Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 9-24-10

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2010
I believe that wizards who are too low of a level to enter the world should not be able to port in.

A level limit should be put on the more advanced worlds like Dragonspyre...Just like Grizzleheim. You can't go back to the world unless you are lvl 20, 40, etc. This should be applied to porting. If a wizard is not the appropriate level to enter the zone on their own, they should not be able to port in.

First of all, it is very annoying when you are fighting a boss with 10,000 health and a level 20 ports in and wastes all of your shields and blades you have set up on the mob with a low level spell or a wand spell that does minuscule damage.

Secondly. they only port in for loot. I have limited my buddy list to those who are level 50 and have completely open chat because of the annoyance of low levels. That way they can actually speak and can offer some kind of help to whatever you are fighting. Most low level characters port in or run into your fight when the mobs are close to dying, collect whatever loot they get, then port out. If i just spent all this time fighting, I don't think a low level person should reap the benefits.

I also support the feature that could ask you if its okay of someone can port to you. Then those who did not want someone randomly porting to them would have the option to deny it. I believe that is a very good thing to implement as well.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
I dont think porting without restriction or without cost should be done.

There should be some variant of 'earned' to get there.
Or at least no reward or similar.

But having said that...I use my own grandnephew to help me and my helping him... often... getting quests out of the way that he will never ever get around to doing.

Defender
Sep 20, 2008
I think that they should be allowed to teleport in to worlds they haven't unlocked, but only to the next one they will unlock. That way they can see a new world and not have to face enemies too stong.

James Starblade, Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
I think that they should be allowed to, but not be able to do quests or get into battles, they should just be able to look at specific areas. Or maybe have a preview, where they go into a separate area away from everyone, like a tutorial for that world, and be able to do one or two quests that give low experience and fight monsters that don't use attacks/use low lvl attacks. I think that would be fair, since its really annoying when a lvl10 uses your traps, and gets high lvl items/rare pets, such as the ianthine spectre.

Richard Battleheart
Grandmaster Diviner 8)

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
Yes and No like you have to be a certin level like 25+ to go to marlybone

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
No. lower level wizards should not be alowed to teleport to higher level friends in a world that they can not acess yet. one reason is that it gets us higher level wizards mad because they are always breaking our traps and telling us to put blades on them. and two sometimes they wont stop following us around

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I don't think so. If someone isn't ready for a world like DragonSpyre, they shouldn't be able to access it. I was friends with a grandmaster and they were ALWAYS asking me for help in Mooshu and DragonSpyre.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
we are tired of noobs porting to us in ds ond other areas.We erned it they should have to ern it to XD

Survivor
Oct 31, 2008
Here's a few things on this subjects my family and I have discussed. No. They should have to earn their way to the new worlds unless invited by someone already there. KI made a change so that when players don't wish to have people jumping in uninvited from your friends list, just hit the no transport button. However, that does not stop other's from just jumping in uninvited to a battle. I think it would be fair to have to ask permission of the one who is in first position (started the battle) if they want to accept help. We have had many times people hanging around on the side watching us play then jump in and do nothing until the very end of a battle and they get credit as we do who fought. Also have had them port only to leave. Instead of letting them (friends or people on sidelines) jump in, let those who are battling give permission to join. It's not a lot of fun to have defeated one monster and nearly a second just to have a stranger jump in as I'm nearly out of life, bring another monster, I die, take all my credit for the work and I have to start over. But that's just the consensus around my flock.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2010
No...they should have to earn the entry . It is not that hard. As to leveling up in a hurry...the early levels are very easy to level up.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
Dear madam,

I think little wizards can port to where ever they want cause if i was a little wizard i would want to see celestia right away. I am fine with the littles porting to me. So plz keep every thing the same. The little wizards have the same rights as big wizards. So Wizard101 representives plz keep it the same as its always been.

You Friend,

Jennifer T. :D

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
NannerFL wrote:
No way! The word here is EARNED! Too many things are handed just for being alive. Many have read whining about not being able to do things because you don't have a paid membership or whatever. EARN some money and pay for it. Those of us who have earned the right to be somewhere don't really want it cluttered up with people who have no right to be there/are just checking it out anyway. Have some respect for those of us who deserve to be there. JMHO.
I think they should, remember about subscription, 10 or 20 dollars would go to waste if Kingsile does'nt let lower wizards in. also, you could block teleports. :)

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
They should because a lot of people want to become a level 10 or Level 12 fast... So i think you should allow it cause sometimes its a drag to go threw storylines

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
No people who have not earned there way to other worlds always cause problems for the wizards who have. They either flee and leave you with a mess on monsters or you have to heal them over and over which drag out the fight time. It is annoying to all wizards who have earned there way! I delete the wizards who do this to me. Also, annoying are the wizards who ask for help constantly, if you cannot cut it leave the fight. Do not ask me every two minutes to help you because I'm trying to level up myself.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
NO! not really. I use the dungeons in other world to gained lots of XP for one of my level 2 wizard. Example: My lvl 17 fire is still in Wizard City.
It helps quite a lot.

