Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

so done with the cheating bosses.

AuthorMessage
Historian
Aug 18, 2011
656
I love cheat bosses. Hands down, my favorite thing in the game. There should be a warning though. How about an icon or different colour sigils? So players would expect tricks & could team up or maybe check a guide. I don't think a mild cheat is bad, even in the main line, but it seems unfair when you are into an instance, sometimes several fights in, then unexpectedly run into a boss that cheats. With Waterworks and BBT were were told at the door to expect that, but now it can pop up any time without warning.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
DaMaGeUnKnOwN on May 6, 2014 wrote:
Although I have never fought the boss you are speaking of,
I'm pretty done with reading complaints from storm school users.

So I will help you, even though storm has it all, it's an easy school.

Anyways, try doing what pvp "Warlords" that are storm do, spam low rank spells then finish with a high rank spell...

Or try and level until you have shadow school, it's all in using your resources. I'm very disappointed in KI for making shadow school, because it's all people use now and say that they're pro, but I'll admit it's helpful for KS.

Or try minions like someone else said on this forum. Use the resources. You'll be okay.
lol, try again.

your strengths and weaknesses are not going to be the same as mine. what's "easy" for an experienced gamer may not be "easy" for someone who does not have those same credentials. i shouldn't need to have those credentials to enjoy the game, nor should i be required to use a pvp mindset in pve.

and that's what it all comes down to. the entire point of this topic was that people of all skill levels play the game, including people like moi, who have never gamed a day in their lives and have zero creds. everyone should be able to complete the main arc quests, even a completely-inexperienced newbie on her first run through, who lacks the resources (time, money, friends) that a hardcore gamer has.

leave the cheats alone, but keep them out of the main storyline. if they absolutely must be there, for whatever reason, at least give us some sort of heads-up: flashing sigils, flames shooting out of my wizard's eyeballs, fish-paste-scented smoke pouring out of my laptop... anything, so i at least know that i'll be stuck there for a month. or until i have 2 days off in a row and can stay up all night to look for a group, whichever comes first.

if my schedule allowed me to play at peak hours and find teammates, this would be a non-issue.

-

(if any or all of this seems incoherent, that's because it's 4 in the morning my time)

-v.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
"everyone should be able to complete the main arc quests, even a completely-inexperienced newbie on her first run through"

Are you saying we should NEVER be defeated? If so, I disagree strongly. If the game was that easy I and many other would have quit long ago. And how can someone be a completely-inexperienced newbie
at level 90+? It doesn't make sense for the game to be so easy that anyone can solo anything with no skill and no prep. Obstacles shouldn't be insurmountable but there need to be some. I do agree with you and the others who asked for cheat warnings. Maybe there could be an icon on the quest in our log that indicates cheating.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
18
Dr Von on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
This is my third time through K1. My balance and death did fine, but storm is definitely struggling... we've been so left behind, in every sense, and I'm just sick to death of being bombarded with these near-impossible boss battles that, more often than not, I have to solo because there's no one online, even in the so-called crowded realms.

Anyway, I'm almost level 95 again and I'm in Tymen Nightflame's lair. Between his chain-stunning and cheat mana burn, I have no health and can't cast; any time I have the pips to cast something, I get mama burned. If I heal, I get stunned. It wastes my stun blocks that I need for when he stuns me with his school spell anyway. My deck is full of stun blocks, and I still can't keep up. And, without a mastery amulet, Unbalance is a waste of pips.

Come on, KI. I get that we're level 95 and stuff, but... this is above and beyond ridiculous. Cheating bosses should not be, and should never have been, required for the main storyline. I don't have time for this; it's a waste, in every sense of the word.

I am not a professional/hardcore type. I don't pvp; I am just an average player, looking for something fun to do after a long and crappy day at the office, not another full-time job. I work in an industry that tests my patience constantly, and that is what this game is becoming: work. A job that tests my patience and, as far as I'm concerned, that patience is already stretched to its limit and then some.

I don't have high hopes for K2. If anything, it's going to continue pushing the casual/fun set out; perhaps it's my fault, for assuming that a game is intended to be fun. The hardcore gamers can create their own challenges, KI; this ridiculousness cannot be made easier for those who are becoming increasingly frustrated with the staggering jump in difficulty. The second half of K1 is DS-Celestia, all over again.

I realize that no one cares about one player's opinion, and that mine is not the popular one. But, if the game continues down this path, I know I won't be the only one rage-quitting out of frustration.

Both of my subs are up in October. I sincerely doubt that I'll be renewing them.

-von
annoyed, stressed-out, extremely frustrated promethean x3
I Agree,I am a person who loves to do bane and pagoda but in bane tyrfing does like three turns in one turn Example: 1. Tyrfing casts stun then 2. he casts myth blade then 3. he casts humungofrog i was annoyed badly.
In pagoda,KuroKage Kurokage skips your turn when at around 600 health just to vampire you.
I really wish this didn't happen and small hint for bane: if you bring 2 adept or higher wizards the first grendels will be rank 5 and Erikur AxeBreaker is almost malistaire's rank Thank you! Ki Please remove this

James ShadowBlade 25

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
James ShadowBlade on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I Agree,I am a person who loves to do bane and pagoda but in bane tyrfing does like three turns in one turn Example: 1. Tyrfing casts stun then 2. he casts myth blade then 3. he casts humungofrog i was annoyed badly.
In pagoda,KuroKage Kurokage skips your turn when at around 600 health just to vampire you.
I really wish this didn't happen and small hint for bane: if you bring 2 adept or higher wizards the first grendels will be rank 5 and Erikur AxeBreaker is almost malistaire's rank Thank you! Ki Please remove this

James ShadowBlade 25
This post has nothing to do with the subject. You are talking about optional bonus dungeons, you KNOW they cheat and can look up the cheats. The OP is about removing cheats from storyline. While I disagree that cheats should be removed from the storyline, I do think there should be a warning like there is on the early cheat dungeons in Marleybone/Wisteria.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Dakota Death on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
"everyone should be able to complete the main arc quests, even a completely-inexperienced newbie on her first run through"

Are you saying we should NEVER be defeated? If so, I disagree strongly. If the game was that easy I and many other would have quit long ago. And how can someone be a completely-inexperienced newbie
at level 90+? It doesn't make sense for the game to be so easy that anyone can solo anything with no skill and no prep. Obstacles shouldn't be insurmountable but there need to be some. I do agree with you and the others who asked for cheat warnings. Maybe there could be an icon on the quest in our log that indicates cheating.
i'm all for obstacles, but they need to be surmountable... by everyone. not just the few and the proud, with the best of everything.

what i'm saying is that with preparation (and advanced warning of the cheats) a newbie on her first run through should be able to complete main-arc quests within a reasonable time frame and not have to be defeated 86 times while trying to complete a main-arc quest by herself; she should also not have to face a cheat boss that's hidden/disguised as a normal main-arc quest and be locked into a play-style that she is not prepared for.

-von

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Dr Von on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
i'm all for obstacles, but they need to be surmountable... by everyone. not just the few and the proud, with the best of everything.

what i'm saying is that with preparation (and advanced warning of the cheats) a newbie on her first run through should be able to complete main-arc quests within a reasonable time frame and not have to be defeated 86 times while trying to complete a main-arc quest by herself; she should also not have to face a cheat boss that's hidden/disguised as a normal main-arc quest and be locked into a play-style that she is not prepared for.

-von
That's a bit of a ridiculous overstatement of reality. The truth is, you fight a battle once and lose, now you know the cheats to expect. It's not 86 attempts without knowing the cheats and being unprepared. That's 85 defeats that you didn't pay attention and change strategy/setup. The truth is you are locked into certain patterns with cheating bosses, so what? You see it, you learn it, you lose, you adapt to it next time. You don't keep the same gear and card setup that just got you killed. Nothing in this game is insurmountable, it's just a matter of figuring out the right way for your wizard to surmount it.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
seethe42 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
That's a bit of a ridiculous overstatement of reality. The truth is, you fight a battle once and lose, now you know the cheats to expect. It's not 86 attempts without knowing the cheats and being unprepared. That's 85 defeats that you didn't pay attention and change strategy/setup. The truth is you are locked into certain patterns with cheating bosses, so what? You see it, you learn it, you lose, you adapt to it next time. You don't keep the same gear and card setup that just got you killed. Nothing in this game is insurmountable, it's just a matter of figuring out the right way for your wizard to surmount it.
well, someone who is brand-new might not think of it that way.

maybe they see it, but they don't know how to counter or tailor their deck properly. or maybe they don't see it at all... when i was a newbie, i wouldn't have known what some of those cheats were if the boss had walloped me over the head with them (and they did, often).

and yes, 86 was an exaggeration. but, with some of the gear setups i've seen in khrysalis, i wouldn't be surprised if that was someone's reality.

Delver
Sep 01, 2009
265
Dr Von on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
lol, try again.

your strengths and weaknesses are not going to be the same as mine. what's "easy" for an experienced gamer may not be "easy" for someone who does not have those same credentials. i shouldn't need to have those credentials to enjoy the game, nor should i be required to use a pvp mindset in pve.

and that's what it all comes down to. the entire point of this topic was that people of all skill levels play the game, including people like moi, who have never gamed a day in their lives and have zero creds. everyone should be able to complete the main arc quests, even a completely-inexperienced newbie on her first run through, who lacks the resources (time, money, friends) that a hardcore gamer has.

leave the cheats alone, but keep them out of the main storyline. if they absolutely must be there, for whatever reason, at least give us some sort of heads-up: flashing sigils, flames shooting out of my wizard's eyeballs, fish-paste-scented smoke pouring out of my laptop... anything, so i at least know that i'll be stuck there for a month. or until i have 2 days off in a row and can stay up all night to look for a group, whichever comes first.

if my schedule allowed me to play at peak hours and find teammates, this would be a non-issue.

-

(if any or all of this seems incoherent, that's because it's 4 in the morning my time)

-v.
This, this, this! I've been sick with the flu/summer cold/Ebola death virus for the past week, and have had the time to "grind away." But normally? I'm a seriously casual player, who sometimes doesn't log in for a week or more. And now I am faced with that Whiteflame guy. I'm ice, and between his heal stuns, normal stuns, and mana burn, there is no way I will be able to solo him. Since most of the people I started with no longer play, and the new friends I made a few days ago all have questing buddies, and are waaaay ahead of me in Khrysalis, I am stuck soloing.

I agree with Von: cheating bosses should not be part of the main storyline. If hard core players want major cheating bosses and 3-hour long instances, no problem. But we shouldn't be forced to deal with that in order to advance in the game. Shockingly, many of us do not have an unending supply of money we can spend on crowns for henchmen.

And I wouldn't even mind the fish-paste-scented smoke, since I'm so congested, I can't smell anything.

Erin Ice Weaver

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
593
Ice vs Whiteflame should go something like this:

Empowerment
Unbalance
Prism
Unbalance
Feint
trap
potent trap
blade
sharp blade
Frost Giant

Use Pierce TC if the boss shields.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2013
3
Dr Von on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
This is my third time through K1. My balance and death did fine, but storm is definitely struggling... we've been so left behind, in every sense, and I'm just sick to death of being bombarded with these near-impossible boss battles that, more often than not, I have to solo because there's no one online, even in the so-called crowded realms.

Anyway, I'm almost level 95 again and I'm in Tymen Nightflame's lair. Between his chain-stunning and cheat mana burn, I have no health and can't cast; any time I have the pips to cast something, I get mama burned. If I heal, I get stunned. It wastes my stun blocks that I need for when he stuns me with his school spell anyway. My deck is full of stun blocks, and I still can't keep up. And, without a mastery amulet, Unbalance is a waste of pips.

Come on, KI. I get that we're level 95 and stuff, but... this is above and beyond ridiculous. Cheating bosses should not be, and should never have been, required for the main storyline. I don't have time for this; it's a waste, in every sense of the word.

I am not a professional/hardcore type. I don't pvp; I am just an average player, looking for something fun to do after a long and crappy day at the office, not another full-time job. I work in an industry that tests my patience constantly, and that is what this game is becoming: work. A job that tests my patience and, as far as I'm concerned, that patience is already stretched to its limit and then some.

