Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

WIZARD 101-Scythia: the 8th world

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
This will be my last post for a while. I'm running out of Subscription today, and hope to get some more in a month or so. But I wanted to congratulate you on your works. When I get much older, I hope to be writing as good as you, if not then close to what you're writing. That's the kind of bar I have to set myself to. Thank you for giving me competition, and thank you more for introducing a very intriguing storyline. That's five star material, you can make it much more than a simple story KingsIsle can use. Though that is your decision and not mine. I wish you a good-night and a happy future.

Goodbye for a while ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
This will be my last post for a while. I'm running out of Subscription today, and hope to get some more in a month or so. But I wanted to congratulate you on your works. When I get much older, I hope to be writing as good as you, if not then close to what you're writing. That's the kind of bar I have to set myself to. Thank you for giving me competition, and thank you more for introducing a very intriguing storyline. That's five star material, you can make it much more than a simple story KingsIsle can use. Though that is your decision and not mine. I wish you a good-night and a happy future.

Goodbye for a while ...

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Farewell, friend.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

sorry to hear aobut your sub Oran. maybe you can tray save up 80 bucks for a year sub and then you can work on another year's sub during that time. I know times are hard on all of us. Hope ot see you on the boards soon.

And good luck with writing your future stories. I am glad I could be an inspiration.

Does anyone notice that there is a quest for the golden apple in WT? isn't that in my story?!!!!!!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

sorry to hear aobut your sub Oran. maybe you can tray save up 80 bucks for a year sub and then you can work on another year's sub during that time. I know times are hard on all of us. Hope ot see you on the boards soon.

And good luck with writing your future stories. I am glad I could be an inspiration.

Does anyone notice that there is a quest for the golden apple in WT? isn't that in my story?!!!!!!

Oran, I too am sorry that you are leaving us and also hope to see you back soon. Take care.

Nico, I have not been able to run much in WT due to the graphics issue that I hope KI gets fixed soon. A lot of players are getting frustrated with it already and it is just to hard to fight what you can't see. Plus it is very hard on the eyes.

I will have to go back and read your story again, but I think you may be right.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I think maria has too much on her hands at the moment. She has freshly started a clan and is pretty much doing that full time so am gonna re-open the thread for a new editor.

Goods news though, we have over 3000 views!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:

I think maria has too much on her hands at the moment. She has freshly started a clan and is pretty much doing that full time so am gonna re-open the thread for a new editor.

Goods news though, we have over 3000 views!

I am sorry to hear that, but I did think we would see more of the edited material by now. Since I am subscribed to this thread, I will be watching for any posts here.

And yes, I have noticed the views are climbing and glad. I would be nice to see some posts from them too.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

on the hunt for a new editor. still haven't finished waterworks, can't get any help. just great.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
nilrem100 wrote:
Well Nico The Alchemyts is an actual book. and Set was a the gods of storm and chaos! Osiris should be the level 68 death spell. He is the god of death. here are my ideas.

Nemisis: Greek goddess of balance. 900-950. Got the idea from Percy Jackson.

Set: Egyptian god of storm. 700 and a balance over time spell for all. Got the idea from the Kane Chronicles

Ice: posidon greek god of water sommons the power of the sea hites 800-900
Apollo: Greek god of the sun. 800-1000

Osiris: Egyptian god of death. Hits all enemies 800 and gives caster half. much like Scarecrow but way better

Myth: aphrodite Greek goddess of love hit with love arrow 800-900 and stune for 2 rounds
Hecate: Greek goddess of magic. She swings her green sword and all enemies get hit by 700-900. Life damage over time spell on all enemies.
i figured those would be good for those to schools i added myth and ice :)

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Bredegi wrote:
nilrem100 wrote:
Well Nico The Alchemyts is an actual book. and Set was a the gods of storm and chaos! Osiris should be the level 68 death spell. He is the god of death. here are my ideas.

Nemisis: Greek goddess of balance. 900-950. Got the idea from Percy Jackson.

Set: Egyptian god of storm. 700 and a balance over time spell for all. Got the idea from the Kane Chronicles

Ice: No idea.

