Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Here are my spell ideas. Please comment if you like them and/or if there's anything I should change:

Attack Spells

Fire: Blazing Manticore (75% accuracy; deals 350 + 1020 over three rounds and -40% accuracy): A savannah setting appears on the field, along an enraged Manticore. It trumpets as it sprints towards the target, and vomits magma onto the target upon reaching him/her. A double-swipe with its front paws and a -40% accuracy is added to the target.

Ice: Amarok (80% accuracy; deals 960-990 and Taunts): Starts with a close-up of the moon as Amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting Amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up on all fours, turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene. One of the target's shields will appear in your shield queue.

Storm: Manta Ray (70% accuracy; deals 1550): The water level rises above the field (like in Triton). We are now level with the ocean floor complete with coral, rocks, and sand. Out of the sand rises a gigantic manta ray. The manta ray rids itself of its disguise by swimming around a bit until the target catches its eyes. It swims up to the target and shocks him/her, a jolt of lightning emitting from its tail.

Balance: Cerberus (85% accuracy; deals 415 Fire, Ice, and Storm magic): A cave appears on the field, growling and snarling echoing out of it. The beast steps out paw by paw as the sun's rays reveal the creature and its three heads eye the target. The right head breathes fire on the target, the center head breathes snow on the target, and the left head breathes lightning on the target.

Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 950 and +50% to next incoming Life spell or an ally to heal 950 and Absorb 540): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. An Absorb appears on the target. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target. A Life Trap appears on the target.

Myth: Boogeyman (80% accuracy; deals 150 and 700 to all enemies): The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal two red lights protruding through the darkness. A creature [note: the “creature” looks an Undead Wizard with burning red eyes] emerges from the darkness and the lights are revealed to be its eyes. The creature approaches the target, bends back as it sucks the life out of you (first attack), and eventually snaps forward to shoot an ocular ray (second attack).

Death: Valkyrie (85% accuracy; deals 885-900 and -50% to next healing spell to all enemies): Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.

Utility Spells

Fire: Dynamite: 2 pips; +25% and 1 turn to any DoT spell (looks like a red ward with a stick of dynamite on it).

Ice: Blockade Shield: 1 pip; +70 critical block chance against next 2 incoming critical attacks (looks like a charm with a critical block insignia).

Storm: Static Shock: 5 pips; next incoming spell has no effect on health (looks like a global fancy ward).

Balance: Cast-Iron Shield: 1 pip; -80% to next incoming spell (looks like a slate gray shield with a global insignia in the center).

Life: Healing Prism: 6 pips; next incoming attack spell is converted to a healing spell (looks like a green Prism de-buff charm with a heart in the center).

Myth: Disorient: 4 pips; changes the order the teams attack in.

Death: Spiked Shield: 3 pips; -25% and half the damage is inflicted on the caster of the attack (looks like a global trap).

Astral Spells

Moon Spells:

Polymorph Bloodbat: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, natural attack: Hack Attack (2 pips; Bloodbat flies to target and hacks a wad of green spit at him/her; deals 245 and adds Myth Blade), Troll, natural attack: Bite (3 pips; Bloodbat flies to target and bites him/her; deals 315), Pierce, Humongofrog.

Polymorph Skeleton (Skeletal Pirate): Death Blade, Death Trap, natural attack: Argh! (4 pips; Skeletal Pirate blasts a sonic attack at the target; deals 380 and adds Curse), Poison, Curse, natural attack: Cannon (5 pips; Skeletal Pirate dismantles and reassembles itself into the shape of a cannon; the head is propelled through the makeshift cannon, and ricochets off the target as the rest of its body assembles itself into a skeleton; deals 500), Wraith, Sacrifice.

Polymorph Hydra: Bladestorm, Balance Blade, Elemental Blade, Elemental Trap, natural attack: Scorch (fire head breathes fire onto target; 40 + 315 over 3 rounds), Sandstorm, natural attack: Glaciate (ice head breathes a mix of snow and wind onto target; deals 220 and stuns target for 1 round), Helping Hands, natural attack: Electrocute (storm head breathes lightning onto the target; deals 435).