I don't have high hopes for K2. If anything, it's going to continue pushing the casual/fun set out; perhaps it's my fault, for assuming that a game is intended to be fun. The hardcore gamers can create their own challenges, KI; this ridiculousness cannot be made easier for those who are becoming increasingly frustrated with the staggering jump in difficulty. The second half of K1 is DS-Celestia, all over again.

I realize that no one cares about one player's opinion, and that mine is not the popular one. But, if the game continues down this path, I know I won't be the only one rage-quitting out of frustration.

Both of my subs are up in October. I sincerely doubt that I'll be renewing them.

-von
annoyed, stressed-out, extremely frustrated promethean x3
Oh geez Louis. First of all you guys need to quit complaining. If you don't like the game then stop playing and don't tell the world about it.
Secondly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I blew through AZ and K1. I am already an Exalted Pyromancer just starting out K2, and the only time I had trouble was when my internet would act up and lose connection. Of course soloing isn't the best idea; I had another Pyromancer one level below me questing with me, but we had absolutely no trouble at all, so get a good questing partner and stop wasting your time on here.
Although those of you complaining about the gear drops, really just from Tartarus, I hear you on that one. Many times I have gone through that dungeon and gotten 2 things from the brothers. They should probably fix that drop rate, but I honestly don't mind too much.

-Joseph Skywielder
Exalted Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
JosephSkyWielder on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Oh geez Louis. First of all you guys need to quit complaining. If you don't like the game then stop playing and don't tell the world about it.
Secondly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I blew through AZ and K1. I am already an Exalted Pyromancer just starting out K2, and the only time I had trouble was when my internet would act up and lose connection. Of course soloing isn't the best idea; I had another Pyromancer one level below me questing with me, but we had absolutely no trouble at all, so get a good questing partner and stop wasting your time on here.
Although those of you complaining about the gear drops, really just from Tartarus, I hear you on that one. Many times I have gone through that dungeon and gotten 2 things from the brothers. They should probably fix that drop rate, but I honestly don't mind too much.

-Joseph Skywielder
Exalted Pyromancer
Please don't attack people who have played this game a full two years longer than you and state that they don't know what they are doing. Von is an accomplished player. Sometimes, as stated many times, you have no choice but to solo as an adult with a job.

This is exactly the kind of attitude that is ruining the game and why original players are now gone or planning on leaving.

Without members "complaining" the game wouldn't be what it is now. That is what these boards are for - to state opinions. And we are all entitled to them without being attacked.

Survivor
May 04, 2011
2
Dr Von on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
you obviously didn't read the full post.

i have 3 prometheans: i have been through k1 more than once and am well aware of how to play the game. nowhere in my post did i mention struggling with mobs: my problem is that cheat dungeons should be an option for the hardcore set, instead of in the main quest line (because they are not enjoyable for casual players).

my stats are not the issue. i have some of the best gear available and a good (but not perfect) pet, with super-high damage and plenty of resist/block. but there are 4 enemies and only one of me... and one little wizard with 3200 health is not going to last very long by herself, no matter how much resist she has.

i don't mind a challenge. but the 'challenge' should not outweigh the fun (because this is a game, duh).

-v.
promethean x3

Hi guys , it is sad to me people leaving , I been here 4 years now or close enough. but I do agree there need to a challenge . Not just battling mindlessly over and over. But with the new join team or what ever it says I have meet some great new friends. And there will never always be some one to do it with ya! I always help anyone time permitting. I have 3 exhalted and 3 prometheans. The new pets are crop but look cool with much work can be awesome.
at 3200 ? a storm I guessing.
I have gone lower damage 80's high critical 450's resist 30's almost unstoppable. my storm kill fast or die fast ! Storm Mantra
Ellie
ps
A easy middle hard option would be cool too

Survivor
May 04, 2011
2
KOblivion on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
So what is your definition on a casual gamer?

These cheating bosses, are few and far between in the story line, are the only things that make questing in the worlds interesting.

These bosses are healthy for the game because they add variety on the main quest line. These creatures are meant to be a threat, otherwise whats the big deal? They are always a MAJOR milestone at the end of a very long series of quests, and show how far you;ve gotten.

If the cheats were removed, People would shrug these milestones off, "Oh, Just another easy OHKO Boss fight. I'm bored of this, I've been doing it for the past 48 boss fights!" The average player would get bored and leave.

You've been able to solo these bosses, it looks like they're just an annoyance to be ridden of by the way the text is, When really these bosses add a Healthy variety to the game.

~~~~~~
If wizard101 was a movie every episode be like:

"Aye look over there, Its a tiger! It weighs 800 Pounds! It can eat a wizard in 10 Seconds.
Ima touch it."
"ahhh Tiger ITS ANGRY! ITS ANGRY!!!"
"Its a King Cobra, The Most Venomous snake in all of Wizards, One bit and I'm Dead"
"Ima Pick it up."
"SSSSSssss Its ANGRY!!!!!"

Merle Ambrose decided that our wizards were so ferocious, he sent us to Khrysalis with nothing but a stick. Imagine how bad that freaks out the enemy. Your a Hunter, Out their working for morganthe.
"Insert another langulage chat that sounds freaked out"
And your walking towards them wearing shorts, and a T-Shirt.
"Aye, Its Kravenly the hunter! One of the most dangerous hunters of all Time! Most terrifying warrior in all the spiral, One push of a button and I'm gone!"
Ima Poke it with a stick.

~~~~~
These bosses shouldn't be jokes and should remain a step up for the average player, on par with the milestone. (Similar to the first arc, No reason the second arc should be easier than the first. You didn't solo Malistare at 50! We shouldn't be able to solo these final bosses either.)
Well written
Ellie

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
JosephSkyWielder on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
Oh geez Louis. First of all you guys need to quit complaining. If you don't like the game then stop playing and don't tell the world about it.
Secondly, I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I blew through AZ and K1. I am already an Exalted Pyromancer just starting out K2, and the only time I had trouble was when my internet would act up and lose connection. Of course soloing isn't the best idea; I had another Pyromancer one level below me questing with me, but we had absolutely no trouble at all, so get a good questing partner and stop wasting your time on here.
Although those of you complaining about the gear drops, really just from Tartarus, I hear you on that one. Many times I have gone through that dungeon and gotten 2 things from the brothers. They should probably fix that drop rate, but I honestly don't mind too much.

-Joseph Skywielder
Exalted Pyromancer
Yeah, you're talking about your own experience, not the experience of people who are struggling around you. Sure, you had a partner to go through the worlds with. Many don't and end up soloing. Team Up? Nah, doesn't really work in the higher levels. Why? Because there is hardly anyone there to team up with in the first place.

Being rude and putting down people for expressing their opinion isn't cool at all. It's attitudes like yours that drive people away from the higher levels, let alone away from the game itself. If you don't know what we're talking about, it's because you have blinders on and don't see what goes on around you. You're just focused on yourself and you're happy about how you play.

Von and I will frequently play together for the fun of it, or if either one of us needs a bit of assistance in a particularly tough dungeon. We both know how to play all of our schools solo, as well as group, and teaming up with strangers.

I get asked for help quite often from wizards in an area I'm currently playing. I help the best I can, because I look at their gear and (unfortunately) cringe. They need all the help they can get. Some have been stuck in an area or dungeon for a long time until I came along to help.

I see what goes on around me. I see other wizards struggling. I don't struggle, because my gear is set up to be amazing at any level. People ask me questions about it and the pets I have. I am more than willing to help them shop for better gear, show them how to garden for TC and/or mega snacks, tell them what crafted gear is best, and I teach them what pets would be best, and I offer to hatch any of my pets with them.

This is how the game should be viewed.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
Dr Von on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
This is my third time through K1. My balance and death did fine, but storm is definitely struggling... we've been so left behind, in every sense, and I'm just sick to death of being bombarded with these near-impossible boss battles that, more often than not, I have to solo because there's no one online, even in the so-called crowded realms.

Anyway, I'm almost level 95 again and I'm in Tymen Nightflame's lair. Between his chain-stunning and cheat mana burn, I have no health and can't cast; any time I have the pips to cast something, I get mama burned. If I heal, I get stunned. It wastes my stun blocks that I need for when he stuns me with his school spell anyway. My deck is full of stun blocks, and I still can't keep up. And, without a mastery amulet, Unbalance is a waste of pips.

