This update includes addition of PvP Daily Rewards, a new PvP turn-based tournament mode, a new PvP age, PvP rank boosting changes, new chat channels, chat emojis, chat tabs, Tutorial Tip Log, Avalon Fishing, New Monstrology Extraction Spells, Main Quest indication in your quest log, and much more!
PvP Daily Rewards
There is a new Daily PvP Tournament kiosk in the PvP staging area where you can check on your Daily Award status. While most days will give you bonus tickets and gold, Days 5, 10 and 15 all have awesome surprises in store. Best of luck at finding both new items and old favorites (like Loremaster spells).
Other PvP Changes
To help stop the practice of boosting rank in PvP, players are no longer allowed to play against the same players they’ve been matched with for a period of time.
In PvP only, we have implemented a Dispel Shield functionality to reduce the ability to spam Dispels. When a Dispel is cast upon a player, they will also receive a Dispel Shield, which can only be broken by a second Dispel.
- NOTE: If you use a spell that leaves multiple Dispels on a player (like Elemental Diffuse), only one Dispel Shield will be applied.
- NOTE: There is a known issue with casting Cloaked Dispels. These will not cause Dispel Shields to be used. It is a bug we would like to fix, but it will require more intense code changes for a future update to Wizard101.
With these recent changes, we’re also adding a new age of PvP: Welcome to Age 4, which includes new badges for your Wizard to obtain.
We’ve implemented a new turn-based Tournament Mode. In this mode, each side of the dueling circle will take turns choosing their cards instead of both sides choosing at the same time. We’re excited to hear your feedback on this new mode of combat.
- NOTE: Turn-Based Tournaments have 15 minute rounds.
- NOTE: Going second gives you an additional pip in Turn-based PvP.
This update features a ton of new chat changes. First, we’ve updated and revamped our Menu Chat so that it contains a lot more strategy and other fun phrases.
Menu chat also now features a “Favorites” column at the top of your list. This section of Menu Chat contains up to 20 items. Right Click on a favorite phrase from Menu Chat and it will be locked in to this list. Right Click that locked item in your favorite, and it will be removed. This list also keeps a tally of your recently used menu chat phrases.
- When a player types a phrase in filtered chat that also exists in menu chat, the chat message is sent to menu chat, so your menu chat friends can see the message as well.
- All Menu Chat items are now available both in and out of combat.
- Each wizard on your account will have his/her own list of favorite phrases you can use every time you log in.
Also available to all players are new emojis! Click the round face icon on the right hand side of your chat window, and this opens up a menu of emojis you can add to your conversation. Click on the emoji you want to use and you’ll notice that this adds a keyword shortcut to the chat window (For example, the fire school emoji is “:fire”. When you press enter the keyword shortcut becomes an emoji in chat. (NOTE: We’ve started with a very basic set of emojis for now—the same ones that can be found on our official message boards—and have plans to add more in the future!)
If you’d rather not see emojis, there is a toggle now to turn these on and off from your options menu.
To really kick up your conversations, we’ve also added a new “Friend” chat channel. Now each player has a friend chat channel and can invite friends to join it.
Your Friend Chat Channel can be public or private. Public means that anyone in chat can invite their friends to join. Private means that only you can invite your friends. You can switch your chat channel between public and private through the options menu, but the default setting is “Private.”
To invite friends to your chat channel, click on a friend’s name in your friend’s list, and then click the invite to friend chat button (this is located next to your friend’s portrait in your friends list). Once you do this, your friend will then be asked if they would like to join your chat channel.
- For public chat channels, everyone in the chat channel can click on any friend’s name and invite them to your chat channel.
- You can ONLY be in one friend chat channel at a time, either your own or someone else’s.
- The owner of a friend chat channel can invite all of their online friends once every two hours.
- The owner can remove players from the chat channel by clicking on a player’s name and selecting the “remove from friend chat” button.
- Players can remove themselves from other player’s chat channels by clicking the “leave friend chat” button on the friend list’s friend chat channel page.
