Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50% Balance Shield needed!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
jojowild23 wrote:
More fantasies from people who don't play Balance wizards in PvP:

75% damage boost? Double damage boosting pet!


Actually, a double damage boosting pet will give you 77% damage boost!

Bwahahaha!

Yeah, ok, double damage boosting would take away one of these three pet talents:

1. Balance-It/Sharp-shot (remember, Balance, in this new age of Wizard101, has the worst Accuracy in the game and other than the Icewind Shaman's Skaters has no way to boost it through gear [Zafaria gear is unwearable for Balance in the arena] like Storm Fire Myth and Ice are all given a luxury of accuracy to equip


Actually, there is the Sidhe staff, that gives 13% accuracy and 20% power pip chance. Sorry, but there are options. So, you can get well over 100% power pip chance, 97% accuracy, 77% damage boost with 38% global resistance, or 71% damage boost with 43% global resistance.

2. Spritely

3. Proof

4. Defy

All depending on the combination. My point is damage boosting is not even "optimal" for a Balance to use in the arena. Optimal configurations include Balance It/Sharp shot Sprite Proof and Defy. My Warlord doesn't even have Defy yet, yet has no damage boosting and has sat at 58-63% damage boosting for months.


Everything is optional, it just depends on what you want or dont want to give up!

75% damage boost also means a Balance has to take off Cosmic Kris/Stellar Signet to put on inferior Athame and Ring. So now you're way lower than the average Ice wizards healing boosts. Not good for AH. Not good at all. Personally, I get away with Lexicon Blade and Stellar Signet, at 58% damage boost.


Actually, the Olyphant's storied scimitar and Aureate band would give you good critical block and great healing with the WaterWorks gear. You could even change the robe to the crafted robe for more critical chance, but you would then sacrifice some of that power you say, Balance can't have!

Yeah, sure, LoL, I could give up two pet talents to get 70% damage boost. Which two?

Balance-It
MC Weakness (ok maybe weakness?)
Proof 10%
Spritely

It'd be nice if darthjt would make even a small effort to understand what he's talking about before he just makes claims, in the future...


I always have my facts straight when it comes to the options in this game. Read my posts clearly and completely, because I state can get up to. Everyone has options and has to decide what to give up and what not to give up. Do you play for critical? or do you play strategic?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
archmage987 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Now, while Balance is not storm, Balance can have up to 75% damage boost, even more if a pet gives double damage boost. That being said, that is quite the Damage boost and a Ra spell, enchanted with Colossal, is no small attack, especially not with blades of any type.


True, but a 75% percent applied to a storm spell is a much greater boost than 75% to a balance spell. Add to it that balance's blades are weaker, making two very different scale of things.


There is a counter to everything, for every weakness, there is a cleanse charm spell. 2 Blades, Balance blade and Bladestorm still give a 25% boost and a 20% boost.

Still, you are missing the point. Storm while there damage is more significant that Balance, Storm has multiple 70% storm shields, a school only 80% storm shield, treasure storm shields, tower shields, and even more possible shields to reduce that damage, where as, how many possible shields are there to reduce the damage of Ra?

darthjt wrote:

Now, in a 4v4 situation, where anyone but Balance goes first, or even a match with 2 balance wizards, 1 attack would remove those tower shields while the Balance's attack goes full force.

So can a pair of any other school use a similar tactic. Thank you for pointing this out, maybe now in multi-duels storm will no longer be picked on but the pair oh so innocent life mages over there. :-)


Yes, any and every team can use dual schools to help with the shield problem, but again, you are missing the point, Balance does not have to, because any school can take out the 1 possible shield to balance, the tower!

darthjt wrote:

Can an Ice attack remove all of storm's shields? or Life shields? no, I think not. In fact the only spell that does remove shields is earthquake, which is 6 pips, and not much damage unless you happen to be myth.

Nor can balance. Multi-shield removal is Myth. Anyone can train earthquake if they want. If Balance used say Hydra to clear the boards, to then follow up with Judgment. Well if it is from first position there really is no difference here to say casting imp to follow up with gnomes. A valid tactic that any school can use and is only deadly in the static turn order of any duel. A completely separate issue.


You missed the point, the point was not Balance clearing shields for other schools, the point was other schools clearing shields for Balance attacks. How can I make this any more simple and clear?

darthjt wrote:

However, with balance, you don't need a myth to wipe out shields, any school will do. So, asking for a 50% school specific shield, to handle these situations. People want fairness and balance within the game and PvP, but people seem to only see what they want to see.

Okay. Got it, but lets look at the other side of the coin as the expression goes.
Lets say KI does implement a balance shield.
KI isn't removing Tower Shield.
So now there are two 50% shields that pure balance spells must contend with. How is it fair to balance and even things out if we make it possible to cut balance spell damage output (which is near the bottom of the damage totem pole) by 75% (50% applied twice). When additionally the only spells that can possibly buff them are
Balance Blade 25% and effectively nullified by a weakness
Bladestorm cost balance 1 pip for a 20%. Very poor trade off in a 1vs1 match
Hex 30% and now balance's most solid innate option.
Dragon Blade which they will only have if they go spend real money to buy a card for a pet that gives one.
Feint nothing to say about this one, it is what it is.


As I said, with even weakness there is a counter of Cleanse Charm. Every school has to deal with Weakness in the arena. However, Balance only has to deal with tower shields, where all other schools have to deal with dual shields, school only shields, & tower shields.


Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
89


darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
More fantasies from people who don't play Balance wizards in PvP:

75% damage boost? Double damage boosting pet!


Actually, a double damage boosting pet will give you 77% damage boost!


Me? Specifically?

.58+.12=.70 Do you not know how to count?

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:


Bwahahaha!

Yeah, ok, double damage boosting would take away one of these three pet talents:

1. Balance-It/Sharp-shot (remember, Balance, in this new age of Wizard101, has the worst Accuracy in the game and other than the Icewind Shaman's Skaters has no way to boost it through gear [Zafaria gear is unwearable for Balance in the arena] like Storm Fire Myth and Ice are all given a luxury of accuracy to equip


Actually, there is the Sidhe staff, that gives 13% accuracy and 20% power pip chance. Sorry, but there are options. So, you can get well over 100% power pip chance, 97% accuracy, 77% damage boost with 38% global resistance, or 71% damage boost with 43% global resistance.


Sorry, but what you see as "options" I see as somebody who has no idea what he's talking about theorizing on options.

Nope, sorry, not optimal. No crit block. And that puts my crit rating well under average at 88. And Balance at least needs some critical for Availing Hands. Are you really short sighted enough to think somebody can make those numbers work?

Why would I unequip my level 70 wand I got from the Raven's Hoard packs (30 crit, 60 block) to put on an inferior level 65 wand (exposed critical and crit block)? Do you really believe it optimal to leave myself exposed to being slaughtered by having the most inferior critical block? For what? Pips and accuracy? Get real!

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

2. Spritely

3. Proof

4. Defy

All depending on the combination. My point is damage boosting is not even "optimal" for a Balance to use in the arena. Optimal configurations include Balance It/Sharp shot Sprite Proof and Defy. My Warlord doesn't even have Defy yet, yet has no damage boosting and has sat at 58-63% damage boosting for months.


Everything is optional, it just depends on what you want or dont want to give up!


You're talking about Options as if they are a luxury in the arena. I am talking about what's Optimal, and it's not exactly a luxury. Get with the program.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

75% damage boost also means a Balance has to take off Cosmic Kris/Stellar Signet to put on inferior Athame and Ring. So now you're way lower than the average Ice wizards healing boosts. Not good for AH. Not good at all. Personally, I get away with Lexicon Blade and Stellar Signet, at 58% damage boost.


Actually, the Olyphant's storied scimitar and Aureate band would give you good critical block and great healing with the WaterWorks gear. You could even change the robe to the crafted robe for more critical chance, but you would then sacrifice some of that power you say, Balance can't have!


