Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
I vote NO. If you have the key yes you can go into that world and help. But we see to many people but into fights and port and flee. I am guity of getting mad at these people and leaving them to fight on their own. These people are not on my friends list and never where. I Say ASK BEFORE YOU PORT TO ME. Or get deleted from my list and blocked.
Porting in a world you have the key for is something you earned. But then you get those who are porting because they feel they have the right to cause you aloud them to be your friend. Those are the ones I don't like porting to me. They then take traps with low level spells and then blame you if they die because you are suppose to heal them and fight the monsters.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
asutton75 wrote:
Personally I don't see a problem with it. It DOES get very annoying at times but I finish the battle and either change areas or switch realms. I play with allot of friends and family and I am not always on one of my Grand characters. If one of them should need help I just teleport to their location, help, then go back to what I was doing. I don't always like it when I'm joined by a lower level but they have paid for the game as much as I have and have every right to access any area they please.

That my friend is totally true we pay for this game too if we wanna level up faster because of pvp or whatever is the reason we have the right to and also i do the go to higher world with lower level cause i have 1 grand and it took me 2 years to get it and even as a grand as soon as i make it to captain in pvp i get people with commander gear so how am i supposed to get commander gear if i always get someone i have no chance against before i get to commander?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
yes they should be allowed to teleport and if you are in a battle that you dont want friends to teleport turn off teleport isnt that why we have it

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
I earned the right to port anywhere I want, so should everyone else. And yes, it makes me so mad when someone port then leaves me with a mess. So I don't add anyone on lower levels anymore. so my vote is no they shouldn't be able to port.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Yeah they should, because they do not get experience until they finish the world that they are on. All they get out of it is gold and stuff like that. So yeah of course it is okay. Isn't that why we make friends in the game, so that they can teleport to us and help us. So, to all of you who said no, think a little harder about the subject.

Thanks,
Seth Rainshade

Survivor
Aug 16, 2010
Personally i think that if you have a friend in any world and they are dying you should be able to port to them so you can help them out but you have to be lvl 25 at least to port to grizzlehiem and lvl 30 to port to mushu and 38 to port to ds

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
No, I do not think anyone should be allowed to gain access to areas they haven't earned. I have spent a lot of time working up all my characters in the game. I enjoy the storyline. And I enjoy earning the right for the door to the next world to open.

If you want to allow those of us who have Grandmasters to buy our second, third, and so on, characters, levels up, why not charge a fee for it with crowns? I personally would not use this, but if someone else is in a hurry to get their characters leveled, than spend the money.

Nothing I hate worse than a level 10 asking if I can take them to Malistaire. Nothing I hate worse than if someone in Marley, jumps into my battle at Malistaire. They don't have the knowledge of how to assist in a high level battle, usually and ruin the game.

My opinion.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
everyone should be able to access the worlds they don`t have the spiral key for. however if they changed how it is now we would not be able to help higher level friends and I quote (StevenSilverFlame lvl 43 ScotSpellGem lvl 50 and SusieGriffinHeart lvl 52.) so there for you shouldnt change it. I protest against locking the worlds. because I almost have dragonspyre unlocked so I want to do missions there so i can get ahead and finish it faster. tell me what you think

Survivor
May 16, 2009
No they should not. If they want to know what the world looks like, they should work harder in the storyline to complete the previous world. Think of it like school in real life - those in middle school sometimes want to know what college is like. does that mean they can 'jump ahead' and attend college classes? No.

Same thing here. It is one thing to port to a friend that wants your help. It's another to befriend someone higher just so you have a 'back door' to get to a world you are not ready for yet - just to level up quicker. It is unfair to those who play the game the way it was meant to and, in my eyes, a form of cheating.

Again, I say, if you want to go to a world you aren't ready for yet, concentrate on completing the world you are currently on so you can progress on to the next one in the storyline.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
I don't see whats the big deal against this any ways its not like we go into your area and walk into dungeon just keep this on your mind MAYBE just maybe they are there for a specific reason a friend might need help and if you havent noticed going through worlds and asking for help is a problem if you arent in a world that is very crowded all the time ( Wizard City, Krok ) and the quest when you have to fight mutiple things maybe you dont wanna fight 2 at a time maybe you want to get the quest done faster so you can save time and get it over with also some people have 2 accounts maybe they wanna farm in that area with 2 people ever think about that

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
i think every one should be able to go because its not realy fair to all others like it should level 10 and up. :) please.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

i think that if a high level character needs help on a quest, it would be great if lower levels could teleport there to help even if they havent gotten to the area yet.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
yes and no because i think a wizard should be a certain level to teleport to other friends. It sucks when a level 5 joins a match when im in dragonsyre fighting a buch of guys and he/she joins and brings more guys in the match. I would have to fight more guys and wounldnt have any help defeating them and it would waste a bunch of time

Explorer
Feb 21, 2009
There are both pros and cons to being able to port into future worlds.

