Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You decide on a new world!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
When I think of a new world, I want to think of a space that hasn't been explored by wizard101 yet. Some sort of culture or significant climate and geography that hasn't been made into a world, gauntlet, or area. To that end, I have some ideas that I think might fit that bill.

One Idea I have is for a completely underground cave-based world. I know this is kind of like Wizard City Sewers, but I don't necessarily think so. Your enemies would be things like moles, bats, worms, and other underground creatures. Everything would be in caves and the like, and you could even put this "new world" into an old world. I envision some sort of questline where you are trying to save the main city from caving in, or maybe there is some mining corporation that has gone too far and has become evil.
Another idea I have is for a mountainous Himalayan-like area. Basically a very mountainous world with mountain goats, snow leopards, and stuff like that. You could give big variety of terrain in a world like this, with caves and hot springs and small villages. This questline idea might be a little dark, but there could be a group of Marleybone-based(or other modern species in Wizard101) group of hunters that is threatening the local populations due to poaching and the like.

One final idea that I have that I think hasn't been explored yet is a toss up between two. Ok so it is two that I think could work, but I don't know how. One is that wizards invade pirate101, and then the hero has to go save pirate101 from destruction. This one might be too meta, but it could be nostalgic when you show off popular pirate101 locations and characters, and you get to pay homage to the other game. The other idea is a Spain-based world, but more in the past. Could have the inquisition and stuff like that, and maybe they are trying to fight off a foreign invader? Idk, but it sounds cool.

I am open to any suggestions and changes in the comments, and sorry for such a long read. Wizard101 is tough to think of new space that hasn't been explored yet, because somehow the developers have taken a lot of different cultures and environments from around the world and made something out of them. Thanks bones for the chance for us to share!

Survivor
Apr 06, 2015
id like to see a bigger story that older kids would enjoy too because a lot of the time i'm skipping though the dialogue. maybe something based around music or art like something abstract.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2009
Survivor
Mar 28, 2012
Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
What about a black and white world. Maybe based off of old movies

Survivor
May 08, 2012
I would like a world in colonial America during the revolutionary war, the world would be darker contrast to the bright and colorful karamel, I think you could put the natives in some way and use the same Marylebone characters for the British, one quest could be like delivering a letter to a revolutionary in secret and maybe the world could be larger with more open areas because everything back then was spread out, the teleporters could be by horse carriage.

Defender
Mar 08, 2011
Wizard101FanWiki on Aug 13, 2008 wrote:
How about an Atlantis themed world. All under water with mermaids and mermen, fish, sharks, coral, and more.

How about a Futuristic World. Or based on a kind of old sci-fi idea of futuristic. Robots, flashing lights, teleporter's, sleek building, etc.

How about a Moon Base world.

As a Piers Anthony fan how about a world of fantasy with pun speaking players. :-)

Along same line above say some World that speaks in riddles.

Of course their is always the classic knights, castles, dragons, and maidens in distress; medieval world idea.

Maybe a racing themed world.
Or an Amusement park themed world.

Then there is always the idea of worlds with individual school themes.

Thats just some ideas off top of my head.
Isn't there already Celestia for the atlantis based world and Avalon for the fantasy pun world?

The other ones seems neat. A moon world or a futuristic one seems cool.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
We should have a Back to the future themed world where technology took over and they need the great almighty wizard to help them.

THE LOST TECHNOLOGY

Character Ideas:

1. Dr.Evil - Ultimate Boss
  2. Professor Mary - Another school professor
  3. Minions - Robots , Mouse robots
  4. Bosses - Half man / Half Robot etc.

World Idea -

• Back to the future type themes ( Flying cars , Hovering Buildings, Gltichy etc. )

If you guys take this idea I think the school spell should incorporate being able to get a shadow pip spells here.

Shadow Pip Spells -

Haven't thought of this yet but i will come back for it
  1. Fire -
  2. Ice-
  3. Storm -
  4. Life
  5. Myth -
  6. Balance

And as far as the school itself the symbol should be a multi-colored headphone symbol! OMG that would be so cool.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2014
I would like to see Wallaru, it would be nice to see the place where Zander is from.

