Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
exobite wrote:
I think it would be ok and to be able to pick up the quests in the area. My sons have more time on the computer than I usually do so they are a higher level.

But then ofcorse it would mess up the story line.

I don't know either way. I might lean toward not letting them go to an area where they are not allowed at that time in the story line.

Which by the way I like the storyline so far.

Not thrilled about how the pets level up I think they should get expereince with you as you fight then maybe have them take a test or something to level. other wise having some pets with you is kind of useless in less it's a mount.

That's my opinion. Hope it helps.

but the thing is they cant pick up storyline quests without a spiral key ANYWAY so that would make no difference if they went and picked up the quests they were allowed to

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
i htink they should baecause all level wizards can help in even places like dragonspyre

Survivor
May 24, 2009
timothy48 wrote:
no cause what if the higher wizards dont wanna have low people joining in say like dragonspyre or mooshu :?

No because low wizards should just get used to not having access to new worlds. I've teleported to a friend that's more powerful than me and things went bad... Also, it will take out most of the surprises in the game and will start to get bored.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
I DEFINITLY think they shoud NOT be allowed to port to areas they have not EARNED! By doing the quests in order that the game is set up for they learn how to use thier spells. It is very annoying to have a wizard that "appears" to have a higher level - say 28 - then find out they havent even finished wizard city quests. They complain its too hard, then you end up having to do all the work to defeat monsters they have added because they are in your fight.

Gaining access to areas should be EARNED not given - please stop them from being able to do this! I have no idea how you can, but PLEASE FIND A WAY TO STOP THEM FROM PORTING TO AREAS THEY HAVE NOT EARNED.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
color=green] well maybe there should be something that it says would you like this person to teleport mya be able to click yes or to you right now and you can click yes or no

Matthew lionhunter lvl 50 life ashley lion sword lvl 20 ice me and my sis share an account. :) Matthew and Ahsley proud students of raven wood school of magical arts :)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Oh yes! That way you'll be able to help more people that ask you for help.

Caroline Sunbright Grandmaster theurgist
Brittany Rainriver Level 43 Storm
Emily Spiritriver Level 33 Death
Nicole Jadesword Level 23 Balance
Laura Iceheart Level 21 Ice

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't think it's fair that they port into our fights pull another enemy in and then most of the time they flee. But I do agree with some other answers that it would take waaaay too long to level up our new wizards without that option. So here's a thought, why not change it so that we are asked if it's ok for people to port to us before they do.

Example: Madison is level 5 fire and Alexis is level 50 Balance. Alexis is in a fight in Dragonspyre and Madison decides to go see what it's like over there. But Madison has no idea Alexis is in a fight and doesn't take the courtesy to ask so she ports. Well Alexis then receives a screen message just like a friend request that says "Madison is trying to port to you. Would you like to allow this? Yes No" If you choose to allow that person to port to you then obviously she does. If you choose not to allow that person then they get a screen message saying "This person is busy."

And this way the option is all yours. :)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
asutton75 wrote:
Personally I don't see a problem with it. It DOES get very annoying at times but I finish the battle and either change areas or switch realms. I play with allot of friends and family and I am not always on one of my Grand characters. If one of them should need help I just teleport to their location, help, then go back to what I was doing. I don't always like it when I'm joined by a lower level but they have paid for the game as much as I have and have every right to access any area they please.

yea thats right this a free country you no so speak the truth

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Raugalothlor wrote:
No, i do not think that wizards should be able to port to areas that they cannot access through play. While it does give players a little peek at what is coming, the problems they cause by bringing in extra monsters, and having to listen to them constantly beg for help outweigh any benefits. In my opinion, they should have to earn their way into the higher levels just like everyone else.

maybe use common sense, like if you dont like that dont add them in the first place

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
No!
As many said, part of the best part is advancement.

But, maybe you can let free players go all the way through wizard city, that way they may want to complete the quests in krok

Survivor
Sep 17, 2009
I think this a big problem if the wizard is from say two worlds away. I can take a wizard from Mooshu and do any of the DS quest. A wizard questing in MB would be a problem in DS. I think we shouldnt be allowed to jump more than one world past the world we are at. This also allows wizards quest for spells right away, rather than questing to get to world they need to finish the quest for.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Players should be able to port to their friends to help them if need be (like I did) but should be limited to what they have earned. Lower level players have not gained the knowledge and experience to be able to handle the play of, say, Dragonspyre, and thus run the chance of ruining the play for the more experienced players.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
NO! They should not be able to go to worlds they haven't earned! Its really annoying when they don't know what their doing and they mess up your battles. For instance, some lower lvl wizards do NOT know how to use Feints, so they waste them and it gets annoying. They need to earn it.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
PerfectNot wrote:
I can allow or disallow porting to me, so I choose to allow people to choose. If someone is in the habit of porting, then leaving, he/she is not my friend, and will be removed from my friends list. Why punish those who DO NOT misuse friendship?

A very good point and if they're not your friend they simply cannot port.
I often help my friends and use whatever wizard i'm on at the time. If they're about to die and ask me to help, there won't be time to change to a stronger wizard. Please don't put port restrictions on us. I do think maybe getting less experience and items would be a good idea though.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
Personally i think people shoud be able to go where've they want HOWEVER I think the whole teleport system should be re thought I mean imagine this
-begins doing labryinth themselves with teleport off-

-suddenly needs help with a certain point-

-unblocks the teleport so a HIGH LEVELED friend can port in to help-

-High leveled friend comes and before both players can port some level 5-10 ports to one of them and runs off ruining the dungeon and making the one player who started it themselves have to start again-

Now I mean COME ON that is not fiar and ahs happened to me on several occasions. No i dont accept people under level 20 because at least at level 20 they have SOME way of helping you.