Apollo: Greek god of the sun. 800-1000

Osiris: Egyptian god of death. Hits all enemies 800 and gives caster half. much like Scarecrow but way better

Myth: No idea

Hecate: Greek goddess of magic. She swings her green sword and all enemies get hit by 700-900. Life damage over time spell on all enemies.

these doesnt fit at all...
Apollo and sun is Disney stuff, Apollo was God of Music and Beauty...
and you mentioned Hecate used magic, which is true by the fact she was a witch... a witch with dark powers, which also means it would be DEATH, and not life... its also said she got 2 ghost / flying wolves...
doesnt sound like life at all to me

Um you need to get to a library ASAP! Apollo and Artemis are two twins born in Greek Mythology. Not only that but Apollo represented the sun and Artemis represented the moon. I will thought say that the Hekate idea in Death is good and Disney had nothing to do with this.

Apollo was known as the god of sun and prophecy

Hekate is sort of a patron to witches and wizards. She lives in the underworld and is know as the Queen Of Witches and the Triple Goddess

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
Hey Nico I hope you are reading this but I got an awsome idea. Maybe Morganthe wants to drink the Elixir but it requires these few things

The recipe

The Cup of Life because the Elixir is useless to drink without it´s power

The Choosen One Someone really special to make the Elixir and find the cup which only the worthy are able to find like the Holy Grail

Also some of these ideas are from my Favorite show , House of Anubis

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
HUllo peoples!

Thanks for posting! :D I'm a bit sleepy rgiht now so I'm going to sleep then respond to y'all later ok. In the meantime. enjoy the story!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Wow, I found this thread on page 12! Not good lol.

Anyways, I am not looking for spell ideas. Everyone has those and frankly KingsIsle will probably not use them anyways. If you have something to add to the storyline or something that can improve a particular area then I'm open to suggestions.

Most people don't evne bother to read the story they just look at the spells and want to change them to what they think is best. Well new spells are just one aspect of any new world and with some worlds you don't even learn anything spells you just get exp.

Perhaps Scythia could be a side world like Grizzleheim. Pretty soon Kingsisle will be rely on us for new content and they will revive this thread long after iti si dead lol.

Nilrem100, i don't intend for morganthe to get the Elixir of Life so am not sure how I'd tie in your suggestion into the plot.

After all she didn't learn the secrets of Celestian magic; if i understood the story correctly. We thwarted her efforts every step of the way.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I've been reading tons and tons and tons of these messages about new worlds, but Scythia is the BEST world I've read about so far. It's a great story and i love how you incorporated Morganthe and Alchemy. I was just curious where you got the idea for alchemy. I don't know how many of you know who Nicholas Flamel is but he's probably the most famous Alchemist of all. He is mentioned in Harry Potter (the Sorceror's Stone) and Michael Scott wrote a whole series about him and his wife. I think it would be really awesome if you would add him into the story. He would be great as the teacher and all that. Please consider my idea and i hope your world has great success (because i would love to visit it).

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
skobafreckles1 wrote:
I've been reading tons and tons and tons of these messages about new worlds, but Scythia is the BEST world I've read about so far. It's a great story and i love how you incorporated Morganthe and Alchemy. I was just curious where you got the idea for alchemy. I don't know how many of you know who Nicholas Flamel is but he's probably the most famous Alchemist of all. He is mentioned in Harry Potter (the Sorceror's Stone) and Michael Scott wrote a whole series about him and his wife. I think it would be really awesome if you would add him into the story. He would be great as the teacher and all that. Please consider my idea and i hope your world has great success (because i would love to visit it).

Thank you for reading and commenting on my story.

I am aware that Dumbledoor made some reference to Nicholas Flamel and the Philosopher's Stone. However, from what i gathered, Flamel sold manuscripts and professed to be an alchemist. The idea that he made the philosopher's stone is enshrouded in myth and lore so there is really no way of telling if that is actually true.

I don't see how he can be relevant ot Scythia. Perhaps i'll do a continuation of Scythia where he could play a part. But we don't want to be seen as copying Rawlings work.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
You know Nico. I think this has been one of the longest running posts regarding a new world that I have seen here. Seems like a lot of them get buried after a little while.

