Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You decide on a new world!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
hmmmk wrote:
BlackIce had some really great ideas that I'd be interested in seeing! :)

I'd also like to see those that Firlan suggested.

What about some worlds that are stylized, such as Salvador Dali, Pablo Picaso, Renoir, Paul Klee, M.C. Escher, George Pierre Seurat, or even more cartoony? Could even be just one world that encompasses running through these artists famous works.

Interesting would be a world of optical illusions.

Underground, such as from the point of view of worms, ants, groundhogs, etc.

Land of entirely plants - orchards, vegetable gardens, flower gardens, meadows, etc.

World of musical instruments or musical objects such as sheet music or victrola's

Ancient Greece or Rome

Nordic Vikings

A world only in the sky

Playground or school building setting

A world in the trees or in a single tree with with things like tree houses, monkeys, flying squirrels, etc.

A gypsy world

Candy or sweets world with gingerbread people

A ghost town or the wild west

A cyber world, encompassed in a computer.

In a typical home, but from the view of a mouse or "The Borrowers"

In a book with a story like Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn or Pippi Longstocking.

World full of crystals, prisms & rainbows - all just color and sparkles

Only soft things, like pillows, marshmallows, clouds, etc. Could include super, sticky sweet, cutesy critters

A mansion or castle with hidden or secret passages.

A mystery world with famous detectives and a mystery to solve. Sherlock Homes, Hercule Poirot, Charlie Chan, Nancy Drew, Sam Spade, Perry Mason, etc.

Silent film or Roaring Twenties world.

Pablo Picasso! 2 s's!

But i love the ideas.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
What about a world inside a book ? And in this world, the menu (usually book-looking) would look like something else.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2008
I really like the idea of a world where you are really small and you have to fight bugs and that sort of thing.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2008
How about a world inside a tornado? The "commons" area would look like a bunch of houses, buildings, streets, etc. that have been ripped up from the ground and are being thrown around in an non-stop vortex. The eye of the tornado would be where you fight all the bad guys.

There could also be some kind of optical illusion or puzzle world, where everything is a series of slides, bridges, tunnels, and ladders that is located inside of a twisting Rubik's cube.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
I think that there should be a swamp world so Balstrom has a world, where the residence are all frogs , or an icy world for Greyrose where everyone is little faries.

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Zeldaii wrote:
mkuliani wrote:
I like the idea of the Honey I Shrunk The Kids theme with big blades of grass and mushrooms, etc.

And conversely, a world where you are a giant.

How about a world that is almost purely flying? Not any kind of jet-fighter z-axis thing, just an environment that makes you feel high in the sky with cloud walls. The whole time, instead of running like normal, you would be flying on a broom/carpet/bird. A large zeppelin city would be a nice touch.

Greek/Roman world, togas ftw!

Fairgrounds world! The different parts are themed after the mini-games that you play to fill your mana. :)

I love a flight themed place! And for the higher levels they can pay to train for an ability to summon like a pet dradon to fly on, or that you could use your flying pets to ride on!

Wow that would be awesome, riding dragons. :D

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
My crystal ball say there is a dismension where the battle of the tritons still goes on. :D :D :D

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
An asbract world where you walk on some stairs but its a trick of the eye and you end up like completely upside down (Or so it would seem) by walking on the same set of stairs. It would be an awesome world filled with tricks and teasers until you get so frustrated with it ;) (Muahaha i would love that)

A war world, each street/ sub secion of the world could be split into a war set in factual time, the revolution, world war 1 + 2 ect. People might learn a bit from the quests to and be able to take a side in the quests :)

A famous monument land? Have quests to unlock different famous monuments eg Stonehenge, Mount Everest ect

Im so tired so im not thinking straight but i may add more :)

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
I went to the thing in austin and there might be one named Dragon Spire, but thats all I know.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
Being someone that love farm animals why not a world based on the theme of a farm? The good guys could be various animals such as horses, cows, pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, etc. The bad guys could be foxes, coyotes, weasels, and other such animals that would get after your farm animals.