Polymorph Minotaur: Myth Blade, Myth Trap, natural attack: Charge (Minotaur charges at target, attacking with its sharp horns; deals 460), Earthquake, Talos, natural attack: Axe Throw (self-explanatory; deals 525), Cyclops Minion, Shatter.

Sun Spells:

Sharpen: +20% to 1 blade spell.

Intricate: +30% to 1 trap spell.

Bulletproof: +15% to 1 shield spell.

Exhilarate: +375 to 1 healing spell.

Star Spells:

Multiply: an additional pip added per round for 4 rounds. Pink aura.

Safeguard: +30 critical block chance for 4 rounds. White aura.

Relinquish: -15% accuracy for +30% resistance and strength over 4 rounds. Black aura.

Bolster: Charms and wards cannot be removed for 4 rounds. Slate gray aura.

Revamped Spells:

Fire: Severe Scald: 7 pips; 610 damage over 4 rounds.

Ice: Grand Theft: 5 pips; steals all shields.

Storm: Tragic Tempest: X pips; 90 damage per pip over three rounds to all enemies.

Balance: Venomous Scorpion: 6 pips; 410-440 and drain target of all pips.

Life: Major Blessing: 0 pips; 250 HP and +25% to next healing spell.

Myth: Dire Earthquake: 8 pips; deals 380, removes all charms and wards, and stuns for two rounds.

Death: Ritual Sacrifice: 5 pips; Take 650 damage to give 1010 HP and two pips.

1. Zephyr will allow the caster to choose an ally to heal, or an opponent to attack. It will not be random.
2. Wizard affected by Second Chance will come back to life in the same turn they were defeated and as if they had just joined the battle. No buffs, debuffs, DoT markers (in the case said wizard was defeated by a DoT spell), etc.
3. Casting Disorient will change the order teams attack in. If you were going first before Disorient was cast, you'll be going last afterwards.
4. Sharpen will not be able to be used on Supercharge. Sorry, Diviners.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
153
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.


Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
4
I agree with the two above. This is the most thought out list of suggestions for spells. Good work! all of them are cool too but like said above they are from different myths gtg get back to my quest..

Survivor
Mar 19, 2010
5
Really nice list. I think this is DEFINITELY going to be picked. Nice thought. I probably wouldn't have done all this homework to make the list. But seriously, nice work done, man. Really, really, really excellent. The animations are so descriptive, it's like reading a book. You should be an author lol but seriously, think about it

_______________________________________________________

Wolf Strider
Master Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
394
This idea is AMAZING! I have seen a lot of ideas for new spells, and i have even posted my own, But your ideas are by FAR the best. In the space of time that I read your post, not only did i thouraly enjoy myself, but I learned a lot about mythology! I would love to see any other ideas you have! 8) :) :-) :D :-D :D Google/10 stars for that post.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.


Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.


Actually, i dont believe the Shpinx is even mythology, as it is a real thing and it is sitting in egypt right now (or it was when i posted this, never know when a meteor comes hurdling out of the sky and ruins a historical monument :) , jk, :D the chances of that happening are tiny, i would freak if that happened :x :?). I still absolutly LOVE your ideas, as I always loved mythology and these seem pretty correct and not like some other nonsense i see on the forums. They seem very unique too. So basicly, :D :D :D

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
30
I like these, just 2 suggestions. As a pyromancer, I'd like to see chimera be either a DoT or possibly a new high level version of Link. Secondly while I think the spell functions you listed for Myth and Death are good. I think the creatures should be switched. Boogyman seems to fit more with death's fear against the enemy. Valykeries don't quite fit with the greek myth theme either, but maybe turn her into a fury or harpy.