Or the world where Jaki Whisperwind is from (idk maybe that could be the last world of Arc 4)

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Futuristic
    Retrofuturism (A world set in a setting in which people in the 1900's thought would be the future)Dystopia/Post Apocalypse (Plenty of themes contain this genre but one of my favorites is Mad Max: Fury Road. Seeing the mounts Kingsisle could make based off of this movie would be interesting, and as an avid Mount Collector, I'd be farming for those mounts as often as I can.)

Fantasy
  • Dark Fantasy (A genre intended to unnerve or frighten readers/ players. Normally I would say Kingsisle wouldn't go for this as their games are rated E10+ but the spell Khuluru is a stark reference to a Dark Fantasy story as written by HP Lovecraft, there's also the Krokonomicon in Krokotopia which is an earlier reference to HP Lovecraft's work, and I'm sure there are more that I didn't catch. I'm not sure how much further they'd be willing to take those references. I imagine that creating a world based off of HP Lovecraft's stories would be doable as Kingsisle has already taken on Gothic Horror themes with Darkmoor, The Dark Cave, and a few of the Death School Spells)

Already-established worlds
  • Aquila (As more than just 3 dungeons)
  • Darkmoor ^
  • Skull Island
  • Monquista
  • Origin world of the Kroks from Krokotopia

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
A horror world different from darkmoor-
Include animals like bats wolves crows and undeads/cr eaturee like demons khrulusus kelpies gargoyles etc..
A world of the undead/souls.

Survivor
May 08, 2012
What about a spy type word were the armor could look like that of a secret agent and you could have cool quest where you would have to sneak past the enemies.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I either want another Russian one like Polaris or an ancient greek one. Aquila is an ancient greek world but its a small side world with only 3 big dungeons, I would like a main ancient greek world with major and minor gods like: Zeus, Uranus, Gaea, Chaos(final boss or strongest ally), Aphrodite, Boreas, Notus, Cloacina(goddess of sewers), Ares, Kronus and many more. It could be like an Olympians vs Titans thing(with Kronus as the final boss) or all greek gods are on your sides and they are trying to defeat the roman ones or you are against the greek gods(preferably not that one). Boreas(Primary:Secondary:), Notus(Primary: really powerful), Zephyr()
Zues(),Aphrodite(), Uranus(), Gaea(), Chaos(), Poseidon(Primary: Secondary: ), Hades(Primary: Secondary: Third:)

Survivor
May 30, 2020
Its not so much a new world but a variation with other features aswell.
Something i would like to see is instead of starting at wizard city you can also choose pigswick academy. In addiction the schools of magic from the world with changes to their focus from wizard city.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
helfire291 on Dec 1, 2020 wrote:
Its not so much a new world but a variation with other features aswell.
Something i would like to see is instead of starting at wizard city you can also choose pigswick academy. In addiction the schools of magic from the world with changes to their focus from wizard city.
I think you should not be able to start in Wysteria but I think when you unlock it you can learn one of the magic types there or elements, whatever you call them. Because i you start in Wysteria it will make your gameplay really different from the regular one and it will get really confusing

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
123jwr on Nov 13, 2020 wrote:
I would like a world in colonial America during the revolutionary war, the world would be darker contrast to the bright and colorful karamel, I think you could put the natives in some way and use the same Marylebone characters for the British, one quest could be like delivering a letter to a revolutionary in secret and maybe the world could be larger with more open areas because everything back then was spread out, the teleporters could be by horse carriage.
I dont really want that

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Aaron FireEyes on Nov 28, 2020 wrote:
Futuristic
    Retrofuturism (A world set in a setting in which people in the 1900's thought would be the future)Dystopia/Post Apocalypse (Plenty of themes contain this genre but one of my favorites is Mad Max: Fury Road. Seeing the mounts Kingsisle could make based off of this movie would be interesting, and as an avid Mount Collector, I'd be farming for those mounts as often as I can.)

Fantasy
  • Dark Fantasy (A genre intended to unnerve or frighten readers/ players. Normally I would say Kingsisle wouldn't go for this as their games are rated E10+ but the spell Khuluru is a stark reference to a Dark Fantasy story as written by HP Lovecraft, there's also the Krokonomicon in Krokotopia which is an earlier reference to HP Lovecraft's work, and I'm sure there are more that I didn't catch. I'm not sure how much further they'd be willing to take those references. I imagine that creating a world based off of HP Lovecraft's stories would be doable as Kingsisle has already taken on Gothic Horror themes with Darkmoor, The Dark Cave, and a few of the Death School Spells)

Already-established worlds
  • Aquila (As more than just 3 dungeons)
  • Darkmoor ^
  • Skull Island
  • Monquista
  • Origin world of the Kroks from Krokotopia
Great idea, especially the already established worlds, but I really don't like futuristic things and I want to stick with the medieval and other more ancient stuff, or the present. But not futuristic. The other ideas are good though.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Wizard101FanWiki on Aug 13, 2008 wrote:
How about an Atlantis themed world. All under water with mermaids and mermen, fish, sharks, coral, and more.

How about a Futuristic World. Or based on a kind of old sci-fi idea of futuristic. Robots, flashing lights, teleporter's, sleek building, etc.

How about a Moon Base world.

As a Piers Anthony fan how about a world of fantasy with pun speaking players. :-)

Along same line above say some World that speaks in riddles.

Of course their is always the classic knights, castles, dragons, and maidens in distress; medieval world idea.

Maybe a racing themed world.
Or an Amusement park themed world.

Then there is always the idea of worlds with individual school themes.

Thats just some ideas off top of my head.
That is basically Celestia, but making it more greek is cool. I dont like futuristic worlds. "As a Piers Anthony fan how about a world of fantasy with pun speaking players. :-)" ,sure and rest are great the school one is not the best but you other ideas are really good and I like them.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
I think a world inspired by anime like studio ghibli movies and tv shows would be fantastic!! A super magical cartoonish world, involving harry potter as well :)

Thoughts?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Previous posters have suggested a "medieval world". Well, to my mind the problem with that is we already have at least two, Avalon and Wizard City itself. To make a new medieval world popular, it needs to have a twist or two that distinguishes it from existing worlds. I have a thought.

Game of Thrones. KingsIsle should really consider leeching off the success of this hugely popular media sensation. You can't CALL it game of thrones, of course, you need to avoid IP infringement, but you can come close enough to be recognizable, just like you have already done with Monty Python in Avalon and Sherlock Holmes in Marleybone.

Work out a version of "winter is coming", foreshadowing of impending doom is always good for building tension. Maybe the main villain will soon become more dangerous due to some seasonal event: "Spring is coming" or "harvest is coming" -- the villain will be growing/harvesting some plants that greatly increase his power; "Summer is coming" -- the villain is robbing the world of water or heating it up or something, which summer will make worse; "Winfield is coming" -- the big bad's name sounds like or is a pun on winter.

Red wedding might become black wedding or something similar. The numerous named weapons and armors in GoT could be introduced with an altered but recognizable name and appearance. Characters could have similar names and personalities to GoT. I am not even a game of thrones fan, I've never watched a whole episode or cracked open any of the books, but I have been so steeped in the references all over the place I was able to write out the above. I am confident a true GoT fan can come up with a lot more ideas to borrow.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Some Celestians escaped. When Celestia was plunged into watery doom by the release of the storm Titan, the majority of the inhabitants drowned. A few particularly disturbed inhabitants lingered on as ghosts. Some inhabitants, possibly not the technologically advanced species we think of as Celestians, left living descendants in the Floating Land. The floating land occupants lost all but the faintest traces of Celestian high technology but gained a certain empathy with nature spirits.