What crafted robe? Zafaria robe? Nix 8% off my power pips. Celestian crafted robes? LoL. It'd really help matters if you could be specific and stop throwing around options like candy. The Zafaria gear (except for Ice+Balance combo boots) is unwearable for Balance in the arena. Period. Either you leave yourself exposed and not enough resist to Death Life Myth and Balance or you leave yourself exposed to Ice Storm Fire and Balance. Zafaria gear=Unwearable by Balance in arena. Period. I trust you won't find it convenient to revisit this in the future?

Actually, I've tried the Olyphant+Aureate Band in the arena before... sigh. The Lexicon Blade plus Stellar Signet is the more optimal configuration, and it leaves my boost 58%. What part of that can't you grasp? Mainly Olyphant+Aureate leaves you healing about a third as effectively as the average Ice wizard with their Cosmic Kris+Stellar Signet.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

Yeah, sure, LoL, I could give up two pet talents to get 70% damage boost. Which two?

Balance-It
MC Weakness (ok maybe weakness?)
Proof 10%
Spritely

It'd be nice if darthjt would make even a small effort to understand what he's talking about before he just makes claims, in the future...


I always have my facts straight when it comes to the options in this game. Read my posts clearly and completely, because I state can get up to. Everyone has options and has to decide what to give up and what not to give up. Do you play for critical? or do you play strategic?


These haven't been facts you present. Just extreme options to prove your points that aren't really optimal for Balance.

Seriously? Balance has the second lowest critical rating in the game.

However I play, in today's Legend./Transcended climate, I want to be able to block critical. I know that much.

Yeah, you state "can get up to" in order to go on Mass Supposition Safari with your inane theorizing.

I'm telling you the reality: 75% damage boosting is not an optimal configuration for Balance.

More and more this is looking like some petty vendetta you're going on because of how you feel about Ice and Storm and so forth.

Really, grow up.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1633
darthjt wrote:
archmage987 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Now, while Balance is not storm, Balance can have up to 75% damage boost, even more if a pet gives double damage boost. That being said, that is quite the Damage boost and a Ra spell, enchanted with Colossal, is no small attack, especially not with blades of any type.


True, but a 75% percent applied to a storm spell is a much greater boost than 75% to a balance spell. Add to it that balance's blades are weaker, making two very different scale of things.


There is a counter to everything, for every weakness, there is a cleanse charm spell. 2 Blades, Balance blade and Bladestorm still give a 25% boost and a 20% boost.

Still, you are missing the point. Storm while there damage is more significant that Balance, Storm has multiple 70% storm shields, a school only 80% storm shield, treasure storm shields, tower shields, and even more possible shields to reduce that damage, where as, how many possible shields are there to reduce the damage of Ra?

darthjt wrote:

Now, in a 4v4 situation, where anyone but Balance goes first, or even a match with 2 balance wizards, 1 attack would remove those tower shields while the Balance's attack goes full force.

So can a pair of any other school use a similar tactic. Thank you for pointing this out, maybe now in multi-duels storm will no longer be picked on but the pair oh so innocent life mages over there. :-)


Yes, any and every team can use dual schools to help with the shield problem, but again, you are missing the point, Balance does not have to, because any school can take out the 1 possible shield to balance, the tower!

darthjt wrote:

Can an Ice attack remove all of storm's shields? or Life shields? no, I think not. In fact the only spell that does remove shields is earthquake, which is 6 pips, and not much damage unless you happen to be myth.

Nor can balance. Multi-shield removal is Myth. Anyone can train earthquake if they want. If Balance used say Hydra to clear the boards, to then follow up with Judgment. Well if it is from first position there really is no difference here to say casting imp to follow up with gnomes. A valid tactic that any school can use and is only deadly in the static turn order of any duel. A completely separate issue.


You missed the point, the point was not Balance clearing shields for other schools, the point was other schools clearing shields for Balance attacks. How can I make this any more simple and clear?

darthjt wrote:

However, with balance, you don't need a myth to wipe out shields, any school will do. So, asking for a 50% school specific shield, to handle these situations. People want fairness and balance within the game and PvP, but people seem to only see what they want to see.

Okay. Got it, but lets look at the other side of the coin as the expression goes.
Lets say KI does implement a balance shield.
KI isn't removing Tower Shield.
So now there are two 50% shields that pure balance spells must contend with. How is it fair to balance and even things out if we make it possible to cut balance spell damage output (which is near the bottom of the damage totem pole) by 75% (50% applied twice). When additionally the only spells that can possibly buff them are
Balance Blade 25% and effectively nullified by a weakness
Bladestorm cost balance 1 pip for a 20%. Very poor trade off in a 1vs1 match
Hex 30% and now balance's most solid innate option.
Dragon Blade which they will only have if they go spend real money to buy a card for a pet that gives one.
Feint nothing to say about this one, it is what it is.


As I said, with even weakness there is a counter of Cleanse Charm. Every school has to deal with Weakness in the arena. However, Balance only has to deal with tower shields, where all other schools have to deal with dual shields, school only shields, & tower shields.



Again and again, your facts are wrong. Tower Shield isn't the only shield to block Balance, Legion Shield is there too you know.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
I have a great feeling you just want the shield because of judgement. Thats the only dangerous spell in 1v1 and thats only one spell, its not a good reason to get a shield just for your main purpose is to weaken judgement thats right one spell.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
jojowild23 wrote:


darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
More fantasies from people who don't play Balance wizards in PvP:

75% damage boost? Double damage boosting pet!


Actually, a double damage boosting pet will give you 77% damage boost!


Me? Specifically?

.58+.12=.70 Do you not know how to count?


Yes, actually I do, the question should be, is do you?

18% Boost from Hood of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Hat
21% Boost from Cape of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Robe
14% Boost from Boots of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Boots
7% Boost from Athame, either the Lexicon Blade, or Crafted Scimitar
5% Boost from Aureate Ring, or 7% from Golden Ring of Battle
12% Boost from Pet
77% Total Boost to 79% Total Boost

Now, you want to talk about healing. With the Aureate Ring you get 15% incoming heal, and the Olyphant's Storied Scimitar that gives 24% incoming heal. Now, no, that is not quite as much Healing as the stellar signet, which gives 20% outgoing and 21% incoming with 16% power pip chance, but it does give you an extra 5% damage boost, 15% more critical block. Since you say, you need critical Block.


darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:


Bwahahaha!

Yeah, ok, double damage boosting would take away one of these three pet talents:

1. Balance-It/Sharp-shot (remember, Balance, in this new age of Wizard101, has the worst Accuracy in the game and other than the Icewind Shaman's Skaters has no way to boost it through gear [Zafaria gear is unwearable for Balance in the arena] like Storm Fire Myth and Ice are all given a luxury of accuracy to equip


Actually, there is the Sidhe staff, that gives 13% accuracy and 20% power pip chance. Sorry, but there are options. So, you can get well over 100% power pip chance, 97% accuracy, 77% damage boost with 38% global resistance, or 71% damage boost with 43% global resistance.


Sorry, but what you see as "options" I see as somebody who has no idea what he's talking about theorizing on options.

Nope, sorry, not optimal. No crit block. And that puts my crit rating well under average at 88. And Balance at least needs some critical for Availing Hands. Are you really short sighted enough to think somebody can make those numbers work?


So, worried about Critical Block? Add 15% critical Block with the ring and then subtract 4% damage boost from boots, add in more accuracy for balance by getting the ice balance boots, which add another 72 critical block points. Also giving you quite a bit more health too! You can even change to the robe, giving you more accuracy and more critical with the same resistance, and if you are using the sidhe staff, you can afford the reduction of Power pip chance, since the staff gives 20%.

I don't know the options? Are you sure you do?

Why would I unequip my level 70 wand I got from the Raven's Hoard packs (30 crit, 60 block) to put on an inferior level 65 wand (exposed critical and crit block)? Do you really believe it optimal to leave myself exposed to being slaughtered by having the most inferior critical block? For what? Pips and accuracy? Get real!


