Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final dungeon is everything wrong with this game.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, this doesn't make sense. How is the final dungeon in KR 'everything wrong'?? It's one fight with no significant cheats. You can blade stack and take out everything in a few rounds. There are no puzzles, no tedious mobs to get to the boss -- just walk in and fight.

Compare that to the final dungeons of DS, CL, ZF, WT, AV, AZ. All are much longer and more difficult at the levels we get to them.
actually, it does make sense.

things wrong with the game:

1) horrible drop rates
2) condones elitist attitudes
3) a one-size-must-fit-all methodology
4) an unnecessarily-drawn-out slogfest

and this instance is all of them. but perhaps said instance is not the only thing at fault. perhaps it's a combination of things:

-previous instances of the same nature
-devolution from self-sufficiency to dependence on others
-having to do research for a game that's supposed to be fun
-lack of time required
-derisive, snarky attitudes from people on the boards

i loved dragonspyre, and i soloed everything through avalon (exceptions were spiral geographic archives, nastrond, waterworks, and mirror lake- which were done with only one other person). it was 'challenging', but still doable by a casual solo player; i never felt underleveled and disadvantaged, and the story still had substance enough that, even if i was underleveled, i would still want to complete it.

everything after that, save for avalon, has just been... blah. it's boring, it's tedious. and, frankly, i have better ways to waste 8 hours that do not involve me sitting in front of a computer all day looking for a group.

(forget team up- my time-zone and playable hours do not benefit from it whatsoever)

for many of us, the frustration, fatigue, and mental exhaustion are real. if this is really a game, then why does it feel so much like work?

-v.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:

1) horrible drop rates

and this instance is all of them. but perhaps said instance is not the only thing at fault. perhaps it's a combination of things:

-lack of time required

i loved dragonspyre, and i soloed everything through avalon (exceptions were spiral geographic archives, nastrond, waterworks, and mirror lake- which were done with only one other person). it was 'challenging', but still doable by a casual solo player; i never felt underleveled and disadvantaged, and the story still had substance enough that, even if i was underleveled, i would still want to complete it.

everything after that, save for avalon, has just been... blah. it's boring, it's tedious. and, frankly, i have better ways to waste 8 hours that do not involve me sitting in front of a computer all day looking for a group.

(forget team up- my time-zone and playable hours do not benefit from it whatsoever)

for many of us, the frustration, fatigue, and mental exhaustion are real. if this is really a game, then why does it feel so much like work?

-v.
1) horrible drop rates <-- no different from other drop rates for an easy battle
2) condones elitist attitudes <-- have seen none of that
3) a one-size-must-fit-all methodology <-- what is that one-size?
4) an unnecessarily-drawn-out slogfest <-- It's a single battle that takes about 10 rounds to finish for any random teamup

As for the complaints about teamup times, I don't know where you get that. I'm in EST and have no problems teaming up at any time of day, whether it's 4AM noon 9PM or midnight.

I could see complaining about the Gauntlet, that was the only really difficult dungeon in Khrysalis. Morganthe is soloable, though it's very hard solo. It's very easy with a team though.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
valerian ice on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
If anyone would like to join me in farming morganthe, I usually play in scarecrow realm between 8:30 to 11:30 pm pacific time. Wizards name is Valerian icewraith. If I am not there I might be in already.
Ice is in jade gear with healing pet and rebirth wand. Feints, heals and boosts my storm who will go in with me. Just help me keep storm alive and he can kill. Also can help with tartarus. Adult here offering help.

I hate to see people quit the game over this.
This is a very nice gesture on your part, and I'm sure your help will get a few people past that dungeon, so that they will be able to continue to play on into the 3rd arc. I'm afraid though, that its not going to keep most of these other players from quitting.

The reason many of them are quitting is that the game has changed direction from its original path, as a casual fun game. It is now geared more to the serious gamer. You, yourself, have jade gear which is "pay to win" no matter how you look at it. You can only get it from chance packs, so it is highly likely that you paid way more for it than you would have just buying it in the crown shop (unless the RNG fairy was smiling on you that day).

Lets face it, the game has just gotten to be way too much work for way too little reward. We all know the drops are terrible. There are threads after threads about it and nothing has changed. There is nothing family friendly about this. The more hardcore, serious types may find this great fun, or don't mind working hard for the joy of getting a rare item that very few will ever have. The problem is that all the decent gear is drops only. Bazaar gear is a joke, and crafted gear is starting to fall behind now too. Some people say you don't need this gear to progress in the game. Oh really? Then why are you farming for it?

