Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50% Balance Shield needed!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Well, it has come to my attention, that some schools are just too powerful and that some schools just have too much resistance.

Everyone wants this game and PvP to be fair and Balanced.

So, since Balance gets a 50% shield for every school, and there is no school specific balance shield, I think one should be made and introduced.

It would of course, only be a 50% shield, since that is what they get to resist all other schools.

This shield would be perfect, not overpowered, not taken away by any random wand spell. It is the perfect balance shield for balance.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
So it wont be popped off by a life wand or anything like a Tower can, which is a Universal shield. Now we are treating balance more like an element if we add this shield. Hmm. This would also change how balance blades work too! If shields for balance are intoroduced as balance only, then the blades other wizards might depend on for a little extra boost become restricted to balance attacks only as well. Why is this in PvP though?

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
then I want + 15% on all balance spells :)

The singularity of ice is to be more resistant than anyone else: so they get weak hits (well, sort of.)

life counterpart is to be able to heal properly.

Balance counterpart is to be specifically unblockable.

So if you remove their individual advantage, there is no more reason to keep their spells weaker than those of a fire wizard.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Well, it has come to my attention, that some schools are just too powerful and that some schools just have too much resistance.

So, since Balance gets a 50% shield for every school, and there is no school specific balance shield, I think one should be made and introduced.

It would of course, only be a 50% shield, since that is what they get to resist all other schools.

This shield would be perfect, not overpowered, not taken away by any random wand spell. It is the perfect balance shield for balance.

Balance normally uses elemental and spiritual spells now. Resist is good and a bunch of people can already block balance's high rank spells. I'm not saying that this shouldn't go into the game, but it should be 1 training point at least just to be fair. Also, maybe just 30 or 35 percent? 50% is like Tower Shield

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Wow, really mature. What were you saying again about objectivity and personal feelings? Lol. Again, you're too much fun...

Do Balance wizards get a school specific blade that only works with Power Nova Ra Judge Sand then?

If not, you are merely introducing something into the game to deliberately handicap Balance wizards and giving them nothing in return.

And don't even start in with that's what happened in the Zafaria update to Storm being nerfed, as if hats that give 119% critical rating, robes that give (what is it again?) 61%? Critical rating and Sirens is nothing in return. Don't even pull that little charade on me. I'm not in the mood.

If you think that a new 50% Balance only shield and nothing in return is comparable to your perceived notions of Storm being "nerfed" I have no other recourse but to laugh at you.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
darthjt wrote:

Wow, really mature. What were you saying again about objectivity and personal feelings? Lol. Again, you're too much fun...

Do Balance wizards get a school specific blade that only works with Power Nova Ra Judge Sand then?

If not, you are merely introducing something into the game to deliberately handicap Balance wizards and giving them nothing in return.

And don't even start in with that's what happened in the Zafaria update to Storm being nerfed, as if hats that give 119% critical rating, robes that give (what is it again?) 61%? Critical rating and Sirens is nothing in return. Don't even pull that little charade on me. I'm not in the mood.

If you think that a new 50% Balance only shield and nothing in return is comparable to your perceived notions of Storm being "nerfed" I have no other recourse but to laugh at you.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
No. If balance had a sheild, then the game would be pretty messed up. Balance would lose every match in PvP and players would use it in PvE causing balance creatures to be no chalange at all and balance wizards to be far under powered in PvP. We are going to have to stick with tower sheild at the moment. To wrap this post up, my vote is . Sorry.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt,

Wow, still going after JoJoWild's Balance I see..... lol.

I agree, let give them a 50 Balance shield, but in return lets give Balance a real spell to use. Right now all of Balances good attacks can be blocked by (-70) Fire, Storm, Ice, Myth, Fire and Life shields. So lets give out a +50 Balance Shield, and then give Balance a decent 6 pip 600 Balance hit spell.
Judgement is too conditional, and is really hard to use any just any time.

So, I agree, the shield and the new spell are needed, thanks for the idea.

Joe.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I disagree, balance to me is the school having the most trouble in PvP and doing this would just nerf there abilities even more and besides tower shield can handle this.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
darthjt wrote:

I like this idea, but some balance would argue that since they now have a shield like that, then they would need converts....