Granted not many are replying but we can still keep it on top.

Good luck

Fallon

Yes, i checked today, it is on second page, not bad, considering some get lost

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
shimmer123127 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
You know Nico. I think this has been one of the longest running posts regarding a new world that I have seen here. Seems like a lot of them get buried after a little while.

Good luck

Fallon

the views are climbing nonetheless, so at least i know it is been viewed. doesn't translate to being read though.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:
shimmer123127 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

Good luck

Fallon

the views are climbing nonetheless, so at least i know it is been viewed. doesn't translate to being read though.

I hope it DOES translate to being read, it's so good, it deserves it! Keep up the AWESOME work!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I hope so too but most people's comments is on the spells orr gear. Hardly anyone ever commenr on the storu itself.

It did make story of the week on wizard101 central press so at least know the people on central read it to an extent.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

where is everybody?

anyways we reached 4018 views on central, but still haven't bridged that gap on here.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

where is everybody?

anyways we reached 4018 views on central, but still haven't bridged that gap on here.

I don't know where everyone else is, but i'm here! :D :D As I will be till, and even after, this thread gets made into a world in wiz101.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

I hope so too but most people's comments is on the spells orr gear. Hardly anyone ever commenr on the storu itself.

It did make story of the week on wizard101 central press so at least know the people on central read it to an extent.

Yes, i've been seeing that most people STILL focus on the smaller details, and not the whole thing. I haven't given spells or gear a thought since i read the story, I was just amazed at how good it was.

Now lets just hope KI will come to their senses and realize this story deserves to be a world in wiz101!!!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Sorry I haven't posted on here in a while but I have been busy at work and about to start school but the expenses are overwhelming me.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

Sorry I haven't posted on here in a while but I have been busy at work and about to start school but the expenses are overwhelming me.

It's alright, its understandable, school is no fun

Explorer
Jul 31, 2010
Awesome story line and world creation. Your writing is very vivid, I can actually see Scythia in my minds eye.
Thanks for posting it in one long run on central, as it was difficult reading from post to post here. I have posted this there.
Though I have to say I only skimmed the spells and didn't look at the gear. As I have a legendary fire and a grandmaster life I did look particularly at those spells and was happy to see your perception of fire is the same as mine (fire is over time, almost all over time, efreet is nice, but I LIKE my overtime spells) and I have long wished to see a life spell that attacked and then turned around to heal, how you did it was well thought out as only attacking one enemy and healing all separates it from death hit/heal in the same round.
The amount of thought and effort you put into this is wonderful.

I loved your incorporation of the different mythologies into the world. The one complaint I have is with 7 worlds already, it only borrows from European, Oriental, and Egyptian, and you continue along these lines. (They still haven't used much (except some pets, ie, thunderbird, wendigo, ect.) New World (the Americas before the Europeans arrived), pacific (Australian, New Zealand, the Islands in the area (such as Indonesia,Papua New Guinea, etc - although I suppose the floating land partially borrows from this, its not an entire world- and your drawing from Phillipino mythology would fit here)), African (besides Egypt), or Middle Eastern (Persian, Arabic, although the Sultan's palace uses this and so I would think their next world will be Persian and the house is a sort of preview) mythology. I don't expect you to implement them into Scythia, but if you come up with a new world and story line (and I hope you do, I love everything I read) perhaps using these. Gah! I really strayed from topic there! Anyway, I love Scythia and think you have merged these separate mythologies wonderfully.

The set up of having to defend the world reminds me of Dragonspyre, but finally we get to actually stop the attack instead of cleaning up (centuries) after it. Finally a world where everyone isn't a ghost (in mooshu and dragonspyre it seems like everyone is). I hope KI reads this and, at the least, borrows from your creation.

Alchemy is well done. I agree with you and others that it shouldn't be a new school. I like how you looked both at the use of it and the attainment of it (if that makes sense.)

Sucks that they used the golden apple quest in Wintertusk. And just a side quest too! (I think), nothing like as important as it should have been.

Love what you have done and look forward to seeing more

Fallon Fireeyes, Legendary Pyromancer
Leesha Spiritdreamer- Grandmaster Theurgist