Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Khrysalis, Ending, Old Cob, And Your Ideas!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Well, if you think about this world again, Wizard101 or KI did a fantastic job, Morganthe's dreams, Moros, The dungeon through starfall sea, Morganthe's warlords ETC. Now, when we are all expecting a great final, where war would actually break out, I mean, the council of light did NOTHING, Ambrose didn't care about Old Cob releasing his children into the spiral. It is very troublesome, and I understand that Morganthe had to end, but just not falling through a piece of glass.... I want your ideas, do you think this world is good, bad , excellent, I was fairly impressed, dispite the fact that it was a very very short one.

Going into the crafting, I like it a lot, the shadow forged weapons, the new reagents its very well made, but I still feel like it could've been better in a way.... I still consider this world to be a very fantastic finale to the 2nd Arc, except the fact Morganthe falls through glass and barely cheats, but I want to hear from you. What are your ideas

Do you think Old Cob will be the new Arachna Villain?

Justin Firethief lvl 100
Robert Dragonspear lvl 100

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Ok, starting out with the beginning. I loved the build up to morganthe. I had so much fun in part 2, i couldn't stop playing it. The ending where you defeated morganthe was pretty easy but i guess that was because the dungeon before was really hard. I was extremely disappointed in the ending. I would've thought morganthe would've died in an amazing way, like maybe fighting ambrose or something. instead, we get her holding too much power, breaking the glass, and then falling into space.

Old Cob was kind of bothering me from the start. First thing i thought about was why we were saving somebody in a prison, but even morganthes prison. He sounded and even looked evil from the start. At the end he had four eyes i believe, making him somewhat of a creature rather then something like morganthe or malistare, wizards. I also kind of want to know what his children look like. Can't wait for that. Well, at least we know three of the next worlds!

Defender
May 09, 2010
I think it was a GREAT world! but here's what I think. We travel to all the world's the Cob mentioned in that final Cut-Scene, hunting down and destroying his "Children", whatever those are. and on the final world, we fight Cob himself. I'm sure that throughout the world's of the third arc, we will learn more about Cob and his Mysterious past, But as of now, Kingsisle is leaving us in the dark. Near the very end, when you're about to face Morganthe, Cob says something about saving up his power, and not wanting to lose it to Morganthe, almost as if he were saving it up for something....bigger. I think he wanted us to kill Morganthe to prevent her from taking over the spiral, so that HE could attempt to take over the spiral in the future. Think about it. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Blaze Stormmancer

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
lettup on May 4, 2014 wrote:
I think it was a GREAT world! but here's what I think. We travel to all the world's the Cob mentioned in that final Cut-Scene, hunting down and destroying his "Children", whatever those are. and on the final world, we fight Cob himself. I'm sure that throughout the world's of the third arc, we will learn more about Cob and his Mysterious past, But as of now, Kingsisle is leaving us in the dark. Near the very end, when you're about to face Morganthe, Cob says something about saving up his power, and not wanting to lose it to Morganthe, almost as if he were saving it up for something....bigger. I think he wanted us to kill Morganthe to prevent her from taking over the spiral, so that HE could attempt to take over the spiral in the future. Think about it. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Blaze Stormmancer
This is a brilliant idea! I thought about somethingrelated, but I didn't think like you did, I really liked your idea! Hope Wiz listens to it :)

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
I loved the big build up to fight Morganthe from The Hive and Shadow Palace. Shadow Palace looked amazing and had nice music, but in my opinion the way Morganthe "died" was boring and kind of a dissapointment. I like it but it was dry, it could've been more suspenseful in that part, other than that i loved the world

Samuel DeathBringer Lvl 100

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Justin Firethief on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you think about this world again, Wizard101 or KI did a fantastic job, Morganthe's dreams, Moros, The dungeon through starfall sea, Morganthe's warlords ETC. Now, when we are all expecting a great final, where war would actually break out, I mean, the council of light did NOTHING, Ambrose didn't care about Old Cob releasing his children into the spiral. It is very troublesome, and I understand that Morganthe had to end, but just not falling through a piece of glass.... I want your ideas, do you think this world is good, bad , excellent, I was fairly impressed, dispite the fact that it was a very very short one.

