Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oni, Swords, and Instances: Oh my!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
As this was said in an ealier post, just keep trying. If you get it withing 5 tries, congrats. But if it takes more then 10 tries, keep trying. Everything goes at its own pace. I had to fight Oyotomi 20 times to finally get on my Balance the Life sword when on my Grandmaster Myth, I got Life Sword on first try. (I should be a moderator, not really)

Survivor
May 22, 2009
hey if i am death the best weapon drops are from what?Also, i keep fighting malistaire and it always gives me like a storm or myth robe. is it at random or glitch :(

Explorer
Jul 19, 2009
toontown05 wrote:
hey if i am death the best weapon drops are from what?Also, i keep fighting malistaire and it always gives me like a storm or myth robe. is it at random or glitch :(

You get every robe at random. So far I have every robe except the ice robe.
(Believe me, it took me a while to get all of them)

Paul legend Weaver Lv 50
Paul Storm wielder Lv 43 (and leveling up)
Flint Ice walker Lv 47
And soon to be a Fire guy...

Survivor
Aug 29, 2008
phathead1 wrote:
Swordroll wrote:
I heard that you get speical swords from Oni. Do you get a badge if you kill and Oni? Do you get a badge if you get a sword? Are all Oni in instances? Help!
um idk i want a sword i am level 40 and i still dont have one i vs the oni like tewnety times and i only got hydra like seven times but never a sword

Same here i have battled the Jade Oni at least fifth tea times and the best thing i have gotten is the hydra amulet and i only got that one time.

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
warlockwizardmage wrote:
is it true that jade oni drops a hydra amulet cause i have seen people withn the amulet
I actually bought the Hydra Amulet at the Bazaar. You can usually find one or two there without defeating the oni's-- but i do guess they do

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
i got a nice ice sword (wand) from the plauge oni i frogot the name but its a untradable sword and is lvl 40 wand

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hi, do you guys know if the war oni drops a sword.aAnd how many times did you have to defeat it to get get it.thanks!

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
i did it twice for his sword it's level 40+ and is good my uncle done jade oni allot on all 3 of his grands not once a sword but got jade oni pet once

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Swordroll wrote:
I heard that you get speical swords from Oni. Do you get a badge if you kill and Oni? Do you get a badge if you get a sword? Are all Oni in instances? Help!
I'm not sure but i have a question of my own to ask you. Who do you have to defeat to get out of Marleybone?
8)

Explorer
May 09, 2009
cindysboy wrote:

since i'm IN mooshu and defeted too of the onis ill get you guys on track the war oni is the first contained in crimson felids defet warlord kasumori and you see this oni apper plague oni this oni is found in a temple wasteing all of mooshus pure water. next is the death oni who possesd the tree of life and you must deafeat it.last the jade oni the final boss of ninja pigs summen it by lighting the oblisk (after you beat all four onis) note:the onis WILL drop sword wands BUT the jade oni dose NOT drop a jade oni pet you buy it with crowns in DS along with a cool pet called storm hound dont bealive meh? ask a buddy to take you to the DS zeke

hope this cleared things up :)

Isaac Nightgem magus ice wizard

acually, jade oni does drop a jade oni pet

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
warlockwizardmage wrote:
is it true that jade oni drops a hydra amulet cause i have seen people withn the amulet

u can also buy the amulet in the bazzar

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
can someone help me i dont know where the dragonspyre stone roses are. if you can help me that would be great just post it ok? thanks javascript:emoticon(':-)');

Survivor
Dec 17, 2009
fireraven1976 wrote:
My son beat Jade Oni three times and ended up with 2 swords. I have beaten Jade Oni a total of 39 times and still have not gotten the sword. It is extremely frustrating. :x
Ask him to give you his 2nd sword.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2010
cindysboy wrote:
the onis WILL drop sword wands BUT the jade oni dose NOT drop a jade oni pet you buy it with crowns in DS

Isaac Nightgem magus ice wizard

This just confuses people when you say something and you arent sure if its true. Im not trying to sound rude but i take it you havent gotten the jade oni pet from the jade oni, so you say you cant, but in fact you can get the jade oni pet from fighting the jade oni. I have personally got the jade oni pet from a drop from jade oni, so it is possible.

Blaine Dragonflame lvl 50 fire

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
ok to get more of a chance of getting rare stuff just press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT :D