Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber!

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Ronster55 wrote:
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!


So you appreciate the divide in the game of the have's and have not's, me being of the latter, not that I care any more but just saying. What this says is because someone does not have the means to obtain these things they should not be able to have them, only the elite select should. Ok - I get it.

Personally I have decided to ditch crafting past Mooshu it only becomes one big headache for me. I play Wizards for the fun of it period and as others have said making this a job added to my irl job is not for me.

Means is many things starting with time, gold, knowledge and the list goes on to pull these complicated crafts off.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
Is everyone forgetting this is a KIDS game with and E10+ rating?

Yes, it is a kids and family oriented game that is already losing a lot of them because of the intensity the game has already gotten to.

Very few of the younger players are venturing very far into Cl now because of these kind of issues.

It is becoming very stressful for the kids and parents alike that are working a full time job. Being able to come home and relax and play together was fun but many are now seeing it as a second job. None of them have the time to spend hours a day farming bosses for these reagents that may take considerably longer.

Do any of you remember how you felt trying to collect those so elusive diamonds in DS? How about the Blood Moss from the hard to find Red Mandrake and the Nightshade from the Mushrooms? And these were before the transmutes were available.

Many have already stopped crafting after the Crafting quest in CL. The SpiritCaller Drums in ZF was just down right frustrating. Which I did complete on one wizard, but have no intentions of completing on the other 8 wizards that I have.

@Ronster55, rare is one thing but making it virtually un-attainable for many is just wrong. Diamonds, Blood Moss and NightShade were rare and still are to a degree but were not impossible. But when Cl came out, the reagents just got that much worse unless you have a transmute and even then, it is a chore to farm Stone Blocks to be transmuted into either fossils or Sandstone to be eventually transmuted to Sunstone. Transmutes are fine within reason. This one for the amber is just too much.

No, this has gone far beyond fun and enjoyment. There is no magic to this anymore. The whole thing is becoming one big Chore.

If you are frustrated with this as an adult, just think how the kids are feeling about a game they really had fun with. Remember We are all kids at heart too. If it is not fun for us, then it is worse than doing household chores for our kids.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
27
Sorry but I agree with the majority of posts here, it's not much different from Gardening for the reagent, either cutdown or change the ingrediants required for this transmute otherwise I won't be using it either..

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
3
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The chance of getting Amber from the harvest of White Tiger Lily, Deadly Ninja Fig, King Parsley, Red Bell Pepper and Red Huckleberries has been slightly increased, and White Tiger Lily still has the best chance of rewarding you with Amber on Elder Harvest.

A new transmutation recipe is available from Shane MacGobhann in Avalon.

Amber Dust and another mystery reagent are available from bosses like the Pendragon, Morganthe and Starburst Spider as well as bosses in Waterworks and Briskbreeze towers.


Guys you all gotta Relax!!! I love crafting! Have been doing it for a long time now and I also love challenges. This one is most definitely a CHALLENGE. If it was so easy don't you think everyone will start having the rare spells or items? When i saw the Deer Knight spell I was so very happy that there was another multi attack spell for Death School other than Crow. As its a difficult spell to craft therefore I know not everyone will be able to have it only those who work for it. I completely approve of the difficult recipe that KI have put in it'll be FUN ;)

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
1
I don't mind so much about the other reagents since i garden peas but the hair and amber dust? why can't you make it one or 2 of each instead of 5? that would be doable.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2009
1
This recipe for the transmute is horrible. I would rather wait countless hours waiting for my plants then waste hours in dungeons that might not even give. It may be the same way with your plants but at least you dont have to stay on for hours.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
booster17 wrote:

Guys you all gotta Relax!!! I love crafting! Have been doing it for a long time now and I also love challenges. This one is most definitely a CHALLENGE. If it was so easy don't you think everyone will start having the rare spells or items? When i saw the Deer Knight spell I was so very happy that there was another multi attack spell for Death School other than Crow. As its a difficult spell to craft therefore I know not everyone will be able to have it only those who work for it. I completely approve of the difficult recipe that KI have put in it'll be FUN ;)


Booster17, there are a lot of us that have been playing this game a lot longer than you and have seen a lot of changes in the game and we like to craft too. But this one is just way out of hand. This recipe is not FUN and it puts it too far out of reach for the younger players. This is not an E10+ recipe. There should not be ANYTHING in this game that is un-attainable for any player and especially the kids. And parents that play this game with their kids don't want to feel like they are doing a second job in the process and that is what it is becoming.

I for one am not going to waste my time with this and neither are my grandson or great nephew.

Explorer
Dec 09, 2008
80
booster17 wrote:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
The chance of getting Amber from the harvest of White Tiger Lily, Deadly Ninja Fig, King Parsley, Red Bell Pepper and Red Huckleberries has been slightly increased, and White Tiger Lily still has the best chance of rewarding you with Amber on Elder Harvest.

A new transmutation recipe is available from Shane MacGobhann in Avalon.

Amber Dust and another mystery reagent are available from bosses like the Pendragon, Morganthe and Starburst Spider as well as bosses in Waterworks and Briskbreeze towers.


Guys you all gotta Relax!!! I love crafting! Have been doing it for a long time now and I also love challenges. This one is most definitely a CHALLENGE. If it was so easy don't you think everyone will start having the rare spells or items? When i saw the Deer Knight spell I was so very happy that there was another multi attack spell for Death School other than Crow. As its a difficult spell to craft therefore I know not everyone will be able to have it only those who work for it. I completely approve of the difficult recipe that KI have put in it'll be FUN ;)


I been here since the game began, before crafting was even a feature and I have seen a lot of changes I have liked and disliked. I too love crafting and the challenge of it. I have never had problem with it until this. This transmute is way to much. Instead of making a transmute for it why not make it a drop from one of those dungeons like with the other spells that came out not so long ago or make a better transmute.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Okay KI, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but here is my perspective so far:

For 1 Amber:
5 Merle Ambrose Beard Strands
5 Amber Dust
15 SunStones
10 Golden Pearls

Now, to put it mildly, I just did Mirror Lake twice and took a character from each of my accounts. Sunstones and Golden Pearls are fine, as I get those with my Evil Magma Peas as drops.

However, out of those 2 runds, 4 considering I used a wizard on each account, I got a total of 1 Beard Strand and 0 Amber Dust.

Now, lets do the math, shall we? Let's say, with 1 more run, I got another Beard Strand and an Amber Dust, that is being lucky, but just saying. OK, so, that is 2 Beard Strands and 1 Amber Dust from 6 runs. And you need 5 of each for 1 Amber, 12 Amber for 1 Spell or Item.

KI, you really need to start doing the math! I know most people hate math and it can be a boring subject, but It is a Required Subject.

Now, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I am sure you are working on the new Level 80 Dungeon that will have the new Level 80 Gear and will also Always drop 2 Beard and 2 Amber Dust every Boss Fight.

At Least, this is what I hope is going to happen, otherwise, you really need to hire a math major, because you are seriously lacking one.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
darthjt wrote:
Okay KI, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but here is my perspective so far:

For 1 Amber:
5 Merle Ambrose Beard Strands
5 Amber Dust
15 SunStones
10 Golden Pearls

Now, to put it mildly, I just did Mirror Lake twice and took a character from each of my accounts. Sunstones and Golden Pearls are fine, as I get those with my Evil Magma Peas as drops.

However, out of those 2 runds, 4 considering I used a wizard on each account, I got a total of 1 Beard Strand and 0 Amber Dust.

Now, lets do the math, shall we? Let's say, with 1 more run, I got another Beard Strand and an Amber Dust, that is being lucky, but just saying. OK, so, that is 2 Beard Strands and 1 Amber Dust from 6 runs. And you need 5 of each for 1 Amber, 12 Amber for 1 Spell or Item.

KI, you really need to start doing the math! I know most people hate math and it can be a boring subject, but It is a Required Subject.

Now, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, because I am sure you are working on the new Level 80 Dungeon that will have the new Level 80 Gear and will also Always drop 2 Beard and 2 Amber Dust every Boss Fight.

At Least, this is what I hope is going to happen, otherwise, you really need to hire a math major, because you are seriously lacking one.


Thank you Darthjt. Although I have worked with numbers, percentages, and degrees all of my life, It is one of the most boring subjects.

I must agree however that KI does need to take a better view on this matter as they have made it virtually impossible without hours to days to weeks even for the average player to acquire the required reagents. Myself, I have absolutely no intention of expending this amount of time trying to accomplish this kind of crafting feat.

For a game that started out as being the most kid/family friendly game online, it is starting to lose that special touch. That special magic that made the game fun. It is now becoming more of a second job in so many aspects that many of the young kids that played this game are leaving it shortly after entering CL. I am experiencing that within my own family now and have since Cl was added. I am not saying there should not be any challenges, but they do need to be kept within reason.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
Since I am such a nice guy, I will do the Math for you KI.

Now, if 1 Amber Dust and 1 Merle Ambrose Beard Strand was dropped every time during one of these Dungeons, it would take 60 times doing these dungeons to craft 1 item or spell, this is just to transmute the Amber it would take, not counting the other reagents needed.

60 x 1 hour for each run through a dungeon = 60 straight hours.

As it stands, through 7 runs through Mirror Lake, I have 1 Merle Ambrose Beard Strand and 0 Amber Dust. At this rate, I can expect to have the needed reagents, in approximately 2120.

Now, I play this game more than most people do. I even like to farm and garden. I currently have 4 amber on this account and 3 on my other account.

White Tiger Lilies are not easy to come by and take 2 weeks to grow. You can't buy these seeds anywhere and they dont drop their own seed.

So, here is my question for you Professors, KI, Why do you make reagents, spells, and Items, if you don't want us to have them? It just does not make any sense.

I gave you a good recipe for the transmute of Amber, but you had to go and make 2 more extremely rare reagents for this transmute, that you have to farm to get. I mean, honestly, I should be able to walk up to Merle Ambrose in his office and pick up his Beard Strands or ask him for some.

I really don't get the thinking or reasoning behind this one, KI is making a lot of players extremely frustrated and this is even from the players that are adults and play all the time, not to mention the kids and people that play when they can. An Unhappy Wizard is one that will not spend money and one that considers leaving, because this game is not supposed to create frustration, but be relief from frustration.

There is no lesson of patience or hard work in this task, because I am all about both. This is one foolish move and I hope it changes soon, I am giving KI the benefit of the doubt and using my patience, but I fear, many will not.

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
I really don't get the thinking or reasoning behind this one, KI is making a lot of players extremely frustrated and this is even from the players that are adults and play all the time, not to mention the kids and people that play when they can. An Unhappy Wizard is one that will not spend money and one that considers leaving, because this game is not supposed to create frustration, but be relief from frustration.

Darthjt, you are so very right. I think we both know of several that are already making changes in their accounts and some even going so far as to cancel subs. A lot of the KIDs have already quit playing and more do everyday when they run into this kind of difficulty. The adults don't want to come home and play a game that is becoming like a second job. They played because it was fun and a good way to relax and actually enjoy doing something with their families.


Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
brwac wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!


So you appreciate the divide in the game of the have's and have not's, me being of the latter, not that I care any more but just saying. What this says is because someone does not have the means to obtain these things they should not be able to have them, only the elite select should. Ok - I get it.

Personally I have decided to ditch crafting past Mooshu it only becomes one big headache for me. I play Wizards for the fun of it period and as others have said making this a job added to my irl job is not for me.

Means is many things starting with time, gold, knowledge and the list goes on to pull these complicated crafts off.

So now because I am actually motivated to get it, means I am part of the "elite select"? I find crafting & gardening actually relaxing, its easier than fighting young morganthe! Sure, you need a rare reagent, but I like to garden, and I always have been gardening. I dont know about others, but "elite select" to me means only a few people can achieve this. By all means, most adults can, its just the fact that they dont want to put the time or effort into it. So those who dont want to use the opportunity, heck, I almost have the tag game already, you're missing out. (Although the only thing that has pestered me a little so far was the drop rate of amber dust and merle's whiskers, I expected it to be more common than that.)

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
Ronster55 wrote:
brwac wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!


So you appreciate the divide in the game of the have's and have not's, me being of the latter, not that I care any more but just saying. What this says is because someone does not have the means to obtain these things they should not be able to have them, only the elite select should. Ok - I get it.

Personally I have decided to ditch crafting past Mooshu it only becomes one big headache for me. I play Wizards for the fun of it period and as others have said making this a job added to my irl job is not for me.

Means is many things starting with time, gold, knowledge and the list goes on to pull these complicated crafts off.

So now because I am actually motivated to get it, means I am part of the "elite select"? I find crafting & gardening actually relaxing, its easier than fighting young morganthe! Sure, you need a rare reagent, but I like to garden, and I always have been gardening. I dont know about others, but "elite select" to me means only a few people can achieve this. By all means, most adults can, its just the fact that they dont want to put the time or effort into it. So those who dont want to use the opportunity, heck, I almost have the tag game already, you're missing out. (Although the only thing that has pestered me a little so far was the drop rate of amber dust and merle's whiskers, I expected it to be more common than that.)


Ronster55, you just really DON'T get it do you? Have you not noticed how many YOUNG players are quitting this game? A game that is supposed to be rated E10+. Have you not watched the sites to see even how many adults are frustrated with this?

Maybe you have the time to farm bosses or what have you for hours on end, but there are a lot of parents that would normally be playing with their families that no LONGER do that because of the difficulties that have been popping up since Cl was added. Now with this new crafting requirement, many have just about had enough. I know I have and I will not be putting this kind of work into crafting which I like many others enjoyed doing. NOW it is like a second job and I am not wasting my time on it.

This is one reagent and recipe that SERIOUSLY needs to be brought back into prospective with the game. Having something that only a few can achieve is not my idea of fun nor is it FAIR to the rest of the community.

CL, ZF and now Avalon? These worlds are more like working that second job. It is no longer fun or Magical.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
144
Willowdreamer wrote:
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.


Whoa! Everybody slow down! Be happy that THEY MADE IT EASIER FOR YOU to get amber!!! be happy, ill be one of the first to say: "Thank you, professor Greyrose!"

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
wwiill11 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.


Whoa! Everybody slow down! Be happy that THEY MADE IT EASIER FOR YOU to get amber!!! be happy, ill be one of the first to say: "Thank you, professor Greyrose!"


The only thing that was done, was "a slight increase on the drop rate" during gardening. The whole transmute Amber, is a joke. If they would have used my idea, it would have at least been obtainable, but this is the worst Idea I have ever seen from KI.

Can you explain how it's so much easier?

A+ Student
Feb 25, 2009
1529
wwiill11 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.


Whoa! Everybody slow down! Be happy that THEY MADE IT EASIER FOR YOU to get amber!!! be happy, ill be one of the first to say: "Thank you, professor Greyrose!"


Are you SERIOUS? You call this easy? This is worse than taking on a second JOB and just exactly what most of us don't need when it is time for us to relax and have some fun for a while.

Like Willowdreamer and many others, this is where I draw the line. From this point on, my wizards will NOT be crafting.


Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
goldendragon18 wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
brwac wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!


So you appreciate the divide in the game of the have's and have not's, me being of the latter, not that I care any more but just saying. What this says is because someone does not have the means to obtain these things they should not be able to have them, only the elite select should. Ok - I get it.

Personally I have decided to ditch crafting past Mooshu it only becomes one big headache for me. I play Wizards for the fun of it period and as others have said making this a job added to my irl job is not for me.

Means is many things starting with time, gold, knowledge and the list goes on to pull these complicated crafts off.

So now because I am actually motivated to get it, means I am part of the "elite select"? I find crafting & gardening actually relaxing, its easier than fighting young morganthe! Sure, you need a rare reagent, but I like to garden, and I always have been gardening. I dont know about others, but "elite select" to me means only a few people can achieve this. By all means, most adults can, its just the fact that they dont want to put the time or effort into it. So those who dont want to use the opportunity, heck, I almost have the tag game already, you're missing out. (Although the only thing that has pestered me a little so far was the drop rate of amber dust and merle's whiskers, I expected it to be more common than that.)


Ronster55, you just really DON'T get it do you? Have you not noticed how many YOUNG players are quitting this game? A game that is supposed to be rated E10+. Have you not watched the sites to see even how many adults are frustrated with this?

Maybe you have the time to farm bosses or what have you for hours on end, but there are a lot of parents that would normally be playing with their families that no LONGER do that because of the difficulties that have been popping up since Cl was added. Now with this new crafting requirement, many have just about had enough. I know I have and I will not be putting this kind of work into crafting which I like many others enjoyed doing. NOW it is like a second job and I am not wasting my time on it.

This is one reagent and recipe that SERIOUSLY needs to be brought back into prospective with the game. Having something that only a few can achieve is not my idea of fun nor is it FAIR to the rest of the community.

CL, ZF and now Avalon? These worlds are more like working that second job. It is no longer fun or Magical.

