Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Final dungeon is everything wrong with this game.

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
Last night, I took my first wizard through end game. I had two good friends with me; we blew through the galleries in about 45 minutes, and then went to see Morganthe.

Oh. My. God.

Between all the cheat casts and other insanity, we were in there for almost 2 hours. We all died about 4 times each and spent more time keeping ourselves and each other alive than actually doing any damage, since our pets were practically asleep at the switch. And, afterward, we were all physically exhausted: 'it feels like I just ran a marathon' and 'my brain is fried' were just a couple of phrases tossed around.

We are all veteran players, all with good pets and the best gear available. There is no way we should have struggled like that, which makes me wonder how the game is going to sustain itself; it's going to reach a point where people no longer have the time or resources needed to complete such instances, and they will leave.

I get it, KI: you're trying to attract the hardcore set; people who have the best of everything and a full list of friends to play with at all hours, who probably find this sort of thing 'easy'. But, in doing so, you guys have completely alienated your casual player base... the target audience, the ones this game is marketed to and was supposedly made for, and who don't have all of those things.

But it's not fun anymore; it's work. And, unless something drastic changes in the next few months, I will be hanging up my wizard hats and leaving the Spiral in search of a stress-free game: one in which I can mindlessly blow off steam after a crappy day at the office and that doesn't require me to put in job-like hours.

Come on, KI. You know I love you guys, and I wouldn't be saying any of this if I didn't care about the future of the game. You can do better than that.

-von

Defender
May 09, 2010
181
First off, what's a good game without a little challenge here and there? You claim Morganthe is Hard? You should have seen how many people were complaining how easy she was. And how many people still are! It's all in the way you play, friends, spells, and attitude that make things seem the way they are. You got lots of time between now and the next world to beat Morganthe (Or possibly farm her for goods) until the next world comes out.

I, along with many other people agree that Morganthe's death was a tad on the anti-climactic side, but whatever. It's all in the past. And in truth, is it that big of deal? My opinion however does confirm that Morganthe's death was a little stumble on Kings-isle's part, but it's nothing to fuss over too badly.

I for one DO NOT have the best gear, DO NOT have the best pets, and heaven help me I DO NOT have friends on 24/7 to help every aid I have. Yet I still beat it on my first try, with three good friends of mine all who aren't the best players either. It really does depend on what you do, and who you got. So don't blame Kingsisle for what you could have done better. Keep that in mind, No hard feelings, and I'll see you in the spiral.

Blaze Stormmancer

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
60
lettup on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
First off, what's a good game without a little challenge here and there? You claim Morganthe is Hard? You should have seen how many people were complaining how easy she was. And how many people still are! It's all in the way you play, friends, spells, and attitude that make things seem the way they are. You got lots of time between now and the next world to beat Morganthe (Or possibly farm her for goods) until the next world comes out.

I, along with many other people agree that Morganthe's death was a tad on the anti-climactic side, but whatever. It's all in the past. And in truth, is it that big of deal? My opinion however does confirm that Morganthe's death was a little stumble on Kings-isle's part, but it's nothing to fuss over too badly.

I for one DO NOT have the best gear, DO NOT have the best pets, and heaven help me I DO NOT have friends on 24/7 to help every aid I have. Yet I still beat it on my first try, with three good friends of mine all who aren't the best players either. It really does depend on what you do, and who you got. So don't blame Kingsisle for what you could have done better. Keep that in mind, No hard feelings, and I'll see you in the spiral.

Blaze Stormmancer
Oh wow, this is exastly what I have been trying to say to Dr. Von. While I greatly respect you, Dr. Von, and I think that some of your posts are really funny, I think that also think your complaining is a little over the top, as well as the fact that you over argue things, such as the difficulty of Azteca and Kriselius (no idea what so ever how to spell this.) Ether I have a crazy idea of fun (this is probably true, sense my one of my favorite things to do is farm storm blocks), or you complain way to much, Dr Von.

level 93
level 29
level 23
level 10
level 8
level 8

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Dr Von on Jul 27, 2014 wrote:
Last night, I took my first wizard through end game. I had two good friends with me; we blew through the galleries in about 45 minutes, and then went to see Morganthe.

