Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amber!

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
Well I dove into the amber quest a couple of nights ago.
First was a night of farming for White Tiger Lilies. Grand total of zero for the night.
Last night decided to switch to KP, as the WTL quest was not going to work out for a part time player. Grand total of 2 KP from about 40 or so fights. This is going to be a long road. At least I can put KPs in my existing plots for my magma peas.

Does anyone have a realistic time frame on seed to elder for KPs, with all likes? Central seems a bit lacking on the total time and I wanted to know what kind of time frame I was looking at.
Thanks,
pods

I would guess:
0 Likes - To scared to even think, probably a month.
1 like - 3 weeks
2 likes - 2.5 weeks
3 likes (The average) - 2.2 weeks
4 likes - 2 weeks
5 likes - 1.7 weeks

Thats what I noticed, dont trust the 1 or 2 likes thing though, thats a guestimate.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Thanks Ronster! I spent time farming for the bubbling cauldron yesterday, to no avail, so my wife bought it for me. :)
Now I have 5 likes and 5 KP in. They do seem to grow slow, way slower than my EMPs.
pods

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
Thanks Ronster! I spent time farming for the bubbling cauldron yesterday, to no avail, so my wife bought it for me. :)
Now I have 5 likes and 5 KP in. They do seem to grow slow, way slower than my EMPs.
pods

Thats one generous wife... lol. I got muztown from Central to gift me one. Love it :D

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
pods1973 wrote:
pods

Thats one generous wife... lol. I got muztown from Central to gift me one. Love it :D

Haha, she had some leftover crowns from our last bulk purchase. :)

As for farming, I now have like 12 KPs, had about 6 elder harvests, nada amber. I just keep checking daily and plant any seeds I get at mature harvest.
In about a month or so I should have a full 32 plot garden full of them.
I have been away from playing and now only log on to check the garden and use the leftover energy to train my dragon. Now at like 1400 xp, so mega should be reached by the end of the week. Not really thrilled about it, as my pet already has the talents I wanted.

I have this sinking feeling that when I finally do get Deer Knight, it will be just as I feared. That I do not even need the spell. It might be nice when I am helping out my kids in MS or DS, but in avalon I don't see how it is going to help me. As it is my wiz gets taken down to about half health from the mobs before he can unleash a fully buffed scarecrow.
Oh well. Maybe the next update will have some crafted gear that is actually worth crafting, ala the WT gear?
pods

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
pods1973 wrote:
Haha, she had some leftover crowns from our last bulk purchase. :)

As for farming, I now have like 12 KPs, had about 6 elder harvests, nada amber. I just keep checking daily and plant any seeds I get at mature harvest.
In about a month or so I should have a full 32 plot garden full of them.
I have been away from playing and now only log on to check the garden and use the leftover energy to train my dragon. Now at like 1400 xp, so mega should be reached by the end of the week. Not really thrilled about it, as my pet already has the talents I wanted.

I have this sinking feeling that when I finally do get Deer Knight, it will be just as I feared. That I do not even need the spell. It might be nice when I am helping out my kids in MS or DS, but in avalon I don't see how it is going to help me. As it is my wiz gets taken down to about half health from the mobs before he can unleash a fully buffed scarecrow.
Oh well. Maybe the next update will have some crafted gear that is actually worth crafting, ala the WT gear?
pods

True. :/ But hey, don't you farm for decorated school-symbol gear? I do :P Those are all in mooshu and below from what I have seen. Thats what makes avalon spells useful. Just like brimstone will be for me. In case meowiarty lives, ya know? XD (Although a colossal firecat does around 500 LOL)
Deer knight for one shotting enemies will be EXTREMELY helpful!
And the crafted gear IMO is worth it.

Hat: The critical is INSANE!
Robe: Extra critical, barely any other stats lost.
Boots: Block boots that give 86 block, AMAZING.

And yay... King parsley won't give me any extra amber anytime soon <3

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well once I get the sidhe staff from Mirror Lake I wont be as upset about the loss in power pips. And when I have my triple damage pet that will almost make up for the damage loss in AV gear (from WW/WT).
I do like the block, and it really is needed in AV.
Have not checked on the crafted hat, will have to look into that one. I have kind of gotten over critical, as even when I do critical, bosses block, even with vengeance up (base crit 127 now). And I calculate needed damage on mobs without crit.
As I near the end of AV, I will start to go back and farm for unique stuff.
Deer Knight will be crafted, as once I decide to do something, I do it. So now my EMP plots have been invaded by KPs.
pods

Defender
May 13, 2009
I love it how Amber was added to the game. Finally something hard and time consuming! I love games that are really hard!!! (Especially since this game is pretty easy)

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I know you must have heard this a million times but, i totally disagree with having to craft deer knight at all. Ninja pigs? Myth has had that as a plentiful treasure card for forever. Deer Knight? Not only is it hard to get as a treasure card at the bazaar, but its way too hard to craft.

Gardening to get amber? You didnt get us to join this game so we can plant a garden.

And I am sorry, but i have fought the pendragon and all those other bosses multiple times and i only have a hair from Merle Ambrose towards the recipe to even attempt thinking about crafting a reagent for deer knight.

