Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Survivor
Sep 18, 2009
I've been gardening king Parsley without end. So far I've only gotten one amber drop ever. I'd garden the other plants if it was easier to get them. I'm almost starting to think it's not worth the time and effort involved to get amber for crafting that spell.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Overall, in about 2,800 King parsley, I have gotten 8 amber. Almost there, woohoo! :) (Pendragon farming time now..)

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Seriously!. I see all the agony of all these players, as I come to get answer and help!. This is Crazy! I have been, Farming, gardening and having outright irl Nightmares about this Amber!. Sunstones are bad enough!! 50! Really 50 Sunstones for Deer Knight !!!!
Bought packs galore, got in debt trying! this is crazy You!! But as I read I see of no one from KI even consoling the people here.!! KI bad KI making players suffer!! What happen to relaxing?? This is enough to give some one post dramatic stress disorder 4 crying out loud!!

then on top of all, the plants that Have (not given) amber, give no seeds for one to keep trying! Are we all reading what is being written in this post?? We are suffering!!!!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
JayMel21 on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
Seriously!. I see all the agony of all these players, as I come to get answer and help!. This is Crazy! I have been, Farming, gardening and having outright irl Nightmares about this Amber!. Sunstones are bad enough!! 50! Really 50 Sunstones for Deer Knight !!!!
Bought packs galore, got in debt trying! this is crazy You!! But as I read I see of no one from KI even consoling the people here.!! KI bad KI making players suffer!! What happen to relaxing?? This is enough to give some one post dramatic stress disorder 4 crying out loud!!

then on top of all, the plants that Have (not given) amber, give no seeds for one to keep trying! Are we all reading what is being written in this post?? We are suffering!!!!
I wouldn't call it suffering... Maybe more like just annoying. KI reads these posts, but if they were to reply, they would essentially be copying and pasting to all of us. Btw Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is not from this game xD. It's from after troops go to war, come back, and have paranoia or psychiatric disorders. Anyways, just plant King Parsley. Patience will help, sorry for the difficulty you got there buddy. Look at my troubles xD

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
My question isn't about amber but crafting quests. I did not find one in Wysteria or in Avalon. Is there crafting quests for these two worlds? I found the one for Azteca but you can't buy the transmute for the nector of the agave until you are a transcendant crafter. I haven't gotten any in drops like the tourquoise and the leaves are hard to find with everyone hunting also so even with the transmute it will be difficult because of leaves but not unachievable.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
I have been trying to get 11 more amber besides everything else i had to get for the Catalan spell. Honestly the spell is not even worth the trouble. Its way too hard and cost too much to try and craft one dumb spell. Well KI you did it again, another money maker for you.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I'm afraid for now it's either use the colossal transmute, or buy crown packs, or garden for amber.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
So please please please change the drop rate of amber and make it available in ways other than gardening! I have completed my crafting skills through Azteca level, and have crafted the Grizzleheim house, and I still find the crafting of the spells nearly impossible!

By far this is the most frustrating and least enjoyable crafting experience I have had yet. Even the Grizzlehiem house, which is a crazy hard recipe, seemed achievable, because the ingredients could be obtained.

But with the amber drop rate so low, and the only way to get it though gardening, crafting this spell is just an endless, boring chore -- not what one hopes for when coming to a game to get enjoyment and relaxation! I long ago surpassed the level at which these spells (Brimstone Revenant & such) were relevant. I keep on going because I hate to give up, but from a gaming point of view, you made the recipe and ingredients so hard as to render them ridiculous. The frustration far outweighs the reward!

As one other post said, please listen to your community and change this reagent's availabilty!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
So I see my last post on this topic was back in March. Three months later, gardening every day, with plants supposed to drop amber -- kp's, deadly ninja figs, the white flower (that can only be obtained by getting bosses to drop it), silver trumpet vines -- I am still only up to 9 amber. I have garden gnome, black cauldron, star chalice, weapon rack for ninja figs ... I mean, really! Could you please make the drop rate higher? this has past the point of difficult to the point of absurd.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
FinnAgainWindrider on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
So I see my last post on this topic was back in March. Three months later, gardening every day, with plants supposed to drop amber -- kp's, deadly ninja figs, the white flower (that can only be obtained by getting bosses to drop it), silver trumpet vines -- I am still only up to 9 amber. I have garden gnome, black cauldron, star chalice, weapon rack for ninja figs ... I mean, really! Could you please make the drop rate higher? this has past the point of difficult to the point of absurd.
I felt the same way. Then I stepped things up a notch. If you plant several efficient designed gardens across several wizards you get amber no problem. I am currently growing just over 300KP and I get a several amber per week. Plus lots of sunstone, aether and over 100,000G in other stuff I sell.