I have seen many casual players with terrible gear because they are relying on bazaar gear or bad drops. These are the family players who don't have the time to farm or craft. These are the players this game was designed for. The game is getting to be a hard slog for them, as they cannot keep up with gear progression among other things. It is just too tedious, and too much like a job now. Almost everything requires a team if you are a casual gamer and team up fails a lot of the time. Many people have had it up to their necks with all this. They are SO done. That's why they are leaving.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
Black Pearl on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
This is a very nice gesture on your part, and I'm sure your help will get a few people past that dungeon, so that they will be able to continue to play on into the 3rd arc. I'm afraid though, that its not going to keep most of these other players from quitting.

The reason many of them are quitting is that the game has changed direction from its original path, as a casual fun game. It is now geared more to the serious gamer. You, yourself, have jade gear which is "pay to win" no matter how you look at it. You can only get it from chance packs, so it is highly likely that you paid way more for it than you would have just buying it in the crown shop (unless the RNG fairy was smiling on you that day).

Lets face it, the game has just gotten to be way too much work for way too little reward. We all know the drops are terrible. There are threads after threads about it and nothing has changed. There is nothing family friendly about this. The more hardcore, serious types may find this great fun, or don't mind working hard for the joy of getting a rare item that very few will ever have. The problem is that all the decent gear is drops only. Bazaar gear is a joke, and crafted gear is starting to fall behind now too. Some people say you don't need this gear to progress in the game. Oh really? Then why are you farming for it?

I have seen many casual players with terrible gear because they are relying on bazaar gear or bad drops. These are the family players who don't have the time to farm or craft. These are the players this game was designed for. The game is getting to be a hard slog for them, as they cannot keep up with gear progression among other things. It is just too tedious, and too much like a job now. Almost everything requires a team if you are a casual gamer and team up fails a lot of the time. Many people have had it up to their necks with all this. They are SO done. That's why they are leaving.
It was only an offer since I have been farming nightly anyways. I can do it with only my 2 characters but thought I would offer if anyone else needed it or wanted to farm but was having difficulty finding others to farm it.

As for my jade gear, I actually don't remember when I got it and how long it took to get it and I can afford to spend the money getting it, but that does not make me feel better than anyone else cause of the "pay to win" aspect of it. I don't care what gear others have as long as they give it their best in the battle. Heck there are people with better stuff than me out there.

I am not a hardcore gamer, in fact, this is the only game I play. I made a second account to be able to quest with myself. And I am farming her for the amulets, if that question was directed at me.

Good luck everyone in your gaming adventures.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
The "direction of the game" has not changed in at least 4 years. KI listened to player feedback about time and made instances shorter. KR has no 4+ fight dungeons, unlike all earlier worlds. The first half is easier than pre-nerf AZ. If you don't like anything post DS, then it may indeed be time to go. All the tools to be successful are available if one chooses to use them.

Last dungeon in DS - at least 5 fights, originally impossible to solo. Chance of marginally useful drops.

Last dungeon in CL - multiple puzzles, 4 mobs + 3 boss fights all with major cheats. No useful drops (unless you need a Sea Dragon).

Last dungeon in WT - multiple mob fights, 3 boss fights; one with significant cheats. Chance of rare useful drops.

Last dungeon in ZF - 2 boss fights; one with significant cheats, and 2 very high power mob fights. Chance of rare useful drops.

Last dungeon in AV - 2 mob fights, 2 boss fights; one with significant cheats. No useful drops

Last dungeon in AZ - 4 boss fights; 2 with significant cheats. No useful drops.

Last dungeon in KR - 1 boss fight with no significant cheats. Chance of rare useful drops.

How is this worse?

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Black Pearl on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:

As a casual player with a real-life job, family, and responsibilities, I have to agree with Black Pearl and Von. When we first started playing back in 2008 (yes, we've been here since the beginning), it was fun. You wandered around Wizard City, figuring things out, meeting people (good, bad, and in between), you formed online friendships, you fought together, and learned together. Now? Now it's a chore. Yes, the "team-up" function has worked for me with Malistaire, Mirror Lake, Zafaria Belloq, and the end of Azteca, but I can't get any results when I use it for Tymen Whiteflame. I stood on that sigil for half an hour, and zip.

So next month, our membership expires, and we do not plan on renewing it. I'm going to try and get another wizard to verdant gardener, focus on getting some low-level badges, and play the way I was able to play in the beginning. My son hasn't played in over a year, simply because he doesn't have the time, energy, or inclination to spend hours and hours in an instance. And most of his friends have quit, too.