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Delver
Oct 08, 2010
Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:

i am sorry but i doubt it will happen it is to much like tower shield.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Um... It's called tower shield if it can be taken off by any wand.

Actually a tower shield is an Ice School Universal shield, it is not by any means a Balance shield.

As for some of the other posts, I would not be opposed to balance getting a school only blade for this specific shield. I think that is an excellent idea. Balance to get a blade that only works for balance attacks and a shield that only works against balance attacks.

This sounds like balance to me! :)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Let's outline the balances that this change would add: It would now be easier to shield balance damage which is already significantly confined in terms of lower base damage, lower boost spells, and lower volume of boost options vs. every other school. The net result is that a balance wizard would have to carry a balance wand to wand off this shield.

Let's outline the imbalances that this change would add: There is no prism to an opposite school. There is no wand of an opposite school. There is no opposite school's prism from their damage to balance damage. There is no chance of using an "out of school" wand to remove this shield with the opposite school's prism. There is no way to prevent triggering one's balance blades using this fictional opposite school wand. There is no balance specific blade. There is no balance specific trap. The blades and traps that can boost balance damage are all triggered by "any random wand spell".

Yeah. Sorry. It doesn't really sound like a good idea. In fact, it doesn't even really seem remotely objective. You and I have had more than our share of disagreements, but what is going on with you lately? You seem to have hopped the fence and are suddenly appearing on the side you have been arguing against for as long as I can remember. As little as 2 or 3 months ago, you would have been all over the posterior of someone starting a thread like this...

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
Balance people could just carry a balance wand...
It's not like it makes any difference from a regular wand for them.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
So it wont be popped off by a life wand or anything like a Tower can, which is a Universal shield. Now we are treating balance more like an element if we add this shield. Hmm. This would also change how balance blades work too! If shields for balance are intoroduced as balance only, then the blades other wizards might depend on for a little extra boost become restricted to balance attacks only as well. Why is this in PvP though?

Yes, it would change how balance blades work, or give balance another school only blade. Also, since Balance has Spiritual and Elemental spells that are Balance, I don't feel that balance should have a balance only boost. I think Balance boosts should be lowered, but be univeral. That or change Hydra, Spectral Blast, and Chimera to boost via Balance's boost.

Also, the Balance Elemental and Spiritual shields should be able to be trained for 1 pip. As well as the new Balance shield.

I have not posted this in the dorms, as this can be, or mainly is considered a PvP issue, since only PvP players have problems with Balances power.

However, if this gets enough responses, I might make it in the dorms for an actual in game change.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
jojowild23 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Don't take it so personal. I have stated in the posts above me what insentives are given, as well as this draw back. Balance needs to be Balanced.

You keep talking you want balance in the game and that you want to keep things fair, well, just because it is against your school now, don't take it personal, just keeping it real.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt,

I agree, let give them a 50 Balance shield, but in return lets give Balance a real spell to use. Right now all of Balances good attacks can be blocked by (-70) Fire, Storm, Ice, Myth, Fire and Life shields. So lets give out a +50 Balance Shield, and then give Balance a decent 6 pip 600 Balance hit spell.

Joe.

Yeah, and Spiritual Blast would be the next spell. I am serious though, the Boosts for Balance would have to change, it is not fair that Balance is the only school that has a spell that is not affected by their school boost.

This could make Balance far more interesting to play.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Eh, this wouldn't effect me TOO much because my Balance damage boost is already higher then almost all other Balance wizards I have seen. But, it would ruin how my spells go. I play elemental mostly, and I use Judgement so finish my enemy off when they have low health. If they were to cast this "Balance Shield", then Judgement would be kicked out of the decks of most Balance wizards and same as Ra, Sandstorm and some other spells. If this were to come into the game, then Balance would have too much trouble getting rid of Ice wizards.

They would use Glacial Shield then "Balance Shield". Bye bye to all Balance spells that the wizard has planned for.

I'm not saying this because I want my school to be the best, but I'm saying this because pvp is getting better and better. Now, I did lose my strategy ever since I got to level 70, but I'm regaining it slowly, but improving it.