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
23
I really like these ideas. Better than most of those that have been posted on other forums. Here is my constructive critisizum (sorry for spelling) :

Fire: Chimera (deals 935-980 to all enemies) The damage I think is pretty good. However, it seems like the animation is more meant for one target. However, since there are multiple animals, I guess it could work for several enemies. I guess each animal would attack a different enemy. However, the only problem I see here would be if one time there were two enemies, and another time, let's say there were four. There would have to be a different animation each time, and that would be very hard to do. Yet I, as a fire wizard, really like this spell! It would be awesome to set my friends on fire :D .

Ice: Amarok (deals 790 and steals a shield) I guess the damage is okay. Maybe it could be a little weaker, like 750? 790 is good though. However, the animation to me sounds almost exactly like Orthrus. Moon? Growling? Yeah, I know it doesn't have two heads, but still it kind of sounds pretty similar. I really like the after-effect though! Stealing a shield is perfect, considering it is an easier way to make use of the "Steal Ward" spell.

Storm: Siren (deals 985-1010 to all enemies) Okay, a couple things with this one:
1. Where did you get the name? Someone in Mythology is named Siren? Because I don't hear WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO.
2. The damage isn't so far away from the fire spell. Storm is special for it's power, and we can't take that away from them. The damage, I feel, should be moved up a little bit. However, if we move it up too much, leviathan would be pointless, because this is just one pip more, and it does even MORE damage. The damage would need some thinking about. I wouldn't really want to result in lowering the fire spell's damage, because that one was done pretty well.
3. Remember this is a kids game. A nice lady singing? Sure. A nice lady singing, but then having a temper-tantrum, attacking the target in a very violent way? Yeah, that isn't going to happen. Six-year-olds play this game, so that would be kinda scary. Plus, there has to be more "storm" in this one.

Balance: Sphinx (deals 835 and adds two Hex traps) I really like this one. The damage is well organized, and a single-enemy spell is needed for balance, as for the last one that dealed BALANCE damage was actually Judgement, which we learned at level 28! (I might be wrong on this, but I don't think I am) 40 levels is a big enough gap, don't you think? Very well-thought-out. The only problem I see here is adding two hex traps. Only one trap/blade of a kind can activate at once. So, it would have to be two different traps. Or maybe you could do one blade and one trap. It probably should raise the next spell by about 40%, (which is what the hexes would have done, which is very clever, I might add) so maybe a balanceblade and a hex? It would be a weaker balanceblade, adding only 20%. Or it can still be 25%, making it 45% stronger! Either one works great.

Life: Zephyr (choose an enemy to deal 750 and an ally to heal 750) The animation for this one would have to be my favorite. But, it really sounds more like a death spell, healing and attacking at the same time, with both dealing the same amount of heal/hit points. That would probably need a little work. Also, with the field covered with grass and leaves, that would look very similar to the centaur, so the person receiving that spell would have to guess before seeing the creature emerge: "Will this do 750 or 550?" Simply just using another material would fix this slight problem.

Myth: Boogeyman (pierces shield and deals 820) This one is very good as well. I laughed at the thought of dealing 820 damage by just saying "boo". I don't really see anything to change on this one. Maybe just add a bed to the room :P .

Death: Valkyrie (deals 875-900 to all enemies) I think that the damage is a little over-powered. Death usually isn't much stronger than ice. This spell is 100 more hit points than ice. Kind of a big difference if you add blades, traps, etc. So, it should probably do a little less. However, the animation is a slight problem. It seems a little too similar to Centaur. The only differences are that
a) Black armor instead of green
b) Uses a spear instead of a bow-and-arrow

Maybe we could just change the animal that the rider rides on. It wouldn't be much of a change. I just hope that by changing this, it wouldn't affect the Mythology too much.

Even though I pretty much criticized everything that you wrote, it is still overall pretty good! Tell me what you think of these changes.

Kevin Battlesword
Legendary Pyromancer

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Zuff98 wrote:
I really like these ideas. Better than most of those that have been posted on other forums. Here is my constructive critisizum (sorry for spelling) :

Fire: Chimera (deals 935-980 to all enemies) The damage I think is pretty good. However, it seems like the animation is more meant for one target. However, since there are multiple animals, I guess it could work for several enemies. I guess each animal would attack a different enemy. However, the only problem I see here would be if one time there were two enemies, and another time, let's say there were four. There would have to be a different animation each time, and that would be very hard to do. Yet I, as a fire wizard, really like this spell! It would be awesome to set my friends on fire :D .

