Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
Something I couldn't believe nobody really talked about was the H.P lovecraft relation that Kingsisle keeps making. The spell 'Khrulhu' is based on a monster H.P lovecraft wrote about called "C'thulhu" , and also in Khrysalis, someone there quotes :

"In her house at Shogg, Dead Morganthe waits dreaming."

this is a reference to a text that H.P lovecraft made involving the creature C'thulhu:

"In his house at rl'yeh, Dead C'thulhu waits dreaming"

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
Here are some easter eggs I found in each world

Wizard City- I can't really think of anything (except Aqualia but that is kinda obvious)

Krokotopia- It is based on ancient Egyptian times, there were a few enemies (I forget who) but they are referencing three different KI employees. There is also Captain Salalabad and that is about all I could find

Marleybone- Marleybone is loosely based off of London, there is Barkingham Palace which references Buckingham Palace, there is the Big Ben, and also a few Sherlock Holmes references, and Dr. Katenztein

Mooshu- Each of the pig demons is actually based off of a demon in Chinese Mythology, and the entire story is based off an actually story (the title escapes my mind) and there is also Moodha which is based off of Buddha

Dragonspyre- This world is purely based off of ancient Roman architecture and also "The Final Countdown" is referencing the song by Europe

Grizzlehiem+WIntertusk- Most of this this is based off of Norse mythology and lore

Celestia- Most of this world is referencing Atlantis

Zafaria- This world is based off of Africa, there is is Sobaka and Hannibal OneTusk. There is also Belloq which is a reference to Bellosh from "Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark" and he also has a golden idol sitting in his tent which also references the movie.

My hand is getting tired so I will eventually continue this

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
legosrock52 on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
Here are some easter eggs I found in each world

Wizard City- I can't really think of anything (except Aqualia but that is kinda obvious)

Krokotopia- It is based on ancient Egyptian times, there were a few enemies (I forget who) but they are referencing three different KI employees. There is also Captain Salalabad and that is about all I could find

Marleybone- Marleybone is loosely based off of London, there is Barkingham Palace which references Buckingham Palace, there is the Big Ben, and also a few Sherlock Holmes references, and Dr. Katenztein

Mooshu- Each of the pig demons is actually based off of a demon in Chinese Mythology, and the entire story is based off an actually story (the title escapes my mind) and there is also Moodha which is based off of Buddha

Dragonspyre- This world is purely based off of ancient Roman architecture and also "The Final Countdown" is referencing the song by Europe

Grizzlehiem+WIntertusk- Most of this this is based off of Norse mythology and lore

Celestia- Most of this world is referencing Atlantis

Zafaria- This world is based off of Africa, there is is Sobaka and Hannibal OneTusk. There is also Belloq which is a reference to Bellosh from "Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark" and he also has a golden idol sitting in his tent which also references the movie.

My hand is getting tired so I will eventually continue this
Wizard City - There is a great Wizard of Oz reference on Unicorn Way. The theater at the and of Firecat Alley is based on William Shakespeare's Globe Theater.

Just had to point these out

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Jun 03, 2017
Mellori's name is derived from a species of raven

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Nimbari ,,, Babylon 5 has Minbari

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Very nice one I can't believe I had not picked up before!

The NPC Zelda the PhantomKnight, the head hunter in Sardonyx that assists us in taking down Warlord Balor is a nice reference to the main character (and childhood hero) of the actual Nintendo Game Series; Zelda!