A bunch of Balance wizards would complain (I for one would certainly), but it this were to REALLY come into the game, then here are about all the shields that can block balance spells:
Tower Shield
Weakness (This isn't really a shield but works like one)
Glacial Shield
Volcanic Shield
Dream Shield
Ether Shield
Spirit Shield (Absorbs count as shields)
Frost Armor
Ice Armor
Plague
Virulent Plague
Thermic Shield
Legion Shield
Cheat Shield (From some bosses)
Legend Shield
Resist (Works as built-in shield)

Do I really have to name every single shield in the game? Every single whole shield in wizard101 blocks balance spells and I find it certainly annoying. Balance has to face more shields then any other school in the game, and now you're re-stating this idea up.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:

You and I have had more than our share of disagreements, but what is going on with you lately? You seem to have hopped the fence and are suddenly appearing on the side you have been arguing against for as long as I can remember. As little as 2 or 3 months ago, you would have been all over the posterior of someone starting a thread like this...

Well, it has seemed, that no matter how many times I post, or facts I present, people post these crazy ideas and KI runs with them. So, I figure, if you can't beat them, join them.

Let's see just how crazy we can make this game. After all, it is all about balancing all the schools and not just our favorites.

The only thing that is lacking in this concept is a prism, which is why, I suggested a 50% shield only. Balance gets shields to all schools, unlike every other school out there, which only gets shields to 3 schools.

I have also upgraded Balances boost to being universal, rather than strictly Balance, since Hydra and Chimera are not boosted.

Since some people are so set against other schools having some balance, it is only right to balance their school too.

I have been a firm supporter of Balance in the past, but with how many complaints Balance has about being too powerful, there has to be some truth to it right? Otherwise, why all the complaints?

Any school can be attacked, said is overpowered, and said needs to be changed. If people can't handle someone asking for change in their school, they should not demand something of other schools.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt,

Joe.

Yeah, and Spiritual Blast would be the next spell. I am serious though, the Boosts for Balance would have to change, it is not fair that Balance is the only school that has a spell that is not affected by their school boost.

Darthjt,

Balance is hard enough to play as is, but it's the most interesting Wizard to play. If we did change balance, it would be then little more than a death wizard, imo. Plus, KI has not made a major wizard change in it's design in four years. This would destroy the whole idea of the Balance wizard, don't you think?

Joe.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
darthjt wrote:
CorbinW wrote:

Yes, it would change how balance blades work, or give balance another school only blade. Also, since Balance has Spiritual and Elemental spells that are Balance, I don't feel that balance should have a balance only boost. I think Balance boosts should be lowered, but be univeral. That or change Hydra, Spectral Blast, and Chimera to boost via Balance's boost.

I think you made this post under a mistaken idea of how Balance gear damage boost works. Balance gear damage boost does in fact work on Hydra Spectral Blast and Chimera. I just tested it on Lady Blackhope, and it works on the out-of-school damage spells. After that, your post stops making sense to me. First you say that Balance should not have its school-specific boost. Then you say...or it's a typo and you meant "[dont] think Balance boosts should [not] be lowered but be universal. No, universal is too much, then you could use your Balance gear damage boost toward any spell in the game and that's too much power for Balance wizards to deserve.

darthjt wrote:
Also, the Balance Elemental and Spiritual shields should be able to be trained for 1 training point. As well as the new Balance shield.

I just don't like this. Those shields are part of quest rewards, if I remember right. Besides which, for PvP, I don't really think, and especially with the Ice school and its popularity to be trained, wizards out there either need inferior versions of things they have already or in some cases could make consolidated deck space for such shields without messing up their setup.

darthjt wrote:

I have not posted this in the dorms, as this can be, or mainly is considered a PvP issue, since only PvP players have problems with Balances power.

However, if this gets enough responses, I might make it in the dorms for an actual in game change.

Cool. I was thinking of doing the same. MLHagen over on Wizard Central has a couple very interesting threads on the topic of Balance getting a shield (and everything that comes with it, lol).

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Darthjt,

Joe.

As I said, Balance gear damage boost already does work on our out-of-school damage spells. Lady Blackhope was just devoured whole by a Colossal'ed Myth head of a Chimera for 704 damage no crit and my gear school boost is 63%.

432x1.63=704

It already is far more interesting to play.