Black Pearl writes "There is nothing family friendly about this." Which is why this family is not renewing our membership. We get it, KI, we don't matter. Casual players, who might spend an hour or so a day questing, don't matter. In order to progress in the game, you need to make a time investment many of us just cannot make. Or a monetary investment that many of us cannot afford. Yes, you can take 2 years to finish Azteca, but when you're done, all your friends are either exalted and refuse to help you, or have quit because they're bored. You do what I did-solo Khrysalis until Whiteflame, then realize you're done.

Frankly, if I wanted a job where I play a game, I'd apply for one, and I'd get paid. Wizard101 is a job where I pay them, and that's ridiculous.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Snee432 on Sep 9, 2014 wrote:
As a casual player with a real-life job, family, and responsibilities, I have to agree with Black Pearl and Von. When we first started playing back in 2008 (yes, we've been here since the beginning), it was fun. You wandered around Wizard City, figuring things out, meeting people (good, bad, and in between), you formed online friendships, you fought together, and learned together. Now? Now it's a chore. Yes, the "team-up" function has worked for me with Malistaire, Mirror Lake, Zafaria Belloq, and the end of Azteca, but I can't get any results when I use it for Tymen Whiteflame. I stood on that sigil for half an hour, and zip.

So next month, our membership expires, and we do not plan on renewing it. I'm going to try and get another wizard to verdant gardener, focus on getting some low-level badges, and play the way I was able to play in the beginning. My son hasn't played in over a year, simply because he doesn't have the time, energy, or inclination to spend hours and hours in an instance. And most of his friends have quit, too.

Black Pearl writes "There is nothing family friendly about this." Which is why this family is not renewing our membership. We get it, KI, we don't matter. Casual players, who might spend an hour or so a day questing, don't matter. In order to progress in the game, you need to make a time investment many of us just cannot make. Or a monetary investment that many of us cannot afford. Yes, you can take 2 years to finish Azteca, but when you're done, all your friends are either exalted and refuse to help you, or have quit because they're bored. You do what I did-solo Khrysalis until Whiteflame, then realize you're done.

Frankly, if I wanted a job where I play a game, I'd apply for one, and I'd get paid. Wizard101 is a job where I pay them, and that's ridiculous.
I have to agree with this too. I have not made it to the final dungeon yet, so I can't opine on that, but as for the general tone of the game it is not what it used to be.

My daughter did start playing again -- but mostly because she enjoys doing housing. We are stuck at mirror lake in questing, because we just don't have time for a dungeon that lasts more than one hour to complete, and we both hate the dungeons anyway. So my daughter has five wizards, one at level 70-something, and four near-beginning wizards, which is what she prefers to play when she does choose to play, which is not very often.

It's odd though, I just re-did some dungeons in Krok, and those were still fun. For one thing, they lasted a reasonable amount of time (less than 45 min). For another, they weren't just combat slogs -- they were a mix of combat and characters and puzzles, with reagents to gather as well.

I too am starting and playing lower level wizards more than my guy in K2. My exalted wizard is mostly a gardener and farmer to supply my lower wizards with stuff. Even when I do have longer blocks of time to play the lower level stuff is more fun than the upper level stuff. But we will see how long that lasts -- there is a limit to the number of repeats a person wants to do.

Overall, though, the returns are getting so they are not commensurate with the investment -- and that is not a very sustainable situation. I'm not ready to quit yet; but I think about it a lot more than I used to.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
@Snee & FinnAgain - I'm happy to help with Whiteflame and Mirror Lake. You can message me on Central to set up a time.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2011
good bye von We all will miss you and hey any one who hates on you have no rite to say your opinions are wrong we all have are own problems I quit for a while when I found it got to hard for me Most of my best friends in the game left around Zafaria I loved Celestia and most of Zafaria and I am loving Avalon And Seeth you may be very good at this game but Hey Some people cant live with going through several hours of game play some people have lives! most people are kids here and its not easy for them and why all the hate on von what has she ever done to you?! Von once again we will miss you have a good life
never make a pyromancer mad or you will be burned Seeth
Heather ash blade lvl 74 pyromancer

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
@Snee & FinnAgain - I'm happy to help with Whiteflame and Mirror Lake. You can message me on Central to set up a time.
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it when Finn (My exalted wiz in K2) gets to Whiteflame. As for Mirror lake, I am sure my daughter and I can handle it once we find the time and energy to do it (I have aleady been through it once with Finn and friends some time ago). We just don't usually get a couple hours together free to spend computer gaming, and when we do, dungeon crawling is still not our favorite way to spend that time.