As I said, there are many different options. It depends on each individuals strategies and what they want, do they rely on Criticals? Or do they rely on Accuracy and Strategy. Obviously, by your own statements, you rely on criticals.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

2. Spritely

3. Proof

4. Defy

All depending on the combination. My point is damage boosting is not even "optimal" for a Balance to use in the arena. Optimal configurations include Balance It/Sharp shot Sprite Proof and Defy. My Warlord doesn't even have Defy yet, yet has no damage boosting and has sat at 58-63% damage boosting for months.


Everything is optional, it just depends on what you want or dont want to give up!


You're talking about Options as if they are a luxury in the arena. I am talking about what's Optimal, and it's not exactly a luxury. Get with the program.


I am with the program, unfortunately, you are not. You have a set pattern and play the praying game. OH please Critical, please. Which to me, is quite humorous. However, some people actually do devise strategies and make our own luck, not pray and hope to get lucky!

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

75% damage boost also means a Balance has to take off Cosmic Kris/Stellar Signet to put on inferior Athame and Ring. So now you're way lower than the average Ice wizards healing boosts. Not good for AH. Not good at all. Personally, I get away with Lexicon Blade and Stellar Signet, at 58% damage boost.


Actually, the Olyphant's storied scimitar and Aureate band would give you good critical block and great healing with the WaterWorks gear. You could even change the robe to the crafted robe for more critical chance, but you would then sacrifice some of that power you say, Balance can't have!


What crafted robe? Zafaria robe? Nix 8% off my power pips. Celestian crafted robes? LoL. It'd really help matters if you could be specific and stop throwing around options like candy. The Zafaria gear (except for Ice+Balance combo boots) is unwearable for Balance in the arena. Period. Either you leave yourself exposed and not enough resist to Death Life Myth and Balance or you leave yourself exposed to Ice Storm Fire and Balance. Zafaria gear=Unwearable by Balance in arena. Period. I trust you won't find it convenient to revisit this in the future?


Again, the sidhe staff gives 20% power pip chance, or did you neglect to read that information. Therefore, you are Balancing out the losses and gains. Or did you forget how to do math?

Actually, I've tried the Olyphant+Aureate Band in the arena before... sigh. The Lexicon Blade plus Stellar Signet is the more optimal configuration, and it leaves my boost 58%. What part of that can't you grasp? Mainly Olyphant+Aureate leaves you healing about a third as effectively as the average Ice wizard with their Cosmic Kris+Stellar Signet.

Yes, Ice can still use the Cosmic Kris & Stellar Signet, however, this is less likely anymore with the new critical stats. Ice needs those Critical Blocks or they will lose all the resistance from their gear. You really need to think and weigh the options before you decide to comment.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

Yeah, sure, LoL, I could give up two pet talents to get 70% damage boost. Which two?

Balance-It
MC Weakness (ok maybe weakness?)
Proof 10%
Spritely

It'd be nice if darthjt would make even a small effort to understand what he's talking about before he just makes claims, in the future...


I always have my facts straight when it comes to the options in this game. Read my posts clearly and completely, because I state can get up to. Everyone has options and has to decide what to give up and what not to give up. Do you play for critical? or do you play strategic?


These haven't been facts you present. Just extreme options to prove your points that aren't really optimal for Balance.


Actually, I have given several options that are optimal for Balance, just not optimal for you I pray to hit critical option. Although, you only lose 30 or less critical points depending on the choices you make. and you more than make up the critical block and gain more health.

Seriously? Balance has the second lowest critical rating in the game.

Again, you are lacking in your facts. Ice is the lowest with Life as secondary at 120. Please, facts only!

However I play, in today's Legend./Transcended climate, I want to be able to block critical. I know that much.

Yeah, you state "can get up to" in order to go on Mass Supposition Safari with your inane theorizing.


Not inane, realistic and optimal for both offense and defense. Not that you are grasping that, obviously.

I'm telling you the reality: 75% damage boosting is not an optimal configuration for Balance.


It may not be optimal for you, but it is possible, which is the whole point... And not very hard to achieve.

More and more this is looking like some petty vendetta you're going on because of how you feel about Ice and Storm and so forth.

Really, grow up.


Last remark was really unnecessary, but alas, I do realize whom I am talking to, so I will let it slide. I am strictly trying to bring balance to the game, and in doing so, a balance shield must be added.

Just because you are biased with your Balance Wizard, don't blame me for stating the facts.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
archmage987 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Now, while Balance is not storm, Balance can have up to 75% damage boost, even more if a pet gives double damage boost. That being said, that is quite the Damage boost and a Ra spell, enchanted with Colossal, is no small attack, especially not with blades of any type.


True, but a 75% percent applied to a storm spell is a much greater boost than 75% to a balance spell. Add to it that balance's blades are weaker, making two very different scale of things.


There is a counter to everything, for every weakness, there is a cleanse charm spell. 2 Blades, Balance blade and Bladestorm still give a 25% boost and a 20% boost.

Still, you are missing the point. Storm while there damage is more significant that Balance, Storm has multiple 70% storm shields, a school only 80% storm shield, treasure storm shields, tower shields, and even more possible shields to reduce that damage, where as, how many possible shields are there to reduce the damage of Ra?

darthjt wrote:

Now, in a 4v4 situation, where anyone but Balance goes first, or even a match with 2 balance wizards, 1 attack would remove those tower shields while the Balance's attack goes full force.

So can a pair of any other school use a similar tactic. Thank you for pointing this out, maybe now in multi-duels storm will no longer be picked on but the pair oh so innocent life mages over there. :-)


Yes, any and every team can use dual schools to help with the shield problem, but again, you are missing the point, Balance does not have to, because any school can take out the 1 possible shield to balance, the tower!

darthjt wrote:

Can an Ice attack remove all of storm's shields? or Life shields? no, I think not. In fact the only spell that does remove shields is earthquake, which is 6 pips, and not much damage unless you happen to be myth.

Nor can balance. Multi-shield removal is Myth. Anyone can train earthquake if they want. If Balance used say Hydra to clear the boards, to then follow up with Judgment. Well if it is from first position there really is no difference here to say casting imp to follow up with gnomes. A valid tactic that any school can use and is only deadly in the static turn order of any duel. A completely separate issue.


You missed the point, the point was not Balance clearing shields for other schools, the point was other schools clearing shields for Balance attacks. How can I make this any more simple and clear?

darthjt wrote:

However, with balance, you don't need a myth to wipe out shields, any school will do. So, asking for a 50% school specific shield, to handle these situations. People want fairness and balance within the game and PvP, but people seem to only see what they want to see.

Okay. Got it, but lets look at the other side of the coin as the expression goes.
Lets say KI does implement a balance shield.
KI isn't removing Tower Shield.
So now there are two 50% shields that pure balance spells must contend with. How is it fair to balance and even things out if we make it possible to cut balance spell damage output (which is near the bottom of the damage totem pole) by 75% (50% applied twice). When additionally the only spells that can possibly buff them are
Balance Blade 25% and effectively nullified by a weakness
Bladestorm cost balance 1 pip for a 20%. Very poor trade off in a 1vs1 match
Hex 30% and now balance's most solid innate option.
Dragon Blade which they will only have if they go spend real money to buy a card for a pet that gives one.
Feint nothing to say about this one, it is what it is.


As I said, with even weakness there is a counter of Cleanse Charm. Every school has to deal with Weakness in the arena. However, Balance only has to deal with tower shields, where all other schools have to deal with dual shields, school only shields, & tower shields.



Again and again, your facts are wrong. Tower Shield isn't the only shield to block Balance, Legion Shield is there too you know.


Ah yes, the imminent Legion Shield. The team tower spell...

First of all, in 1v1, have you ever seen anyone cast legion? I thought not!
Secondly, in multiplayer, does this not go with my statement that any school attacking before balance will remove these shields and allow a Balance Spell to go Unhindered? (Is that too big a word for some of you?)