It's a pain setting get up the gardens. Planning and organization is key. But once they are set up and you have a rotating schedule between your houses its very easy.

Happy Wizarding!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion Rottenheart. Not sure if I have the regular time and energy to do that level of gardening, but I will try to ramp it up a bit more and see what happens. KP's are certainly the easiest self-seeding plants with a good harvest, so I may just focus efforts on volume KP gardens and see what grows!

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Well, I can report that now at Promethean, and about six months to a year after I got the recipe for Brimstone Revenant, and three or four months after I started posting about my frustration here, I finally got enough amber to craft the spell.

I'm glad I completed what I set out to do, but I am so far past the point at which the spell is useful that I also find it kind of absurd.

If KI wants to make a spell this difficult to craft, they should also make the spell worth the effort. It would have been nice if the spell was an extremely powerful battle-ending kind of spell, for the amount of effort put in. A Mooshu level spell effect that you can't really complete until you've reached Promethean, is more than a tad anti-climactic.

Thanks Rottenheart for the encouragement on gardening -- of course sheer probability indicates that the greater the number of plants, the greater the likelihood of drops.

but I feel kind of like that T.S. Elliot poem, The Hollow Men:
This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Willowydream on Jun 19, 2012 wrote:
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.
Would love to have a Barber of Seville quest you get from say Occam in Lake Shore

First part: You do the healing fountain thing and get Occam's Razor as a guaranteed drop

Second part: You are summoned to the headmaster's office where Ambrose explains the magic behind the razor and how it never needs sharpening. As long as you have it equipped, whenever you beat [insert boss name from expansive list of avalon bosses] in a battle, you will get a magical lock of hair or beard.

Third part: Occam will sell you a transmute recipe to transmute any magical lock of hair into the whisker.

The stats for the Occam's Razor would then include the line "+100% chance of harvesting Charmed Lock of Hair from Target"

You could even extend this property to other equipment: e.g. Ring of Remorse (level 35+)

--+10% power pip chance
--+100 max health
--+50 max mana
--+7% incoming healing
--+25% chance of collecting quest item from target enemies

So a slightly underpowered ring or athame that has the additional ability of accelerating quest progress or improving rare drop chance.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Jun 21, 2012 wrote:
You guys asked for a transmute, you got a transmute. Did you expect it to be hard? You shouldn't have. You should have expected it to be ridiculously hard. These are actual spells you get forever, or an actual game you can play at your house. There gonna be extremley hard, and I think its intended to be. I'm currently crafting the ninja pig spell, and I think sooner or later i'll craft it. I do those hard core dungeons a lot anyway. You cant expect everything in this game to be easy.
you got a point

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
eliakon on Jun 21, 2012 wrote:
My personal take on this is that these are SUPPOSED to be super rare, hard to get premium items. And yah the Amber is a pain to get, but I already have several. How you may ask? I have large gardens on every wizard. Each of those gardens is FULL of King Parsleys. They are easy to raise, the seed drops all over the place, and infact I get more seeds back than I can even use. Does it take time? yah, will it stop me, heck no. It just means that I have to earn my reward.
good job man

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
Darth JT on Jun 28, 2012 wrote:
Since I am such a nice guy, I will do the Math for you KI.

Now, if 1 Amber Dust and 1 Merle Ambrose Beard Strand was dropped every time during one of these Dungeons, it would take 60 times doing these dungeons to craft 1 item or spell, this is just to transmute the Amber it would take, not counting the other reagents needed.

60 x 1 hour for each run through a dungeon = 60 straight hours.

As it stands, through 7 runs through Mirror Lake, I have 1 Merle Ambrose Beard Strand and 0 Amber Dust. At this rate, I can expect to have the needed reagents, in approximately 2120.

Now, I play this game more than most people do. I even like to farm and garden. I currently have 4 amber on this account and 3 on my other account.

White Tiger Lilies are not easy to come by and take 2 weeks to grow. You can't buy these seeds anywhere and they dont drop their own seed.

So, here is my question for you Professors, KI, Why do you make reagents, spells, and Items, if you don't want us to have them? It just does not make any sense.

I gave you a good recipe for the transmute of Amber, but you had to go and make 2 more extremely rare reagents for this transmute, that you have to farm to get. I mean, honestly, I should be able to walk up to Merle Ambrose in his office and pick up his Beard Strands or ask him for some.

