Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hitting Level 43 Quest from Merle Ambrose...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
Ok. Its not just me. I have asked my friends who already hit level 43, but apparently when you hit level 43. You get a pop-up from Merle Ambrose saying something your power level and you must go see him.

I went to Merle Ambrose but he didn't say anything?

Whats up with that..

Survivor
Aug 02, 2008
i got the same thing at lvl 40 and he didint give me any thing

Survivor
Jul 23, 2008
This pop up is a "bug" that occurs often after a new patch has been installed and you then level up a character.
Please report it via the Support section under Help to left of forum so that it gets addressed in a future update.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2008
Fidelma wrote:
This pop up is a "bug" that occurs often after a new patch has been installed and you then level up a character.
Please report it via the Support section under Help to left of forum so that it gets addressed in a future update.

Okay. Like i said before. i asked all my friends when they HIT level 43, if they got the same pop-up.

They said yes, now most of them are like lvl 45+. So it couldn't of been a level bug.

It seemed a little important from what he said..

So... anyone have any valuable information on when they might fix it?

Administrator
Hello Students!

Sorry for the confusion! I've spoken to Merle and he's promised to stop beckoning students back from distant lands - within the next update or so. He's usually very good about keeping his word, but in the meantime rest assured you're not missing anything - take the opportunity to wander the streets of Wizard City and meet some of the new students!

Thanks for your patience!

Survivor
May 18, 2009
Okay..... Same thing happened to me today - I hit level 40 and got 3 pop-ups from Merle Ambrose, and nothing! I take it that the bug has not yet been fixed?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
MrLincoln wrote:
Hello Students!

Sorry for the confusion! I've spoken to Merle and he's promised to stop beckoning students back from distant lands - within the next update or so. He's usually very good about keeping his word, but in the meantime rest assured you're not missing anything - take the opportunity to wander the streets of Wizard City and meet some of the new students!

Well it seems this bug has not been fix. This was brought up in 2008? It is now 11-1-09..
About 25% into level 30 I got a message to go see Merle.
It look like he was about to say something and said " He just got a urgent message" and that was it..
I have no new quest and he no longer will speak to me. He back to the usual message of keep on searching..

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Very so wrong!!!!! He thinks your notty but then he relises you did nothing :D.
Maybe like dentention because schools. Maybe we really can have class if we miss it we have detention .

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
bobtiger wrote:

Maybe like dentention because schools. Maybe we really can have class if we miss it we have detention .
i once missed class with cyrus i was only two seconds late and he gave me permanent detention and he took all my cards and then he kept slapping me until merle ambrose came and saw him do it then cyrus got fired so he turned me into a troll

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
Bejewels wrote:
MrLincoln wrote:
Hello Students!

Well it seems this bug has not been fix. This was brought up in 2008? It is now 11-1-09..
About 25% into level 30 I got a message to go see Merle.
It look like he was about to say something and said " He just got a urgent message" and that was it..
I have no new quest and he no longer will speak to me. He back to the usual message of keep on searching..

Same thing happened to me, but I am level 30. I got a message from Amberose and Simeon and when I went to go talk to them, they had nothing to say. It's bugging me so much... What do I have to do to get him to talk to me?

Administrator
xiXBiteSizeXix wrote:

Same thing happened to me, but I am level 30. I got a message from Amberose and Simeon and when I went to go talk to them, they had nothing to say. It's bugging me so much... What do I have to do to get him to talk to me?

All you need to do young Wizard, is read the Known Bugs page: https://www.wizard101.com/game/help/knownissues

Merle Summoning Players without Reason: Sometimes Merle likes to check in with his students, however we've noticed lately that he's been calling on our young Wizards every time they gain a new level. Don't worry, he may not always have a quest for you, however it's a good reminder to visit him, as well as your Professors, on a regular basis. (Note: you may also see similar messages from Simon in Ravenwood, who is ready to introduce you to housing.)

community@wizard101.com