Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

You decide on a new world!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
A city based in Earth. I would love to see a night life neon/rave type of city.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
Bigboss1029 on Nov 21, 2020 wrote:
Isn't there already Celestia for the atlantis based world and Avalon for the fantasy pun world?

The other ones seems neat. A moon world or a futuristic one seems cool.
the OP was written in 2008, right when the game came out. Alot of these worlds mentioned in the earliest posts are the worlds we have now.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
As a Pirate101 player, I'm waiting to see Skull Island and Monquista show up in W101. It would be awesome to quest in Wizard city from Pirate101, idk if it's already done, as I 'm still sailing around Valencia! Ya Har!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I agree with the game of thrones world from a previous post. Another idea could be a Alice in wonderland sort of world. or maybe jam pack all the childhood stories in one world, I think a previous post mentioned like going into a book... That would be cool, each chapter could be a different part of the world. and the end part of the chapter would be to challenge the villian of that story, like the queen of hearts.. and for the street mobs there would be the other characters from each story, ei, mobs of white rabbits who are late and throwing pocket watches at you, or mad hatters and tea, deck of card guards and half painted roses, etc. The Cheshire cat and Absolem(the catapillar) would be helping you through the world.

What do you think?

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Digby Life on Nov 8, 2020 wrote:
When I think of a new world, I want to think of a space that hasn't been explored by wizard101 yet. Some sort of culture or significant climate and geography that hasn't been made into a world, gauntlet, or area. To that end, I have some ideas that I think might fit that bill.

One Idea I have is for a completely underground cave-based world. I know this is kind of like Wizard City Sewers, but I don't necessarily think so. Your enemies would be things like moles, bats, worms, and other underground creatures. Everything would be in caves and the like, and you could even put this "new world" into an old world. I envision some sort of questline where you are trying to save the main city from caving in, or maybe there is some mining corporation that has gone too far and has become evil.
Another idea I have is for a mountainous Himalayan-like area. Basically a very mountainous world with mountain goats, snow leopards, and stuff like that. You could give big variety of terrain in a world like this, with caves and hot springs and small villages. This questline idea might be a little dark, but there could be a group of Marleybone-based(or other modern species in Wizard101) group of hunters that is threatening the local populations due to poaching and the like.

One final idea that I have that I think hasn't been explored yet is a toss up between two. Ok so it is two that I think could work, but I don't know how. One is that wizards invade pirate101, and then the hero has to go save pirate101 from destruction. This one might be too meta, but it could be nostalgic when you show off popular pirate101 locations and characters, and you get to pay homage to the other game. The other idea is a Spain-based world, but more in the past. Could have the inquisition and stuff like that, and maybe they are trying to fight off a foreign invader? Idk, but it sounds cool.

I am open to any suggestions and changes in the comments, and sorry for such a long read. Wizard101 is tough to think of new space that hasn't been explored yet, because somehow the developers have taken a lot of different cultures and environments from around the world and made something out of them. Thanks bones for the chance for us to share!
There is already a piece of a Himalayan world in the game, Kembaalung village and it's two part dungeon for level 25+, Shangri-Ba. Some of the gear the dungeon bosses drop is named "Himoolayan" xxx, which suggests Kembaalung is part of a world called Himoolaya. The Kembaalung quest dialog suggests Kembaalung is close to Mooshu, and the "moo" part of the name Himoolaya further suggests an association with Mooshu. Perhaps you have to go to Mooshu to get to Himoolaya, much the way you go through Grizzleheim to get to Wintertusk.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Alexis StormWeaver on Dec 11, 2020 wrote:
I agree with the game of thrones world from a previous post. Another idea could be a Alice in wonderland sort of world. or maybe jam pack all the childhood stories in one world, I think a previous post mentioned like going into a book... That would be cool, each chapter could be a different part of the world. and the end part of the chapter would be to challenge the villian of that story, like the queen of hearts.. and for the street mobs there would be the other characters from each story, ei, mobs of white rabbits who are late and throwing pocket watches at you, or mad hatters and tea, deck of card guards and half painted roses, etc. The Cheshire cat and Absolem(the catapillar) would be helping you through the world.