Oh. My. God.

Between all the cheat casts and other insanity, we were in there for almost 2 hours. We all died about 4 times each and spent more time keeping ourselves and each other alive than actually doing any damage, since our pets were practically asleep at the switch. And, afterward, we were all physically exhausted: 'it feels like I just ran a marathon' and 'my brain is fried' were just a couple of phrases tossed around.

We are all veteran players, all with good pets and the best gear available. There is no way we should have struggled like that, which makes me wonder how the game is going to sustain itself; it's going to reach a point where people no longer have the time or resources needed to complete such instances, and they will leave.

I get it, KI: you're trying to attract the hardcore set; people who have the best of everything and a full list of friends to play with at all hours, who probably find this sort of thing 'easy'. But, in doing so, you guys have completely alienated your casual player base... the target audience, the ones this game is marketed to and was supposedly made for, and who don't have all of those things.

But it's not fun anymore; it's work. And, unless something drastic changes in the next few months, I will be hanging up my wizard hats and leaving the Spiral in search of a stress-free game: one in which I can mindlessly blow off steam after a crappy day at the office and that doesn't require me to put in job-like hours.

Come on, KI. You know I love you guys, and I wouldn't be saying any of this if I didn't care about the future of the game. You can do better than that.

-von
von, you have a lot more fortitude that I do. I quit before the Shadow Magic instance on the 2 wizards I bought into KS, I stopped playing another in AZ, twice though was enough for me. I don't have any friends that play well enough to figure any of the cheat system out so it becomes too much work to manage it all while doing these events and I refuse to resort to begging to be able to play the game.

At some point in the game the best does goto the ones that have the time for it. A few hours a day even isn't enough to develop a perfect wizard for the worlds to come unless you put questing on hold for months on end. Wasting sub time etc.

I too am actively looking for another game that is less serious and more silly fun. I don't need a challenge I have real life for that. Clearly I want something entirely different from my game experience then others in this game.

Mary

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
I actually think that the game loses its fun somewhere in zafaria. So far I have taken two wizards through and the game easily gets boring with the cheating and defeat and collects. I end up starting new wizards, having fun up to Drum Jungle, and then getting completely bored. Can someone say something if avalon is actually fun because if not, I'm probably quitting on my storm who is at the first quest there.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Transcendent
Amber
Initiate

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
I really can't understand this. Morganthe takes about 10-15 minutes per run. I don't see how it could possibly take anyone 2 hours for one run. The cheats are almost non-existant for Morganthe. She does a spider AOE every 5th round that does a few hundred damage to all players. If you cast a global bubble, storm casts a dot on herself that clears universal traps for 2 turns. A prism cast on death does the same for her that will remove any prism or uni trap for 2 turns. Ice does the same thing any time it gets attacked. That's all the cheats. You just had a bad run with people not knowing what to do. I use team up at all times of the night/morning and I've never seen a run that lasted more than 30 minutes and those only happen when 2 people flee.

Champion
Feb 29, 2012
488
This is a forum, and while Von may post a lot about things like this, it's not against the rules and she does have some valid points. I also love reading her posts, especially those Malistaire related. They give me quite a few giggles.

Back on topic, I do plan on finishing Khrysalis on my Diviner, but after that I think I shall stick to Avalon and below on my other wizards. Dragging Scarlet through Khrysalis was a struggle as most of my good friends have quit and moved on to other games and those that stay are not in the same world that I am.

Soloing Khrysalis, while doable, is a time guzzler and I spend far longer on boss fights than I'd like to. I know I'm out of school for the summer, but I still have friends and family and me time. These long boss fights intrude upon all of these. I know I could shorten up the fights by using team up, but I'd rather not deal with it too often after reading about some unfortunate encounters on Central.