Going into the crafting, I like it a lot, the shadow forged weapons, the new reagents its very well made, but I still feel like it could've been better in a way.... I still consider this world to be a very fantastic finale to the 2nd Arc, except the fact Morganthe falls through glass and barely cheats, but I want to hear from you. What are your ideas

Justin Firethief lvl 100
I was impressed with the way the Hive had mutated Morganthe's physical form into a spider which looked awesome.
Yes, I was a little disappointed with her death scene. I would have prefered to see the power consume her before see reverted to a powerlss young girl (or a wizened old lady) before turning into dust.
I have been chuckling over everyone's comments on Old Cobb.
Everyone is assuming he is the next big villian based on a few lines. KI could be throwing players a curve ball (I'm an Aussie, is that the right expression?) and plan on a totally different villian.
I think Cobb may not be a villian as such, but a near immortal creature almost as old as Bartleby.
He may be like one of the old Greek Gods and perhaps he and his children are the embodiment of chaos, tragedy etc, basically all the negative things in the spiral.
I'm sure KI has put a lot of thought into the new Arc, personally I cannot wait to explore a new world but the biggest enjoyment I get from new content is the possibility of new spells, pets and gear.
See you in the next storyline
Michael Stormhammer Exhalted

Survivor
Mar 12, 2012
I, personally, found khrysalis to be an amazing, well thought-out world, with intricate stories and questing. Looking at the topic about the ending being anti-climatic, here's my take on it. Morganthe's words were 'Shadow forms reality, and reality bends to my whim.' It pretty much shows that our final battle with her four forms are actually creatures she has created by using her shadow magic, and with shadow magic comes backlash. When those four forms are destroyed, morganthe suffers exactly that, and in her rage of her shadow creations being destroyed, tried to use too much of her stolen power at once, ultimately resulting in her own destruction. This ending was perfect to me, as it showed how morganthe had become consumed by a lust for power, and that ultimately killed her. The ending was very well written. Credits to kingsisle for working so hard on a terrific ending for a terrific villain.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
hey wouldnt it have been cool this is just one of my ideas but what if you had a choice now to choose between being a hero or villian remember way back in the beginning of khrysalis where that mantis lady had you go up to the two statues one did glow but the other one not at all would be cool if those statues represented good and evil and since you were the child of light all that time that one glowed amazingly and the evil one not at all and what about what malistaire said in azteca xibalba "i will turn you into a wretched thing to be hated and feared through the spiral" doesnt sound like destroying you but more like remaking you :) morganthe asked you to join her once before in the game you didnt have a choice then really but still thats what got me thinking how cool it would have been to be on her side i would love being able to choose sides from lvl 100 on and have two storylines it would give the game more depth than it already has i believe...but thats just my idea what do you guys think?

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
ac3z on May 26, 2014 wrote:
hey wouldnt it have been cool this is just one of my ideas but what if you had a choice now to choose between being a hero or villian remember way back in the beginning of khrysalis where that mantis lady had you go up to the two statues one did glow but the other one not at all would be cool if those statues represented good and evil and since you were the child of light all that time that one glowed amazingly and the evil one not at all and what about what malistaire said in azteca xibalba "i will turn you into a wretched thing to be hated and feared through the spiral" doesnt sound like destroying you but more like remaking you :) morganthe asked you to join her once before in the game you didnt have a choice then really but still thats what got me thinking how cool it would have been to be on her side i would love being able to choose sides from lvl 100 on and have two storylines it would give the game more depth than it already has i believe...but thats just my idea what do you guys think?
But yeah, i was thinking how cool it would be if KI allowed you to join the villain, like in Mirror Lake when Morganthe says something like "Join me, young wizard, and together we shall rule the Spiral." I mean, I'm totally up for that ability, the ability to make choices. Then you and the other villian could get into a fight for domination and go to war against each other.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Justin Firethief on May 4, 2014 wrote:
This is a brilliant idea! I thought about somethingrelated, but I didn't think like you did, I really liked your idea! Hope Wiz listens to it :)
Thanks! :D I Can't wait for what's in store for the future! Not much is known about Old Cob yet, but we know one thing: Whatever he is planning, it can't be good for the rest of the spiral. But until then, keep an out for any hints about old cob and whatnot. cya in the spiral!