- Friend chat channels have a maximum of 150 players. Once a chat channel is full, new players can’t be added to it.
- As long as any player in a friend chat channel is online, all of the players in the chat channel will remain.
- As long as the chat channel stays active, you’ll be put in the friend chat channel you were in the last time you were online.
- Our apologies, but the nature of our weekly maintenance will most likely clear all your chat channels.
- If you leave your own chat channel, your friends will still remain in that chat channel you created; however, you won’t be included in that discussion.
- You can also view all the members in your chat channel through your friend’s list page.
And finally, this update also includes our new Chat tabs feature! When you join a group, visit a house, or join a friend chat channel, a new tab will appear along the top of your chat window. Click this tab and you’ll be chatting only to this chat channel.
- The tabs ONLY appear when you are in a group, at a house or have friends in the friend chat list. Once you add a new chat channel, the world chat tab will be named “Main.”
- Housing Chat has been improved! Whereas previously only the owner of a house could send messages to their guests in both the inside and outside of the house, now everyone inside or outside your house can chat through housing chat!
- Chat from the owner of a house will be colored cyan to distinguish them.
Tutorial Tip Log
We’ve added a new Tutorial Tip Log for keeping all those pesky tutorial tips contained in one icon and one location in your quest log. You access this feature in one of two ways: 1- You can click the Tutorial Tip Icon on the right hand of your screen (this fades away after one minute of appearing on screen) or 2- there is a button on the upper left of the Quest Log that will open your Tutorial Tips. This log displays all of the Tutorial Tips that you’ve ever received (with the most recent ones being displayed first). Changing computers or using the Test Realm also no longer causes a long list of tutorial tips to appear on your screen.
The Tutorial Tip Log has the following categories:
- Warning—Tips that warn the player about something. For example, low on mana, close to maximum inventory or out of treasure card space, etc.
- Quest—Tips that are related to quests. Like talk to Merle, etc.
- School—Tips that are related to spell or pet school quests.
- Tutorial—Tips that explain how something is used.
Attention avid fishers of the Spiral! All wizards who have finished the fishing quests in Dragonspyre (specifically the quest "Not If I Catch 'Em First!") and completed the world of Avalon (specifically the quest "A Great Storm Coming") will have a new quest from Lucky Hookline in Wizard City. Lucky will send you on a quest to visit Brooke Waterman, who has set up her tackle box in Avalon. Brooke’s quest will take you on a journey to all the newest fishing spots in Avalon, and she may even have a new fishing spell for you once you finished your quest!
Crown Shop Changes
- We added preview zones for several bundle houses that are now occasionally sold in the Crown Shop for Throwback Thursday sales.
- Henchmen can now be replaced and purchased the turn after they are defeated.
- Added level 110 and 120 versions of the Charmer’s Mystical Flute.
- Updated Wild Wing Gear from the Aztecan Builder’s Bundle to level 120.
- Fixed an issue where using a jewel vault could crash you out of the game.
- To help alleviate some crafting quest woes, we’ve added two Potent Trap Treasure Cards as a quest reward for completing the quest Broken Idols.
- The Quest Helper points to the correct location for Toshio during his crafting quests.
- Peat has been added as a craftable item and can be found in Grizzleheim.
- Added a new distinction in your quest log between Main and Side quests. Main quests will now sort to the front of your quest log!
- Fixed a bug that was allowing companion characters (like Zarozinia, Ozzy, Mellori, and Ivan) to follow players beyond the quest lines they were supposed to appear to be following the player.
- Avarik Savagecry now accompanies you correctly during the quest “Gall of a General.”
- Fixed a bug that was causing players to sometimes be pulled into combat early in Malistaire’s Sanctum and also removed multiple instances where players were forced into combat early in Dragonspyre, Celestia, Azteca, Polaris, and Mirage.
- Fixed several multi-player quests in Khrysalis where only one player would see the quest dialog.
