Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Players

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 30, 2009
I have a question, if you play the game buy purchasing crowns for each area, are those unlocked areas open forever on that account? Or do you have to purchase these areas each month like with a sibscription? Also, if you were to go that route instead of subscribing, how many crowns would you need to unlock the entire game, all worlds that are available now? I would assume that it would be close to the yearly amount you would pay, say, if you bought a years subscription but I could be wrong. Just curious about which would be better as far as spending money. I am currently a subscribing member with my son on a family account but was trying to figure out what would cost the least in the long run.

Administrator
If you buy an area with Crowns, you own access to that area for all characters on that account login FOREVER. You never need to repurchase an area for a different character on that account login.

The price in Crowns for all the worlds and areas is
Wizard City: 3 000
Krokotopia: 11 895
Marleybone: 12 000
MooShu: 12 000
Dragonspyre:10 800
Grizzleheim: 9 975
Grand Total: 59 669

Of you purchase a block of 60000 Crowns for $80 you can afford to purchase permanent access to all the worlds of the Spiral. This is the same as the regular yearly subscription price.

All this information can be found at
https://www.wizard101.com/game/areapricing

Paying on a pay as you go basis is great for players who progress at a slower pace, as it allows you to buy only the next area that you need, without worrying about getting your money's worth in play time for the price of your monthly subscription.

Now that we have the ability for players to transfer Crowns between members of a Family of Accounts, you can control when Crowns are transferred into your child's account, and therefore ensure that they are being spent wisely. Many parents use this feature as a reward system, to allow them to allocate Crowns to their child's account when the child has earned them.

I hope that answers your question, but if you have more, do let us know. You can also alternatively reach us at community@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com