Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagents where to find them

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 26, 2010
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

well i know i am kinda late posting this but once you get the quest for west counterweight look all around the first room and then leave and go back in and repeat. it taks about 20 minutes to get it all but it is worth it.

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
DorcasAurelia wrote:
pamela011166 wrote:
Does anyone know where to find glass vials? I have looked in the bazaar for days, and have gotten 8! :( And I spend most of my time lately in the bazaar just looking for the stuff.
Thanks for the help! :-)

Have you tried the reagent vendors? You have to be at least to Marleybone, but they sell them for 125 gold each.

doesnt that dude in krok behind wul yaham that looks like a desert golem sell them? i think i needed them for some quest and i bought them from him. or was it the simple vial? im not sure.

Heather Wildflame lvl 17 pyro
cleaning up colussus and almost done with the piramid of the sun

Defender
Oct 05, 2010
Dramuregirl wrote:
I find that Ore is VERY easy to find in Dragonspyre. But what about non-members? Where are they supposed to find reagents? I think that Unicorn Way is the best place to find Mistwood. The Haunted Cave is a good place for Ore. But you can always go to the Bazaar and buy the reagents you need! Thats what I do sometimes

if ur a non- member then you cant get past the WC crafting rank unless u have crowns which means u dont need that many reagents.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
Anybody know where to get glass vials other than in celestia

Justin Redblood lvl.41 Ice
working on the cruicble

Hero
May 27, 2009
I believe you can buy glass vials from the Reagent Vendors starting with Marleybone -- Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre and Celestia.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Since Scrap Iron is a rare regeant, Springs are...?
(This comes from an Adept Crafter- so far I only have 2-3 Springs! And none are bought.)

Ok, for you have trouble fing Scrap Iron/Springs, I like to go to Chelsea Court and at where to can go forward or to the right I go to the right, sometimes there will be Scrap Iron and ocassionally Wooden or Silver Chests at the bottom corners.
There's another place (Hyde Park, Chelsea Court, I forget, but maybe near Nimah the Wicked?) and next to the door I guess sometimes there will be Scrap Iron.
And another good place to look is near a "house". There's usually these 2 big iron thingies to the side, and i've found Scrap Iron (and Wooden Chests!) behind them. Also, if there are no iron things, then I just look around for Scrap Iron hidden by blueish-whiteish light.
(And i'm only mentioning Silver/Wooden Chests for people who want to buy the regeant at Bazzar.)

Happy Regeant Hunting!

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
The mb crafting quest isnt the biggest problem. When you get to cl and are past the last crafting quest, Grand artisan, you can make some cl gear thats in my opinion better then the other stuff. (Im storm) the quest is bad. For me, i need over 300 normal pearls to get about 27 golden pearls and i need 18 or so stormzilla cards. (The treasure needed is the last spell on the list that the teacher shows for your school i think) To make this card i need 122 or so scrap iron! ( >.< ) i have given up on the crafting quest for now. I got all of the pearls, 10 days, 1 dungeon, almost constant going in and out. The bazaar doesnt work because so many people need the iron and i dont like sitting in one spot. Anyway unrelated, i found a sorta good route for black lotus/pearls for the cl people. Its in the floating land or something and its everywhere. The dungeon for the pearls is the Protico, or i think its the entrance to the temple, the Lunarium. <-- all same place.

Good luck finding reagents! ^^, :-D

If you want perscice numbers the gear is the surging spirit (armor/hat-helm/boots-striders) vendors are in the grotto (research center, first place you go when you start cl) in the science center and i dont remember the other (i think in stormrevin, the robe vendor)

(cl=celestia, the newst world)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Hey guys I have a situation that needs some handling I'm trying to do the MB crafting mission and I'm stuck on the scrap iron it seems i can BARELY find any! the only ones i saw was in Big Ben and my plant I was only able to craft one! also my subscription (bad Idea to use subscription in this occasion) is running out and even uncooler news I'm lvl 53 and I haven't finished it yet *it just makes me so furious!* if anybody has at least one idea where you can find more plz share it. Thnx for reading this.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2010
pablohosehead wrote:
While we're at it, anyone figure out where to find scrap iron yet?

You can find scrap iron in Marley, but not much. it is on the roof tops.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
sucker200469 wrote:
I Really like the new additions just not the crafting part. The crafting is spending too much money to get something very small and worthless. The treasure card shop was great. I really want it back. The crafting of the cards is so expensive and time consuming when you need TC fast. It would be cool if the crafing of TC where like rare ones or ones that you could not buy before, or even new cards. Otherwise i wont really want to be making TC anymore. I am still saving for my house. lol

yea its fun and all but for all the supplies you need i would rather not do it cause it costs so much!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
where in the world can i find simple vial i have tried the bazaar and found it but didnt have ebgough gold then i returned and it was gone! seriously can anybody help + i can only go to kroc and wizard city at the moment :?

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
In Dragonsryre you sometimes will get lucky in finding ore and they will add Diamonds once in a while.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008
Flopinator wrote:
I post this 1 day into this expansion, but im seeing its hard to find many reagents. Im on the kroc part of the reagent quests and can't find any scrolls, i found a few stone blocks, but it takes forever.

If anyone knows of good places for different reagents please post them here.

Mist wood - I went to mooshu, keep in mind they are still hard to find. It just seems like to many people are in Wizard City to find any reagents at all.

Stone Block - Kroc in the middle of hallways, not on the sides

Ore - Kroc again. Seems like the best spots are at the end of hallways where an instance/dungeon would be.

Deep mushroom - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

Catails - Mooshu. Near water

Black lotus - Mooshu. on the sides of roads

i only did this for about 2 hours but i can tell its going to take a LONG time to get thru all of the reagent badges. any help here would be great.