And Why do we have to craft it? Death is the only school that does not have multi attack that is effective to put out heavy damage. Please dont tell us that we can stack blades on our scarecrows etc etc etc. You know what i mean. We have no version of meteor strike, tempest, Ra, Forest Lord etc etc. Deer Knight was the closest thing to it. And are we allowed to even farm the spell to learn it like Goat Monk or Ninja Pigs or Samoori? No. Is it even a quest that we can learn? No.

So, the impossibly hard, yet definitely Deserved Deer Knight spell stays out of our grasp. Have you not made enough money yet from people buying the Knight's Lore pack to get Deer Knight?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well I am now on the board with amber. Only 11 more to go. I think I had about 15 or so elder harvests of KP.
I now have almost a full 32 plot going, so let's hope that I will be casting deer knight before Christmas.
pods

Survivor
May 13, 2009
and if you are trying for some of those new spells i would just rather test your luck with the packs and if you dont get any of those spells at least you will get some armor :D

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I'm against amber now.

Sorry KI, but 181 Elder King Parsleys with 0 amber IN A ROW is obnoxious.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
I'm against amber now.

Sorry KI, but 181 Elder King Parsleys with 0 amber IN A ROW is obnoxious.

Bummer Ronster. I am 1 for 40 something I think. Still sitting at a grand total of 1. I now have about 50 going on two characters, but I am really not optimistic about seeing any amber anytime soon.
I would like to see what the actual drop rate is for these. From reading past harvests, it seemed to be around 2% give or take. Now if it is along your rate, we are looking at like 0.5%.
That is crazy.
pods

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
MY STREAK HAS ENDED! At 337 Elder King Parsleys in a row, I FINALLY got 1 amber! I should celebrate this!

PS: Why were over 50 of my posts deleted? I was 1010 posts the other day? :I

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Rony The Turtle on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
MY STREAK HAS ENDED! At 337 Elder King Parsleys in a row, I FINALLY got 1 amber! I should celebrate this!

PS: Why were over 50 of my posts deleted? I was 1010 posts the other day? :I
Wow, that is a crazy streak. I think I am in my 50's on elders with no amber.

My wife planted 3 KPs and did not receive a single seed at mature harvests, greatly angering her. Of course I told her to plant them, so we know where the anger was directed.
She harvested them at elder, and low and behold she got a seed from each (as you should), and 1 amber.
1 for 3 she is.

pods

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Megan Frostriver on Jun 19, 2012 wrote:
This one totally floored me, not in a good way either. My crafting days are over. I have enough stress in real life. I don't need the game I play to RELAX heaping more stress on me. Some how I think the game designers have forgotten the game is supposed to be FUN and ENTERTAINING not a second, third and fourth job.

I an not amused. I am dismayed and angry.

Megan
And there it is! Well said! Stress and another Job! KingsIsle is going to lose more players than just the kids.
Mattie

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
My next streak has ended also at 74 elders.
Lets go for only 50 this time! :D

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I have had some recent good luck with amber. I am up to 8 now, and have 74 KPs going elder in a couple of days. So Deer Knight might be a lot closer than previously calculated.
I am not sure if my luck changed or if KI upped the drop rate. Either way I am well on my way to Deer Knight!
pods

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
Im up 10 ambers too a month after i crafted deer knight spell. I think a slight increase in drop rate happened already or im just lucky this past month.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I guess what grandmother raven giveth, she taketh away as well?
74 elder KP harvested, 1 amber.
:(
pods

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I dont thik so Professor... I think I will just wait a bit and then buy 60000 crowns when they are on sale and support you guys and then buy a pack untill i get the card i want. I would rather spend $60 then trudge through 2-3 months of farming and gardening ( even if I am a legendary gardener ) so be prepared for a purchase.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Idk i just buy keepers lore packs and get an amber about every 4th pack or so. Beats waiting for 3 months to farm or harvest. Im not wasting my time just to get a card thats not even worthy.

Atm im crafting brimstone remnant and it isnt worth my time so i just buy a few packs here an there until i have the amber, Cool thing is by going this route you may end up from the card in the pack lol.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I just got my biggest haul for Amber. Maybe a part of the release of Azteca?

7/40 KP

Survivor
Apr 19, 2012
What is the reason to make a transmutation spell for a reagent that is ridiculously hard to get using new dropped reagents that are ridiculously hard to get? The games can be bought for crowns. It should not be impossible to craft for players without crowns. :?

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
pohbear64 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
What is the reason to make a transmutation spell for a reagent that is ridiculously hard to get using new dropped reagents that are ridiculously hard to get? The games can be bought for crowns. It should not be impossible to craft for players without crowns. :?
Well I used very few crowns for crafting Deer Knight. I farmed DS bosses for King Parsleys, and only used crowns for buying the bubbling cauldrons (a KP like). It can be done.
Way easier than trying to transmute amber. KPs exponentially reproduce as well, so you can have as many as you can plant in no time.
My advice would be to farm for 3-4 king parsley seeds and plant with all the likes (it does involve crowns for the bubbling cauldron, but I think it can be farmed in MS).
That and patience.
As a sidebar, the amber rate seems to have increased, at least in my wife's case. She got 4 the other night out of probably 15 or so elder KP harvests. It rekindled her interest in the spell. Of course seeing a critical, bladed deer knight do 2k in damage for the initial hit is motivating as well.
pods

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011