Every school has a school specific shield of 80%, even if half of that a 40% Balance shield was given, it would atleast be activated and used only against a balance spell.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
watsupdog111 wrote:
I have a great feeling you just want the shield because of judgement. Thats the only dangerous spell in 1v1 and thats only one spell, its not a good reason to get a shield just for your main purpose is to weaken judgement, thats right, one spell.


watsupdog111,

Your right, I think that's exactly what this whole thing is about, people getting Judged and not liking it.
I had a Judge spammer last night, who hit me over and over with max pip collosal - Judge trying to bring me down, yeah it does damage. I couldn't find towers fast enough, and it was a tough fight for 20-25 minutes or so.

But, here is the key, the real key to wether a Balance shield is needed or not...... Where is Balance on the order list in PVP and 1v1, that is the only question that needs to be answered.

Is it at the top (No), is it at the second position (No it is Not), is it in the third position (No it is Not), is it in the fourth...... same answer.

In PVP any list in the last two years, I have never ever seen Balance listed in the top three, and only sometimes in the Fourth position.
Now after the Zafaria release, I have seen it listed as far down 6th, just above Storm.

If Balance was in the Top spot, I could understand this posting, but not even in the top three, give me a break.

I have always rated the schools where Balance was fourth, but after Zafaria, it has dropped, and I really believe that.

Fire, awesome school.
Myth, extremely hard to beat even when I'm from first.
Ice, just painful to beat, the resist and Health are hard to work against.

Death or Life could fill this spot, Death with the new Doom and Gloom and Big hit monster, and Life with the new Level 68 spell and Life spam, they can both be a bear.

Balance use to be fourth, but with no after effect on Chimera and everyone knowing it's weakness, it can be beat without much of a problem.
Why anyone would need an extra shield to beat a Balance is beyond me.
Throw out a few -70 shilds, and you have shut down Hydra, Spectra Blast, and chimera. Oh boy, but Balance still have one good spell left in Balance, which leaves them pipless. Any good player is not going to go pipless and let the other know it can't even heal or attack, really. Unless you use the Feint strategy, and this can be stopped too, if the other wizard is prepared.

Storm, if this guy has a pet with life, Life amulet and extra resist, he is hard to beat. The only problem now, is the big hits can take them down fast. Storm always has been geared towards 3v3, 4v4, and really adds to the team.

Just my opinion.

Joe.


Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
29
darthjt wrote:

There is a counter to everything, for every weakness, there is a cleanse charm spell. 2 Blades, Balance blade and Bladestorm still give a 25% boost and a 20% boost.

Yeah, that is right 2. Are they on par with the other schools? Does not every other school gain from more than just 2 blades?
darthjt wrote:

Yes, any and every team can use dual schools to help with the shield problem, but again, you are missing the point, Balance does not have to, because any school can take out the 1 possible shield to balance, the tower!

Yes, every school combos well with balance, just like life just in a different way. Can you not see it was designed to?
darthjt wrote:

You missed the point, the point was not Balance clearing shields for other schools, the point was other schools clearing shields for Balance attacks. How can I make this any more simple and clear?

I missed nothing, just sounds like good team work to me. I am looking at damage output.
'Sides, aren't you normally arguing from the 1vs1 perspective? I say fool them if they didn't see the possibility right there in front of them at the start of the match and either take out the balance mage or his/her partner.
darthjt wrote:

As I said, with even weakness there is a counter of Cleanse Charm. Every school has to deal with Weakness in the arena. However, Balance only has to deal with tower shields, where all other schools have to deal with dual shields, school only shields, & tower shields.


No, it is you with the firm stance of "there is only one spell that blocks balance," that is not looking at the whole picture.

When it is all said and done it is damage dealt that wins a duel not # of spells.

Is not Balance right at the bottom of the ladder in damage output?
Does not balance have access the the fewest buffs of all school? (talking pure balance spells here since this proposed shield is to handle these.)
Are balance's blades (which another player can't accidentally set off) the weakest of all blades?
Does balance have a buffer bubble for further damage gain?
Does balance not have broader ranged, yes, but weaker shields than any other school? When another school casts a dual shield you only care about the one that blocks you, not the other one. Is not balance shields no better than a Tower Shield? So he fills his deck with Tower Shields and Glacial Shields. Can't do it any better than any other non ice school.

Does balance need its damage to win? Death can drain you under a Doom and Gloom and win slowly but surely. Life can drag a match out forever alternating between attack and heal to a win at a snails pace. All balance CAN do with SOME of its spells is be really difficult to block. Please lay out a winning stratagem for Balance that doesn't include Judgment?

Can not other schools easy wand off a weakness, or any other flavor there of, while balance's only recourse is a Cleans Charm tc? How many can he carry into a duel? Reshuffle will not bring a used tc back.
Name a buff(s) that ONLY balance can do that no other school can.
Then you have a case for things being unbalanced.

A well timed tower shield ruins a judgment attack. So when judgment seem immanent (and you can always tell when one is coming) you enter into a new "war" unique to balance. The shield war, and the loser of this war will probably also loose the match.

I do see is a general displeasure with Judgment, but I don't see you screaming about the damage output of a double Efreet combo, or worse yet a double Leviathan. You can't double fire two judgments of equal magnitude. Giving you plenty of time to recover before he can fire of another mega attack.

What I do see, is that since you lost the argument over judgment being too powerful (evidence in the fact that KI hasn't made any changes, nor mention of change coming), you are trying a different tact to weaken it.

What you don't see is that:
A) A general ward to a specific school to handle one spell also weakens all other spells. Since all other balance spells are much weaker than judgment then you will in effect make balance unplayable in the arena.
B) Judgment is SUPPOSED to be a pain to deal with. Do you not think KI didn't see the output potential of this spell from day one?

There have been no new blades or traps in balance that effect judgment (there has now been dark pact, but other than life and death not a really viable choice). Judgment is unchanged from its release. Yes, balance can now get higher innate damage boost. Now everyone can also get ice level general resistance on par with pre Celestia.

There ISN'T supposed to be an easy fix/counter to judgment. It is supposed to take a completely different set of tactics to deal with judgment. So again, go work on your anti judgment tactics.


Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
29
Hey darthjt everything else aside. I was going through some older posts and came across a thread about Judgment from a half year ago where you posted.

Jun/5/2011
10:04 am
Subject: Re:Judgement
darthjt
Legendary Wizard

Joined:
May/10/2010
09:24 am

Messages: 1601

Look, with tower shield, treasure tower shield, pet tower shields, and equipment tower shields, you mean to tell me, that you can't defend against it?

How many more ways would you like them to give you? Now you want a chance for them to die if they do use it? It attacks 1 person, not all, like tempest does...

Yes, I know, there are complaints about tempest too...

The problem I see here, and I mean no offense to anyone, but the problem is that people are too lazy to get what they need to properly defend themself...

If you can't defend yourself properly, don't cry about it and say that it needs to be changed, because things have been added to help you defend against it... YOU just choose not to use them, that is your own fault...

In closing, I would like to say, that the spells are fine, schools are fine and that if you lose in PvP, don't whine and complain, learn from it...


and also posted

Jun/6/2011
9:10 pm
Subject: Re:Judgement
darthjt
Legendary Wizard

Joined:
May/10/2010
09:24 am

Messages: 1601

thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Excuse me, maybe I am a little off here, but how can judgment kill someone right off the bat?

Judgment does 100 per pip, so if you start with 2 power pips, that is 400 add in a treasure gargantuan that is 650 add in balance damage bonus of 66%, more or less depending on gear and pet, just going off of mine...

That makes 1079, now, if you critical that, then you have 2158... Now, you also have your opponent who has universal resistance, so you have to subtract a % from that number... I am sorry, but, even storm has more health than that, so judgment can't kill anyone right off the bat...

Also, as I said, there are ways to critical block, the lifeforce blade, the ring and athame, the gear, I have seen over 110 critical block rating...