What do you think?
This sounds very cool. And unlike my Game of Thrones suggestion, it involves stories that have long been in the public domain, avoiding the IP issues a Game of Thrones world have to carefully dance around.

I particularly like the idea of "Like going into a book". Maybe there is a book pedestal near the start, and you have to unlock chapters to get access to the various zones. Instead of having individual teleport portals, the book pedestal is the teleport hub, and functions like a mini-Bartleby, you open it and select a world from a "table of contents" similar to the menu to other worlds Bartleby offers you. Then you get back to the book just by teleporting to the common area, which by default puts you near the book, or if the book is in a separate zone from the common area there is a single teleport link from the common zone to the book zone, similar to the stone near the ship dock in Wintertusk that teleports you to the teleport hub in Hrundle Fjord.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Survivor
Dec 24, 2013
Maybe a world like Aquila where there are dungeons that can be done for gear, tc's, and other stuff.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2019
I saw this from another suggestion, so creds go's to that person haha.
The world could be an Alice in wonderland themed world. I personally think it could bring a whole new perspective when compared to other worlds like Krok, Marley, Dragonspyre etc.
Some things in the world could include:
- As for scenery, you could make it a majestic, beautiful, flowery, lively and dreamy-- if that makes sense.
- For creatures in the world, there could be bunnies, well-dressed women/men (kind of like Marleybone), fluffy grey bratty cats, maybe even bratty princesses..?
- For gear you could make poofy dresses, hats could be something related to monocles (one eyed glasses thingy), for guys' clothes it could be 'messy-done' suits like they did it in a hurry (if you get what I mean), hats could include a tall top-hat with messy pointy hair coming out from both sides.
- For a potential boss, you could do a giant giant women in a poofy dress.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
hbeatbaby on Aug 14, 2008 wrote:
atlantis!
Ok, this is super cool. Yeah, I agree, something around the lines of Atlantis, of maybe, yeah, a world that's like, in the future.

Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Holland world including birds bisons and water animals

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Darkmoor needs to be a complete world! Or at least a significant offshoot like Wintertusk! The dungeon has a great storyline, gear, theme, animations, spells, and drops!

Survivor
Aug 19, 2015
Everyone's world ideas sound great!

As you guys remember, at least those that completed Empyrea, there is this area in Empyrea called Nexus. As we can recall, one of the dungeons had an evil Headmaster Ambrose boss and a distorted version of Ravenwood. I had discussed this with my brother, who also plays the game, we imagine the last world of the fourth arc to be similar to such a dungeon. Maybe taking us back to Wizard City, but not really Wizard City as we all know it, but a dark and gloomy Wizard City. I do not mean to throw out any spoilers but this idea was inspired between a combination of Nexus from Empyrea and the eerie ending of Karamelle.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
DanTheTerrible on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Perhaps we could have a world dedicated to Roman mythology and bits of ancient Roman history. I know we already have Aquila, which is based on Greek mythology, but Aquila is only a small side world dedicated to farmable dungeons. What I have in mind would be a full mainline world based on ancient Rome.

The main big bad might be a version of Mars, the Roman God of war. Ancient Rome was an incredibly militaristic state and openly worshipped Mars as a figure of virtue, but other cultures saw him differently. The Greeks included a similar figure, Ares, in their mythology, but the Greeks did not so much worship Ares as vilify him for all the destruction and hardship war caused. I propose the Rome W101 world use the name Mars but give him the Greek negative attributes: bloodthirstiness, destruction, chaos, and senseless death.