Porting should be changed instead of on and off it should be a pop up when someone tries to port you can say Allow or Dont Allow.

Or even add this option to the current On and Off options.

I did't read the whole post so if someone has already posted an idea like this i apologize but yeah I Second it.

I mean i used to port to mooshu (Before i could go there) and have a quick glance around same with dragonspyre just for some little spoiler but if i ported to someone in batlte i would do everything i could to help i still do (Its easier now as i'm level 49) So i do not think low levels should be banned from these worlds i think the porting system should be revisited comepletly.

Delver
Jul 20, 2009
You should be able to to teleport to people in worlds that you don't unlock because the person might need help like for an example, someone needs my help in DS, and I wasn't allowed to go there and he/she didn't have anyone else to help them. Is that a good idea to make the don't make people access to worlds that they haven't unlocked?I don't think so, you should have the rights to go anywhere in the spiral you want, even if you didn't unlock it yet!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Cosino wrote:
well what you should do is when the try to teleport give us a box thats says:
Do you want "Name of character" level "whatever" to teleport to you?

that is a great response i think :D

I have read every thing in this feed back and i think this is a wonderful idea!! i for one gets annoyed when people teleport to me when i am down to 1 enemy and they add a new enemy then flee i have died many times through out my 9 months on this game because of that. If they ask to join or see if i needed help i would not mind.

Christina Nightblood lvl 50 Balance
Christina Nightblood lvl Storm
Christina Firetamer lvl 50 Fire
Christina Iceblood lvl 50 Ice
Christina Lifecaster lvl 50 Life
Christina Legendrunner lvl 50 Death

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Pyrsik wrote:
I vote a resounding no. Though I personally have no qualms with those wanting to help their friends via porting, the problem arises from those who abuse the ability and cause problems for others. Some type of restriction needs to be imposed. You don't even have to take away the porting;many viable solutions have been suggested. Since you seem unaware of the numerous threads on this issue, I will list several possible solutions to the problem:

1) Increase threat- Several mmorpg's address this issue by increasing threat to lower levels. The bigger the difference in level,the more the mobs will redirect their ire toward the lower levels who enter combat. With the thought of impending doom,most lower levels would think twice before joining combat.
2) No exp/drops- take away the exp/drops gained from these areas,most people who don't belong there would probably not go there as much.
3)Non-combat- Simply take away the ability to enter combat for anyone who does not have proper access to an area via quest progression/spiral keys.

There are many possible solutions. Something needs to be done.Ignoring a problem doesn't solve anything,it makes matters worse. And up till now,admins silence on this issue has been deafening.

listen, just cuz they're low lvl doesn't mean they cant help, my lvl 18 fire friend comes in when i'm in malistaire and saves my butt, that couldn't happen if they got ghosted or were restricted from combat, no xp or drops would be dumb because think of it, they cant actually USE the drops until they do get high enough, and also if the threat increased it would just be plain unfair, cuz if they're porting to you, or someone else, they're a friend, so usually they're invited, and if not, it doesn't matter cuz you know them and stuff, and if you dont you shouldn't add them in the first place!

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
"tme101 - Let them. It isnt fair when someone wants to go somewhere and cant. THINK IF THAT WAS YOU PEOPLE! Just think about it."

If I can't go somewhere in a Game then that means I have not earned the right to be there. Besides, I do not bring one of my low level characters into a World that I am not equipped to handle because I know that the Monsters would stomp a Mud hole in me.

Survivor
Jan 25, 2010
Here are some potential solutions so that families & friends can still play together in higher worlds but you don't have lower level wizards porting into battles if you don't want them:

1) Have it so true friends can only port into worlds they haven't unlocked
2) Make it so that in addition to allowing/disallowing friends to port, you can set the minimum level a friend has to be to port. Therefore, people lower than the minimum level you have set have to ask you to change the setting in order for them to port in.
3) Make it possible for people who have not unlocked the world to port in only if you aren't in the middle of a battle (then they don't enter your battle unexpectedly). The downside of this option is that a lower level would be unable to port in to heal you in the middle of a battle.

Other people responding to this post, let me know what you think of these options.

Cassie :)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2009
No they should not be able to move freely to worlds they have not earned. I do think it is fine to port to a higher lvl friend when they ask for help, but they should NOT be allowed to get the quests and reap the rewards until they have gotten there honestly. There is nothing more annoying than little bitty wizards running around MS and DS begging for treasure cards and help from those of us who are trying to complete our own quests and EARN our way up. Paige Willowleaf - Grandmaster Ice

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
Well, a lot of people like to power level their characters, make them high level at the early stages in the game. I am one of these people, especially with my storm character. Being a higher level on storm helps make soloing things much easier. Higher health being the main point. It does get annoying when a low level comes in at Ds and takes all your traps with a low level attack, but I don't think this should deter them from being able to go to that world.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
i say no because low lvl wizards in ds jumping into people's battles so they can get xp but they dont do much of a help.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Sorry but no i do not think so they get in trouble and that is the fun of the game is to earn it