Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oni, Swords, and Instances: Oh my!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
I heard that you get speical swords from Oni. Do you get a badge if you kill and Oni? Do you get a badge if you get a sword? Are all Oni in instances? Help!

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
All four Oni are in instances. When you defeat them all you get an Oni Slayer badge. They do drop special swords.

See these threads for more information.

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/3059.ftl#15449

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/15/2030.ftl#10993

Have a balanced day!

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Do you have to be a certain level to get a sword? Because i have defeated the Jade Oni twice and got no sword. I know the Jade Oni has a sword but i cant get it. Also nomater who i fight all i get is clothes rings and those blade thingies. I now people who have goten pets, staffs and swords but nomater what i cant get anything!!! Oh, and if you need my wizards name its Kyle Dragonstone. Please help me!! :-(

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
astro1244 wrote:
Do you have to be a certain level to get a sword? Because i have defeated the Jade Oni twice and got no sword. I know the Jade Oni has a sword but i cant get it. Also nomater who i fight all i get is clothes rings and those blade thingies. I now people who have goten pets, staffs and swords but nomater what i cant get anything!!! Oh, and if you need my wizards name its Kyle Dragonstone. Please help me!! :-(

Many of those people with the cool pets and staves got them from hours of farming a single monster. If you have never defeated the same boss more than once, it is not surprising that all you get are clothes, rings, and athames. I got lucky and got a sword from Jade Oni on the first try, but I've heard of people farming it for an entire day. You must be patient and persistent if you want the cool stuff.

You don’t have to be a particular level to get a sword. It’s just luck.

You do have to be a certain level to use a sword once you get one.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
So your saying i have to fight the JADE ONI almost all day to get the storm sword!!!!! The problem with that is not only do i need friens that will stick with me but i dont even have acsess the the JADE ONI i usualy just telepor to a friend!!!!!!!1111

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Swordroll wrote:
I heard that you get speical swords from Oni. Do you get a badge if you kill and Oni? Do you get a badge if you get a sword? Are all Oni in instances? Help!
um idk i want a sword i am level 40 and i still dont have one i vs the oni like tewnety times and i only got hydra like seven times but never a sword

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
is it true that jade oni drops a hydra amulet cause i have seen people withn the amulet

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
phathead1 wrote:
Swordroll wrote:
um idk i want a sword i am level 40 and i still dont have one i vs the oni like tewnety times and i only got hydra like seven times but never a sword

do you have to defeat a certian 1 of 3 onis to get a sword or a badge?

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
My son beat Jade Oni three times and ended up with 2 swords. I have beaten Jade Oni a total of 39 times and still have not gotten the sword. It is extremely frustrating. :x

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
swords are just random drops and some other bosses in mooshu, for the badge i think you just have to beat the jade oni cause i ported to a friend in the jade oni battle and got the oni slayer badge right after ( i also got the npc message about dragonspyre keys even though i wasnt close to the end of mooshu, but i didnt get to go to ds from it ) and yes there is a hydra item given from jade oni ( got it on first try lol ) best way to get the items is to farm the bosses ( i recomend jade cause you dont have to go through a instanced level to get to it )

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
warlockwizardmage wrote:
is it true that jade oni drops a hydra amulet cause i have seen people withn the amulet

Yes, Jade Oni hands out Jade Oni's Amulet of Duplicity that gives you Hydra. My sister got it on her third try, but as we have already figured out, not everyone gets as easily. I personally have never got it, but I've only battled Jade Oni twice.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
You know what i may quit this game it is so so ANNOYING. I want to fight jade oni with my friend the first try nothing. The second try my friend go the amulet. The third try nothing the fourth try my friend got the storm sword. This really bites. Although i kept my mind cleared of i will get it eventually. The thing is i fought him already like twin ty times before i fought him with this friend can someone of the staff tell me how the heck this is working out because it really is not fair even by luck this still should not be the case the chance of getting the stuff is like 4% this is not world of warcraft it should not be so hard.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2008
OK so here it goes I HAVE GREAT XP WHEN IT COMES TO JADE OK SO FIrst the top thing most people want from him is the sword and the AMULET OF DUPLICITY so i didnt have a sword and i am storm so i wanted his me and my friend he got it (he has only mooshu swords but i think he has 2) on first try so i was really Mad yes i was happy for him but mad that i didnt get it so then we farmed him for a week and i still didnt get it so i figured that i should go for some dragon spyre swords so i went after the shockblade of the hoarder i didnt get it but then i was doing it with my friend(a different one but the 1 that got the jade oni sword was fighting to) so after we didnt get it i told my friend about the jade oni sword and he told me that if my friend already had it then i cant get it when he is in the fight but that didnt change anything so weeks went by and i hadnt tried 2 get a sword but then this other friend told me that the oyotomi sword is easy to get so after 4 rounds i got it and then me and the friend that had the jade oni sword even though his lvl isnt high enough we fight jade and i get the amulet but that did open up the door for me to get lots of swords and i really like those especially since i have the hoarder sword now

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
anyboss that is located in a dungeon which you need to teleport in using the 4 or 5 teleporters aorund the door is going to be hard to get a good drop from. honestly the chance is low. Any item from the jade oni that has its name on it is rare and was lucky if you got it. i got death oni boots first try just doing it for the quest and got jado oni top for fire school though
and the jade oni's best drop are the sword, amulet, and pet pretty much. well goodluck and hope this helped.
P.S. i fougth the jad oni like 5 times in a row and only got a top i couldnt use rofl.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
warlockwizardmage wrote:

Yes, Jade Oni hands out Jade Oni's Amulet of Duplicity that gives you Hydra. My sister got it on her third try, but as we have already figured out, not everyone gets as easily. I personally have never got it, but I've only battled Jade Oni twice.