Blake Dragondreamer lvl 50 Balance

Survivor
May 23, 2010
Absolutely not! I just went through this yesterday. While trying to do battle in Mooshu a friend started having level two and level three people pop out of her. They brought in more enemies and then deceided that they were too small to help and left us to kill them all alone. NOT FUNNY! You should have to wait until you earn it.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
I don't really mind it so much, as I do like to help those in need. I do see a problem with xp farming. I know my hubby couldn't figure out how to access tomb of storms via story line so he just ported to me when he was done with krokosphinx. And I think that, if you have a quest for a spell that requires access to an area that you don't have access to via storyline then you should be allowed access until the quest is complete and you regain access through the storyline.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I think things are just fine the way they already are because some people have purchased other areas with crowns in worlds they haven't unlocked yet (including me :D ) and if they don't have access to those areas that they have purchased unless they spend MORE money than they already have on this just to get to a certain level to access the area that they have already purchased is (in my mind) a COMPLETE RIPOFF!

Valdus DuskGarden level 42 Death

:D WRAITH TIME!

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
I think that its fine plus the lower levels can level up quicker. I really dont care if an extra enamy comes up i think things ahould stay the way they are!!!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
Professor Falmea wrote:
Hi folks! It's that time again...

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

This week, we'd like to get your opinion on lower level wizards teleporting to friends in higher level areas. On one hand, it's a nice way to let those who are not as far along in the game get a peek-see at new sights, and even get an extra jump on earning experience. However, it does take it's toll when a level 5 Wizard jumps into a fight with you in, say, Dragonspyre, which is obviously over their heads and bring extra monsters to the fight and leaves you with the mess to clean up. Not fun.

So, please weigh in. Should wizards be able to teleport into world that they haven't earned access to through the storyline?

Well I think they should be able to, because, if they jump in on us during a battle, it's a challenge, which is what makes the game fun. Plus what if you played with family and friends, but there was a huge lvl difference, or maybe you just started a new character and you wanted a Mooshu or Dragonspyre house? Especially if they have the place with a subscription or Crowns, if they do, it would be wrong to deny them access because they have the rite... So if they jump in on you, call another friend, or handle it yourself, and if you can't handle it, YOU probably shouldn't be in the world, backtrack to MS or MB because you obviously skipped quests. And that's another thing, what about the quest skippers? There are some people in there 20s and have a Dragonspyre Spiral Key. They can't do much but mess you up but they can go there anyway! So denying people access will do nothing but: A. Increase # of quest skippers. B. Seperate families in W101 gameplay. C. Make lower lvl players uninterested in the game so KI gets less money from crowns and subscriptions. D. All of the above. And the correct answer is: D! So overall, I believe World Locks are a HORRIBLE idea!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
i think wizards should teleport to a world close to them like a wizard almos done with marleybone go to mooshoo so they can know what to expect and they can manage the monsters. i also think they should be alloud to teleport to peaple who need help

lucas drakethorn lvl38 ice

Survivor
Sep 10, 2008
i think wizard lvls 27 and up should be able to teleport to the harder worlds because it might take them a long time to get to that world and they really want to try it out. lvls 26-20 should be able to teleport to the not really hard (medium) worlds and lvls 19-10 should be just in krokotopia and wizardcity and 9-1 lvls stay in wizardcity while lvls 28-50 (or 60 when that lvl comes out) can get access to all worlds. I dont enjoy lvls 15 and under porting when i in a battle (no offense to people lvl 15 and under).

Survivor
Sep 06, 2009
re Wizards porting to out-of-level worlds -

If "Wiz A" is a subscriber still in WC and has "Wiz B" as a friend who is currently playing on Krok, and if "Wiz B" asks "Wiz A" to port to them for help - why shouldn't the WC player be able to port to their level Krok friend? I had so much fun playing sidekick to my Grand friend in some upper level battles - it whet my appetite for progressing my character in the game. Back in those days, we traded treasure cards like Yu-gi-oh cards and had fun using them in battles. Then came Zee Rules... Nein!!! No trading treasure cards. Zee Rules must be followed!

I see a trend toward fuddy-duddyism developing... and here I thought the game was about fun and friends. It's like my finger-wagging Mee-Maw is suddenly working for KingsIsle. Naw.... that can't be.

Maybe Wiz101 needs a realm with no right turns on red lights, 3 square meals a day (for Wizards too, not just the pets) and lights out at 8:00 pm with only 4 hours gaming per day. Then maybe all the More Rules/Less Freedom fans will be happy.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
Ok everyone i have met in game just randomly are mean to lower levels (when they are there) in higher places! i mean they shouldn't be level 10 and in Dragonspyre but what if they had a crafting quest in Mooshu and they are in krokotopia??? things like side quests is what you have to think about!!!! and another thing when ever i see people without a member ship i give them a sneak peak of what they will have to do next, i never usually bring some random person that's level like 15 to Dragonspyre but i do ask why they want to go if its reasonable then they go if its like "cuz i want a sword from ____"
you fill in the blank but if its like DrangonSpyre or MooShu then they wont be able to handle it and they will ask for help witch just annoys other people trying to do they're actual quests.
So i think that you should let lower levels come to higher level worlds but make shore they have a reasonable answer to why. It all really depends on how other people act and do, if you just let your lower level friend port and run around DS i dont think thats very... reasonable
I mean no offense to any players that are nice to these lower levels

Nicole BattleTamer Grandmaster Thaumaturge (ya people there are NICE grands!)