I really don't get the thinking or reasoning behind this one, KI is making a lot of players extremely frustrated and this is even from the players that are adults and play all the time, not to mention the kids and people that play when they can. An Unhappy Wizard is one that will not spend money and one that considers leaving, because this game is not supposed to create frustration, but be relief from frustration.

There is no lesson of patience or hard work in this task, because I am all about both. This is one foolish move and I hope it changes soon, I am giving KI the benefit of the doubt and using my patience, but I fear, many will not.
true man its really true though its funny

Explorer
Jun 20, 2013
Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
MS LIZ on Jun 19, 2012 wrote:
Dear Proferssor Greyrose,

You said the transmute recipe would make us smile....I am not smiling sweetheart!

Sincerely,
"Liz" Dreamweaver, Dreamcatcher, Dreambringer, Dreamfinder, Dreamrider and Dreambreaker
You tell it to the Professor! XD

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
First let me start by saying I love wizard101 and have been playing for about 6 years. I have been growing all four plants that are known to drop and amber and have placed all theirs likes ie; plants and housing items near them. I have at least 50 or more plants, I bought the farm in hopes that would help also. I have invested so much real money in this as I have to buy about 7 or more energy elixer's daily. I spent about 20.00 on ninja lore packs trying to get deer knight spell nothing. After about 8 weeks of this I have at this time 4 of the 12 amber I need to craft the deer knight spell. I am beginning to wonder if KI planned it this way to make more money on us with the crafting? I have to tell you, it is extremely frustrating and does not make me feel very positive about KI, when already I spend so much money on other things here. Mounts, pets, henchmen, gear, packs and bundles. I understand that if things are too easy then it lessons the feeling of accomplishment you get when you achieve something. I would not like the game if it was too easy, but the issue of amber being this hard to get is NOT GOOD and I really wish KI would listen to the complaints and reconsider. But then again, why would they if they are making so much money on people spending so much on energy trying to increase their chances of harvesting it? This is my first time EVER posting and I will be surprised if it makes the board. So if it doesn't please at least pass this on to some one at KI that will listen. Thank you
RESPECTFULLY, Destinydeathflower51 ps: I also have 2 paid accounts as well. pss farming the reagents for the transmute is in my opinion even harder.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Guys,

If your looking for spells in Keepers lore, there is a good chance you'll get a Amber :D

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
I got 3 amber today from keepers lore packs so....

I also just started a garden to farm them from plant
rewards with no luck as of yet.

between the two methods i am hoping to have enough
in a week or a month or so.

I also check the bazaar/ auction house daily for them
and if i see any i snag them asap. getting gold is easy
considering i give most of what i get to my pet or sell
it at the bazaar.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010
Suri, I am curious how many packs did you buy to get the three amber? (They should just sell amber in the crown shop) I can't believe how much money I spend on this game XD. I am at 5 of 12 still and far farming on all my wizards like crazy. Lols at the thought of crafting anything else that takes amber UGH.

Crafting is not fun anymore and I resent having to spend so much money.

Disgruntled Death Wizard.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Destinydeathflower... on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
Suri, I am curious how many packs did you buy to get the three amber? (They should just sell amber in the crown shop) I can't believe how much money I spend on this game XD. I am at 5 of 12 still and far farming on all my wizards like crazy. Lols at the thought of crafting anything else that takes amber UGH.

Crafting is not fun anymore and I resent having to spend so much money.

Disgruntled Death Wizard.
not sure how many i opened as i zipped through them rather fast
I do know i spent like 13k in crowns on the packs but i think i was
particularly lucky in that regard. Money wise i think i spent like $25 bucks
to get the three i have. which i would be outraged if not for the addiction
i have to the game lol

I did get the real keeper of the flame spell from those same packs but
as cool as that would be for a myth wizard i am fire/life & do not plan to
ever use that spell. But getting a permanent spell did give me hope.

I plan on working hard in game to get my crafting skill up, I am level 47 now
and i am already a master artisan and very close to getting my grand master
artisan title.

the packs give a lot of other good things that i also feed to my pets which
levels them up and gives me more crafting materials and gold. which i use
to further my in game crafting so that i can make the spells i do not get in
packs.

I plan on getting brimstone revenant, luminous weaver, deer knight and goat monk
if i do not get them in packs then i will craft them in game but mark my words! I will
have all four of those spells!

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
With the addition of amber as a dropped reagent - It is so much easier. I have nearly doubled my amber in 3 days. (I had 9 before hand)