So, if you ask me, all it is, is a complaint... People dont want to shield, people want to blade up and attack, problem is, most wait too many turns, they blade and use an elemental blade or a spirit blade and before they have the 6 to 8 pips they need for a decent attack, balance, if goes unchecked, can kill a person... That is not at fault of a spell being overpowered, that is at fault of the player and their strategy...

There is only 2 spells that I know of that have a chance to kill right off the bat... 1 is insane bolt, it can easily kill the caster and maybe another storm (Maybe), and WildBolt with a gargantuan and critical at max...

That is it! Do the math, there is no other spells out there that can kill someone right off the bat....

Now, you say the game or schools or spells are unbalanced? Show me how they are unbalanced, besides stating, "I lose to that school, therefor they must be overpowered"

People complain when they lose, why, because people don't like to lose... People think they are so smart that there is no way, someone could beat them... I myself, am that conceded... However, I know a good strategy when I see one and even I have lost and learned a few things...

That is the key, not to complain when you lose, but to learn from you loss, to correct mistakes you made, to think of a better strategy when facing that scenario...

I still stand firm on my belief, that the game is as balanced as it can get, without all the schools being exactly the same... Try to mathmatically prove me wrong...


Nothing has changed with Balance school since then except for Chimera, and you can't be saying that either:
A) Chimera is unbalanced or
B) A balance shield will remedy a chimera spell

Please tell me this thread is more than
darthjt wrote:

I was actually a firm believer that Balance was fair, until people started to pick on storm a bit too much.


Else I am going to feel really silly to have spent anytime arguing a thread that is nothing more than your own personal vendetta over others upset with storm. A situation that has existed from day one in 2009 and Mooshu was the cap of the game.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
I have a great feeling you just want the shield because of judgement. Thats the only dangerous spell in 1v1 and thats only one spell, its not a good reason to get a shield just for your main purpose is to weaken judgement, thats right, one spell.


watsupdog111,

Your right, I think that's exactly what this whole thing is about, people getting Judged and not liking it.
I had a Judge spammer last night, who hit me over and over with max pip collosal - Judge trying to bring me down, yeah it does damage. I couldn't find towers fast enough, and it was a tough fight for 20-25 minutes or so.

But, here is the key, the real key to wether a Balance shield is needed or not...... Where is Balance on the order list in PVP and 1v1, that is the only question that needs to be answered.


According to whose list Joe? If you mean by tournament standards, is Central not handicapping Balance?

Secondly, in tournaments, you know which school you are going to be against and you can prepare for that school. While in real ranked play, you have to prepare for all schools and there are many Warlord Balance Wizards!

Is it at the top (No), is it at the second position (No it is Not), is it in the third position (No it is Not), is it in the fourth...... same answer.

In PVP any list in the last two years, I have never ever seen Balance listed in the top three, and only sometimes in the Fourth position.
Now after the Zafaria release, I have seen it listed as far down 6th, just above Storm.

If Balance was in the Top spot, I could understand this posting, but not even in the top three, give me a break.

I have always rated the schools where Balance was fourth, but after Zafaria, it has dropped, and I really believe that.


Again, by whose standards? Be specific Joe.

Fire, awesome school.
Myth, extremely hard to beat even when I'm from first.
Ice, just painful to beat, the resist and Health are hard to work against.

Death or Life could fill this spot, Death with the new Doom and Gloom and Big hit monster, and Life with the new Level 68 spell and Life spam, they can both be a bear.

Balance use to be fourth, but with no after effect on Chimera and everyone knowing it's weakness, it can be beat without much of a problem.
Why anyone would need an extra shield to beat a Balance is beyond me.
Throw out a few -70 shilds, and you have shut down Hydra, Spectra Blast, and chimera. Oh boy, but Balance still have one good spell left in Balance, which leaves them pipless. Any good player is not going to go pipless and let the other know it can't even heal or attack, really. Unless you use the Feint strategy, and this can be stopped too, if the other wizard is prepared.


Does Balance not have 100% power pip chance or close to it? So after Judgment, can a scorpion attack boosted with Colossal not do massive Damage? Can Balance not heal if wearing a Life Mastery Amulet? The pipless is not an excuse, it's a copout.

Storm, if this guy has a pet with life, Life amulet and extra resist, he is hard to beat. The only problem now, is the big hits can take them down fast. Storm always has been geared towards 3v3, 4v4, and really adds to the team.

Just my opinion.

Joe.



Balance is geared for both, Team play and 1v1, unlike storm. We all know the problems with storm. However those are beside the point. This is Balance's issue we are talking here, not storm's.

Balance has a lot of critical chance, lot's of health, lot's of resistance, and some very powerful spells if used correctly.

Take Death Bats treasure card for instance, with 1 Death Bats, you can remove 4 tower shields all for 1 pip.

Balance Blade, Treasure balance blade, bladestorm, & dark pact treasure card alone do well over 7500 damage with a 14 pip Judgment. Not even with a critical. This is pure Damage with a few, just a few of the possible blades, not enen counting the other blades or possible traps or aura spells that can be used to further enhance your attack.

Explorer
Mar 15, 2011
89
Sidhe Staff Sidhe Staff. You can say Sidhe Staff til your blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that this is an expensive crown item and drops from a place I've farmed 50-60 times, not receiving it. The economy in real life isn't exactly lucrative right now, if you haven't noticed.

Besides, I find the Raven's Claw of Unkindness better anyway.

And actually, since you got your 120 Life critical from the Waterworks gear, the Waterworks for Balance, using same exact corollary gear, gives Balance 118 critical, proving even more the point you know nothing about Balance. So thank you, you stand corrected.

I want to be as certain as I possible can of blocking critical. Do you not know how to read?

But hitting for critical? On Balance? Forget it. Once in a blue PvP moon. Maybe in Vengeance. But I can only afford one of those in my deck anyway, so get this (and please please quit stirring up the point when you're wrong) and get this good: I do not pray to use critical attack as part of strategy.

By the way, Sidhe staff and the Weight of the World Cloak combo would put Balance critical at 108, with 146 Fire Block 141 Ice Block and 161 Storm Block. Add 15 with Aureate Band but now healing is far less efficient than the average Ice Wizard who PvP with a crutch--er, I mean Life Mastery Amulet. How is this better than a staff that gives 30 critical and 60 critical block?

The only way to live through 1100 per turn Ice Angels is to maximize the efficiency of Availing Hands.

The only way to survive Orthrus is to maximize the efficiency of Availing Hands.


A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1633
darthjt wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
darthjt wrote:
archmage987 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Now, while Balance is not storm, Balance can have up to 75% damage boost, even more if a pet gives double damage boost. That being said, that is quite the Damage boost and a Ra spell, enchanted with Colossal, is no small attack, especially not with blades of any type.


True, but a 75% percent applied to a storm spell is a much greater boost than 75% to a balance spell. Add to it that balance's blades are weaker, making two very different scale of things.


There is a counter to everything, for every weakness, there is a cleanse charm spell. 2 Blades, Balance blade and Bladestorm still give a 25% boost and a 20% boost.

Still, you are missing the point. Storm while there damage is more significant that Balance, Storm has multiple 70% storm shields, a school only 80% storm shield, treasure storm shields, tower shields, and even more possible shields to reduce that damage, where as, how many possible shields are there to reduce the damage of Ra?

darthjt wrote:

Now, in a 4v4 situation, where anyone but Balance goes first, or even a match with 2 balance wizards, 1 attack would remove those tower shields while the Balance's attack goes full force.

So can a pair of any other school use a similar tactic. Thank you for pointing this out, maybe now in multi-duels storm will no longer be picked on but the pair oh so innocent life mages over there. :-)


Yes, any and every team can use dual schools to help with the shield problem, but again, you are missing the point, Balance does not have to, because any school can take out the 1 possible shield to balance, the tower!

darthjt wrote:

Can an Ice attack remove all of storm's shields? or Life shields? no, I think not. In fact the only spell that does remove shields is earthquake, which is 6 pips, and not much damage unless you happen to be myth.