I am a young player, I havent quit, heck, no one said you have to craft the spells or the games, I dont think they will be needed in any crafting quets, so why are you so angry? Just because of someones age that means that they cant do it? Ageism much? Now I understand their mind isnt fully developed, but that does mean they cant figure it out. I am not an adult, heck, not even in high school yet, but that doesnt stop me from being able to comprehend. So now that its E10+ the standards must be lowered just so young ones can achieve it, and make it even easier on the adults? This is a FAMILIES game, not a kids game. Even so, I had my opinion on Amber, ya ya, its rare, congradulations, cant take 5 minutes of your day to check on plants? Ok, then dont garden, no one said you MUST have amber to be successful in the game. Crafting is optional just like gardening and PvP, and pets. Heck, most of my friends dont even know what amber is still! They havent quit, not one of my friends have quit because of amber, even one that is my friends sister, who is 9, she is determined, she just needed a little bit of help here and there. Dont craft, so what, the next crafting quest probably wont need amber, I bet.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
well i just read this and i have something to say as well. the regents required for just 1 amber are ludicrous and you need 12 just for one spell or item. and not to mention the cost of the sunstone and golden pearls witch cost 3500 each unless you have the patience to garden. these dungeons that you have put these new regents in are the dungeons that everyone hates already but now making them do it over and over just for a chance at getting what you need to transmute amber in a so called easier way again is ludicrous. btw for those of you who say we should be thankful and the challenge should be almost impossible theres only 2 things i can think about you. addicted to games or soloey commited to this game so much so that you cheer on anything they throw your way. sorry if i sounded offensive.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
2
I would like Amber to be dropped from the Evil Magma Peas too, as they drop all the other rare-harvest reagents; and there are no other crown plants that drop Amber. Please Professor Greyrose, can you see what you can do about this; it would be awesome if we could harvest Amber from EMP too!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
This one totally floored me, not in a good way either. My crafting days are over. I have enough stress in real life. I don't need the game I play to RELAX heaping more stress on me. Some how I think the game designers have forgotten the game is supposed to be FUN and ENTERTAINING not a second, third and fourth job.

I an not amused. I am dismayed and angry.

Megan


Let the Church say AMEN!

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
mkt3 wrote:
You guys asked for a transmute, you got a transmute. Did you expect it to be hard? You shouldn't have. You should have expected it to be ridiculously hard. These are actual spells you get forever, or an actual game you can play at your house. There gonna be extremley hard, and I think its intended to be. I'm currently crafting the ninja pig spell, and I think sooner or later i'll craft it. I do those hard core dungeons a lot anyway. You cant expect everything in this game to be easy.


Thanks I am just we needed your "shoot from the hip" dose of reality, however, I dont remember anyone asking. Did I miss a post?

Look I know this is common but if you are not KI then stop pretending to be and stop defending them like you were in the meeting. We wanted the transmute because its and impossible reqeant. Not because we wanted to cheat because transmutes arent free nor are they normally simple.

But what is being complained about it the ridiculous amount of effort asked for the likes of a 5 pip spell that is at best a novelty. We all KNOW we dont have to have it. So spare us the "pay to play at your own risk" tone.

We all seem to agree that this particular venture is not only stressful because all the regeants required are ultra-rare it (and no one want stress in a game they play to relieve it) you are being required to farm over and over to collect some and plant for others none of them can be harvested and this REQUIRES hours of dedication to that goal.

Who on earth would think that is fun? Really, I have had to take my time and do other things i am interested in and farm and plant casually. But by the time I am ready to craft it i am pretty sure i will have moved on. I am almost ready to now.

This is sad and the saddest part is I think KI will just stand its ground on this. Because once we except these conditions crafting spells it more profitable than giving them away. Ironically they are only 5 pips spells when the only likely crafters have to be over (technically) level 70 to craft it. Oh and again why was there no fire spell? Are we jealous of the Fire Professor (she is after all a hottie from hottytown..lol) because the fire school got nada?

I hope this gets posted, normally I dont care because I know you all read it but today i stand with the others. This was not an improvement. Its kind of insulting.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
brwac wrote:
Ronster55 wrote:
I am actually, unlike most, somewhat pleased with the recipe. I dont want to see others running around with craftable spells or housing games! I want it to be rare! Sure, its difficult, I was hoping for MORE actually. I was hoping that aquamarines would actually be used in this recipe! (Make shells rare... hehe) The only thing that troubles me is the sunstone, and I have 85 of it. Plus 50 for the spell! 174 sunstone! Finally something to put to use!


