How can there be all these pages and no one's suggested an alternate reality where a benevolent Malestaire is grooming students to combat an evil Ambrose?
Twist up the alternate versions of Wizard City populated by a mix of student wizards as well as the existing monsters...with the monsters sometimes siding with the players. To REALLY flip it around...make the streets 'safe' for players with the alternate reality students spawning and patrolling the sidewalks.
In Warlock City, the players are the 'monsters'...with the locals attempting to stamp out the Ambrose sympathizers.
Now, lots of good ideas in this thread but the "Zardox Game Design Award " goes to...
*Drum Roll* Aessa422! for this idea:
An asbract world where you walk on some stairs but its a trick of the eye and you end up like completely upside down (Or so it would seem) by walking on the same set of stairs. It would be an awesome world filled with tricks and teasers until you get so frustrated with it ;) (Muahaha i would love that)
There is no gravity in Virtual Worlds.... so why do most designers put it in and allow it to constrain them?
Think outside the box... it's magic!
Two things...I second the award. An Escher-esque/Labyrinth type world would be astounding. Each trip through a given door brings you to one of a number of identical landings with stairs on the ceiling where you can see your friends 'hanging' upside down.
Another thought that popped up when you said to think outside the box...Anyone heard of Ender's Game? Orson Scott Card? Can you see fitting Wizard101 into the motif of the Battle School? Something akin to The Cube...a repeating sequence of rooms distinguishable only by color changes. Talk about thinking outside the box.
I think it would be fun an island world, where you arrive to an tribal place with missions to different islands. - On one of the islands you deal with an robinson crusoe adventure, where instanced you deal with different island-dangers and canibals missions. - On an other island you get into a pirate city and join adventures with them, maybe also with a crew that helps you. - Maybe there are on other island enemy tribes, reflecting inca and maya culture with adventures. - Or you find the jurassic park island. - also King Kong could be a worth adventure.
I think a cool world would be...the Stormy Skies! It would be called "Thundertown" and it'd have many Storm monsters. The last battle would be a Rank 15 Hypnotized Triton battle, where it's like the Sunken City, and you have a variety of quests to get there. Storm Lord, being a Storm monster, would have 10300 health, even though he's Rank 25. He would have three servant's that are called "Thunder Thrashers" and they are Rank 8 monsters that have lightning shaped nails, and they look like miny Tritons. It'd be very dark, and rain would come down at all times, and sometimes, you'd see lightning in the sky!
My idea of the final world...Malastaire's Mansion. It is very, very, VERY big. The final boss is him himself, but the thing is...Cyrus Drake, his twin brother, is also helping him! Malastaire is a Rank 100 Death enemy, with 3000000 health. Being a Level 500 wizard would be too risky for this battle. Cyrus Drake would be a Rank 100 Myth enemy, with 2500000 health. Malastaire starts the battle with a Death Blade, and Cyrus Drake starts with a Minotaur minion, which would be around by the time this came out. Malastaire Drake has a 75% power pip chance, and by the time he gets the Death 25% to all spells, Death Trap, and other preparations ready, he'd use a Harvest Lord! Death spells do NOTHING to him, and Myth spells do NOTHING to Cyrus. Cyrus gets his preparations, and once he's ready, he uses an Earthquake. The two are VERY hard, so the best team would be a Storm/Life/Fire/Life types. Two life's could heal, Storm and Fire could attack. Yeah, it's difficult. :P
I would like to see worlds with LESS grinding and more puzzle solving quests with minimal battling (getting tagged by wondering mob or something). I have seen a few of these in instances but it was also mixed with dozens of boss fights after fights after fight...etc, aka ( storm tomb quests ) almost made me want to quit the game. something oppisite of this would be great!
(Think 'Myst' for the puzzles Im thinking about)
I will leave this task of creating this to the devlopers, I sure with all of the posts in this thread They can come up with something. ;)
I think there should be one world related to all the schools of magic. For Death something with ghosts,vampires,bats and all things like that. Storm maybe somewhere in the sky. Fire hm...on a volcano maybe Life erm....in a forest..where fairytales characters live.. Myth i think some medieval world with castle rulled by a king who have a wizard beeing his right hand.
How about a tropical island vacation theme (gone amok). You could have storm-ravaged beaches, sunken pirate ship wrecks, underwater choral reefs infested with sharks, abandoned resort hotels, jungles full of restless natives, an active volcano, a hidden pirate cove, mermaids and hints of atlantis, etc. You could word-play around the legends of lost ships and aircraft, famous explores and pirates, and the bermuda triangle.
I would like to see a world before the spiral was created. Some sort of magical time rift. In it we could see all the trees as saplings and understad more history of the raven and the grandfather tree. We could even see Ambroise as a young wizard!
I would love to find a world of heavenly angels and devilish devils , with cherubs and gorgoyles. It would be nice to see the angels in beautiful white and soft pastel wings and the devils are red , purple , or green with burning eyes. The world would be a mystical place with clouds as the streets where the angels are and firy smoke as the streets of the devils. It would be a world of good versus the bad and the experience of being there would leave you deep in thought of is it really like this in heaven or hell ?
i would like to see a world that reflects a classic computer game,the enemies could be hackers and the big boss is a hacker who uses famous villain moves(fire breath,stomp,others i can't think of :D :D :D
I think there should be a parrelel universe where famous dead people like DaVinci, Thomas Edison , george washington, and henry Ford are still alive and you have to help them complete their famous inventions like the Mona Lisa or Henry Ford's first car and Thomas Edison's inventions like electricity and thl lightbulb.
i think there should be a funny world possibly related to Dr. Suess! and the enemies would be the creatures he created in his books. maybe a boss could be those three people from the book "hop on pop" XD
A forest canopy world, where everything is on or in the branches of great trees. There would be all sorts of trees from mountain evergreens covered with snow and moss to viney jungle shrowded in damp mists. The inhabitants are all sorts of tree-dwelling creatures: Squirels, birds, owls (relatives of Ambrose's owl?) , bats, snakes, monkeys, fairies, dryads, pixies, etc. There could be lumberjack camps and log flumes manned by beavers, giant bee hives with giant honeycombs, maple syrup rivers, ..gasp.. is that smoke from a forest fire? Does someone have a spiral key to this world, or is it lost forever?
I was talking to my son last night and he said that it would be really cool if there was a jungle world with lots of jungle animals and tribes. I thought about that for a moment and said that I agree , that would be cool. He said you could have pits and quicksand pools where you fall into them and end up in another location in the jungle. He said it would be luscious and full of green forest folliage and have cool tribes you have to fight in quest. . A difference from fighting animals all the time or ghouls. He said it would also be challenging if you had to do a tribel dance, figure out a puzzle , or clue to advance to the next level. So King's Isle, how about a cool jungle world surprisely found on the spiral?