Come on, KI. I get that we're level 95 and stuff, but... this is above and beyond ridiculous. Cheating bosses should not be, and should never have been, required for the main storyline. I don't have time for this; it's a waste, in every sense of the word.

I am not a professional/hardcore type. I don't pvp; I am just an average player, looking for something fun to do after a long and crappy day at the office, not another full-time job. I work in an industry that tests my patience constantly, and that is what this game is becoming: work. A job that tests my patience and, as far as I'm concerned, that patience is already stretched to its limit and then some.

I don't have high hopes for K2. If anything, it's going to continue pushing the casual/fun set out; perhaps it's my fault, for assuming that a game is intended to be fun. The hardcore gamers can create their own challenges, KI; this ridiculousness cannot be made easier for those who are becoming increasingly frustrated with the staggering jump in difficulty. The second half of K1 is DS-Celestia, all over again.

I realize that no one cares about one player's opinion, and that mine is not the popular one. But, if the game continues down this path, I know I won't be the only one rage-quitting out of frustration.

Both of my subs are up in October. I sincerely doubt that I'll be renewing them.

-von
annoyed, stressed-out, extremely frustrated promethean x3
The problem is that some bosses will of course need to be tougher then others. And the whole 'give them more health or more minions or tougher minions' may get old, worn, and unexciting. I believe a nasty surprise is fun once in a while, if not necessary, to add some unique challenge to the game. And there is, of course, the issue of what to do with all the cheating bosses already in the storyline, do we remove them? Then they won't be nearly as challenging, and more boring. Do we move them to side quests? We would need to redesign entire areas to accomodate these side bosses, and you can't stuff too much in one area. Or do we leave them and add mo more cheats here on out? Also not good because future worlds will seem more like a step down from Khrysalis. Cheating has been in this game too long ro really do much about it anymore.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
62
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, you're talking about your own experience, not the experience of people who are struggling around you. Sure, you had a partner to go through the worlds with. Many don't and end up soloing. Team Up? Nah, doesn't really work in the higher levels. Why? Because there is hardly anyone there to team up with in the first place.

Being rude and putting down people for expressing their opinion isn't cool at all. It's attitudes like yours that drive people away from the higher levels, let alone away from the game itself. If you don't know what we're talking about, it's because you have blinders on and don't see what goes on around you. You're just focused on yourself and you're happy about how you play.

Von and I will frequently play together for the fun of it, or if either one of us needs a bit of assistance in a particularly tough dungeon. We both know how to play all of our schools solo, as well as group, and teaming up with strangers.

I get asked for help quite often from wizards in an area I'm currently playing. I help the best I can, because I look at their gear and (unfortunately) cringe. They need all the help they can get. Some have been stuck in an area or dungeon for a long time until I came along to help.

I see what goes on around me. I see other wizards struggling. I don't struggle, because my gear is set up to be amazing at any level. People ask me questions about it and the pets I have. I am more than willing to help them shop for better gear, show them how to garden for TC and/or mega snacks, tell them what crafted gear is best, and I teach them what pets would be best, and I offer to hatch any of my pets with them.

This is how the game should be viewed.
I can only speak from my wizards' experience, but that does not mean I have "blinders" on. My siblings also play, but that does not mean I know what they are doing 24/7, nor do I have the right to act as them and speak their opinion in this case even though I know them really well.

I think the solution is surrounding yourself with players who influence you in a positive way. I have been fortunate to be playing with my siblings and meeting players who are very competitive and always thrive to be the best. The conversations and laughs I shared with them influenced me to never give up and keep trying. When I see their gear and how they play, I always remember how dedicated those on my friends' list are and that they would rather simply enjoy the offerings of W101 instead of complaining how unfair the game is at certain times.

Out of curiosity, I've asked my closest friends how they could be playing everyday for many years and never get bored. They simply said the nostalgia and the achievements they have, made them kept going. For the past 2 months, I've been helping my fire friend farm Cronus so he can get Blade of the Felled Titan. What amazes me was never once did he complain. His positive attitude and determination simply kept growing, growing and growing.

