Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Important Message from Diego

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
I wanted to take a moment to address a current concern in our Player vs Player community about an exploit being used in Ranked PvP to ensure the losing Wizard does not lose rank.

Exploiting is using an in-game bug to circumvent intended game play. It’s cheating, plain and simple, and it’s never ok to cheat.

We will be addressing the PvP exploit in a game update soon. We are tracking those who are using this exploit, and sanctions will be levied on the most egregious offenders.

Diego Santiago Quariquez Ramirez III - Duelmaster

Explorer
May 17, 2010
This brings up a question of what is an "exploit". There are many things in W101 that can be done to circumvent the 'intended' flow, but are they "exploits"? For example a low level wizard can port to a friend and 'power level', but porting to a friend is clearly an allowed action even though it does circumvent the intended flow. What about some fights in some dungeons where you can send a single char into the next room alone to start the battle and attract only 2 enemies and then have the rest of the party come into the room after the battle started and join so they can fight 2 instead of 3 or 4 enemies? Again, not the intended way it should work, but is that an 'exploit' or a strategy within the bounds of how the game works? How about in Waterworks when you could go in, out , and back into a room, start the fight and then it would end after 1 round (this bug was fixed a while ago)? I would say that was certainly a bug and not intended how it should work (and hence fixed), but at that time couldn't one consider it to be just a strategic play based on how the game is designed/works?
I have no idea what bug Mr Diego is referring to here and I'm glad that KI is jumping in to fix it quickly since it sounds like it is an unfair exploit. But I wonder if there is any way to clarify the difference between exploiting a bug and optimizing your play strategy based on how the game actually works?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
So, not only do you have the best voice and accent in the entire game, you're also courageous, valorous, and ethical? :D

Survivor
May 07, 2012
Is using a polymorph considered cheating?

Survivor
Nov 23, 2013
Thank you Diego... This has been a big issue in pvp. I would always start winning then when I win the person just logs out and doesn't lose any rank while I work hard to maintain my rank.

Chase LegendWraith lvl 34 death warlord

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
Interesting, i'm sure you can't tell us any more about this?

Gabriel Ashcaller

Defender
Dec 25, 2012
Diego on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
I wanted to take a moment to address a current concern in our Player vs Player community about an exploit being used in Ranked PvP to ensure the losing Wizard does not lose rank.

Exploiting is using an in-game bug to circumvent intended game play. It’s cheating, plain and simple, and it’s never ok to cheat.

We will be addressing the PvP exploit in a game update soon. We are tracking those who are using this exploit, and sanctions will be levied on the most egregious offenders.

wait what people are cheating well better not pvp until this update comes

Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Thank You so much this has been a real issue

Survivor
Feb 06, 2012

Dear Diego Santiago Quariquez Ramirez III - Duelmaster
thanks for taking your time helping the PvP part of the game, as i know you're doing your best to keep the matches up and running as fair as you can, i would you to also take in concideration ''puppets'' as you may already know this is when a low level wizard joins a max level in a ranked PvP match, you seem to already partly fix this, i know you use ranking and level to match the PvP however i consider it UNFAIR to be facing a level 95 teaming a level 10 vs 2 level 50 wizards, it has happen to me already and i would really thank you to take your time and fix this, pleas let me know if you believe this is a fair way to PvP i would really like to hear some thinking about it from your point of view, Duelmaster
Thankyou for your time

-Thomas Darkstone Level 50

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Wow come on fellow wizards, be fair in pvp. Diego has a bit of work on his plate helping wizards out learning how to pvp and also helping us in Khrysalis. He doesn't need to be dealing with nonsense. I appreciate your fixing that Kingsisle.

Kane Deathbringer, Level 95
Kane Thunderbringer, Almost Level 50 (49)

Few other small level classes

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
So diego this girl named jessica staff has hacked my bro and has been doing the glitch she is ice
so can you plz figure out a way to stop her
Thx by Austin and Jeremy