I don't like having to spend 2+ hours on a boss fight. It's not fun and it gets really repetitive when every other fight is a boss fight. I don't think I could ever quit Wizard101, because I still have awesome friends here, but after me and my family finish the worlds I think I'll cancel the sub I have. I'd rather have fun hanging out with friends and talking about stuff like food and the world ending because so-and-so on our friends lists finally got a Warlord than being frustrated when I have to solo a 4v1 or cheating boss fight. Sometimes both combined if I'm really lucky. (Not.)

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
seethe42 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I really can't understand this. Morganthe takes about 10-15 minutes per run. I don't see how it could possibly take anyone 2 hours for one run. The cheats are almost non-existant for Morganthe. She does a spider AOE every 5th round that does a few hundred damage to all players. If you cast a global bubble, storm casts a dot on herself that clears universal traps for 2 turns. A prism cast on death does the same for her that will remove any prism or uni trap for 2 turns. Ice does the same thing any time it gets attacked. That's all the cheats. You just had a bad run with people not knowing what to do. I use team up at all times of the night/morning and I've never seen a run that lasted more than 30 minutes and those only happen when 2 people flee.
If you have the ideal team (ice for tanking, life for healing, balance for blades and storm as DD, then yes, it will be a short run. I have done it with other instances, so I know that it is possible. However, most people do not have this at their immediate disposal.

There were only 3 of us: exalted fire, ice, and storm; we didn't have a healer, or someone with a mastery amulet. I had to plan this 2 weeks in advance, since the only time I have ever been able to find a group with Team Up is for Tartarus on a weekend.

What we ran into were stackable armour-pierce spams and a shadow magic cheat that hits each player for 1450 every few rounds and ignores all resist modifiers. We did not encounter any of the cheats you listed, so I will assume that you completed the instance before it was modified; the girls who came with me had both done the instance previously and said that the cheats had been amplified since they first completed it. Probably because people like you continue to cry about how easy it is, with no regard for those of us who don't have your experience and resources.

Someone has to stand up for the average player. And if that means that you and others continue to insult me and claim that I'm less of a player than you, then so be it; I would rather your insults be directed at me than at a child or new player who is struggling.

I'm with Mary. Perhaps there's no longer a place in the Spiral for casual players, but my departure will be on my terms. When I do decide to pack it in, it will be because I want to, and not because people like you say I should.

No change was ever made because people kept their opinions to themselves. As a paying customer, I am entitled to use the platform provided by the game I pay for to voice said opinions, however (un) popular my views may be.

-v.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
75
I would be happy to help in morg and tart battles. They are doable without henchmen. I have an ice in jade with all heals in deck, feints, traps, blades, rebirth wand, large incoming and outgoing heal and dungeon spam heal pet. Just don't know how to hook up with people on here but am willing to help.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
streem485 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Oh wow, this is exastly what I have been trying to say to Dr. Von. While I greatly respect you, Dr. Von, and I think that some of your posts are really funny, I think that also think your complaining is a little over the top, as well as the fact that you over argue things, such as the difficulty of Azteca and Kriselius (no idea what so ever how to spell this.) Ether I have a crazy idea of fun (this is probably true, sense my one of my favorite things to do is farm storm blocks), or you complain way to much, Dr Von.

level 93
level 29
level 23
level 10
level 8
level 8
Everyone has the right to their own opinion. After so many years, personally, I get tired of hearing the PvP people whine constantly about every little detail. So, now some of us are speaking up in PvE on how ridiculous the game is going and we get shot down. Okay, you're justified in your opinion as well as the us the average PvE player has their own opinion.

Way before this, Von didn't do a lot of complaining in posts (I mean before Azteca). With these new worlds getting more and more complicated and intricate, it's lost the luster for the average player, who will never see the end of the game content because they don't have the gear, don't have the friends, don't have the pets, don't have anything that will help them. There is such a thing as too much. This is a casual game that is suppose to cater to the entire family, young and old alike.