Another idea would be a Safari based world. I've often wondered what part Sir Reginald Baxby (Zebra guy) plays in the grand scheme of things and where in the Spiral does he come from? It could be the obvious predetar vs. prey type theme. The predetars (lions, hyenas, leopards, chetahs, vultures, etc. ) being the bad guys and the prey animals (rhinos, girrafes, elephants, zebras, wildebeast, antelopes, ostrich, etc. ) being the good guys.

Crazy idea but how about a world where you actually play as your pet! Personally I'd love to run aroud... well fly around... as one of my pets. As for the world itself it could be something like Wizard City where there are different areas that are all different (to somewhat account for the many different pets). Quest ideas could be the pet actually trying to convince the other animals that being a wizard's companion isn't all that bad. Therefore some of the bad guys could be pet animals that are rebelling against the wizards because they are convinced that they are trying to make the animals their slaves.

As an addition to those that suggested the Ancient Greek or Rome theme. The outfits could either be togas and the like or gladiator uniforms. It would be interesting to say the least.

I love the idea of having a dragon themed world where the wizards get to meet the different dragon races. Storm Dragons, Fire Dragons, Ice Dragons, Death Dragons, Life Dragons, Balance Dragons, not real sure how you'd do Myth Dragon since dragons are supposed to be a "mythical creature" to begin with. LOL

I think having a world somehow set all in the mountains would be neat. Not real sure how you would set it up, but it would be interesting.

One thing I can say... if the "Tundra World" idea gets used... pets should definately include penguins! Silly I know... LOL

With Mooshu being themed after a Japenese style place it opens up the idea to world themed after different countries. I think having one themed after Australia/New Zealand would be pretty neat.

That's about all I got for now. If I think of more I'll be sure to get them in here.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2008
I really think there should be a purely waterthemed class, and a spiral world like Atlantis and the outfits make you into like merpeople and stuff, or shark people.

Sure there is storm and ice. but its not the same.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2008
Grizzleholm.
That name is mentioned in the Marleybone histories IIRC?

Sounds like a Storm World to me.

Now, lots of good ideas in this thread but the "Zardox Game Design Award " goes to...

*Drum Roll*
Aessa422! for this idea:

Aessa422 wrote:
An asbract world where you walk on some stairs but its a trick of the eye and you end up like completely upside down (Or so it would seem) by walking on the same set of stairs. It would be an awesome world filled with tricks and teasers until you get so frustrated with it ;) (Muahaha i would love that)

This idea is not new. Psychonauts did it as did the PS2 game Gauntlet (Remake of the Arcade game only better)

There is no gravity in Virtual Worlds.... so why do most designers put it in and allow it to constrain them?

Think outside the box... it's magic!

Survivor
May 28, 2008
How about a "Honey I Shrunk The Wizards" world. The entire world could be located inside Merl Ambrose's house, or one of the other existing locations in the game. You could give the whole thing a kind of Alice in Wonderland theme perhaps.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2008
I think that we should have a world were the dragons/titans went to diebecouse that would be cool like you walk through dragon bone buildings and fight undead titans and stuff like that

And a world full of werebeast sutch as werewolves werecats weredogs wererabits...

One like atlantis/sci fi futuristic world would be pretty cool to

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Being someone that love farm animals why not a world based on the theme of a farm? The good guys could be various animals such as horses, cows, pigs, rabbits, chickens, ducks, goats, sheep, etc. The bad guys could be foxes, coyotes, weasels, and other such animals that would get after your farm animals.

Another idea would be a Safari based world. I've often wondered what part Sir Reginald Baxby (Zebra guy) plays in the grand scheme of things and where in the Spiral does he come from? It could be the obvious predetar vs. prey type theme. The predetars (lions, hyenas, leopards, chetahs, vultures, etc. ) being the bad guys and the prey animals (rhinos, girrafes, elephants, zebras, wildebeast, antelopes, ostrich, etc. ) being the good guys.