- Fixed the multi-player issues with interacting with the Wooden Cage during the quest Strong Smooth Words in Azteca.
- Fixed a bug with discarding cards during the Advanced Combat Tutorial.
- Removed the orange box object in the Fantastic Voyage Gauntlet final boss room.
- Jock Coosto is now known as “Captain” Jock Coosto during the Fantastic Voyage Gauntlet.
- Slightly increased the chance for Grandfather Spider to drop jewels.
Treants, Pigs and Gobblers OH MY! New Monstrology spells can now be found in Grizzleheim, Colossus Boulevard, and Wysteria. Hunt down Monstrologist Burke in these new locations, and she’ll have these new extract spells to teach your wizard.
Other Monstrology changes are as follows:
- Monstrology housing guests are now sellable.
- When the double animus member benefit is active, players will be able to see text in their monster tome to indicate it’s active.
- Shadow-Web haunt and Shadow-Web Wraiths are no longer counted as undead for Monstrology.
- Removed several “non-repeatable” bosses and monsters from the Monstrology Tome, including the following:
- Death Incarnate
- Ghastly Spectre
- Osseus Nightreaver
- Eke Chuah
- Crypt Watchguard
- Wanadi Black Sky
- The Kaimanite Mummy now appears in the Dungeon Tab of your Monstrology book.
- A Monstrologist Burke icon has been added to maps where she is found.
- While boars can now be collected, their descriptions will come in a later update.
- Updated some Monstrology descriptions.
- “Mass Myth Trap” is now known as “Bewilder”
- Incindiate should now detonate DoT spells properly.
- Fixed the camera issues with Orthrus and Abominable Weaver spells when they are played on Widescreen Game Resolutions.
- The Rocketstove spell no longer says it’s adding -70% Storm Shields when it adds Myth and Death Shields.
- Adjusted the animation of Lord Humungofrog so it is less likely to block the view of enemies while they are stunned.
- The attack spells for each version of the Charmer’s Mystical Flute now match the school colors of the flute.
- Added new Ambient sounds to the Arcanum Crafting Area.
- Adjusted the sound levels of the Dueling Diego mini-game.
- Fixed a bug causing Control+V to not turn audio on/off during dialog.
- The Verboten Mimic now has voice over for its combat lines.
- Added other sound polish throughout the game.
- Added Quest Camera Effects to Khrysalis and Zafaria
- Continued polishing minor graphic and design details in Khrysalis.
- Fixed the dialog portraits of Ricky, Tiki and Taffy to more closely match their character looks.
- Bear Claw of Ice and Tricksy Dragon Charm have been added to Eitri’s list of possible loot.
- Pictures in frames should no longer be obscured when using the Castle Magic spell to grow or shrink them
- Fixed the spelling of Catapult in the Avalon Outlaw’s Refuge house.
- Polished a few areas in the Outlaw Refuge house where you could get stuck in walls.
- Fish in the Outlaw Refuge no longer swim up waterfalls
- Fixed areas in the outlaw’s refuge with invisible torches.
- The Ward Wrecker pet talent now considers any ward added to an enemy player as a target.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes it would appear that one of the players is left behind on multiplayer mounts.
- Fixed a bug that was making so sometimes you had to click a friend’s icon twice to open their portrait from the Friend’s List.
- The Myriarch Tabarzin of Rime now casts Ultra FrostBlight as advertised.
- Made several other minor bug fixes.
- Fixed a crash caused by the “Restore all” Castle Magic spell.
- The Jewel of Crit Block +3 has been renamed to Plain Blocking Opal +3.
- Shamrocks should appropriately light up when placed in houses.
- Adding Outlaw's Refuge to housing signs.
- You can now pick up rugs on dirt in the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon.
- Dusty red couch and dusty settee can now be placed in houses properly.
- Proper Penguin now swims in the water instead of over it.
- Made the Darkmoor paintings a bit easier to remove from castle walls.
- Players now stand when they use the beg emote.