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Thanks so much Diego, as this would really help PvP!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
Thank you for this post Diego! With all this in mind, there are still a number of pvp exploits/glitches around the arena today. Would it be possible to investigate these as well? Word around the arena is that one of the glitches floating around allows the user's rating to sky rocket but at the cost of having a huge irrational number (Ex. 46734518210) of losses on their record. In addition to all these exploiters, I would like to ask if "glitchers" are going to be removed off the leaderboards? I see no reason why former or present cheaters should keep a spot on the pvp leaderboards. Meanwhile other duelists who spend countless hours, effort and money into achieving a legitimate spot on the leaderboards, are now being shoved out of their spots on the leaderboards. And now see exploiters replace them in the standings, on the daily norm. It is as if our work amounts for nothing. Now a days, the first page of the pvp leaderboards and extended is littered with exploiters. No longer do the pvp leaderboards accurately represent a fun, fair, and friendly competition between duelists, but a constant battle among glitchers who are duking it out to be "Top Glitcher"
A high pvp rating and record used to be seen as prestigious, challenging and earned. The challenge and climb to know you've earned your rating is what made it so rewarding in the end. Seeing the cheaters remain on the boards deflates the entire meaning of legitimately pvping. Please fix the leaderboards and stop all the glitches/glitchers! Vive la arena!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
Wow, when I tried ranked pvp it wont work.
The cause of that, I stopped playing.

Thanks for posting up this message, Diego.

Dylan (Warlord) Level 8

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011

Ty lol my lvl 10 ice has beaten many others in ranked pvp who just glitch out right when they die and lose zero points. I even witnessed two wizards with about the same lvl and rank doing 1v1 ranked(and making sure they're paired up for the 1v1) and they took turns glitching out of the match lol. My ice has 23 wins and 1 loss and though I was tempted to glitch out of my 1 loss I didn't.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
This glitch is very unfair in pvp, and if you use it, I don't think you deserve to keep your rank. But, I have a question that bothers me, what if your in the middle of pvp, and you have to log out? For like School, Bed, Work, Etc. Would you get a consequence? Because a lot of times when I pvp my mom tells me that I have to do my homework, so I have to log out. How would you know who is doing to cheat on purpose, or on accident? Please answer, thanks

WolfLifeshard Level 44 Pvp veteran
DustinAngelblood Level 29 Pvp private
JasonOwlmask Level 18 Pvp knight

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
May I just ask this question, (if it hasn't already been answered). I am disappointed in those that are using this glitch also, but since so many people are using it, who are you going to (ban?). Like, the one person on the leaderboards with a 6000 rank and 52 wins..that's not even mathematically possible. How will you find out who is using the PvP glitch?

Explorer
May 17, 2010
X172X172 on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
This glitch is very unfair in pvp, and if you use it, I don't think you deserve to keep your rank. But, I have a question that bothers me, what if your in the middle of pvp, and you have to log out? For like School, Bed, Work, Etc. Would you get a consequence? Because a lot of times when I pvp my mom tells me that I have to do my homework, so I have to log out. How would you know who is doing to cheat on purpose, or on accident? Please answer, thanks

x172x172, I hope and don't think you would get penalized since as diego said they are looking to penalized the worst abusers of the glitch.
Although I believe KI needs to fix this bug, I still contend that people adjust their game play based on how the game actually works. For example, did you know that if you port to your house (i.e. to use the bank), you can then quit out to the select your character page and when you log back in you are where you were before you ported to your house? This is a great way to get stuff out of your bank when you are the bazaar without using your location mark. Now this may or may not be a glitch, but does anyone care? Is it wrong to use this trick to save time? Isn't this PvP glitch about the same, (logoff and come back to where you were before), only difference is that people feel it is unfair to them. Funny how we see things differently in different lights.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
YumYumPM on Dec 3, 2013 wrote:
Is using a polymorph considered cheating?
No, it is not cheating it is just a different form that can help you.

Rebecca Darkdust Level 54 Necromancer

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
X172X172 on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:

Well there really is no way to know, there are many ways to cheat. I think people should not be scared of losing, as if they never died out of pvp. If your good at pvp and someone beats you, you can win to someone else and get your rank back. So their is no reason to cheat.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2010
wiz
Ok i just found out about this it happen to me in the tournament side yesterday sadly an i paid crowns to get a cheater that thinks he has it made. Diego i know you will find the fix an take care of the glitches an you have a crystal ball an see all (the ones that is doing it ). Thank you for fixing this it is a big problem. To the ones that cheat, Diego will not stop till it is fixed. It is sad you feel you have to cheat or follow others that is doing it. The ones that dont cheat stand proud Peace

Explorer
May 17, 2010
OK I've got a question, my understanding is that when these people cheat, they are avoiding a 'loss' on their record. My question is does the winner get credit for a win.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I very much agree with Diego. Many players log out simply because they are scared of taking risks, or accepting that they can lose.

"A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
YEAH that happened to me cause i wuz pvpin and dis dude just fled and came bac but failed so he did it many times more, and at the
end we had to flee.

Nathaniel Anvilwielderlvl 63
Travis Icecloud lvl 22