So you appreciate the divide in the game of the have's and have not's, me being of the latter, not that I care any more but just saying. What this says is because someone does not have the means to obtain these things they should not be able to have them, only the elite select should. Ok - I get it.

Personally I have decided to ditch crafting past Mooshu it only becomes one big headache for me. I play Wizards for the fun of it period and as others have said making this a job added to my irl job is not for me.

Means is many things starting with time, gold, knowledge and the list goes on to pull these complicated crafts off.


Ok I get what you are saying but i am pretty Elite already and I dont have it lol. I have all the gear and all the spells that most do, if you con farm it or buy it and i wanted it i got it.

But this isnt about being elite this about not have a life. Which is how you have to be in order to get this. I dont like the idea of being forced to plant and farm and pay.

Here's my suggestion get rid of amber. You just made it up it wasnt apart of the deal up til now and quite frankly, I get rare item and the value of it, but can we remember its 5-spell that only level 70 grandmaster crafters can make isnt that rare enough? Why make the impossible dream?

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
412
wwiill11 wrote:
Willowdreamer wrote:
Nope, Nope, Nope -- not gonna do it -- not gonna farm all hours day and night for a chance to get these new reagents.

It's an amusing recipe all right, I thought maybe I could go visit Merle and do a special quest and be rewarded with a hair from his beard. Having to farm super-hard hours-long dungeons is NOT amusing.

Swing and a miss, Professor.


Whoa! Everybody slow down! Be happy that THEY MADE IT EASIER FOR YOU to get amber!!! be happy, ill be one of the first to say: "Thank you, professor Greyrose!"


Thats just it Willowdreamer, they havent made it easier at all. the recipe for the transmute is almost as hard as the regeant and why waste time farming for one rare reagent to make another?

Makes no sense, and just saying its easier doesnt make it so.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Sojourna wrote:
mkt3 wrote:
You guys asked for a transmute, you got a transmute. Did you expect it to be hard? You shouldn't have. You should have expected it to be ridiculously hard. These are actual spells you get forever, or an actual game you can play at your house. There gonna be extremley hard, and I think its intended to be. I'm currently crafting the ninja pig spell, and I think sooner or later i'll craft it. I do those hard core dungeons a lot anyway. You cant expect everything in this game to be easy.


Thanks I am just we needed your "shoot from the hip" dose of reality, however, I dont remember anyone asking. Did I miss a post?

Actually there was an entire thread on it, for the transmute :P

Look I know this is common but if you are not KI then stop pretending to be and stop defending them like you were in the meeting. We wanted the transmute because its and impossible reqeant. Not because we wanted to cheat because transmutes arent free nor are they normally simple.
Stop saying we are defending KI for stating our opinion. We think different.

But what is being complained about it the ridiculous amount of effort asked for the likes of a 5 pip spell that is at best a novelty. We all KNOW we dont have to have it. So spare us the "pay to play at your own risk" tone.
where is the risk exactly? xD
We all seem to agree that this particular venture is not only stressful because all the regeants required are ultra-rare it (and no one want stress in a game they play to relieve it) you are being required to farm over and over to collect some and plant for others none of them can be harvested and this REQUIRES hours of dedication to that goal. It isnt that stressful, gardening relaxes me personally.

Who on earth would think that is fun? Really, I have had to take my time and do other things i am interested in and farm and plant casually. But by the time I am ready to craft it i am pretty sure i will have moved on. I am almost ready to now. I think its fun :D

This is sad and the saddest part is I think KI will just stand its ground on this. Because once we except these conditions crafting spells it more profitable than giving them away. Ironically they are only 5 pips spells when the only likely crafters have to be over (technically) level 70 to craft it. Oh and again why was there no fire spell? Are we jealous of the Fire Professor (she is after all a hottie from hottytown..lol) because the fire school got nada?I wish there was a fire spell personally. And she literally is a hottie, LOL.
PS: level 70 should be 60, just a typo, you have to have ACCESS to zafaria :P (Although odds are you will be like 65 or something by that time)

I hope this gets posted, normally I dont care because I know you all read it but today i stand with the others. This was not an improvement. Its kind of insulting. Its only a reagent! D: I want it to stay, but you can think that way if you want.