Personally, I think cheating bosses should continue to be part of the storyline as they provide the element of change in strategy and challenge. They are tricky but not difficult to solo. There are options to shortcut the game play anyway, such as henchman and asking friends for help. Friends are always out there to be made.

Explorer
May 23, 2009
62
James ShadowBlade on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I Agree,I am a person who loves to do bane and pagoda but in bane tyrfing does like three turns in one turn Example: 1. Tyrfing casts stun then 2. he casts myth blade then 3. he casts humungofrog i was annoyed badly.
In pagoda,KuroKage Kurokage skips your turn when at around 600 health just to vampire you.
I really wish this didn't happen and small hint for bane: if you bring 2 adept or higher wizards the first grendels will be rank 5 and Erikur AxeBreaker is almost malistaire's rank Thank you! Ki Please remove this

James ShadowBlade 25
LOL, nicely said. You just made my day .

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
TPG Miserie on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
I can only speak from my wizards' experience, but that does not mean I have "blinders" on. My siblings also play, but that does not mean I know what they are doing 24/7, nor do I have the right to act as them and speak their opinion in this case even though I know them really well.

I think the solution is surrounding yourself with players who influence you in a positive way. I have been fortunate to be playing with my siblings and meeting players who are very competitive and always thrive to be the best. The conversations and laughs I shared with them influenced me to never give up and keep trying. When I see their gear and how they play, I always remember how dedicated those on my friends' list are and that they would rather simply enjoy the offerings of W101 instead of complaining how unfair the game is at certain times.

Out of curiosity, I've asked my closest friends how they could be playing everyday for many years and never get bored. They simply said the nostalgia and the achievements they have, made them kept going. For the past 2 months, I've been helping my fire friend farm Cronus so he can get Blade of the Felled Titan. What amazes me was never once did he complain. His positive attitude and determination simply kept growing, growing and growing.

Personally, I think cheating bosses should continue to be part of the storyline as they provide the element of change in strategy and challenge. They are tricky but not difficult to solo. There are options to shortcut the game play anyway, such as henchman and asking friends for help. Friends are always out there to be made.
The only part of this I agree with is that having friends to play with is a bonus.

Due to time-zone differences (and the fact that we are all adults with lives), I only get to see my friends on weekends but, without them, I would have been done with the game ages ago. And I can relate to people who have to solo the horrendous slogfest that is Khrysalis, because I've done it multiple times.

Even as a storm wizard, I have better stats than 90% of players I have met; they aren't perfect, but they're good enough that I shouldn't be struggling. I see that there are people much worse off than I am, and I will help them because I remember what it was like having no one to play with. And I would like to point out that you cannot consider henchmen a viable option for people who struggle with cheating-boss fights, since they're more likely to do something that triggers the cheat than actually help the player in any way.

As much as I love questing with Brynner, I feel so guilty asking her (and the others) for help constantly when she has always given me a hand up and never asked for anything in return; the same applies to when I am asked for help and have to tell someone 'no' because I simply don't have time to quest on weeknights, or because it's four in the morning and my brain is fried after a long day at the office.

I understand boss cheats if it's the end of a world/arc or if it's something minor to shake things up along the way. None of this free-mana-burn-plus-stuns-on-heals garbage that's just thrown in there with no preemptive warning and no logical reason behind it, other than to further alienate casual players.

Cheats never should have been part of the main arc. They should only ever have been optional end-game instances, so the people who whine that they can burn through 3 worlds in an hour have something to do; some of these cheats are like Wintertusk... because a side world that's mandatory also makes perfect sense (said no one, ever).

This one-size-fits-all approach drives me crazy. I get that KI is trying to attract a different kind of player now, but the main arc should still be doable by everyone and not require that I have at least 2 other people attached to my hip at all times.

-von

Survivor
Mar 09, 2010
1
i have the spiral cup gauntlet and i can never complete it without help it is so annoying that some of the characters cheat

my character is a level 28 and

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
61
Yes. I want to just get Azteca and Khrysalis done with so I can go back to happily trying to make a perfect house or train an epic pet. But the cheating bosses do NOT want that. At all. I have enough trouble as it is with normal bosses in Azteca.