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
i think old cob has to with vegetables. they gave us a preview for something in the future with the cave in haunted cave. Think about cob is in the saying corn on the cob. He could be a mutation of some sort, that is what i think
Michael Moonhunter -

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
I'm not in Khrysalis yet but I watched a video and when you talk to Old Cob in Bastion (sorry if I didn't spell it right) I really enjoyed the animation. My favorite line he said was "It's time to wright a new prophecy." That's some words I'll remember.

Emily Summersinger lv 76

Survivor
Dec 17, 2011
Now a lot of people believe Old Cob will be the new bad guy and Polaris and such will be the new worlds, but i don't see it. I mean he barely gives you any good stat boosts when your with him. Plus i just don't think he is evil enough, so here is my question Is he the new bad guy, or is he a distraction from the actual danger. No need to answer waiting is the best part. I just wonder.....

Valkoor Dragonsword lvl 100

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I have many views on this topic.

First: Morganthe isn't dead. If that killed her, it was pretty hyped up for a fact that you never fought her . Can't she teleport? Like, doesn't she have a home button to save her or something?

Second: Cobb new boss? I believe he is. Right before he teleports away, look at his eyes. I'm pretty sure he has eight. There a side quest which tells the story of Grandmother Raven (Who we met) and Grandfather Spider. Cobb has eight eyes. So do spiders. Cobb seems to be a lot more than we thought. So is he Grandfather Spider, one of the oldest and most evil beings in the universe? It's up to KI, but I for one vote yes.
William Deathhead, obviously a necromancer.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Valkoor DragonSwor... on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
Now a lot of people believe Old Cob will be the new bad guy and Polaris and such will be the new worlds, but i don't see it. I mean he barely gives you any good stat boosts when your with him. Plus i just don't think he is evil enough, so here is my question Is he the new bad guy, or is he a distraction from the actual danger. No need to answer waiting is the best part. I just wonder.....

Valkoor Dragonsword lvl 100

Well, don't judge a book by it's cover. Old Cob does seem to show remorse for some things, like that bee we helped in The Hive. But all villains have different personalities. Old Cob might seem a little timid at times, but who knows? he could be just as ruthless as morganthe. so far, malistaire and morganthe both had different personalities, and that's what made them so memorable. old cob is probably gonna be different in one way or another.

Blaze Stormmancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A Death Scholar on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
I have many views on this topic.

First: Morganthe isn't dead. If that killed her, it was pretty hyped up for a fact that you never fought her . Can't she teleport? Like, doesn't she have a home button to save her or something?

Second: Cobb new boss? I believe he is. Right before he teleports away, look at his eyes. I'm pretty sure he has eight. There a side quest which tells the story of Grandmother Raven (Who we met) and Grandfather Spider. Cobb has eight eyes. So do spiders. Cobb seems to be a lot more than we thought. So is he Grandfather Spider, one of the oldest and most evil beings in the universe? It's up to KI, but I for one vote yes.
William Deathhead, obviously a necromancer.
What side quest are you talking about? It's Grandmother Raven and her brother Grandfather Tree (Bartleby) that are mentioned. There's no mention of a Grandfather Spider in the game that I have seen or that any player has posted about. Players have made this leap in fan forums is all. I agree he is a spider, he is evil and he was imprisoned by Grandmother Raven a long time ago to protect the Spiral from him. That's all we really know so far.

Jun 30, 2011
Now about these shadow weapons.... I think there should be like so kind of quest that you can get that gives you a shadow blade and then you can get more better ones but WIzard101 you have done a terrific Job with The game i wonder if old cob is working with morganthe but tricking us Thanks wizard101 for making this awesome game I WONDER WHO WILL BE THE NEXT DESTROYER OF THE WORLDS. Good job wizard101 keep up the good work!!!