The W101 version of Rome would be an apparently shining and glorious part of the spiral, but as the player's wizard explores it, dark undercurrents become apparent that give the place a much darker feel. Most of the work is done by slaves captured by military conquest. Success in battle is regarded as more important than all other virtues. Genocide is considered business as usual. Most of the wealth and all of the art are stolen from conquered cultures.

The various henchmen the questing wizard battles might have names taken from positions in the Roman army. Velites, hastati, principes, triarii, legionaries, and auxilia. Leaders would be decurians, centurians, and legates. Military units are organized into legions, cohorts, and maniples. The nominal leader of the Roman state, the mortal answerable to Mars, might be a consul who has followed Julius Caesar's example and seized power as dictator -- in Roman law dictator was an official position granted to a consul giving extraordinary but short term emergency powers; however Caesar abused the position by maneuvering to make it permanent rather than temporary.

There might be a slave revolt, led by a Spartacus analogue. Freedom fighters in the slave revolt might take their names from classes of Roman gladiators: retarius, secutor, samnite, etc. The revolt is in the process of being bloodily crushed when the wizard happens along to save the day, of course.

Other deities from the Roman pantheon might interact with Mars. Most would probably oppose him or at least be indifferent, but perhaps a couple become his allies. The allies could be painted as unsavory types and taken from the darker bits of Roman mythology, perhaps Mars is assisted by Pluto, god of death and the underworld, and Bacchus, god of drunken licentiousness. One of the more benevolent Roman deities, such as Jupiter, Apollo or Juno, might become the questing wizard's advisor in his adventures.

The cult of Vesta, traditionally presided over by the Vestal virgins, was an integral part of the Roman state. The W101 world might include some version of the cult of Vesta. Perhaps some miscreant associated with Mars, maybe a follower of Bacchus, threatens the purity of a vestal. You probably can't use the word virgin or directly imply rape in a kid's game, but you can give hints that make it clear to the older players.

There are many, many bits of Roman mythology that could be incorporated, far more than I can list here. Perhaps a KingsIsle employee or two could read one of the many good books on Greco-Roman mythology out there, try to filter out the Greek stuff and concentrate on the Roman, and expand on what I have written above.
Read my post. I also want a bigger mythological world but greek. Also Ares is more a kind of trying-to-get-on-top sort of god rather than a destruction one also people worshiped him too.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2016
I think what was started with the Fantastic Fairytale Bundle would be an excellent idea for a new world. What if we went to a Grimm world where each location/area represented a different classic fairytale, and we meet characters along the way that have to do with that fairytale? There could be a Cinderella area, a Rapunzel area, a Hansel and Gretel forest, a Sleeping Beauty area, a Little Mermaid area, etc., (and, of course, stick more with the Grimm/Hans Christen Anderson sides of the story because of copyright reasons.) This could even be a fun side world where a new area opens up every year or twice a year or something, and new fairytales could be added every so often. Another possible idea is that it could be a side world for lower levels (like Grizzleheim, but maybe more around the time of late arc 2 since there are no side worlds then, or it could start as early as level 15 and have a new area open up every 15 levels or so.) Fairytales are so fun, and I can’t believe Wizard101 doesn’t have them incorporated more! I definitely think it would appeal to new players and people of all ages.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
a cloud or sky themed world with birds and other flying animals. it can have a crazy bat as a final boss. for the story you're trying the calm down a raging cloud who is destroying the homes of the sky creatures.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2015
The homeworld of Jaki and Zander would be cool. A nature like Australian vibe, and also some parts which resemble the photos seen in Jaki's room. So like, a mix of wallaru and the world Jaki comes from. Maybe their world is under attack by the Oni's or something, and they need your assitance. I don't know.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
chickenstrip dino on Jan 10, 2021 wrote:
a cloud or sky themed world with birds and other flying animals. it can have a crazy bat as a final boss. for the story you're trying the calm down a raging cloud who is destroying the homes of the sky creatures.
To simple, I think and bat is not that scary, remember Bartalby's phrase about the next boss or end of next arc or the first HUGE ending, that he sees nothing when he looks behind the waves of challenges, a bat is not that scary, the final boss should be nothingness and you see not creature.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2020
Wizard101FanWiki on Aug 13, 2008 wrote:
How about an Atlantis themed world. All under water with mermaids and mermen, fish, sharks, coral, and more.