For me, the issue is not just about finding friends to help with dungeons. The issue is more about the length of time needed to do the dungeons, and the changing of the dungeons in such a way that they become a hard, long grind to complete, even with friends, and nearly impossible to complete solo.

That is what Von said so well in the OP -- that the game has gone in a direction that is just not fun like it used to be. Like I said earlier -- a 45 minute dungeon in Krok that I can solo and that has puzzles and other story elements was fun to do. There was something delightful about the intent and the feel of the game there. But when single battles can go on for nearly 45 minutes (like happened to me in Xibalba), and the dungeons are one slog fest after another lasting several hours -- that is no longer fun for me. It is a radical departure from what the game started out to be and what it used to be. And, for me, it is a really sad disappointment. I don't want to give up on the game; but I don't like the direction the game seems to be going.

I do really appreciate the offer to help though, and like I said, I may well take you up on it once I get to that point.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Sep 11, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it when Finn (My exalted wiz in K2) gets to Whiteflame. As for Mirror lake, I am sure my daughter and I can handle it once we find the time and energy to do it (I have aleady been through it once with Finn and friends some time ago). We just don't usually get a couple hours together free to spend computer gaming, and when we do, dungeon crawling is still not our favorite way to spend that time.

For me, the issue is not just about finding friends to help with dungeons. The issue is more about the length of time needed to do the dungeons, and the changing of the dungeons in such a way that they become a hard, long grind to complete, even with friends, and nearly impossible to complete solo.

That is what Von said so well in the OP -- that the game has gone in a direction that is just not fun like it used to be. Like I said earlier -- a 45 minute dungeon in Krok that I can solo and that has puzzles and other story elements was fun to do. There was something delightful about the intent and the feel of the game there. But when single battles can go on for nearly 45 minutes (like happened to me in Xibalba), and the dungeons are one slog fest after another lasting several hours -- that is no longer fun for me. It is a radical departure from what the game started out to be and what it used to be. And, for me, it is a really sad disappointment. I don't want to give up on the game; but I don't like the direction the game seems to be going.

I do really appreciate the offer to help though, and like I said, I may well take you up on it once I get to that point.
Sure thing. Give me a shout anytime on Central if you want a hand, or company. We can run Mirror lake in about a half hour if you don't feel like grinding it out duo.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Snee432 said:

Oh my gosh, this is spot-on. I already have a job that pays me, thank you very much. If I wanted another one, I would put in a ton of OT or pick up a second (paying) one... I don't work for free.

I'm super-disappointed in the direction this game has taken. Not just for myself, but for all the casual players who feel forced out because they simply do not have the resources (time and friends specifically, but money as well) to enjoy it.

I still have a few months left on my membership and one wizard (storm) who has finished the game, so I am also willing to assist anyone who needs it. I would love to meet you guys in-game; most of you have been super-friendly and helpful, and I will miss that. But stop by Central and say hi~ I'm somewhat active there, and will still be once my memberships end, so send me a message. I'd be more than happy to meet up with you!

(I did, at one time, buy a few of my favourite areas for crowns. So if, after December, you see a max-level wizard in a purple outfit running around Dragonspyre during the wee hours, that would be me.)

-von

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
You just need a good strategy and a storm in your team, she's very easy to beat.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Dr Von on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:

1) horrible drop rates

-lack of time required

-v.
Seriously? Morganthe is just a bit harder than Hades and she drops an amulet strong as the amulet of divine influence, knowing that you need to do a 2 hours dungeon to beat hades, and you have directly access to morganthe. I don't think morganthe is everything wrong with this game at all; I easily farm her all day.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Frankly I'm just kind of ambivalent about the whole thing. KI is going to do what it feels is best for the future of it's Gamesite no matter what Seethe, Von, myself or anyone else thinks. Oh sure, they take our feedback into consideration. But that's the extent of it. So much of the argument that takes place regarding this subject is pointless. It seems to me that this thread has become one of those 'games within a game', with a lot of the same arguments being used ad infinitum. In some instances, ad nauseum. Personally, I'd like to see the cheating bosses in side quests and advanced towers only. Ramp up the boss health, add extra minions, whatever, but the cheats are annoying at the least and daunting (for some) at the worst. But that horse has left the barn, so we are left with what is, as opposed to what we would like it to be. So I am going to continue (and most likely fail) to use team up to get my Balance Wizard past the Tree Roots in Khrysalis, as I would dearly love to finish this world before the new one comes out. I don't have time to farm for gear, I don't have the energy to craft for gear, so much like Scarlett O'Hara sometimes I must depend on the kindness of others. I hope Von and the others reconsider as I hate to see people walk away from something they obviously love, and have invested a great deal of time, energy, and let's face it, money in. And I wish the hardcore gamers here the best of luck as well. I disagree with you, but there's no malice in it. It seems to me that W101 is being steered in the direction you wish, so your gaming futures here look bright. Everyone have a safe and happy Holiday Season and try to remember that games are supposed to be fun!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I seriously think that they should make it just a little harder actually. I mean, it's the FINAL BOSS for now. Now, it would be boring to just always play a game when you KNOW you will win. I have a lv.98 Wizzie and i teamed up with my 2 friends, who are level 98 and 97. We beat the game like it was a blink of an eye. Yes, some parts are pretty hard but all in all, they should either make it harder or keep it the same. BTW it took me like 1H- 1H and 30 minutes to complete this. I'm not trying to offend you or make things tougher on you but, Kingsisle, please don't change the game. Thanks

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
glowstorm13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I actually think that the game loses its fun somewhere in zafaria. So far I have taken two wizards through and the game easily gets boring with the cheating and defeat and collects. I end up starting new wizards, having fun up to Drum Jungle, and then getting completely bored. Can someone say something if avalon is actually fun because if not, I'm probably quitting on my storm who is at the first quest there.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Transcendent
Amber
Initiate
avalon is much better than zafaria, trust me

jordan battlefist
lvl 92

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Hello everyone, I just wanna give you an idea how I feel about the new 100 dungeons and It's up's and downs!

Alright, I have finished these dungeons a few times and have thought at first It was really interesting, Not only

to meet sylilva Drake, who is mailistares wife, but also to intrude with other unknown bosses! Facing some of

these bosses can be a challenge If and only If you allow it to be. Yes to some they are down right hard as

heck, and to others they can be easy as pie. The way I feel about it, Is it can annoying, Some of the bosses

can destroy you very fast If your not paying attention and you have to learn to trust your teammates and learn to
know how to use what to use at the right timing. After doing this run a few times, some things I am concerned

with is the fact I didn't or haven't got one decent item from these bosses. These dungeons can be challenging

and can be difficult, not to mention it does take a good 45 minutes to an hour to do even with a good team. I

do believe If we have to run a dungeon that can take longer than an hour, the drops should be better honestly.

Not only that It can get boring, When you do this over and over again, I find myself watching netflix while I play,

or working on college homework, Yes i'm in college :). Eating, running to the restroom, all in a hurry to make

sure I don't miss a round or get off focused. I have noticed KI has listen to us before, making the dungeons

seperate and easy to put into time frames for your convience. These dungeons are full of suprises and can be

fun, but please take a note KI, people like myself In college, full time job, family, Can't spend hours and hours

on this game on single handed dungeons, It does get out of style and which the low drop rate, can make you

feel hopeless and Like your never gonna get anything! The way I see it is, Shorten the dungeons up a little

more, increase the drop right by a decent amount, And we are all happy!

Thanks

Evan

(Exalted) Theurgist

Defender
May 09, 2010
To those who are complaining about having little friends online:

GO MAKE SOME! There are plenty of places to find and make some friends. I met my 3 Best friends in this game doing some dungeons, and countless others in PVP, Tartarus, And Darkmoor. Don't be lazy!

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
lettup on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
To those who are complaining about having little friends online:

GO MAKE SOME! There are plenty of places to find and make some friends. I met my 3 Best friends in this game doing some dungeons, and countless others in PVP, Tartarus, And Darkmoor. Don't be lazy!
...and all of those friends were made in places not geared towards the casual gamer anymore. You're missing the point.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
One of the things that gets me about the way things are going on dungeons is one of the normal responses to schedule a appointment with a help group. To me that just seems wrong for a game. Early in the game some of the dungeons changed according to how many people went in. Since I really like to solo why can't this be done now?

Defender
May 09, 2010
Antonio Shadowbrea... on Jan 21, 2015 wrote:
...and all of those friends were made in places not geared towards the casual gamer anymore. You're missing the point.
I've met plenty in the commons. You could team up with people by asking around on the Message boards. And no one's saying you can't friend people who are lower levels then you. I've added people who are twin ty levels behind me, just to spend my time to help them level up, so they could help me with some of my stuff, and now we're good friends! The possibilities are not limited. You're missing the point, Antonio.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Dr Von on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
If you have the ideal team (ice for tanking, life for healing, balance for blades and storm as DD, then yes, it will be a short run. I have done it with other instances, so I know that it is possible. However, most people do not have this at their immediate disposal.