However, it was a whole world (I know a spiral world does not quite equal a planet, but that's how I think of it), it would not be out of place if some of these people escaped the calamity and fled to another part of the spiral. How? Well by hiring/stealing/capturing or most boringly just building a fleet of ships. Ships traveling between the worlds of the Spiral is the foundation of the Pirate101 game, and there is potential for a tie-in or crossover adventure here.

The escapees perhaps deliberately hid themselves, desperately trying to escape domination or destruction by the umbra queen (aka Morganthe) and her army of minions. Clues to this colony's existence and/or location might be found in Khrysalis, Morganthe's stronghold. The Professor might have something to say about this tremendous upheaval of the past, which he may have experienced in the present of one of his many incarnations.

Interacting with Celestians, the inventors of astral magic, would give the game developers a good excuse to introduce any new astral spells they have been playing with. Perhaps astral spells that require shadow pips somehow, worked out as a secret weapon to help fend off the Shadow Queen if she ever caught up with the refugees.

Building a whole world around escaped Celestians, in effect making Celestia part 2, is probably too much. But they could be an interesting subplot in a larger world that has at least one other culture and history.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Perhaps we could have a world dedicated to Roman mythology and bits of ancient Roman history. I know we already have Aquila, which is based on Greek mythology, but Aquila is only a small side world dedicated to farmable dungeons. What I have in mind would be a full mainline world based on ancient Rome.

The main big bad might be a version of Mars, the Roman God of war. Ancient Rome was an incredibly militaristic state and openly worshipped Mars as a figure of virtue, but other cultures saw him differently. The Greeks included a similar figure, Ares, in their mythology, but the Greeks did not so much worship Ares as vilify him for all the destruction and hardship war caused. I propose the Rome W101 world use the name Mars but give him the Greek negative attributes: bloodthirstiness, destruction, chaos, and senseless death.

The W101 version of Rome would be an apparently shining and glorious part of the spiral, but as the player's wizard explores it, dark undercurrents become apparent that give the place a much darker feel. Most of the work is done by slaves captured by military conquest. Success in battle is regarded as more important than all other virtues. Genocide is considered business as usual. Most of the wealth and all of the art are stolen from conquered cultures.

The various henchmen the questing wizard battles might have names taken from positions in the Roman army. Velites, hastati, principes, triarii, legionaries, and auxilia. Leaders would be decurians, centurians, and legates. Military units are organized into legions, cohorts, and maniples. The nominal leader of the Roman state, the mortal answerable to Mars, might be a consul who has followed Julius Caesar's example and seized power as dictator -- in Roman law dictator was an official position granted to a consul giving extraordinary but short term emergency powers; however Caesar abused the position by maneuvering to make it permanent rather than temporary.

There might be a slave revolt, led by a Spartacus analogue. Freedom fighters in the slave revolt might take their names from classes of Roman gladiators: retarius, secutor, samnite, etc. The revolt is in the process of being bloodily crushed when the wizard happens along to save the day, of course.

Other deities from the Roman pantheon might interact with Mars. Most would probably oppose him or at least be indifferent, but perhaps a couple become his allies. The allies could be painted as unsavory types and taken from the darker bits of Roman mythology, perhaps Mars is assisted by Pluto, god of death and the underworld, and Bacchus, god of drunken licentiousness. One of the more benevolent Roman deities, such as Jupiter, Apollo or Juno, might become the questing wizard's advisor in his adventures.

The cult of Vesta, traditionally presided over by the Vestal virgins, was an integral part of the Roman state. The W101 world might include some version of the cult of Vesta. Perhaps some miscreant associated with Mars, maybe a follower of Bacchus, threatens the purity of a vestal. You probably can't use the word virgin or directly imply rape in a kid's game, but you can give hints that make it clear to the older players.

There are many, many bits of Roman mythology that could be incorporated, far more than I can list here. Perhaps a KingsIsle employee or two could read one of the many good books on Greco-Roman mythology out there, try to filter out the Greek stuff and concentrate on the Roman, and expand on what I have written above.