It shouldn't be so mentally exhausting to try and keep everything in the new worlds straight in your head. Shadow spells are a perfect example of something that doesn't need to be added to the game.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
Northlite on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
von, you have a lot more fortitude that I do. I quit before the Shadow Magic instance on the 2 wizards I bought into KS, I stopped playing another in AZ, twice though was enough for me. I don't have any friends that play well enough to figure any of the cheat system out so it becomes too much work to manage it all while doing these events and I refuse to resort to begging to be able to play the game.

At some point in the game the best does goto the ones that have the time for it. A few hours a day even isn't enough to develop a perfect wizard for the worlds to come unless you put questing on hold for months on end. Wasting sub time etc.

I too am actively looking for another game that is less serious and more silly fun. I don't need a challenge I have real life for that. Clearly I want something entirely different from my game experience then others in this game.

Mary
The game is a slogfest in repetitiveness and boring farming. It shouldn't take hours to complete something simple as a boss fight nor any other part of the game.

I too am looking for other games that will satisfy the simple nature of what a game should be ..... FUN. I won't leave Wizzy completely, because I keep holding onto hope that things will turn around and get better. But in the long run, if it never happens, then I must make a decision at that time on what I want to do.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
glowstorm13 on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
I actually think that the game loses its fun somewhere in zafaria. So far I have taken two wizards through and the game easily gets boring with the cheating and defeat and collects. I end up starting new wizards, having fun up to Drum Jungle, and then getting completely bored. Can someone say something if avalon is actually fun because if not, I'm probably quitting on my storm who is at the first quest there.
Sarai Thunderstrider
Transcendent
Amber
Initiate
For me, Avalon is actually a lot of fun. It has a lot of game humor and quirkiness that I enjoy, and if you know anything about Monty Python, you'll get the many references in Avalon.

That world does somewhat capture what W101 lost in some of their previous 2nd world arc. :)

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
(I'm not sure if this post is a duplicate or not, the window locked up and closed before it posted, I think)

It can take up to 2 hours for a run. Anything can go wrong and it does. People who have nothing better to do than to farm Morganthe over and over and over and over until it becomes a mind-numbing slogfest would get faster at it ...... but 10-15 minutes? Hardly. You mention the 'slight' cheats. You didn't mention anything about all of them using Shadow magic at the same time, particularly the one who casts a AOE that hit 1450 on each. Pets not healing at all, no heals coming up to use, getting hit with pierce, not blocking crits, and the list goes on.

Not knowing what to do? Oh, we knew what to do. This thread is to point out the ridiculous dungeon, what you have to do, what you can't do, what you're up against, and the whole attitude that thinking a dungeon like this is a 'challenge' because it's 'hard'. Well, challenges come in many different forms, and the Morganthe dungeon doesn't fall within those guidelines. It's tedious, monotonous, and ridiculous, which doesn't show any challenge to me, it shows that only the people who have no lives and/or no jobs have the hours and hours it takes to do dungeons and farm till their hearts content to get the gear that they want, then they put down all the other people who have lives and/or jobs and/or families that don't have the time and effort into putting their lives on hold just to be disappointed time and time again because they can't get what they want for themselves.

The frustration is real. The mental exhaustion is real. There is no other game I play, and I emphasize NO other mmo game I play that holds their players hostage for drops like KI does and ramps up the difficulty to the point where the simple, average, casual-playing families can't enjoy a fun-loving, exciting, magical game any more.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
211
My necromancer is set for the tree root fight in the Shadow Palace.... and is now a'scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this section of the game a series of Xibalba-like dungeons??????

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Initiate Theurgist

Survivor
Oct 12, 2009
1


Its a breeze with team support and Storm naturally can glide thru with this last battle.
My death has it a little harder and my Balance supports not goes for the glory.
Any dungeon is esay with a group if they help each other.

The drops are a joke.
I have been farming Morganthe and Hades for weeks.