The following updates were made:
- Fixed a bug where players would crash out of the game from the Pigsie spell
- Fixed a bug causing the Friends menu to expand when using housing teleporters and the Monstrodome.
- Fixed a bug causing the Angry Snow Pig spell to damage the person who cast it.
- The Forest Lord level 58 Pet Spell now has an accuracy of 90%
- The Wysteria Warrior Hat and Shoes now give two spell cards instead of one.
The following updates were made:
- Fixed a bug that was causing players sometimes to be unable to attack with single target spells or be forced to pass.
- Fixed a bug that was causing spell cards to sometimes appear stuck on the screen.
- Fixed a bug causing the Death school's health stealing abilities to not work correctly with Shadow Shrike.
- Corrected the spell card text for Ember Elf, Frost Elf and Tempest Elf.
- Fixed a bug causing Dispel Shields to occur in PvE.
- Fixed a bug causing the PvP Daily Rewards to advance too quickly through the calendar.
- Fixed a bug causing players to crash during PvP.
- Players will no longer have to have completed all of Avalon to take on the Avalon Fishing Quest.
- Fixed a bug where the Box Jellyfish could be placed into a regular-sized tank.
- Fixed a bug that caused fish to sometimes become stuck in the Outlaw's Refuge stream.
- Added Monstrology descriptions for Tree Roots.
- Sassafras Man is now collectible for Monstrology.
- Bleys FlameRender and Randolf SpellShine can now be collected for Monstrology.
- Feral Lavalings found in DragonSpyre can now be captured for Monstrology.
- Lost Celeste can no longer be collected for Monstrology as it is non-repeatable.
- Classified several Enemies as "Bosses" in the Monstrology Tome:
o Wizard City - Simon the Slayer
o Avalon - Lambent Fire
o Azteca - Anacaona Black Snake
o Azteca - Ezhua Bad Taste
o Azteca - Grinning Death Moon
o Azteca - Mozar Turtle Hunter
o Azteca - Uacalxochitl Blood Eye
o Azteca - Storm Caiman
o Polaris - Broken Land Guardian
o Polaris - Shattered Sky Guardian
o Polaris - Sundered Seam Guardian
o Mirage - Achey
o Mirage - Chilly
o Mirage - Cough
o Mirage - Shadowbones
o Mirage - Sneezy
- Classified several enemies as regular creatures instead of bosses in the Monstrology Tome:
o Dragonspyre - Burning Flamewing
o Azteca - Grim Calaca
o Khrysalis - Hebitoho Wyrmling (All Ranks)
- Moved the following enemies to the Dungeons tab of the Monstrology Tome:
o Wizard City - Dead Beets (All Tiers)
o Wizard City - Desparagus (All Tiers)
o Wizard City - Meanest Fly-Trap (All Tiers)
o Krokotopia - Condemned Soldier
o Krokotopia - Temple Guardian
o Krokotopia - Temple Phantom
o Grizzleheim - Eirikur Axebreaker (All Tiers)
- The number of players needed to auto-mute other players has been slightly increased to avoid inappropriate use of this feature.
- Fixed a bug causing an enemy's nameplate to not disappear after defeat in combat.
- Added some missing text from Barley's merchant shop window.
- Fixed a bug causing the "Sorry but I am waiting for someone" menu chat item to not work correctly.
- Fixed the spelling of the "Conical" Hats in the Starter Bundles.
- Fixed a bug causing the Poseidon's Engulfing Boots to show a white square.
- Fixed a bug where players were occasionally unable to target enemies.
- ZF will no longer trigger an emoji
- Non-friends can now be removed from friend chat channels
- Mass Myth Trap now has the correct icon
- Fixed a bug where players could not walk in parts of Pyramid of the Lost
- Velma is no longer accepting visitors and is not giving out Tricks. If you had a Trick, it should be removed from your spell list.
- If a player switches chat channels, the previous channel will now be notified that they left
- Now players are allowed more than one type of each Castle Magic Item Detector
- Improved game stability