Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
guyguy120 wrote:
I think a good combo is Balance/life or balance/death. I'm doing that now so, i just figured. :$

I agree with the person who said that Life and Death have the best sustainability, but Balance isn't a bad class to solo with, either. I'm not a fan of group play, so I usually battle it out alone.

My boyfriend (who was a Death wiz) and I (Balance) quested through the lower levels together, but he quit playing around Krok- that meant that I continued through all of MB, MS, DS, GH/WT, and about halfway through CS (with obvious exceptions, like Waterworks, Spiral Geographic, Malistaire's lair [which couldn't be soloed back then], the 4 brothers in WT...) by myself.

In the rare event that I do group up, it's usually with older wizards from attack-based schools- that way, we can strategize effectively and I can shield/heal/buff them until the cows come home. :P

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
If I may....
I have a lvl32 Balance with Life secondary. I removed all the Life except the healing spell given early on, went into that place under the falls by the airship dock in bear country, and soloed the area that starts with 3 stone golems (or sand, whatever they are). Then I finished off all the other magic types except storm cause i ran out of time. Each fight cost about 80 mana, and I had to dedicate ALOT of time to do this. But, I think this lends weight to balance as a good solo wizard. It all comes down to how you play. Solo wizards need to be set up different than "smash and burn" types.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Honestly, death. I am not sayign that because I an a necromancer here is my reasoning to why death is the best school to solo:
*You can use drains to get more health in a battle so when you go to kill the second guy you have [almost] full health
*There are lots of good traps and blades like feint, so you can one-hit-kill
*You haveall types of spell (with the exception of two-hit) like over time, drains, attacks, heals, weakness spells, minions & lower the amount the opposing team can heal
*Ice and life armor doesnt work on drains
*Death doesnt use life shields

Another good schoool is life, because it makes it a lot harder for the other team to kill you. Fighting the same or opposing school isnt bad as long as you put a prism on a life guy asap.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2010
I am trying to beat the game with my life wizard. Soloing worked very well until i hit moshoo. I am trying to get the (i think the forest troll card) really bad. The boss is difficult and it is very hard to solo. So eventually you will have a dire need to group with ppl. I think there is no class you can solo through the game. Well im sure life is impossible. You can heal but not defend yourself, its crazy.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
my combo is myth,storm,balance,life

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
Survivor
Mar 19, 2009
Like merle ambrose it is obviously myth with minions or fire with aura and link.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
nov/25/2011 10:31 Isaiah death wielder legendary necromancer Personally I think the best combo is death and storm because when your about to die you can do damage and get health with death and deal a massive amount of damage.Opposite schools work a lot even though not a lot of people mix opposite schools because there afraid there going to make the wrong choice or disgrace there school and decrease there number of friends.For example there is a kid who is ice and has a secondary school fire he or her has a friend who un friends him or her but the kid cant figure out why .They automatically think its because the kid mixed opposite schools .There are too many people that un friend people because there friends mix opposite schools. Death and storm rock.

Survivor
Oct 16, 2010
It will most likely depend on the wizard and how they choose to use their spells. I would personally go along with Death because you don't really need to heal since nearly all of the spells heal you back after each attack. Also I have actually gone solo with a bunch of quests and they weren't that hard as a Death student. Just my opinion though.

Adam Blood, Transcended Necromancer (Level 70)

Survivor
May 05, 2011
its pretty obvious theurgist or life they can heal and if they have all life spell its a cake walk!

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Death is the best school for soloing. Ice can solo pretty well, but it takes them longer. myth is ok, but then you have to rely on your minion too much. With the exception of a few cheating bosses, i beat the game entirely solo as death.

Blake Dragonhorn - 70 Death
Wolf Skyblade -50 Storm
Hunter Ashsword -28 Balance
Anthony Battlehammer-28 Life
Flint Ashflame - 25 Fire
Justin Titan - 22 Myth

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I've got to say I think the best school to solo the game with is... Balance because they have all the blades and all that stuff. Also fire because of the damage over time thing (DoT's I think they're called) and its not because I'm those to schools.

Isaac Dragonthorn Level 73 Sorceror
James Ashflame Level 9 Pyfromancer and by the way I only started him a few days ago

See you in Zafaria!!!