I can live with the stingy drops but the pie should be a little more worth while for the time and work involved.
Many of us finish each farming run with the same phrase, more junk.

I suggest the payoff in drops be more realistic.
I also farm Lore Master in DS for spells and she does a terrible drop rate.

Jeremy Storm
Finnigan

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
595
Miranda Nightsinge... on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
My necromancer is set for the tree root fight in the Shadow Palace.... and is now a'scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is this section of the game a series of Xibalba-like dungeons??????

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Grandmaster Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Magus Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Initiate Theurgist
Don't be scared. They are shorter than Xi. Moros (the tree) is a single fight and it has only a mild cheat -- if you knock out a single enemy another one spawns, but with lower health. You best bet is to take out all at once with an attack-all spell.

The next dungeon, Galleries, is a bit harder, but all the bosses there you have defeated before. They have the same cheats this time, so remember what you did last time you faced them and you'll be fine. It's three fights.

Then you get to fight Morganthe and are finished with the main arc :) Morganthe is a single fight with mild cheats. I'm not sure why the OP had such a hard time there (bad luck maybe?). I've done Morganthe with random players and always been able to get through in 15 to 25 minutes. With an organized team it can be done in 4 or 5 rounds.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
133
Since each run is different both are right saying it's hard or saying it's easy. I have been through the final and it was so-so toward the tough side. Just barely hung in there. But I also remember going through areas and not having a problem with one wizard and really getting hammered with another. I have been chain spammed stun some runs on mobs or bosses and breezed through with others. It's the luck of the draw for what and when they get their cards.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Dr Von on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
If you have the ideal team (ice for tanking, life for healing, balance for blades and storm as DD, then yes, it will be a short run. I have done it with other instances, so I know that it is possible. However, most people do not have this at their immediate disposal.

There were only 3 of us: exalted fire, ice, and storm; we didn't have a healer, or someone with a mastery amulet. I had to plan this 2 weeks in advance, since the only time I have ever been able to find a group with Team Up is for Tartarus on a weekend.

What we ran into were stackable armour-pierce spams and a shadow magic cheat that hits each player for 1450 every few rounds and ignores all resist modifiers. We did not encounter any of the cheats you listed, so I will assume that you completed the instance before it was modified; the girls who came with me had both done the instance previously and said that the cheats had been amplified since they first completed it. Probably because people like you continue to cry about how easy it is, with no regard for those of us who don't have your experience and resources.

Someone has to stand up for the average player. And if that means that you and others continue to insult me and claim that I'm less of a player than you, then so be it; I would rather your insults be directed at me than at a child or new player who is struggling.

I'm with Mary. Perhaps there's no longer a place in the Spiral for casual players, but my departure will be on my terms. When I do decide to pack it in, it will be because I want to, and not because people like you say I should.

No change was ever made because people kept their opinions to themselves. As a paying customer, I am entitled to use the platform provided by the game I pay for to voice said opinions, however (un) popular my views may be.

-v.
"What we ran into were stackable armour-pierce spams and a shadow magic cheat that hits each player for 1450 every few rounds and ignores all resist modifiers. We did not encounter any of the cheats you listed, so I will assume that you completed the instance before it was modified; the girls who came with me had both done the instance previously and said that the cheats had been amplified since they first completed it. Probably because people like you continue to cry about how easy it is, with no regard for those of us who don't have your experience and resources."

