Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
I got the wizard dreams.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2012
i always get home thinking about my plants and about training pets lol... log off and still hear the music lol. play wizard without sound and still hear the spell sounds lol, i guess i record them in my mind hehe, thinking on what to do next because you got tired of questing or farming.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
Just bought membership

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
When you have the INTENSE Celestia Battle Music stuck in your head, humming.

Valdus SC, Level 57

Survivor
Aug 02, 2016
kanatira on Mar 16, 2010 wrote:
My best friend and I both play the game. I'll sit there and scratch behind his ear and he'll act like a gobbler. OMG We both crack up laughing and any of our friends that don't play just look at us like we've lost it!
i do this with my girlfriend quite a lot. my parents are weirded out by it though.

William Darkheart
level 26
Death & Myth

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
When you mute the volume on your computer so the music doesn't get stuck in your head and you start whistling it everywhere.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
You know you play W101 too much when you have bought heaps of memberships. Yearly ones. And crowns.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
kathey3553 on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Chronologically, it would be:

Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, Dragonspyre, Grizzleheim, Celestia, Wysteria, Zafaria, Avalon, Azteca, Khrysalis, and Polaris. I'm sure they'll add more worlds in future updates.
Thats the order they show up in when you go to the world tree, but not the order you unlock them in.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
And you have a meal a little bit later than others planned.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
The phrase "Just a minute, this battle is almost done" Is heard frequently in your household.

You hear the Wizard 101 theme song in your sleep.

Hero
May 07, 2015
I may have a few....

1: staying up till 5,o clock in the morning to get to a new world or farming a boss for a piece of gear
2: your on a LONG trip and think, "too bad I cannot teleport to my house right now" (guilty)
3: you be a character from wiz for Halloween
4: you are getting ready to clean your room, and think, "too bad I don't have an attic I can put my stuff into" (guilty)
5: whenever your swimming with a friend at a pool or a beach and the friend doesn't know you play wiz, you splash them and shout, TEMPEST!!!!!!!!!!

Miranda jade song level 97 wiz.

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
PvP King on Jan 9, 2012 wrote:
Skipping supper and lunch just to play
I skip breakfast and then eat right before lunch

Survivor
Jul 21, 2016
1 - You try to put what that little leprechaun guy on the two-pip Life spell says through Google Translate, to see if you can figure out what he's actually saying.

2 - You heard it enough times to be pretty sure at one point he's saying "PS4."

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Awgeewhiz on Sep 30, 2009 wrote:
6. You are walking down the street and randomly pick up sticks, rocks and pieces of scrap metal.

5. You come to a Yellow Yeild sign and get ready to cast a spell.

4. You have a bumper sticker that says "I do not break for golems."

3. You favorite soda is anything that dosen't fizzle.

2. You make a cardbaord sign that reads "Need Help?" and go stand on a street corner.

1. You request to be paid in Crowns in real life.
I love these!
I liked reading everyone's but these are hilarious.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011

Well I'm here aren't I?

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
  • Three words: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Your friends list is full and..well... darn it...they just need to allow you to have a bigger list

• You find yourself sneaking away to the computer during the night while everyone is asleep
  • You bring a bag lunch, a cooler, and a catheter to the computer. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of your computer with a toilet

• Your desk collapses under the weight of your game manuals, maps, notes, quest instructions, boss drops list, and character-building notes

• You set up a Facebook page for your character
  • You don’t watch TV anymore. You don't sleep anymore. You don't go out anymore. Your dog leaves you.
  • You think moving the mouse around is exercise
  • When your wife says "If you don't turn off that machine and come to bed, then I want a divorce!", you tell your game buddies, “I don’t know about you, but I plan to hunt ‘til dawn!”
  • You play the game for 16 hours straight hoping a certain "special" person will be online soon
  • Your relationship in WIZARD101 has gone farther than any you have had in real life
  • You have to be pried from your computer by the "Jaws of Life"
  • You tell your spouse, "Just let me finish this quest; then I’ll come to bed." 5 hours later, you’re still working on it
  • You call Pizza Hut and try to order 2 goat cheese pizzas for your dog
  • You’re outside on a smoke break at work… a dragonfly buzzes by you and you say, "free king Evil Imps!"
  • The teacher asks you, "Is everyone ready for the test?" you say, "Hold On! Let me cast Blade first!"
  • You look at your daughter and think, "I really should help her level some".
  • You have to lock up your peridot athame because the cats next door are beginning to look like good xp.

• You ask a friend, "What's that big shiny thing in the sky?" He says, "It's the sun."

• Explorer
    Jul 18, 2014
    Ravenna3 on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
  • Three words: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Your friends list is full and..well... darn it...they just need to allow you to have a bigger list

• You find yourself sneaking away to the computer during the night while everyone is asleep
  • You bring a bag lunch, a cooler, and a catheter to the computer. You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of your computer with a toilet

• Your desk collapses under the weight of your game manuals, maps, notes, quest instructions, boss drops list, and character-building notes

• You set up a Facebook page for your character
  • You don’t watch TV anymore. You don't sleep anymore. You don't go out anymore. Your dog leaves you.
  • You think moving the mouse around is exercise
  • When your wife says "If you don't turn off that machine and come to bed, then I want a divorce!", you tell your game buddies, “I don’t know about you, but I plan to hunt ‘til dawn!”
  • You play the game for 16 hours straight hoping a certain "special" person will be online soon
  • Your relationship in WIZARD101 has gone farther than any you have had in real life
  • You have to be pried from your computer by the "Jaws of Life"
  • You tell your spouse, "Just let me finish this quest; then I’ll come to bed." 5 hours later, you’re still working on it
  • You call Pizza Hut and try to order 2 goat cheese pizzas for your dog
  • You’re outside on a smoke break at work… a dragonfly buzzes by you and you say, "free king Evil Imps!"
  • The teacher asks you, "Is everyone ready for the test?" you say, "Hold On! Let me cast Blade first!"
  • You look at your daughter and think, "I really should help her level some".
  • You have to lock up your peridot athame because the cats next door are beginning to look like good xp.

• You ask a friend, "What's that big shiny thing in the sky?" He says, "It's the sun."
  • lol

Explorer
    Jul 18, 2014
    dreaming about the game

Survivor
    Aug 29, 2010
    I think I fall into that category . But anyways, ways I think that you've played Wiz101 to much

#5 You spend all your money on the game (I've spent money but now all of it )

#4 When you set up a spot with a cooler for drinks and some snacks so you're ready for the day

#3 Bring you're laptop/device that you can play wizard101 on instead of working at school / work

#2 Play for so long that you forgot what day it is (that hasn't happened to me yet )

#1 Never get any sleep for a couple days (might do that tonight )

Survivor
    Aug 29, 2010
    sun girl1122 on Oct 24, 2016 wrote:
    I may have a few....

1: staying up till 5,o clock in the morning to get to a new world or farming a boss for a piece of gear
    2: your on a LONG trip and think, "too bad I cannot teleport to my house right now" (guilty)
    3: you be a character from wiz for Halloween
    4: you are getting ready to clean your room, and think, "too bad I don't have an attic I can put my stuff into" (guilty)
    5: whenever your swimming with a friend at a pool or a beach and the friend doesn't know you play wiz, you splash them and shout, TEMPEST!!!!!!!!!!

Miranda jade song level 97 wiz.
    I am going to do that next time I go to the pool even though I will sound and look like a homicidal maniac

I have currently 3 mains right now; James level 44 level 42 level 7 (going to get him high)

Survivor
    Aug 11, 2014
    nirvair150 on Sep 23, 2016 wrote:
    When you have the INTENSE Celestia Battle Music stuck in your head, humming.

Valdus SC, Level 57
    I was in Celestia so long I thought that every world had that battle music LOL Soon Avalon's is gonna be stuck in my head.

<Logan Goldcatcher LVL 76

Survivor
    Aug 11, 2014
    Necromancer Mark D... on Aug 19, 2016 wrote:
    This one is absolutely majestic...

In school, you are asked to do a report on Rome.

Since you are addicted to Wizard101, it will take you only 48 hours.
    In school, you read out your report to the class and no one gets it.

"In Rome, all the cities are separated into three tiers. All of them are inhabited by scary dragons, zombies, giant spiders, and ghost knights. There are also warlords that help people out, but they have silly Eastern European accents.
    On Tier 1, there are out-of-place towers where they store crystals, but the zombies guard them. Evil pirates run riots in the streets too. There's even a plaza where you can farm a giant demon elephant to get an evil grim reaper for a pet! You'll reach a giant chasm where they have vaults where the enemies are totally overpowered, too.
    On Tier 2, you can stop at a town where a sassy crystal ghost sends you to a hatchery haunted by even more ghost knights! Then you go through a battle arena where they wear turtleneck sweaters that cover half of their face!
    On Tier 3, you can enroll in an academy that only teaches pyromancy and necromancy, and a weird place surrounded by green and purple crystals!
    It's all dominated by a volcano where an evil wizard commandeers a giant dragon!!!"

You ended up failing the test.
    Wait isn't Valencia, Italy? Rome is in Italy. I always thought Dragonsprye was Germany (atleast that's what I thought you were talking about). But other than that great story!

Survivor
    Mar 19, 2010
    Professor Greyrose on Sep 18, 2009 wrote:
    Diary of a Wizard (a now closed fansite) has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Too Much Wizard101

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU’VE BEEN PLAYING TOO MUCH WIZARD101
    (As if there IS such a thing!)
    10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.
    9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.
    8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.
    7. When driving or riding in a car, you keep looking at the dashboard for a yellow arrow to tell you which direction to go and how many more steps until you get there.
    6. When you reply to a text message sent to your phone, you press the “r” key and don’t understand why you don’t immediately see a text box.
    5. You’re on a first-name basis with the employees at your neighborhood 7-11 (or wherever you buy Wizard 101 gift cards).
    4. The employees know the name of at least one of your wizards, and ask you which wizard will get the pet from this particular gift card.
    3. You’ve had a dream about leveling up.
    2. You’ve had a dream about Merle Ambrose summoning you to his office (bonus points if he does NOT have a yellow exclamation point over his head).
    1. You’ve had a dream about Wizard 101 announcing a seventh chair will be available in each player’s classroom, and you rushed to your computer the next morning to finally start a wizard from the seventh school on your account.

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!

Explorer
    Oct 11, 2010
    SparkleTude on Oct 20, 2016 wrote:
    The phrase "Just a minute, this battle is almost done" Is heard frequently in your household.

You hear the Wizard 101 theme song in your sleep.
    I am guilty of this quote.

Explorer
    Mar 14, 2011
    number three. I've had quite a few dreams about w101.
    Also had a few about playing with my crushes.