Thanks for the locations, but can you be just a little more specific? thx :-)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
scrap iron is near impossible to find :-( you now where the ironworks cat is they could totally add like 5 scraps there!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Best place I've found for frost flower is the Nidavellir in Grizzleheim. Walk in and go up to the blue circles in front of the dungeons, the flowers are usually sitting on those! or right off to the side. They are also located down the ramps to both sides, usually spawning on top the moon symbols in front of the doors. This is also a great place to get stone blocks! BTW best way to do this is to keep switching realms. And since everyone KNOWS to go to perfect realms to farm for reagents, i go to the crowded and normal worlds and i got 75 frost flowers in an hour!

If you need Ore, go to the Dragonspyre academy. I circle the whole academy except for the area right behind the Ambrose statue (the place where the death tree is) there's no reagents up there. You can get ore, stone blocks, and a lava lily from Ashley the fire tree. Just remember, collect and switch realms, this makes farming much much faster.

Hope that helped. BTW i also got five grendelweed from those 75 frost flowers. Not a lot but hey i started out with none, happy crafting!!!

Morgan Willowhaven Master Necromancer

Survivor
Mar 08, 2010
The best place for scrap iron is in Kensington station. This is a difficult side quest, but the room with the final boss has from 4 to 12 pieces of scrap iron at a time. There will be 4 piles, with from 1 to 3 pieces of scrap iron in each pile. Does anyone know an easy way to get diamonds?

Survivor
Jan 04, 2010
sockgzin001 wrote:
ok SERIOUSLY i can't buy any scrap iron because when i try it says "transaction was unsuccesful please try again" and i don't know were to find it

you can find it in chelse court by the dog idk his name but it should be there if it aint then switch realms to try and find it :? :? :?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
ok, so I was looking for stone blocks in a 'normal' realm and so I went to the Bazaar and they only had 8. then I my friend calls me and wants to meat in another realm so I switch realms, but I'm still in the Bazaar so I double check and theres, like, 50 stone blocks! cool huh?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Survivor
Nov 22, 2010
Scrap Iron seems to be a timezone thing. I'm online at times few others are so I found loads of the stuff scattered all around the streets and even on the rooftops.

I have finished Mooshu and, sadly, still need Black Lotus. Is it just me or is this stuff scarce as hens' teeth? I've run the sim searching for the stuff (it's usually, as mentioned before, behind wagons or by rocks in the dead end sections). Also, why on earth do I need it in Dragonspyre?

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
Spiritshadow wrote:
The mb crafting quest isnt the biggest problem. When you get to cl and are past the last crafting quest, Grand artisan, you can make some cl gear thats in my opinion better then the other stuff. (Im storm) the quest is bad. For me, i need over 300 normal pearls to get about 27 golden pearls and i need 18 or so stormzilla cards. (The treasure needed is the last spell on the list that the teacher shows for your school i think) To make this card i need 122 or so scrap iron! ( >.< ) i have given up on the crafting quest for now. I got all of the pearls, 10 days, 1 dungeon, almost constant going in and out. The bazaar doesnt work because so many people need the iron and i dont like sitting in one spot. Anyway unrelated, i found a sorta good route for black lotus/pearls for the cl people. Its in the floating land or something and its everywhere. The dungeon for the pearls is the Protico, or i think its the entrance to the temple, the Lunarium. <-- all same place.

Good luck finding reagents! ^^, :D

If you want perscice numbers the gear is the surging spirit (armor/hat-helm/boots-striders) vendors are in the grotto (research center, first place you go
when you start cl) in the science center and i dont remember the other (i think in stormrevin, the robe vendor)

If you're ever looking for the scrap iron, go to Marleybone and look for royal museum and to east counterweight. Go in and there might be scrap iron/ mist wood on the right side. If not, go out then in and there should be. Repeat until u have enough.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
vaneairdbe wrote:
Spiritshadow wrote:

Good luck finding reagents! ^^, :D

If you want perscice numbers the gear is the surging spirit (armor/hat-helm/boots-striders) vendors are in the grotto (research center, first place you go
when you start cl) in the science center and i dont remember the other (i think in stormrevin, the robe vendor)

If you're ever looking for the scrap iron, go to Marleybone and look for royal museum and to east counterweight. Go in and there might be scrap iron/ mist wood on the right side. If not, go out then in and there should be. Repeat until u have enough.

Actually if you go to MB then go to the roof tops on Chealsea Court then go to the teleports you can find scrap iron all day long by switching realms and then going to all three area's. Also look around at the main teleport area there are some to be found there on occasion. I have managed to do this and get over a hundred in one day only spending an average of four to six hours in all, Good Luck

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
If you dont know, you can find frost flowers in the lake in Mirklom Keep if you can use it use the red teleport and you should see some frost flowers and some cat tails! Hope this worked. P.S. If you keep changing realms you can get like 20 in 10 minutes. Hope this helped 8)

Delver
Sep 26, 2009

Actually if you go to MB then go to the roof tops on Chealsea Court then go to the teleports you can find scrap iron all day long by switching realms and then going to all three area's. Also look around at the main teleport area there are some to be found there on occasion. I have managed to do this and get over a hundred in one day only spending an average of four to six hours in all, Good Luck

Thanks for the ideas, the counterweights dont seem to work very well for me :? Anyway i get what i need one way or another. It seems if you dont get the quest you seem to find way more scrap iron My life, could have the quest but she doesnt because i dont want her to get it. I am saving scrap iron for her on my other wizards too. Thanks again for the ideas, ill have to try the clock tower again :D :D :D

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me where i could find Grendleweed because it sparsely appears in the bazar merchant.
Thanks-Angel :D