The cheats haven't changed at all. The attack you are referring to is a regular shadow creature attack spell, not a cheat. Those attacks only tend to happen if you allow the fight to continue long past 10 rounds. The cheats are all exactly what I said. With your party setup, Ice should start alone first round as tank, fire and storm next round. All 3 blade Storm or feint, if fire has no blades or traps for storm they can smokescreen to cause fizzles. Carrying a mass storm prism helps setting them up too. Once storm has 5-7 blades, depending on their attack gear, a colossal sirens will kill them all well before they start casting shadow hits. No changes in difficulty or cheats has been made and I haven't insulted you in any way. You are the one who keeps up with the insults. I run this instance dozens of times a day and it IS mind-numbing and the drops stink, but it is NOT a 2 hour battle. The one crying here is you, not me. I haven't posted anything about how easy Khrysalis is since it was in testing, and most of my posts regarding it's ease were in relation to giving too much XP and weakened mobs. It was a big step down in difficulty from previous worlds.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2926
seethe42 on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
"What we ran into were stackable armour-pierce spams and a shadow magic cheat that hits each player for 1450 every few rounds and ignores all resist modifiers. We did not encounter any of the cheats you listed, so I will assume that you completed the instance before it was modified; the girls who came with me had both done the instance previously and said that the cheats had been amplified since they first completed it. Probably because people like you continue to cry about how easy it is, with no regard for those of us who don't have your experience and resources."

The cheats haven't changed at all. The attack you are referring to is a regular shadow creature attack spell, not a cheat. Those attacks only tend to happen if you allow the fight to continue long past 10 rounds. The cheats are all exactly what I said. With your party setup, Ice should start alone first round as tank, fire and storm next round. All 3 blade Storm or feint, if fire has no blades or traps for storm they can smokescreen to cause fizzles. Carrying a mass storm prism helps setting them up too. Once storm has 5-7 blades, depending on their attack gear, a colossal sirens will kill them all well before they start casting shadow hits. No changes in difficulty or cheats has been made and I haven't insulted you in any way. You are the one who keeps up with the insults. I run this instance dozens of times a day and it IS mind-numbing and the drops stink, but it is NOT a 2 hour battle. The one crying here is you, not me. I haven't posted anything about how easy Khrysalis is since it was in testing, and most of my posts regarding it's ease were in relation to giving too much XP and weakened mobs. It was a big step down in difficulty from previous worlds.
The attack you are referring to is a regular shadow creature attack spell, not a cheat.

Okay, so it's a regular attack spell. Still a huge difference between 'a few hundred damage' (to quote your first post) and 1450... Don't you agree that difference is life or death for someone whose health is what yours was at level 50?

I haven't insulted you in any way. You are the one who keeps up with the insults.


I'm not sure what forum you've been reading. But, last I checked, responding to every single post I make with petty jabs and snark, and routinely implying that I'm less of a player than you- all of which you have done on several occasions- constitutes an insult.

And, since you're so fond of quoting me, why don't you direct me to a post in which I insulted you? My issue has never been with you, but with your one-size-must-fit-all view of gaming and constant attacks on those who disagree with your neat little box of what's "easy".

The one crying here is you, not me.

All right. So let's say that, hypothetically speaking, you and I each buy a new car. Same make, model, even the same colour and year; you enjoy doing 120K on the highway, but I prefer the back roads as I'm not comfortable with those speeds. We're told that it's designed for slower speeds, but that it's safe to drive on the highway at 120 clicks.

One day, your brakes fail and you get into an accident. So you go to the dealership to complain: you were told by the salesperson that this car was safe to drive at those speeds, and you're justifiably upset that what you were sold is not what you were promised.

Then, while you're ranting to the salesperson, I show up and tell you that, because my car is working fine and I got exactly what I wanted, you have no right to be upset because you're clearly a less-skilled driver; even though we are both paying customers, I got what I wanted and no one else matters but me.

This is how your attitude comes across, in every single reply you have ever made to me on this particular subject. I was sold a product that is not what was promised, and am therefore entitled to voice my dissatisfaction. But your needs have been met, so what does it matter that others are struggling? Can't argue with that logic.

-v.

Administrator
Hello young wizards,

We appreciate everyone's feedback on the difficulty level of the Morganthe battle. I understand that different players may have different experiences with the instance. Some may find it difficult, and others may not find it to be as much of a challenge. Everyone's personal experiences and opinions on the matter are valid and valued feedback.