Crazy idea but how about a world where you actually play as your pet! Personally I'd love to run aroud... well fly around... as one of my pets. As for the world itself it could be something like Wizard City where there are different areas that are all different (to somewhat account for the many different pets). Quest ideas could be the pet actually trying to convince the other animals that being a wizard's companion isn't all that bad. Therefore some of the bad guys could be pet animals that are rebelling against the wizards because they are convinced that they are trying to make the animals their slaves.

As an addition to those that suggested the Ancient Greek or Rome theme. The outfits could either be togas and the like or gladiator uniforms. It would be interesting to say the least.

I love the idea of having a dragon themed world where the wizards get to meet the different dragon races. Storm Dragons, Fire Dragons, Ice Dragons, Death Dragons, Life Dragons, Balance Dragons, not real sure how you'd do Myth Dragon since dragons are supposed to be a "mythical creature" to begin with. LOL

I think having a world somehow set all in the mountains would be neat. Not real sure how you would set it up, but it would be interesting.

One thing I can say... if the "Tundra World" idea gets used... pets should definately include penguins! Silly I know... LOL

With Mooshu being themed after a Japenese style place it opens up the idea to world themed after different countries. I think having one themed after Australia/New Zealand would be pretty neat.

That's about all I got for now. If I think of more I'll be sure to get them in here.

Exellent! It might be wierd to make a Balence Dragon though...

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008

"Dragonspyre" is a world that might have dragons,I think Sir Reginald Baxby is from MooShu,and the 3 worlds after Wizard City already have some of those animals.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2008
like marleybone is a city but it is old i think you should have a city in mondern age and brighter and something new

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
I say do a zelda themed world THAT would R-O-C-K! :D :D :D

totally cool that SOMEONE has good taste in video game ideas
:) :) :-) :-) :D :D

Survivor
Jun 09, 2008
How about an insect world, possibly located in a flower garden type world, maybe it could have an old south type theme. With various bugs making up the bad guys...Mantids, bees, wasps, beetles, ants, etc.

Maybe a toy world, everything could be made from building blocks and bad toys could be running amok.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
I wonder what's in Celsia,a Marleybonian and a merchant in Wizard City both mention having valuables from it stolen.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2008
About the Underwater world:
What if there was an overworld and underworld? The underworld has all the fish and merpeople, while the overworld can focus on Pirates, Islands, other stuff. Some bosses for the overworld could be a Kraken, a ghost ship, and a sea drake.

Now for original ideas:
A sky palace would be cool. Think of like a floating mount olympus. The area could be superbright and beautiful, another part could be in a war with a lot of thunder clouds.

A Japanese-themed world is cool too. It can be split in to the Feudal world (focusing on mythology and legend) and the Modern world (Robots & weapons & Radioactive monsters, Oh MY!) Cant forget about martial arts (Hi-YAH!).

And as a parody of american culture, we need a circus world. Ebil Klowns, enough said.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
Zeldaii wrote:
I really think there should be a purely waterthemed class, and a spiral world like Atlantis and the outfits make you into like merpeople and stuff, or shark people.

Sure there is storm and ice. but its not the same.

Thanks for the Expansion of my idea! I love the water. There should be magic water cards like a Tsunami and a Hurricane and the teacher could be a fish in a large tank and the Water Tree, named Atlantis, could be in an aquarium and you could swim with him! That'd be SOO FLIPPIN COOL!

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
BlackIce wrote:
How about an Atlantis themed world. All under water with mermaids and mermen, fish, sharks, coral, and more.

thats what i was thinking lol if any of you have played rogue galaxy their water planet had fish people that could kind of be modelled into krokotillian like fish people

but personnaly a pirate place would be cool for me ;)

PS: so many people and the atantis idea i think i smell the fifth world coming up lol

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
I think that there will be a new world that will be like a fire world. It's hard to discripe but i do think that there will be a world of fire.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
How about a journey to the moon, but it's a fantastical view of the moon shuch as the idea that the moon was made of cheese. There could be bubbling pits, smoking craters, slimy ozzes, tentacled monsters, multi-hued sky and clouds, low gravity effects, etc... Maybe we could be going there to find a new home for the gobblers. The inhabitants could include giant hamsters who live in giant bubble cities (hamster cages) with exercise wheels and such.