Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Misuse of the Hall Monitor Privelige

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I am trying not to lose my temper here, ok Kingsisle? I just recently got muted by a Hall Monitor named Aedan ShadowFlame. After he lied to me and my friends saying he wasnt one, he eventually admitted it and said this to me: "I am a hall monitor :)". And this: "Your muted for a day get over it".
And this which really ticked me off, "Shut op! I will make it forever if you want!"

I want this Hall Monitor muted and the privelige taken away. This is harassment. I did take pictures. Thank you for your time.

Administrator
I'm sorry you're upset, but please let me refer you to the update notes about Hall Monitors:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#hm

"This group of players will operate anonymously and anyone claiming to be a Hall Monitor is certainly not one at all. "

The person you encountered is NOT a Hall Monitor, and they will be sanctioned for saying that they are.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Apparently common sense flies out the window when wizards sign on to Wizards101.

Just so everyone knows - people who say they work for KI, say they are a family member of someone who works for KI and now say that they are a Hall Monitor - it's a very good chance that what they really are are lairs.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
brwac wrote:
Apparently common sense flies out the window when wizards sign on to Wizards101.

Just so everyone knows - people who say they work for KI, say they are a family member of someone who works for KI and now say that they are a Hall Monitor - it's a very good chance that what they really are are lairs.

Well Said Brwac!!!

If you don't curse or break the rules, you will not get muted. Also, if you are muted, don't assume you know who the hall monitor is. If someone claims at any time to be a hall monitor, report them.

It's not rocket science people, it's common sense!

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
brwac wrote:

Well said.

Not to mention SENIOR WIZARDS review each report made by a HM. The Senior Wizards then determine if more sanctions are needed.

HMs may mute a player for 24 hours I believe and warn players. 24 hours is hardly excessive and a warning is just that a warning.

I would gladly endure an accidental mute if it meant actual offenders are caught too. I want a clean Spiral.

The HM I have seen do an excellent job. I have no doubt KI was very careful and deliberate in their choices for HMs.

Thanks again KI for this wonderful new addition.
Megan

Survivor
Jul 29, 2011
I totally agree with you! I was muted because my friend had some names and stuff turned off and I got in trouble for saying "My name is Jenna" when thats my character name. I feel bad for you. I hope you problem gets fixed.

Administrator
catjen on Oct 28, 2012 wrote:
I totally agree with you! I was muted because my friend had some names and stuff turned off and I got in trouble for saying "My name is Jenna" when thats my character name. I feel bad for you. I hope you problem gets fixed.
"My name is Jenna" is not why you were muted.

You know why you were muted and if you continue to use that kind of language in our game you will be expelled from Ravenwood School of Magical Arts permanently.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 07, 2011
I have seen a hall monitor before and i have seen a hacker or lier before. A HM will have where the badge name things are under your name it says ki support. thier names are usualy a different colour to ours.

I know it cant be stopped that much but hackers can also hack into wiz and mute players, i was muted by a hacker who kept on coming to my house when i kept sending away ( there was no one else in there bar me), because i kept doing it i got muted for an hour.

there are also liars in the game to people who say they are and it turns out they aren't.

if you hear anyone say they are a hall monitor just ignore them, if you think its a hacker go to a different realm.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
strongblood15 on Oct 30, 2012 wrote:
I have seen a hall monitor before and i have seen a hacker or lier before. A HM will have where the badge name things are under your name it says ki support. thier names are usualy a different colour to ours.

I know it cant be stopped that much but hackers can also hack into wiz and mute players, i was muted by a hacker who kept on coming to my house when i kept sending away ( there was no one else in there bar me), because i kept doing it i got muted for an hour.

there are also liars in the game to people who say they are and it turns out they aren't.

if you hear anyone say they are a hall monitor just ignore them, if you think its a hacker go to a different realm.
I hate to disappoint you, but a HM will not have any kind of badge that identifies them. I have seen KI support in the game in the past, but, I have also been in the Commons and Dye shop in Wu realm when a HM was warning and muting players. I can guarantee you that the HM will not have any kind of Badge that will say who or what they are. If anything, they will appear as any other player with whatever badge they have earned during the course of the game and choose to display. ONLY KI staff will know who they are.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Sep 12, 2012 wrote:
I'm sorry you're upset, but please let me refer you to the update notes about Hall Monitors:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes#hm

"This group of players will operate anonymously and anyone claiming to be a Hall Monitor is certainly not one at all. "

The person you encountered is NOT a Hall Monitor, and they will be sanctioned for saying that they are.

But Lydia, he did mute me, so, he was one.

Administrator
A Balanced Life on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
But Lydia, he did mute me, so, he was one.
There's more than one way to have your chat privileges revoked, young Wizard.

community@wizard101.com