Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
SamanthaWillowdrea... on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Kingsisle meant this to be spelled with a K. If you are the only one spelling it one way there is probably a reason.
I just wanted to point out that it's spelled wrong. Whether or not that was intentional is not my concern. I'm just worried about all the kids who will spell it wrong on their spelling tests, on their science worksheets, or even in spelling bees, just because they think the correct spelling is with a "k."

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
thepiratefan on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
I just wanted to point out that it's spelled wrong. Whether or not that was intentional is not my concern. I'm just worried about all the kids who will spell it wrong on their spelling tests, on their science worksheets, or even in spelling bees, just because they think the correct spelling is with a "k."
It's not spelled wrong, it's a name and a different word.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
lewski on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
It's not spelled wrong, it's a name and a different word.
Be that as it may, it will still confuse people, which it would not do if it were spelled with a "c." That's all I've been trying to say.

Administrator
thepiratefan on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
I have been noticing that everywhere in the game and in game-related sites (even in this forum) the word chrysalis is spelled with a "k." It is frankly getting annoying, and the fact that this misspelling causes me to have to think about the word before spelling it is getting too blatant to ignore. Could you please fix this massive error?

Thanks,
psythedude
The spelling of Khrysalis is an intentional stylistic choice and will not change.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 02, 2010
The Grimoire's Edge is spelled incorrectly as Grimiore's Edge- as Grimoire is an acceptable entry in Text Chat whereas Grimiore is not.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2010
This isn't a spelling mistake, necessarily. I noticed that people with text chat are able to say Grizzleheim and Dragonspire. Technically, those are wrong ways of saying those Worlds, the real ways would be Grizzlehiem and Dragonspyre. I was just wondering why we are able to say it.

Mark Shadowcloud
Reed Goldenblade
Dylan Darkheart

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
In the myth quest for the level 98 pet ("Hatching a Hero"), it says "blah blah blah... accustomed to land" without a period after it.

-Mason Dreamheart

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
The Darkmoor Fire hat from Malistaire is spelled "Shrowd of Malistaire's Ire" and I think it's supposed to be spelled "Shroud"

-Noah Fireblood

Survivor
Dec 15, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
This isn't a spelling mistake, necessarily. I noticed that people with text chat are able to say Grizzleheim and Dragonspire. Technically, those are wrong ways of saying those Worlds, the real ways would be Grizzlehiem and Dragonspyre. I was just wondering why we are able to say it.

Mark Shadowcloud
Reed Goldenblade
Dylan Darkheart
Grizzleheim is the correct spelling. Or, at least, it should be.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Mooshu - Tamauji - Ancient Burial Grounds

This boss dropped a pair of boots called Probelmatic Boots.

Unless these are special shoes for a proctologist I'm guessing they're misspelled - and should be Problematic Boots.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010
In the Grand Chasm Past dungeon, Vasek Ashweaver's dialogue bubble at the very end of the dungeon has a slight punctual error.

"Thank you! There's something strange about you... you're not from here are you. Please, take this Vault Key away from the city. I must stay to keep the army from the vaults!"

In the portion of "There's something strange about you... you're not from here are you." I believe that the period at the end should be a question mark. I could be wrong, though.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
In the Chamber of Fire in Krokotopia in the quest Fire Drill it says Marelybonians when it should be Marleybonians.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2013
Roanna Sorrowscale doesnt have a name in the chat option (where it says click x to talk) she the recipe vendor in dragonspyre academy.

-Madison Darkflower lvl 53 death (catch me in the spiral)

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
MythWizardForeves on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Hades and Zeus gear says Hades' and Zeus' rather than Hades's and Zeus's. It is grammatically incorrect. Even though the names end in s, they are still singular and thus need apostrophe s added to the end rather than just an s.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth
It SHOULD be Hades' and Zeus' because it wouldn't make sense for it to say it with two s's. It should be one s. if something ends in an s and it belongs to the noun. Like Cactus' possum. The apostrophe makes it the cactus' ownership. Why WOULD there be two s's. I don't think it needs the red mythical pen on it. You can look it up in whatever, Webster's something, I'm not SO sure where it says it. So you can get out a dictionary or something and find it.

Jacob LotusCaller Level 100

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Jacob LotusCaller on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
It SHOULD be Hades' and Zeus' because it wouldn't make sense for it to say it with two s's. It should be one s. if something ends in an s and it belongs to the noun. Like Cactus' possum. The apostrophe makes it the cactus' ownership. Why WOULD there be two s's. I don't think it needs the red mythical pen on it. You can look it up in whatever, Webster's something, I'm not SO sure where it says it. So you can get out a dictionary or something and find it.

Jacob LotusCaller Level 100
You just responded to a 15-month-old post to which Professor Greyrose responded ... 15 months ago. You're also mistaken (per Professor Greyrose's response).

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
kamikazekitten on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Quest "An Honest Umbra?", in Zurellia's fifth dialogue box, I'm pretty sure that "discretely" should be "discreetly".
Hmmm... maybe an obscure math pun? If so, you can blame Dalia.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
In the quest "A Penny Saved" given by Prospector Zeke, the last dialogue box says...

"It rattles and shakes a little bit, and make a strange noise."

I believe it should be *makes. :3 Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
In a certain Mooshu quest given by Sanisai, Shai Fung says:

"Sanisai was smart to send you! I know how to cut supply lines, but I don't have the the military force to do so."

It should really be:

"Sanisai was smart to send you! I know how to cut supply lines, but I don't have the military force to do so."

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Bunferatu says "Blah ah ah ah!..." in game, yet the text says "Blah ah ah!"
On the third round, when Bunferatu cheat casts the OP Khruhlu, he says "Death swallow you!" instead of "Death swallows you!"
Malistaire the Undying (Shadow) on the first round says "I cannot be stopped" instead of "I cannot be stopped!"

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
In the White Knights quest in Caer Lyon, given by Miriel Rivers, the Logres Knights say

"We yield. The Flour is yours"

But there is no period at the end of that sentence.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2014
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
OK, I'm actually surprised that this has not been corrected yet. in the name selector option in the beginning of the game when you create a new wizard, if you are looking for a nice life name such as 'Liam Angleblossom' that would be impossible. for angel is actually spelt angle, like a 90 degree angle. now i don't think that a math term would be good in a wizards name or i could be wrong but angel is not even an option! i think you should either fix it or add a new name option for angel.

Liam deathshield

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
In the quest dialogue for "The Legendary History" in Sardonyx, Zed says "Torrek Wiltedbloom," when the rest of the quest refers to this enemy as "Torzek Wiltedbloom."

Survivor
Mar 08, 2012
I saw someone wearing boots named Dragons Talkers? I know stalker is a filtered out word, but Dragon Stalkers sounds much more reasonable and correct for a pair of boots. Is this a typo, or am i just being paranoid. Also, Typo is a filtered out word as well for some strange reason...

Survivor
May 05, 2009
Not sure if this has already been said, but for the first few quests in Savarstaad Pass, the Shieldbreaker guy says "his" even for female characters. I think the chat box is correct, but the speech isn't.

Defender
May 02, 2010
The Fortune Teller's Peerless Eye is misspelled as "Peerles" eye.