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
i think the best class is ice cause[ ive been playing ice for over a year]
thaumos have more health and although it damage isnt much it gives its best
and comes in the long run but im only 12 so what do i know!?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
ice is awesome but balance and storm come in 2nd and 3rd
cause storm is strong and balance has alot of defenses so i suggest them bye

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
8)i think the best thing to do is the death school and then fire,ice or storm. when i faced a balance i did fire and storm so when i faced a balance he did shield for my both school. my advice pick a spirit school and then fire ice or storm. peace out and happy holidays :D

Survivor
Apr 14, 2009
i suggest death. not only does it attack it gives half of it back to you in health. so you dont have to worry about healing. dont pick another spirit school! pick death then storm. storm is not the most fizzling school any more it is fire. so storm and death are good

ps the reason not to pick another spirit school is that a balance guy can do a shield with both of your school. and it ruins the attack. plus right back to me
:D

Survivor
May 25, 2011
I'm a level 47 Life wizard, working my way through DragonSpyre, and so far, with only one exception (the Sea King statue), I've soloed everything. I have no clear secondary school, really. I have a couple of Death spells, some Balance, and a tiny smattering of Myth, but not enough of any to make a clear secondary school. Someone earlier posted that the Life school is a "piece of cake"... Not really, no. The final Oni (Jade? Death? I can't remember) in Mooshu was a horribly drawn out battle that literally took me to my very last spell to defeat it, and that was after a half dozen previous attempts of trying various spells and tactics to find what worked best for me, and tens of thousands of coins to buy treasure cards who's effectiveness I was unsure of at the time. The Life school statue in DS, though the same school, and having higher level spells to throw at me was far easier (though still tough), but what I learned with the Oni in Mooshu allowed me to defeat it much more efficiently. If I can, I'll try fighting the Sea King statue again, this time solo, to see if I can do it. :-)

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
o yea balance school all the way i have tried all schools except fire and just started myth lvl 10 only, so dont know about those schools, but i have found it very easy to solo as a balance wizard, but of course death would have to be very close behind, i can solo both of those schools easily, but have favored my balance wizard the most

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
I've got to say I love balance because well it was just sort of happened today my friend while we were battling a boss used like a 14 pip jjudgement which was only supposed to do 1400 but he had a feint on a dragon blade a balance blade and he criticaled and it did 15666 It was so amazing!

Legendary Sorceror Level 66
Isaac Dragonthorn

Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
it is impossible to solo the game, once you get to malistair you have to have help because you have to get some crystals or something in a certine time limit and even if you set a marker down and port to them you still cant do it without atleast another person, there are also more places you need help like waterworks and tower of the helephant

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
fancysharon502 wrote:
mordaki987 wrote:
it is impossible to solo the game, once you get to malistair you have to have help because you have to get some crystals or something in a certine time limit and even if you set a marker down and port to them you still cant do it without atleast another person, there are also more places you need help like waterworks and tower of the helephant

Actually with the most recent changes I thought you only needed one crystal to continue on. Granted, its extremely hard at level 48-50 when you originally get the quest, kinda like big ben when you get the quest at around level 30. I did most of the game solo on my myth. Most of the game that you are Required to do in order to continue question are Soloable, but most of the time anybody would call another person to give them a quick hand. Sustainability is not really in issue considering when you jump out of a battle there are loads of wisps around. I would say it comes to down to mob clearing with the use of AOE (area of effect, damages all enemies) spells. In that area the best are Storm and Fire, with storm being a little better than fire. Fire gets its AOE spell before they finish Krok, But most of the time Storm's AOEs are usually more powerful and more effective. On the other hand, if you are one of those wizards who likes to stay alive long enough to kill one of a kind, your best wizard choice is Ice. The other classes are harder to solo but I think they are a little more worth it in the end, because of what makes them unique and what they offer to groups and PVP.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
That is of course ice wizard. Ice has a lot of health and resistance. A transcended ice has 4000+ health and around 32+ resist. So ice is the best school to solo with.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
Death hands down. Soloed all of Celestia but the Trial of the Spheres and only refought one fight (ice boss shark and his two ice underlings) in the Crab Enpire. I have six characters and have only been able to do that with my death wizard.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
kelvin037 wrote:
That is of course ice wizard. Ice has a lot of health and resistance. A transcended ice has 4000+ health and around 32+ resist. So ice is the best school to solo with.
i totally agree

Survivor
Apr 11, 2010
underdog86 wrote:
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.

yea that is a good idea