How about a Futuristic World. Or based on a kind of old sci-fi idea of futuristic. Robots, flashing lights, teleporter's, sleek building, etc.

How about a Moon Base world.

As a Piers Anthony fan how about a world of fantasy with pun speaking players. :-)

Along same line above say some World that speaks in riddles.

Of course their is always the classic knights, castles, dragons, and maidens in distress; medieval world idea.

Maybe a racing themed world.
Or an Amusement park themed world.

Then there is always the idea of worlds with individual school themes.

Thats just some ideas off top of my head.
Lol wow this was from 2008 this first reply to what world would like to be seen and this sounds exactly like celestia xD like the first reply turned out to be the world, Celestia! Thats crazy lol i seen that and it had to be where the idea came from o.o

Survivor
Jun 30, 2019
ONE WITH A KIND OF ALADDIN TYPE THEME!!!! OR LIKE A OLD TURKISH THEME

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
The locked Cabal area in the Arcanum needs to be open since we need to have a quest on how it started and why they started the faction before they were united in the Arcanum, need to know their backstory, knowing that Medulla is the leader of the Cabal.. We need to know how the great schism started between Arcanum and the Cabal thorugh the quests so the Arcanum Liaison can get better understanding and finding a way to unite both of them since Karamelle has started with the Old One trying to unite both Arcanum and The Cabal after being swallowed by the cavity.. That needs further investigation for the Arcanum Liaison with quests, new spells, new cabal gear (the cabal mask looks cool), spells, weapons, et cetera. Need to happen after the main protagonist (Arcanum Liaison) needs to finish the next Karamelle story with him/herself after defeating the divine paradox (themselves) and further investigate that cryptic message Bartleby gave him/her...

Survivor
May 28, 2011
hmmmk on Aug 14, 2008 wrote:
BlackIce had some really great ideas that I'd be interested in seeing! :)

I'd also like to see those that Firlan suggested.

What about some worlds that are stylized, such as Salvador Dali, Pablo Picaso, Renoir, Paul Klee, M.C. Escher, George Pierre Seurat, or even more cartoony? Could even be just one world that encompasses running through these artists famous works.

Interesting would be a world of optical illusions.

Underground, such as from the point of view of worms, ants, groundhogs, etc.

Land of entirely plants - orchards, vegetable gardens, flower gardens, meadows, etc.

World of musical instruments or musical objects such as sheet music or victrola's

Ancient Greece or Rome

Nordic Vikings

A world only in the sky

Playground or school building setting

A world in the trees or in a single tree with with things like tree houses, monkeys, flying squirrels, etc.

A gypsy world

Candy or sweets world with gingerbread people

A ghost town or the wild west

A cyber world, encompassed in a computer.

In a typical home, but from the view of a mouse or "The Borrowers"

In a book with a story like Tom Sawyer, Huckleberry Finn or Pippi Longstocking.

World full of crystals, prisms & rainbows - all just color and sparkles

Only soft things, like pillows, marshmallows, clouds, etc. Could include super, sticky sweet, cutesy critters

A mansion or castle with hidden or secret passages.

A mystery world with famous detectives and a mystery to solve. Sherlock Homes, Hercule Poirot, Charlie Chan, Nancy Drew, Sam Spade, Perry Mason, etc.

Silent film or Roaring Twenties world.

vikings would be lit

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Survivor
Sep 24, 2019
I'd like to see a world where you're fighting humans who are trying to wipe out the native species, instead of the other way around

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
I bet someone else has already said this, but maybe Wallaru as a world? I believe that is the world zander is from, and Jaki Whisperwind has mentioned it before