Nor can balance. Multi-shield removal is Myth. Anyone can train earthquake if they want. If Balance used say Hydra to clear the boards, to then follow up with Judgment. Well if it is from first position there really is no difference here to say casting imp to follow up with gnomes. A valid tactic that any school can use and is only deadly in the static turn order of any duel. A completely separate issue.


You missed the point, the point was not Balance clearing shields for other schools, the point was other schools clearing shields for Balance attacks. How can I make this any more simple and clear?

darthjt wrote:

However, with balance, you don't need a myth to wipe out shields, any school will do. So, asking for a 50% school specific shield, to handle these situations. People want fairness and balance within the game and PvP, but people seem to only see what they want to see.

Okay. Got it, but lets look at the other side of the coin as the expression goes.
Lets say KI does implement a balance shield.
KI isn't removing Tower Shield.
So now there are two 50% shields that pure balance spells must contend with. How is it fair to balance and even things out if we make it possible to cut balance spell damage output (which is near the bottom of the damage totem pole) by 75% (50% applied twice). When additionally the only spells that can possibly buff them are
Balance Blade 25% and effectively nullified by a weakness
Bladestorm cost balance 1 pip for a 20%. Very poor trade off in a 1vs1 match
Hex 30% and now balance's most solid innate option.
Dragon Blade which they will only have if they go spend real money to buy a card for a pet that gives one.
Feint nothing to say about this one, it is what it is.


As I said, with even weakness there is a counter of Cleanse Charm. Every school has to deal with Weakness in the arena. However, Balance only has to deal with tower shields, where all other schools have to deal with dual shields, school only shields, & tower shields.



Again and again, your facts are wrong. Tower Shield isn't the only shield to block Balance, Legion Shield is there too you know.


Ah yes, the imminent Legion Shield. The team tower spell...

First of all, in 1v1, have you ever seen anyone cast legion? I thought not!
Secondly, in multiplayer, does this not go with my statement that any school attacking before balance will remove these shields and allow a Balance Spell to go Unhindered? (Is that too big a word for some of you?)

Every school has a school specific shield of 80%, even if half of that a 40% Balance shield was given, it would atleast be activated and used only against a balance spell.


Actually, I have seen many Ice wizards use Legion Shield in 1v1. Only the strategically defensive ones tend to use this spell, while the blade up and attack ones just use Tower Shields and Iceblades. Also, in 4v4, basically any shield will be broken eventually.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
archmage987 wrote:
Nothing has changed with Balance school since then except for Chimera, and you can't be saying that either:
A) Chimera is unbalanced or
B) A balance shield will remedy a chimera spell


Nothing has changed since then? Did we not just hit Transcended? Did we not just gain Colossal and Armor Piercing? Do you have any idea how these are going to be effecting PvP? We are just starting with Armor Piercing and it's relatively low stat nature. Just wait, the complaints will be pouring in.

Also, since that first post, better gear has been made available, allowing damage boosts to go up to 72% or more on a balance wizard.

I am still not saying Judgment is overpowered, but with the armor pierce ability, use of shatter, new critical rates, etc, it is becoming time for that balance shield to be implemented.

You of all people should realize, as the game progresses, things change and what was not overpowered at 1 time, can be and things do need to change to keep balance. As with Wild Bolt.

Please tell me this thread is more than
darthjt wrote:

I was actually a firm believer that Balance was fair, until people started to pick on storm a bit too much.


Else I am going to feel really silly to have spent anytime arguing a thread that is nothing more than your own personal vendetta over others upset with storm. A situation that has existed from day one in 2009 and Mooshu was the cap of the game.


Actually, this is what did fuel the fire, truth be told. After a few of the people here continued on and on about storm, I decided to take a closer look at their schools and show just how Unbalanced they can be too.

Now, to prove the point!

Take Leviathan, an 8 pip spell. Add all the possible blades and traps you want, including supercharge and supercharge treasure for a full 14 pips. You can even use feint, treasure feint, amulet feint, pet feint and any possible trap or blade you want to use.

Now, use every possible shield to defend against that, every possible storm shields, tower shield, elemental shield, etc, to block the damage of that spell.

Now, Take Ra! an 8 pip attack all spell. Add all the possible blades and traps you can think of. Then have your opponent put every possible shield it can think of to block the spell.

Tell me, which do you think will do more damage? Ra or Leviathan?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
jojowild23 wrote:
Sidhe Staff Sidhe Staff. You can say Sidhe Staff til your blue in the face, doesn't change the fact that this is an expensive crown item and drops from a place I've farmed 50-60 times, not receiving it. The economy in real life isn't exactly lucrative right now, if you haven't noticed.


Point being, people have said time and time again, that Balance can not get up to 72, 77, or even 79% damage boost. Yes, it is possible, depending on what you want to give up.

Just because you choose accuracy over damage, does not mean you can't have damage boost on your pet. There is an aura called infallible you know.

This spell is also more effective to you, seeing as it allows you to use a damage boost pet, giving you another 6% damage boost and also gives you 100% accuracy, with Armor Piercing. So, how am I off the mark?

Besides, I find the Raven's Claw of Unkindness better anyway.

And actually, since you got your 120 Life critical from the Waterworks gear, the Waterworks for Balance, using same exact corollary gear, gives Balance 118 critical, proving even more the point you know nothing about Balance. So thank you, you stand corrected.


Ok, I give you that, Balance does with waterworks gear have 118 critical, my mistake, I normally equip the wintertusk crafted hat. My bad.

I want to be as certain as I possible can of blocking critical. Do you not know how to read?


Everyone wants to block critical, if you want a fighting chance in PvP. That is my point, as you say, Ice continues to use the stellar signet and cosmic kris, Ice is giving up some of that critical block it might need. Not saying healing is not also important, but you are making the choice and deciding what to give up and what not to. There are other options to players and trust me, your setup maybe right for you and your style but it is not the best possible setup, as I have proven above.

But hitting for critical? On Balance? Forget it. Once in a blue PvP moon. Maybe in Vengeance. But I can only afford one of those in my deck anyway, so get this (and please please quit stirring up the point when you're wrong) and get this good: I do not pray to use critical attack as part of strategy.


Can't critical on Balance? Seriously? That's a good joke, thanks for the laugh.

By the way, Sidhe staff and the Weight of the World Cloak combo would put Balance critical at 108, with 146 Fire Block 141 Ice Block and 161 Storm Block. Add 15 with Aureate Band but now healing is far less efficient than the average Ice Wizard who PvP with a crutch--er, I mean Life Mastery Amulet. How is this better than a staff that gives 30 critical and 60 critical block?


Let's not compare schools and what they can and can't do. This is not about ice, this is about Balance. You just stated you worried about accuracy and had to have sharp shot or balance it, while I am giving options. The infallible is a viable option for maximum benefit. Allowing accuracy and Armor Piercing. I was not stating that the Sidhe Staff was definitely better, but I was giving possible alternatives to your choices.

The only way to live through 1100 per turn Ice Angels is to maximize the efficiency of Availing Hands.

The only way to survive Orthrus is to maximize the efficiency of Availing Hands.



Or to defeat your opponent before they get that many blades. Balance also has a good healing capability, as you have said so yourself. Which allows balance to not be required to use a Life Mastery Amulet, but can instead wear a Myth Mastery amulet and Quake all those shields and Blades.

How does any of this prove that a Balance shield is not needed? Where exactly is your rebuttal and proof?

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
darthjt@ We are talking about 1v1 pvp right? and no one uses legion shield in 1v1 in your mind right?, so if no one uses legion shield in pvp why would they use ra in pvp. Trust me with all those blades and traps put in there i think they would use judgement over ra. Not once i saw someone used ra or at least high rank pvp players use them.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
To quote a statement just now made to me by someone wiser...