I can help you fight the Jade oni because i am trying to get the sword and pet
So meet me on Sunday August 23 at 5:00 ET realm:Greyrose at the jade palace near the spiral door :-D

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
keira frostweaver life wizard now lev47
I have battled jade oni more than seventy five times i think, the last time , four days ago, I did a solo and won. Not got anything special for thateffort either!No sword, no pet, got an item for another school again so i sold it, again.
The first time i fought, helping another, i got the life robe-which i still wear. Took another two weeks and i got the hydra necklace. Everything else has been sold as unusable to me.
I do have two swords, Life and Death from the wraiths in Sorrow and Burial Grounds. Life took me ,hmm maybe twenty five or so tries and death i did better, maybe 15 tries (death i always did solo)

Ever play lottery or other games of chance? try to win the millions? what are the odds? roll the die, what are the chances of getting same number each time? what the oni's or other bosses drop depends on the drop rate the game producers put in and the amount of different items to be won.So then we just 'spin the wheel or roll the die' to see what we can get! lol

Survivor
May 20, 2009

since i'm IN mooshu and defeted too of the onis ill get you guys on track the war oni is the first contained in crimson felids defet warlord kasumori and you see this oni apper plague oni this oni is found in a temple wasteing all of mooshus pure water. next is the death oni who possesd the tree of life and you must deafeat it.last the jade oni the final boss of ninja pigs summen it by lighting the oblisk (after you beat all four onis) note:the onis WILL drop sword wands BUT the jade oni dose NOT drop a jade oni pet you buy it with crowns in DS along with a cool pet called storm hound dont bealive meh? ask a buddy to take you to the DS zeke

hope this cleared things up :-)

Isaac Nightgem magus ice wizard

Survivor
May 17, 2009
astro1244 wrote:
So your saying i have to fight the JADE ONI almost all day to get the storm sword!!!!! The problem with that is not only do i need friens that will stick with me but i dont even have acsess the the JADE ONI i usualy just telepor to a friend!!!!!!!1111

Well I got the Storm Sword on my sixth try on the Jade Oni so you won't really have to fight him all day. If you need help with him I can help you. I am usually in the server Scarecrow hanging out in the Death School.
I usually on after Lunch time so.....

Alex Skullhunter Lvl 40 Necromancer ( Oni Slayer ) Pet: Flamezilla

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
Yesterday my brother got jade oni sword the very first time fighting him,
I did all the work but he is getting everything good lol.
me and my brother are going to farm there for a full day.
Maybe even for weeks, but it dont matter what level you are, as long as you live which it isnt that hard but as long as you live you have a chance of getting anything he drops. It is just luck.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
fireraven1976 wrote:
My son beat Jade Oni three times and ended up with 2 swords. I have beaten Jade Oni a total of 39 times and still have not gotten the sword. It is extremely frustrating. :x

Lol. I have gotten stuff easily on my first or second try.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
warlockwizardmage wrote:

i got the amulet the first time i beat the jade oni. but of course at that time i didnt even know what the jade oni was. yea, teleported to a friend. lol.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
tyty275 wrote:
OK so here it goes I HAVE GREAT XP WHEN IT COMES TO JADE OK SO FIrst the top thing most people want from him is the sword and the AMULET OF DUPLICITY so i didnt have a sword and i am storm so i wanted his me and my friend he got it (he has only mooshu swords but i think he has 2) on first try so i was really Mad yes i was happy for him but mad that i didnt get it so then we farmed him for a week and i still didnt get it so i figured that i should go for some dragon spyre swords so i went after the shockblade of the hoarder i didnt get it but then i was doing it with my friend(a different one but the 1 that got the jade oni sword was fighting to) so after we didnt get it i told my friend about the jade oni sword and he told me that if my friend already had it then i cant get it when he is in the fight but that didnt change anything so weeks went by and i hadnt tried 2 get a sword but then this other friend told me that the oyotomi sword is easy to get so after 4 rounds i got it and then me and the friend that had the jade oni sword even though his lvl isnt high enough we fight jade and i get the amulet but that did open up the door for me to get lots of swords and i really like those especially since i have the hoarder sword now

it is really frustrating but i get good xp and gold off of the times when i dont get the sword or amulet so thats fine with me.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
astro1244 wrote:
Do you have to be a certain level to get a sword? Because i have defeated the Jade Oni twice and got no sword. I know the Jade Oni has a sword but i cant get it. Also nomater who i fight all i get is clothes rings and those blade thingies. I now people who have goten pets, staffs and swords but nomater what i cant get anything!!! Oh, and if you need my wizards name its Kyle Dragonstone. Please help me!! :(

I have fought him over ten times and still no swords or pet...I think the droppings are based on chance and I don't think it's levels either because I am level 45. Good luck -Deirdre Wild in the game

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
I am trying to do beat the plague and need to activate the plagued oni. How do you do this? Please help!!