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Enlightened One on May 23, 2014 wrote:
I was impressed with the way the Hive had mutated Morganthe's physical form into a spider which looked awesome.
Yes, I was a little disappointed with her death scene. I would have prefered to see the power consume her before see reverted to a powerlss young girl (or a wizened old lady) before turning into dust.
I have been chuckling over everyone's comments on Old Cobb.
Everyone is assuming he is the next big villian based on a few lines. KI could be throwing players a curve ball (I'm an Aussie, is that the right expression?) and plan on a totally different villian.
I think Cobb may not be a villian as such, but a near immortal creature almost as old as Bartleby.
He may be like one of the old Greek Gods and perhaps he and his children are the embodiment of chaos, tragedy etc, basically all the negative things in the spiral.
I'm sure KI has put a lot of thought into the new Arc, personally I cannot wait to explore a new world but the biggest enjoyment I get from new content is the possibility of new spells, pets and gear.
See you in the next storyline
Michael Stormhammer Exhalted
I agree that Old Cob may not be the next villain (and that all of you are counting your chickens before they hatch). I think it would be cool if there were a couple of villains (like the Armada in Pirate101) or if each world kind of each had its own villain, and you didn't realize how (or that) they were connected till the last world.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
I think they did this to bring her back in a future fight, like when they brought malistaire. Maybe they will bring back malistaire and morganthe some how since they both fell int space. Idea here.

Wolf Wildsword 100

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I believe Old Cob is more than just an arachnid/spider creature/avatar. He might have transcended the ultimate shadow form, perhaps starting as a raven (based on the appearance of his character model) and becoming twisted and warped as he mastered Shadow Magic.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
Justin Firethief on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:

Justin Firethief lvl 100
Honestly, this built up the plot to make you think this and I did to but.....that might just to play games on you. I might be someone completely new. But moganthe and malistare are out of the picture

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
Khrysalis, is without a doubt, one of the best worlds in the game to date. I loved the story line, characters, and the music,oh the music, wow, just amazing. I don't know what you were talking about when you say it was short, it was probably the longest world I have done yet. To be honest, I am iffy about the ending. I felt that Morganthe's death, was good and bad. I thought it was satisfying, yet not. The reason for this, is because you really did not kill her, she killed herself, because she was too weak to control the full power of Shadow Magic. Yet it was incredibly satisfying, knowing that she fell to her death into the void.
Another amazing thing, was as said before, was the music. I thought the music was great in every area, I love how there are multiple themes, some I liked more than others, but they were all amazing. The Shadow Palace theme, was seriously the best track I have ever heard in the entire game, I even bought the musical scroll, and that theme plays in my house!
Old Cob, I suspect that he will without a doubt be our new villain. I honestly saw it coming, he seemed very suspicious, especially since so many of the enemies you faced feared him, and he was sealed away in the Black Hole. I am honestly not sure as to why he helped you kill Morganthe. My only guess is, he probably wanted Morganthe out of the way, so that maybe he did not want to have to worry about Morganthe later when he was trying to unravel his dastardly plans? No one really knows, I assume there are several theories out there, but know one has anyway to know for sure as of now. So, there you have it, my thoughts on the Khrysalis world as a whole. Have a great day!
Jack StormSword Level 100
Jack DeathSword Level 56

Explorer
Feb 05, 2011
Think if this: Old Cob is the mastermind. Morganthe is just a tiny, tiny piece of the puzzle. Yes, we don't know what the puzzle is, but we will find out in Spring. Morganthe was an amazing villain, much more interesting than Malistaire's super sad love story. I still can't believe Sylvia is still married to him! I was really disappointed by Morganthe's ending. And since I have known Kingsisle since the beginning, I know whats up their sleeves. Why else would they make an ending not as um... Interesting. I was expecting us to fight the actual Morganthe, but no. This can only mean one thing: Morganthe is coming back. Not right away though. Since we already know the return of Malistaire, Kingsisle will be expecting us to think Morganthe is coming back very soon. Morganthe will be coming back, but when we least expect it.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2013
A cool ending for Khrysalis would be a more better battle with Morganthe, probably a 1v1 (or minions depending on team size) to fight.

Kane
Level 75 Wizard

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Devofied on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
A cool ending for Khrysalis would be a more better battle with Morganthe, probably a 1v1 (or minions depending on team size) to fight.

Kane
Level 75 Wizard
Yeah, I liked the battle with the Jade Oni back in MooShu.