Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2014
I think if you die, your pets could have half your stats (resist, health, Crit, ect) But it should be a lvl 25+ thing. And possibly a quest?

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
1.Tricks. All what your pet does right now is just stand beside you.
2.Summoning them as minions. At least maybe they can help a little bit more in battle.
3.Pet PvP. I have posted an article about this before, so if you'd like to know more, search " A Pet Only PvP Arena "
4.A chance that some pets can once become mounts. That's why I bought a dragon and now I just have it and it doesn't do anything.

Alexanfria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Add a spell or something else to make your pet turn into life size minion it is like a minion but you control it you get spells by training it and when you die you could use it to take your place

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
It will also be cool if you could ride it by doing something your choice

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
A pet vs pet arena like in pirate101,but in wizard101

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
That when your pet grows you can ride your pet as a mount

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
What about a pet trick that would give mana like a mana spell that would refill 10% of your mana if your in one of those long dungeons or you're too lazy to get it.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2015
my pet is a crit

maniac XD

Michael storm level 15

i want my pet to be a minion hew would save up pips to use its spell

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
Your Pet Could Be A Minion?

They Use The Spells They Have And May Casts

Health
Baby: 500
Teen: 750
Adult: 1,250
Ancient: 2,000
Epic: 3,000
Mega: 4,500
Ultra: 5,000

My Pets: Frankenbunny Blue Banshee, Blue Banshee :Baby
Fiendish Foo Dog : Ancient
Gargoyle : Epic

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
warlord000123 on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
would be great if you could actually choose your pets talent the whole train it till you get lucky thing really annoying :P I have been trying to get a pet with pain for 2 years now i: I've hatched over 30 times :[ please consider this idea I am sure that many other players would love this
My Gargoyle Has Pain-Giver

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
Nice question! I hadn't really thought about it before, but here are some ideas.

They could...
- follow you when you're on your mount.
- have a PVP arena.
- wear accessories/armor, perhaps? Which would sort of replace "gives Socket at Ancient" (for example), and, of course, would be dye-able.
- grow (in size) every time they age. (like, they'd be tiny when they're babies but slowly grow up as they get older )
- have more animations.

Anyway, that's all I could think of for now... Again, very interesting topic though!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
We Should be able to pick spells the pets do it would be so awesome!!!!
-Kyle Dark Forge l

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
how come I can not access my other pets I left in my castle

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
It would be cool if pets had their own clothing store

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Now that Polarius is right around the corner, and they will let you remove item cards from what appears in battle, I think they should do the same with pets. If my pet grants cards then I should like to remove them the same way as gear. Also, if this is allowed then why not allow all ten talents to open on a pet and you can only pick 3, 4, or 5 talents opened at a time... the others get disabled automatically.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
GreenEyedEnchantre... on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
Nice question! I hadn't really thought about it before, but here are some ideas.

They could...
- follow you when you're on your mount.
- have a PVP arena.
- wear accessories/armor, perhaps? Which would sort of replace "gives Socket at Ancient" (for example), and, of course, would be dye-able.
- grow (in size) every time they age. (like, they'd be tiny when they're babies but slowly grow up as they get older )
- have more animations.

Anyway, that's all I could think of for now... Again, very interesting topic though!
Some other ideas:
What if your pet could ride your mount?
And what if pets, like wizards do, had an animation for inactivity?
And if it got to a certain rank, it would act as a mount?

They also should have Astral and/ or Shadow themed pets.
And, of course, a veriety of cool animations.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
Pay like 100,000 crowns and pick the talents for it.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2015
It would be cool if you could "make your own pet." Like a crafting station, but for pets.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2015
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
That sounds awesome, but how will you ride the magician rat for example?

Explorer
Apr 06, 2013
There should be an option grow rare pets into mounts. That would be cool, and also i like naming my pets cute names. And dyeing them

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
ever since you added the new pet lvl I have had zero interest in lvling up pet for several reasons. 1. and biggest reason, is lvling it up doesn't unlock a new talent. I not gonna spend time lvling a pet another rank if it doesn't unlock a talent. 2. I don't see any jewels really worth the time it takes to lvl up to the new rank. I mean what point of lvling up to put a jewel with a talent the pet already has in pool? this is what I think, why not just add a new rank every 25th player lvl allowing another talent with the eventuality if the game lasts long enough of all 10 talents being unlocked.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
it would be cool if you could affix jewels that give a may cast fairy card that would be helpful for people with quad damage and resist because then there pet would be heaps better. XD

Survivor
Apr 12, 2015
astro1244 wrote:
I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
yes maybe they could help...

no offence but, I have a better idea!!!

might we only could do pets battle just like derby races.
Think about that,

firecat vs. piggle

rotten fodder pet vs. dead leprechaun pet!!!

might we add that to the game!!!
think if we could also add a grade to pet... EX : immortal : you could use them as mount!!! think about the black cat pet or the little treant pet becoming this 15400 crown costing treant mount. see how they can already work!!!
it would be strange for like, rotting fodder pets, so might only pets it would make sense may become mounts.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
a long time ago I got a unicorn and i would really enjoy it if when a fire cat,unicorn,a heck hound,a dragon (or eneything like that) that when it's an epic you can then ride it and keep it as a pet.

it's just a thought but i think it could work

Survivor
Mar 04, 2011
inky542 wrote:
That sounds awesome, but how will you ride the magician rat for example?
i don't think you would.i think you would only ride unicorns,heck hounds and any thing else like that