Please continue this discussion respectfully or I will unfortunately have to close the topic. Thanks for your understanding.


community@wizard101.com
Delver
Sep 01, 2009
265
Dr Von on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
The attack you are referring to is a regular shadow creature attack spell, not a cheat.

Okay, so it's a regular attack spell. Still a huge difference between 'a few hundred damage' (to quote your first post) and 1450... Don't you agree that difference is life or death for someone whose health is what yours was at level 50?

I haven't insulted you in any way. You are the one who keeps up with the insults.


I'm not sure what forum you've been reading. But, last I checked, responding to every single post I make with petty jabs and snark, and routinely implying that I'm less of a player than you- all of which you have done on several occasions- constitutes an insult.

And, since you're so fond of quoting me, why don't you direct me to a post in which I insulted you? My issue has never been with you, but with your one-size-must-fit-all view of gaming and constant attacks on those who disagree with your neat little box of what's "easy".

The one crying here is you, not me.

All right. So let's say that, hypothetically speaking, you and I each buy a new car. Same make, model, even the same colour and year; you enjoy doing 120K on the highway, but I prefer the back roads as I'm not comfortable with those speeds. We're told that it's designed for slower speeds, but that it's safe to drive on the highway at 120 clicks.

One day, your brakes fail and you get into an accident. So you go to the dealership to complain: you were told by the salesperson that this car was safe to drive at those speeds, and you're justifiably upset that what you were sold is not what you were promised.

Then, while you're ranting to the salesperson, I show up and tell you that, because my car is working fine and I got exactly what I wanted, you have no right to be upset because you're clearly a less-skilled driver; even though we are both paying customers, I got what I wanted and no one else matters but me.

This is how your attitude comes across, in every single reply you have ever made to me on this particular subject. I was sold a product that is not what was promised, and am therefore entitled to voice my dissatisfaction. But your needs have been met, so what does it matter that others are struggling? Can't argue with that logic.

-v.
This is the one of the best analogies I have ever seen. Absolutely nailed it. Well done, Von.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Dr Von on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
The attack you are referring to is a regular shadow creature attack spell, not a cheat.

Okay, so it's a regular attack spell. Still a huge difference between 'a few hundred damage' (to quote your first post) and 1450... Don't you agree that difference is life or death for someone whose health is what yours was at level 50?

I haven't insulted you in any way. You are the one who keeps up with the insults.


I'm not sure what forum you've been reading. But, last I checked, responding to every single post I make with petty jabs and snark, and routinely implying that I'm less of a player than you- all of which you have done on several occasions- constitutes an insult.

And, since you're so fond of quoting me, why don't you direct me to a post in which I insulted you? My issue has never been with you, but with your one-size-must-fit-all view of gaming and constant attacks on those who disagree with your neat little box of what's "easy".

The one crying here is you, not me.

All right. So let's say that, hypothetically speaking, you and I each buy a new car. Same make, model, even the same colour and year; you enjoy doing 120K on the highway, but I prefer the back roads as I'm not comfortable with those speeds. We're told that it's designed for slower speeds, but that it's safe to drive on the highway at 120 clicks.

One day, your brakes fail and you get into an accident. So you go to the dealership to complain: you were told by the salesperson that this car was safe to drive at those speeds, and you're justifiably upset that what you were sold is not what you were promised.

Then, while you're ranting to the salesperson, I show up and tell you that, because my car is working fine and I got exactly what I wanted, you have no right to be upset because you're clearly a less-skilled driver; even though we are both paying customers, I got what I wanted and no one else matters but me.

This is how your attitude comes across, in every single reply you have ever made to me on this particular subject. I was sold a product that is not what was promised, and am therefore entitled to voice my dissatisfaction. But your needs have been met, so what does it matter that others are struggling? Can't argue with that logic.