Pros:
--The main thing that this would do is help out with the Gurtok Demon farming. It was a nightmare when I had to get mine. Level 1-10 players were constantly porting in to their friends, and most didn't have text chat (there was no way to tell them to leave). This is just about the only situation where I think that this should be implemented.
--Sometimes I'll have a friend port in without asking during an instance, eating up the last spot and not really doing much, being a lower level. Preventing sequence break ports would help here.
Cons:
--Most all of my wizards reach level 28 before Marleybone, and usually end up porting to friends to get in to get the quest done. Removing "sequence break" ports would force players to be a higher level (in some cases) when they receive their level 18, 28, and 38 spells.
--Sometimes I'll be on one of my lower leveled wizards, and a friend will ask me to come help them out or simply ask me to join them while they farm. I couldn't do this is we weren't allowed to port to un-explored worlds.

Personally, I think "sequence break" ports should still be allowed. I think what needs to happen is this. When a player wants to port to you, you are given the option of letting them port or not. I think this would help some.

$cot

Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I think they could but they would need have to have good enough healing spells to heal themselves so the higher levels dont have to sacrifice for the other lower levels and the higher level ends up dieing then the lower levels die to so i dont think they should be allowed to go to any world they need to work for it get level ups and WORK get money for member ship irl and then work up to ds or any other worlds you want to stop at. So i dont think you should add that to Wizard101 it would cause higher levels to not get to beat there own quests. And that is why i dont want you to add this feture to Wizard101 and i hope all of you have fun with out lower levels and get to higher levels with out them ruining it so please dont add this feture to Wizard101 :) bye :D BYE I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN EPLORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I think low levels shouldn't have acess to all the worlds ( by teleporting, of course ) On my grandmasters there is always that apprentic or novice saying "TAKE ME TOO DRAGONSPIRE! " and it gets pretty annoying. When Celestia comes out, a TON of non grandmasters will be begging us to take them to Celestia. I really dont want newbies asking me that.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
No no no a million times no but if you absolutely have to let them please at least consider making it so that the person you are porting to has to accept a confirmation window to let you port.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
i think that if you are a certian level you shouldnt be able to go to other wo-
rlds, for instance krokatopia:level 10 and above marleybone:15 and above mooshu:25 and above dragonspyre:30 and above grizzlehiem:any levels or you have to at least earn the privelage to go to these places by doing the quests to go there.thanks luke ravenspaer:level 48

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
No I don't think it should be allowed. The fun is earning your way through. Then there is the extra monsters that they bring to the battle...

Gabrielle Silverpetel

Survivor
May 22, 2009
Absolutley not!

The reason why lower levels shouldnt be allowed into worlds that they havent earned, (Krok, Mushu, MB, DS, and GH) is because they wouldnt be able to compete.

Let's say that i'm a lvl five necromancer and decide to go to DS. WHAT CAN I DO THERE!? sure it looks cool, but i wouldnt last 2 rounds in any battle. I would have to bug some Grandmaster to help me out every battle i did.

Not only that, but there's no equipment available in worlds that they havent earned, that they can use. It's a pointless waste of time, and there is no reason for it.

The way i see it, there is no possible way a lower level, could benifit from even thinking that they can go to a area with stronger monsters. Heck, there's already too many. If anything, we should'nt allow anyone who hasnt gotten to the world in to it. (Ex. If i havent gotten to MB, then i shouldnt be able to teleport to my friend in MB.) I dont know about the rest of you Masters and Grandmasters, but dosnt it stink when one of your "friends" teleports to you while your in a battle, adds another opponent, then flees? No. It's not fun. and you die because you were already down to a third of health, and out of cards, and die, because some level 13 pyro, wanted to tell you that she's in Krokatopia!

Lower levels shouldnt be able to work outside of their world. They cant compete, and Grandmaster's like me, dont wanna keep leaving our duties, to help a level 4 myth trying to kill a kracken in Mushu! LETTING THEM LEAVE THEIR RESPECTIVE AREAS IS A BAD IDEA!!!

Survivor
May 04, 2009
Yes, I think wizards should be able to port to other worlds. My youngest child plays this game, and some times the quest seem to be too long and hard to advance up the ladder. She sometimes just likes to be with friends and explore and buy new outfits for her character. and that is what keeps her interested in the game.

for me: I really enjoy this game and i also like to be able to explore different worlds and not really have to do the quest all the time.
so there you have it.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2008
Most people of a smaller level (below 20 to be specific) may say yes. Although, to my favor, I say no. Not because I have two grandmasters and one on the way (lvl 48), but because I believe you have to earn your way up. This is my opinion but whatever gets chosen is what is. Thanks for listening! :D
Sincerely,
Wizard Paige Drake

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
First off i just would like to thank you for FINALLY bringing this problem up for feedback from everyone. But just for the record, of course those who have just recently signed up for wizard 101 are of course going to say they should be allowed. Anyway, my point of view on this matter; low level wizards should NOT be allowed in high level worlds. Why? it's pretty obvious...

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
i think they should be able to, because its nice to know if your in trouble and dont have any crowns to hire a minion or dont have a minion spell to be able help you in the battle. still, if one needs help in a insanely high level place like dragonsphere i think they should let only a, at least, level 15 or so to able to get to a boss or dungeon in dragonsphyere