Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Hello,
In the Ambrose fight in dream reverie during the polymorph when choosing the opposing school cheat that Ambrose casts, the words that pop up are "Coorect! Surprising!" instead of "Correct! Surprising"

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
In the Krampus battle one of the cheats is "Naughty, Naughty, Krampus See's all!"

Survivor
Dec 05, 2018
On Dragonspyre's Crystal Grove map, Milaka Jewelbender's name is misspelled as "Milaka Jewlbender" during the quest "Room to Breathe". However, after she changes locations (quest: "A Quiet Place to Work"), her name is spelled correctly.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Tim-Tim snakeeye says "He's wearing elephant skin magic" in the quest "The Black Palace".

But my character is a girl, not a boy. So shouldn't it be "She's wearing elephant skin Magic"?
Alternatively "They're wearing elephant skin magic"

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
on page 4 of the housing tutorial it states you can not transfer houses through shared bank to other wizards on same account. this is no longer true. it is not a grammar error but i saw no other place to post this. thank you.

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Hi Cyrus!

In the Black Sun Pyramid Skeleton Key Boss, the boss refers to the First World as the "Firstworld" while in every other mention of the First World, it's simply "First World".

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The Monstrology Tome description for Tainted Forest Imp has the location read as "Cave of Solitute" instead of "Cave of Solitude".

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The Monstrology Tome description for DS' Pirate Ravager has the word " pluderin' ". Did you mean " plunderin' "? Both words in the quotations show up yellow, even adding a "g" at the end to make it " plundering " is yellow.

Survivor
May 06, 2018
In the menu chat (under Crafting > Have you seen any...) there is an option to say ",,,Squid Ink?" which should probably be "...Squid Ink?"

Also under Crafting > Jewel Socketing, the second option "I need a jewel" is the only place where jewel is not capitalized as a proper noun.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
I found an error with YOU Cyrus!

During the Orthrus 48 spell quest, after we get a bone from Dworgyn, your text reads:

"You should seek an entrance to the underground....perhaps guarded by a Samoorai spirit."

But we hear*: "You should seek an entrance to the underground....perhaps guided by a Samoorai spirit."

- Noah SilverBlood

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
I have sent in DOZENS of spelling and grammar corrections over the past several years. Not one has been corrected. In addition, I have sent in actual errors in the dialogue, for example, in Azteca you are told to consult a character in the Zocolo. The only problem? The character is in Three Points. Still not corrected.

So why bother?

Regards,
Suzanne

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
In The Portico, when you turn the compass on, an arrow labeled "Survey Camp" shows up. However, you enter the dungeon through Celestia Base Camp, and the map is correct.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
Professor Drake? Are you okay? You're never this nice...

Anyways, here on the forums, there is a problem with Baldur Goldpaws image/avatar, the background is red like he's evil instead of blue. It's confused a few people, please fix it.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2017
In Grizzleheim, there's this:
Egil grimaces and breaks off the smallest of his mighty claws. He hands it to you.

The narrator merged both sentences into one.

Champion
Feb 06, 2010
Malorn AshThorn446 on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
I just remembered one error from Krokotopia. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but while in the balance school before going to the tomb of storms, there is one line in which I believe the npc who is saying the is line wrong and a word missing I think.

The quest is "Back to Balance" from Shalek the Wise in the Entrance Hall. The first line said when we arrive in the Balance School is by Shalek the Wise who says: "Young Wizard (Of course I place this instead of a character name, since all our character names are different)! You have my eternal gratitude. I heard what you did in the Krokosphinx. I feel we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

I believe that the npc saying this line should in fact be Alhazred instead of Shalek the Wise. I also feel that this sentence is incomplete:

"I feel we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

This is how I feel the sentence should look:

"I feel that we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."

I am unsure whether Kingsisle did this intentionally or if it was in fact an error. Professor Drake or any other Professor (and anyone else who feels like they can answer this), I hope you read this and can let me know if it is an error or if was intentional.
After almost eleven years, this issue is only half corrected. (This issue use to be much worse, but it is not completely fixed.)

Shalek should only say one piece of dialogue here, Alhazred is the one who is supposed to be talking mainly. The mix match is still in this game today 5/21/19!!

@Malorn AshThorn446 is correct:

"I heard what you did in the Krokosphinx. I feel we are no longer strangers, but comrades-in-arms."
(Currently Shalek the Wise says this sentence when it should indeed be Alhazred! How could Shalek "hear" what we did in the Krokosphinx if he was with us every step of the way and Alhazred was not! So, that's the proof right there.)

I remember sending bug tickets about this, apparently only bug tickets get corrected if it is a primary issue (Crash). Not trying to sound snotty, but I feel like there are only a few of us that care about the minor details.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Hi Prof Drake!

For the pop-up on the right side of the screen at Level 78 for Balance Wizards from Alhazred, he spells Krokosphinx as "Krokoshpinx". Thanks much! :)

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
Professor Drake on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
We are always on the lookout for those hidden spelling errors or grammar issues, or any other written type of elements in the game.

Find something that is incorrect? Please let us know here! Cyrus thanks you!
Hi,

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, or if it was intentional, but there is a mistake in Mooshu.

When you are told to go to Hamestu Village for the first time, you need to talk to Shojiro Gama. With quest helper on it says "Talk to Shojiro Gamma in Hamestu Village" or something like that. It should be Gama not Gamma.

Tell me if it was intentional.

Allison Wraith, level 37,

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
In the Hollow Mountain at Kembaalung Village, the Temple Guardian text says, "While tuning the Spirit, Mind, and Body is essential, one must still chose the ultimate path of Harmony," but the guardian says "choose."

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Quest: Go to lord bramble’s tower in pigswig academy, but the location is in tanglewood way

Survivor
Jul 24, 2013
In the Crystal Caves of Avalon under the Catacombs, when listening to King Artorius' statue, he says, "I drift in the sea of darkness. I fall endlessly in the under dark. I crash through the maze of thorns"

There should be either a period or a set of ellipses in the text. Also, not sure about this, but perhaps under dark should have a hyphen, and/or be capitalized?

Survivor
Sep 16, 2018
I’m sorry if someone else posted this but I’d like to talk about a quest in Khrysalis. In this quest called “Mouse Days Are Over” when you have to “find the water source”. Unlike many if not all quests the first letters of each word are not capitalised. Instead of looking like this (normal): “Find The Water Source.” It looks like this: “find the water source.” Again if someone already posted this than I”m sorry.

Mitchell MythSword 96

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
In the Polaris quest, The Flag Tower, when you get to the top and raise the flag, the dialogue is attributed to Ivan, but the picture is of Prospector Zeke.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
Spellwrighting help- Max fire, You spelt Upgrade as upgrage

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I just saw a person with a new title, "Villan of the Vanguard". Should it not be villain?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
The Monstrology Tome for Kyanite Valkyrie reads:

"Many can't be believe her ghostly form..."

be believe?