.

I still stand behind my beliefs on the weakness of Life School vs others.

collosol is the name of the new spell in the tough family only gotten from a quest that ya can get if ya learn the rest of the tough card line up from cl

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I have had this same problem until yesterday. I had five training points and i decided to try out Star magic. My best decision I've made in the game. Life actually doesn't have that bad of an attack, and an Aura goes a long way, it boosts spell power but, more importantly, confidence. Anyway, find a playing style for duels and adjust your deck. that's the good thing about life, it has heals for all different situations. If played right, you'll be invincible.