There were only 3 of us: exalted fire, ice, and storm; we didn't have a healer, or someone with a mastery amulet. I had to plan this 2 weeks in advance, since the only time I have ever been able to find a group with Team Up is for Tartarus on a weekend.

What we ran into were stackable armour-pierce spams and a shadow magic cheat that hits each player for 1450 every few rounds and ignores all resist modifiers. We did not encounter any of the cheats you listed, so I will assume that you completed the instance before it was modified; the girls who came with me had both done the instance previously and said that the cheats had been amplified since they first completed it. Probably because people like you continue to cry about how easy it is, with no regard for those of us who don't have your experience and resources.

Someone has to stand up for the average player. And if that means that you and others continue to insult me and claim that I'm less of a player than you, then so be it; I would rather your insults be directed at me than at a child or new player who is struggling.

I'm with Mary. Perhaps there's no longer a place in the Spiral for casual players, but my departure will be on my terms. When I do decide to pack it in, it will be because I want to, and not because people like you say I should.

No change was ever made because people kept their opinions to themselves. As a paying customer, I am entitled to use the platform provided by the game I pay for to voice said opinions, however (un) popular my views may be.

-v.
Von, I think you're over-complicating this. You don't need to "plan 2 weeks in advance" for one dungeon, as lousy as you claim it is, why bother devoting real life energy into a period with real life planning? (If that makes any sense XD)
It really isn't that difficult Von. I believe your first run through was a mess-up...and it happens occasionally. With the "best gear in the game" you probably shouldn't have failed there, but I'm not one to judge your endeavors in the spiral.
This game is still fun. But come on man, it's the FINAL DUNGEON of a 4 year plan by KI! Wouldn't you have been equally disappointed if you finished the dungeon in 5 minutes flat? This games Lore (which you seem not to care about), points Morganthe as powerful....so what'd you expect going in there? A "Mob worthy" fight? I can understand your rant about more "casual" players having difficulty with this, but again, 4 years of work has lead to this final fight. And although the "death" of Morganthe was anti-climactic, I didn't really mind. That 4 years of work had ended, and the future lays ahead.......but if there's one thing I seem to agree with you on: is that KI needs to add something big and beautiful to make the 3rd arc as lovable as the other ones.

And one more thing, there's nothing wrong with taking a break. I've taken breaks from this game a multitude of times before, and came running back when I decided I was ready once again. You can delve time, money, and experience into other things if you wish, but I do see you still love this game. And if you love something, it's OK to let it go....But sometimes, it finds you again. Keep that in mind.

Blaze Stormmancer

Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
its def not that hard, just need the right people

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Dr Von on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Last night, I took my first wizard through end game. I had two good friends with me; we blew through the galleries in about 45 minutes, and then went to see Morganthe.

Oh. My. God.

Between all the cheat casts and other insanity, we were in there for almost 2 hours. We all died about 4 times each and spent more time keeping ourselves and each other alive than actually doing any damage, since our pets were practically asleep at the switch. And, afterward, we were all physically exhausted: 'it feels like I just ran a marathon' and 'my brain is fried' were just a couple of phrases tossed around.

We are all veteran players, all with good pets and the best gear available. There is no way we should have struggled like that, which makes me wonder how the game is going to sustain itself; it's going to reach a point where people no longer have the time or resources needed to complete such instances, and they will leave.

I get it, KI: you're trying to attract the hardcore set; people who have the best of everything and a full list of friends to play with at all hours, who probably find this sort of thing 'easy'. But, in doing so, you guys have completely alienated your casual player base... the target audience, the ones this game is marketed to and was supposedly made for, and who don't have all of those things.

But it's not fun anymore; it's work. And, unless something drastic changes in the next few months, I will be hanging up my wizard hats and leaving the Spiral in search of a stress-free game: one in which I can mindlessly blow off steam after a crappy day at the office and that doesn't require me to put in job-like hours.

Come on, KI. You know I love you guys, and I wouldn't be saying any of this if I didn't care about the future of the game. You can do better than that.

-von
Well she DID turn into a giant bug....and she DID kinda sorta revive Malistare, come on, just let her have her fun with her little cheats and whatnot, I actually look forward to longer boss battles!