"It is wise to know when to stop arguing.
Rather then to argue just for the sake of arguing."

Therefore, this will be my last posting on this subject....
-----------------------------------------

I think this rehash has hit a Lame-duck state, based on
the chameleon who has generated a reciprocal of his own
statements.
Thanks to Archmage987, the reposting of recent postings, has
allowed us to all refresh our memories. Posts, that clearly
counter what is being posted today.

As the Changeling always likes to state,
"Show me the Math" or "Do the Math"

Ok, lets do the Math.....

1400 Max pip hit of Judge.
Add a Gar if you want, +225.
Total 1425.
Typical gear Boost 1.5 times 1625 = 2437.
Add in a BB and we get 1.25 * 2437 = 3046.
Add in a second blade 1.2 * 3046 = 3656.

Now for anyone else, other than one that has absolutely
no idea how to defend themselves.

We add in a Weakness, just one non TC version for this example.
.75 * 3657 and we get 2742.

The Balance lays down a Feint, 1.7 * 2742 = 4661
We lay down a -50 Tower 4661/2 = 2330.
The Balance lays down a 2dn TC feint 1.75 * 4077
Our typical Gear defense .6 * 4077
2446 is our Total hit, in no way a one hit kill, and
an easy heal for someone with the Crafted rings.

This is totally ignoring the fact that the average player carries
compounding Weakness in the Sidedeck. Plus not to mention that
you can pick up a Trap Removal spell, and plenty are always in stock cheap.

I normally carry three to four of the trap removal cards in my side deck, whenever I go in to PVP now.

Ok, now what if the Balance fires off a horrible Scorpion,,,
160 + 225 = 385 (varies, so who knows what it will hit at).
Boost 1.5 * 385 = 577
Gear block 577 * .6 = 346, oh guess what, we lived, unless we are Storm.
Any player would be stacking shields and have Satry well before the hit.

Now lets look at what Storm can do with Storm Elf and a good combo....
Ah, we don't want to do that case, the Balance wouldn't live.
Just do the math, with any solid double bladed combo,,,,and a follow up.
Not to mention if the Balance loses two blades when hit, or gets stunned.

Plus, let's stop doing the extremes in gear here, because then you are only including the top 1%, and if that's the case, the Tourneys at central mean everything.

So, what the issue, that's right, there is no issue. Lets stop wasting time and look at real issues.

Btw, Doom and Gloom is not 3 pips, it is 2 pips and at 65%, please get your facts straight before posting.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt@ We are talking about 1v1 pvp right? and no one uses legion shield in 1v1 in your mind right?, so if no one uses legion shield in pvp why would they use ra in pvp. Trust me with all those blades and traps put in there i think they would use judgement over ra. Not once i saw someone used ra or at least high rank pvp players use them.


No, we are not just talking 1v1 pvp.

Not many in 1v1 pvp would use Ra or Legion shield in 1v1.

However, if you take Ra, add in all possible boosts and traps and then take Leviathan, with all possible boosts and traps, then allow your opponent to use all possible shields to that school, you will clearly see, that Ra is a lot more powerful than Leviathan, a school that is supposed to be the most powerful school and even when allowed to use a supercharge and supercharge treasure card both with 14 pips. Now that is excessive additions in power. But Ra can out power this? Yes, in fact it can, when you look at the possible ways to defend against a school than it is to defend against Balance.

Hence, the whole Balance shield needed concept. Not to mention the fact that with the New Armor Piercing talent, this will greatly change the way this game is played.

Now, to comment on Joe.

You mention Gargantuan 225? There is a new spell called colossal, a 275 enchantment. Also, what balance has only a 50 damage boost at Transcended?

You also talk about weakness and remove wards, which there is also cleanse charm and more feints, there is even pierce and steal ward.

There is a counter to every spell and a shield to every school, oh wait, sorry, no balance school specific shield.

And at what point is everyone going to grasp that nobody is asking for an 80% balance shield as the rest of the schools have, since obviously the blades and traps are universal. We are simply talking a 40% to 50% shield that can not be removed by just any possible means.

I know all about the math Joe, I have done it. Class is now in session.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1633
darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:


darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:
More fantasies from people who don't play Balance wizards in PvP:

75% damage boost? Double damage boosting pet!


Actually, a double damage boosting pet will give you 77% damage boost!


Me? Specifically?

.58+.12=.70 Do you not know how to count?


Yes, actually I do, the question should be, is do you?

18% Boost from Hood of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Hat
21% Boost from Cape of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Robe
14% Boost from Boots of Judgment, Balance's WaterWorks Boots
7% Boost from Athame, either the Lexicon Blade, or Crafted Scimitar
5% Boost from Aureate Ring, or 7% from Golden Ring of Battle
12% Boost from Pet
77% Total Boost to 79% Total Boost

Now, you want to talk about healing. With the Aureate Ring you get 15% incoming heal, and the Olyphant's Storied Scimitar that gives 24% incoming heal. Now, no, that is not quite as much Healing as the stellar signet, which gives 20% outgoing and 21% incoming with 16% power pip chance, but it does give you an extra 5% damage boost, 15% more critical block. Since you say, you need critical Block.


darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:


Bwahahaha!

Yeah, ok, double damage boosting would take away one of these three pet talents:

1. Balance-It/Sharp-shot (remember, Balance, in this new age of Wizard101, has the worst Accuracy in the game and other than the Icewind Shaman's Skaters has no way to boost it through gear [Zafaria gear is unwearable for Balance in the arena] like Storm Fire Myth and Ice are all given a luxury of accuracy to equip


Actually, there is the Sidhe staff, that gives 13% accuracy and 20% power pip chance. Sorry, but there are options. So, you can get well over 100% power pip chance, 97% accuracy, 77% damage boost with 38% global resistance, or 71% damage boost with 43% global resistance.


Sorry, but what you see as "options" I see as somebody who has no idea what he's talking about theorizing on options.

Nope, sorry, not optimal. No crit block. And that puts my crit rating well under average at 88. And Balance at least needs some critical for Availing Hands. Are you really short sighted enough to think somebody can make those numbers work?


So, worried about Critical Block? Add 15% critical Block with the ring and then subtract 4% damage boost from boots, add in more accuracy for balance by getting the ice balance boots, which add another 72 critical block points. Also giving you quite a bit more health too! You can even change to the robe, giving you more accuracy and more critical with the same resistance, and if you are using the sidhe staff, you can afford the reduction of Power pip chance, since the staff gives 20%.

I don't know the options? Are you sure you do?

Why would I unequip my level 70 wand I got from the Raven's Hoard packs (30 crit, 60 block) to put on an inferior level 65 wand (exposed critical and crit block)? Do you really believe it optimal to leave myself exposed to being slaughtered by having the most inferior critical block? For what? Pips and accuracy? Get real!


As I said, there are many different options. It depends on each individuals strategies and what they want, do they rely on Criticals? Or do they rely on Accuracy and Strategy. Obviously, by your own statements, you rely on criticals.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

2. Spritely

3. Proof

4. Defy

All depending on the combination. My point is damage boosting is not even "optimal" for a Balance to use in the arena. Optimal configurations include Balance It/Sharp shot Sprite Proof and Defy. My Warlord doesn't even have Defy yet, yet has no damage boosting and has sat at 58-63% damage boosting for months.


Everything is optional, it just depends on what you want or dont want to give up!


You're talking about Options as if they are a luxury in the arena. I am talking about what's Optimal, and it's not exactly a luxury. Get with the program.


I am with the program, unfortunately, you are not. You have a set pattern and play the praying game. OH please Critical, please. Which to me, is quite humorous. However, some people actually do devise strategies and make our own luck, not pray and hope to get lucky!

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

75% damage boost also means a Balance has to take off Cosmic Kris/Stellar Signet to put on inferior Athame and Ring. So now you're way lower than the average Ice wizards healing boosts. Not good for AH. Not good at all. Personally, I get away with Lexicon Blade and Stellar Signet, at 58% damage boost.