-v.
Ok let's take your analogy a little further to make it more true to reality. You bought a yearly lease on a Jetta. They replace it with the newer model Jetta every year for you. After about 5 years you find that you liked last years model better than this years. Did they sell you something different than promised? NO, they gave you exactly what they sold you, a lease on the newest model available. This game was not sold with a stipulation that it will not be improved, changed or added to over the years. You didn't buy a static item, you bought something that changes and evolves over time. This analogy fits a bit better.

My points posted in this thread were just statements on my experiences and the actual cheats in this dungeon. Nothing I have said was an attack on you or your ability.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
I think it's everything RIGHT with the game, except for the gear drops which could be better.

From the moment we ride the Great Beast all the way to the final Morganthe fight, almost every battle is different and advances the story. Unlike some other worlds there is very little filler. We are gaining on the bad guys, fighting interesting bosses that make us think, and discovering things we've wondered about since the game began. KR part 2 is the best!

I don't see what is so hard about the last dungeon. It's one fight, and at level 100 it is easier than Malistare was at 50, Trial of the Spheres was at 60, or even Mirror Lake was at 70. Why would the last boss in the highest world of the game not be a challenge? I'd be pretty disappointed if we could just walk in and pwn her without some effort. I think she could have had more cheats.

It's also great that those last bosses are separate instances rather than one long dungeon. I think KI has listened well to player feedback about having things broken up. That helps a lot with time management.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
30
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 30, 2014 wrote:
(I'm not sure if this post is a duplicate or not, the window locked up and closed before it posted, I think)

It can take up to 2 hours for a run. Anything can go wrong and it does. People who have nothing better to do than to farm Morganthe over and over and over and over until it becomes a mind-numbing slogfest would get faster at it ...... but 10-15 minutes? Hardly. You mention the 'slight' cheats. You didn't mention anything about all of them using Shadow magic at the same time, particularly the one who casts a AOE that hit 1450 on each. Pets not healing at all, no heals coming up to use, getting hit with pierce, not blocking crits, and the list goes on.

Not knowing what to do? Oh, we knew what to do. This thread is to point out the ridiculous dungeon, what you have to do, what you can't do, what you're up against, and the whole attitude that thinking a dungeon like this is a 'challenge' because it's 'hard'. Well, challenges come in many different forms, and the Morganthe dungeon doesn't fall within those guidelines. It's tedious, monotonous, and ridiculous, which doesn't show any challenge to me, it shows that only the people who have no lives and/or no jobs have the hours and hours it takes to do dungeons and farm till their hearts content to get the gear that they want, then they put down all the other people who have lives and/or jobs and/or families that don't have the time and effort into putting their lives on hold just to be disappointed time and time again because they can't get what they want for themselves.

The frustration is real. The mental exhaustion is real. There is no other game I play, and I emphasize NO other mmo game I play that holds their players hostage for drops like KI does and ramps up the difficulty to the point where the simple, average, casual-playing families can't enjoy a fun-loving, exciting, magical game any more.
You are right the cheat goes on when dealing with this chick. Perfect example a regular spider hit does about 350 damage to my balance then turns around and do over a 1000 almost 3 times as much but Yet my pierce and critical is screwed when i fight her? Balance is the worst school to fight her in there and i have a rather strong balance. Critical gets through maybe 2 times out of 20 tries but yeah this is random I think not. And please if you ever get anything from her and go again your a target for sure. Balance and death no matter what gear I have on always does criticals that gets through and shadow might as well be a enhanced death. Yet a storm with less then half my critical always gets theirs through. Got to love that random stuff. The time it takes should not be another job [ep[;e want to chill out and relax as they play not stress out because of cheating bosses who seem attack your weakness even if you have it built fairly high.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
Lol I think the people posting messages here are the same ones who we're posting messages about the drop rate of Hades and whatnot. Anyway, I think the final battle isn't as hard as you think if you get a good team. I was fortunate enough to get a team of 4 and we defeat in 4 rounds. The first two players tank sad potent/normal feint each Morganthe. The third person elemental blades the fourth and the fourth blades, convert, aura and hit with Siren. Simple and easy.