Actually, the Olyphant's storied scimitar and Aureate band would give you good critical block and great healing with the WaterWorks gear. You could even change the robe to the crafted robe for more critical chance, but you would then sacrifice some of that power you say, Balance can't have!


What crafted robe? Zafaria robe? Nix 8% off my power pips. Celestian crafted robes? LoL. It'd really help matters if you could be specific and stop throwing around options like candy. The Zafaria gear (except for Ice+Balance combo boots) is unwearable for Balance in the arena. Period. Either you leave yourself exposed and not enough resist to Death Life Myth and Balance or you leave yourself exposed to Ice Storm Fire and Balance. Zafaria gear=Unwearable by Balance in arena. Period. I trust you won't find it convenient to revisit this in the future?


Again, the sidhe staff gives 20% power pip chance, or did you neglect to read that information. Therefore, you are Balancing out the losses and gains. Or did you forget how to do math?

Actually, I've tried the Olyphant+Aureate Band in the arena before... sigh. The Lexicon Blade plus Stellar Signet is the more optimal configuration, and it leaves my boost 58%. What part of that can't you grasp? Mainly Olyphant+Aureate leaves you healing about a third as effectively as the average Ice wizard with their Cosmic Kris+Stellar Signet.

Yes, Ice can still use the Cosmic Kris & Stellar Signet, however, this is less likely anymore with the new critical stats. Ice needs those Critical Blocks or they will lose all the resistance from their gear. You really need to think and weigh the options before you decide to comment.

darthjt wrote:
jojowild23 wrote:

Yeah, sure, LoL, I could give up two pet talents to get 70% damage boost. Which two?

Balance-It
MC Weakness (ok maybe weakness?)
Proof 10%
Spritely

It'd be nice if darthjt would make even a small effort to understand what he's talking about before he just makes claims, in the future...


I always have my facts straight when it comes to the options in this game. Read my posts clearly and completely, because I state can get up to. Everyone has options and has to decide what to give up and what not to give up. Do you play for critical? or do you play strategic?


These haven't been facts you present. Just extreme options to prove your points that aren't really optimal for Balance.


Actually, I have given several options that are optimal for Balance, just not optimal for you I pray to hit critical option. Although, you only lose 30 or less critical points depending on the choices you make. and you more than make up the critical block and gain more health.

Seriously? Balance has the second lowest critical rating in the game.

Again, you are lacking in your facts. Ice is the lowest with Life as secondary at 120. Please, facts only!

However I play, in today's Legend./Transcended climate, I want to be able to block critical. I know that much.

Yeah, you state "can get up to" in order to go on Mass Supposition Safari with your inane theorizing.


Not inane, realistic and optimal for both offense and defense. Not that you are grasping that, obviously.

I'm telling you the reality: 75% damage boosting is not an optimal configuration for Balance.


It may not be optimal for you, but it is possible, which is the whole point... And not very hard to achieve.

More and more this is looking like some petty vendetta you're going on because of how you feel about Ice and Storm and so forth.

Really, grow up.


Last remark was really unnecessary, but alas, I do realize whom I am talking to, so I will let it slide. I am strictly trying to bring balance to the game, and in doing so, a balance shield must be added.

Just because you are biased with your Balance Wizard, don't blame me for stating the facts.


I'll tell you my gear, just an example of what a Balance wizard aims for:
Hood of Judgement (18% DB)
Cape of Judgement (21%DB)
Boots of Judgement (14% DB)
Lexicon Blade (7% DB)
Golden Ring of Battle (7% DB)
Balance Giver (7% DB)
Pain Giver (7% DB)
Total of 81% DB.
Now, my other stats-
118 critical
I forget my block rating but I'm sure it's 85 or 82.
Resist-43% Universal
Power Pip chance 93%.
3793 health
430/490 mana I forget. I only get this high of stats with Judgement pet, planning to hatch with one of my Dragonblade pets. But other schools get more of these stats sometimes, even Death does, and they have Poison to take care of their shields. Balance doesn't have a DoT, but I really think that Life should get one.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
Darthjt, You realize if Ki takes the idea your putting yourself in drastic measures by the effect of it changing in pvp, but i doubt they take every idea someone posts but hey its possible.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
8
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Um... It's called tower shield if it can be taken off by any wand.
Actually it's not just balance it's any school that can take it off.
your's sincerely,
Nathaniel Lifefountain transcended sorcerer

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
mizm05 wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Um... It's called tower shield if it can be taken off by any wand.
Actually it's not just balance it's any school that can take it off.
your's sincerely,
Nathaniel Lifefountain transcended sorcerer
as david said ANY wand can take it off, as in a variety of schools.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
19
Leaving aside weakness and tower (& legion) shield (and absorbs for that matter), there already is a Balance shield, it's called Power Play.

Every other school gets an aura that costs 2-3 pips to cast that gives their attacks a permanent boost. Yes, the Life and Death ones are on unlearnable Giant/Brown Spider or Red Ghost cards, but the learned Life aura Santuary helps in healing, something that, while everyone may take advantage of with their learned Pixie, Life can REALLY take advantage of, and Death's Doom and Gloom advantage to the death school speaks for itself.

Contrast that to Balance's Power Play. Cost 4 pips to cast, and gives an advantage that EVERYONE can benefit from equally. The net additional permanent aura damage (healing in the case of Life, stunted healing in the case of Death if you want to discount their treasure auras) from the other classes gives rise to the arguement that it compensates for the lack of a true Balance shield. (At first I thought Power Play only affected my team, but when I learned otherwise I realized it is really only useful to remove another school's aura.)

The net result is other classes get to do more damage within their class attacks (or otherwise boost their class specialty) that Balance can't take much advantage of (though Balance can of Sanctuary more than any other class than Life). Sure we might get a little boost with a Hydra or Chimera, or get lucky with a Spectral Blast, but this is affect of this is negligible.

So I would make the arguement that a permanent 25-35% boost to your attacks more than compensates for a single use 50% Balance shield. And yes, Balance can cancel it with Power Play, but that will cost Balance 50-100% more pips than it cost other classes to cast their aura (each time they trade off auras!) and the resulting aura won't give Balance a net advantage over their opponent. And this assumes Balance would even waste a space in their deck to carry this, essentially, net-pip-loss purely defensive-counter-use-only spell.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
I don't think so, OP. As it stands right now, this game needs Balance shields like Ice wizards need more health.

We can't prism or use auras; there is no opposing school to convert to, and our blades can easily be countered by a Weakness trap (which anyone can use and the NPCs spam repeatedly). Plus, the Tower Shield blocks all schools 50%, including us, and all wizards can train it...

@ digemm- you make a very good point. Power Play is a waste of pips, and I keep only one copy in my deck (to counter enemy auras). Other notable pip-wasters are Donate Power and the future AOE heal that KI will probably give us when they increase the level cap again.

-

I'm guessing that the OP recently lost to a sorcerer in PvP and then cried "Judge Noob". Don't worry, we're used to it.

Laura Shadowsong
Transcended Sorceress

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
19
A bit to the side of the topic, but I wanted to comment...

vonawesome1 wrote:
Power Play is a waste of pips, and I keep only one copy in my deck (to counter enemy auras).


I pick up Clockwork Spiders in Bazaar whenever I can. Cost the same 4 pips to cast but you get a free attack with your aura chage :)

vonawesome1 wrote:
Other notable pip-wasters are ... the future AOE heal that KI will probably give us when they increase the level cap again.


Would this presumably be a Heall All Team Members spell? If so, WOOT - a way to bring back Mander from one shot kills right after you summon when you go second ;) - hopefully it's cheaper than Unicorn!

vonawesome1 wrote:
I'm guessing that the OP recently lost to a sorcerer in PvP and then cried "Judge Noob". Don't worry, we're used to it.

Laura Shadowsong
Transcended Sorceress


Dunno, but yeah, kinda smells that way.