Ice: Amarok (deals 790 and steals a shield) I guess the damage is okay. Maybe it could be a little weaker, like 750? 790 is good though. However, the animation to me sounds almost exactly like Orthrus. Moon? Growling? Yeah, I know it doesn't have two heads, but still it kind of sounds pretty similar. I really like the after-effect though! Stealing a shield is perfect, considering it is an easier way to make use of the "Steal Ward" spell.

Storm: Siren (deals 985-1010 to all enemies) Okay, a couple things with this one:
1. Where did you get the name? Someone in Mythology is named Siren? Because I don't hear WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO.
2. The damage isn't so far away from the fire spell. Storm is special for it's power, and we can't take that away from them. The damage, I feel, should be moved up a little bit. However, if we move it up too much, leviathan would be pointless, because this is just one pip more, and it does even MORE damage. The damage would need some thinking about. I wouldn't really want to result in lowering the fire spell's damage, because that one was done pretty well.
3. Remember this is a kids game. A nice lady singing? Sure. A nice lady singing, but then having a temper-tantrum, attacking the target in a very violent way? Yeah, that isn't going to happen. Six-year-olds play this game, so that would be kinda scary. Plus, there has to be more "storm" in this one.

Balance: Sphinx (deals 835 and adds two Hex traps) I really like this one. The damage is well organized, and a single-enemy spell is needed for balance, as for the last one that dealed BALANCE damage was actually Judgement, which we learned at level 28! (I might be wrong on this, but I don't think I am) 40 levels is a big enough gap, don't you think? Very well-thought-out. The only problem I see here is adding two hex traps. Only one trap/blade of a kind can activate at once. So, it would have to be two different traps. Or maybe you could do one blade and one trap. It probably should raise the next spell by about 40%, (which is what the hexes would have done, which is very clever, I might add) so maybe a balanceblade and a hex? It would be a weaker balanceblade, adding only 20%. Or it can still be 25%, making it 45% stronger! Either one works great.

Life: Zephyr (choose an enemy to deal 750 and an ally to heal 750) The animation for this one would have to be my favorite. But, it really sounds more like a death spell, healing and attacking at the same time, with both dealing the same amount of heal/hit points. That would probably need a little work. Also, with the field covered with grass and leaves, that would look very similar to the centaur, so the person receiving that spell would have to guess before seeing the creature emerge: "Will this do 750 or 550?" Simply just using another material would fix this slight problem.

Myth: Boogeyman (pierces shield and deals 820) This one is very good as well. I laughed at the thought of dealing 820 damage by just saying "boo". I don't really see anything to change on this one. Maybe just add a bed to the room :P .

Death: Valkyrie (deals 875-900 to all enemies) I think that the damage is a little over-powered. Death usually isn't much stronger than ice. This spell is 100 more hit points than ice. Kind of a big difference if you add blades, traps, etc. So, it should probably do a little less. However, the animation is a slight problem. It seems a little too similar to Centaur. The only differences are that
a) Black armor instead of green
b) Uses a spear instead of a bow-and-arrow

Maybe we could just change the animal that the rider rides on. It wouldn't be much of a change. I just hope that by changing this, it wouldn't affect the Mythology too much.

Even though I pretty much criticized everything that you wrote, it is still overall pretty good! Tell me what you think of these changes.

Kevin Battlesword
Legendary Pyromancer


I think you put a lot of thought into these changes. Some we were on the same page; others I was like, "Are you serious?!" All in all, I'll take your advice into account when I edit these spells. These spells are definitely far from done.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Falius wrote:
I like these, just 2 suggestions. As a pyromancer, I'd like to see chimera be either a DoT or possibly a new high level version of Link. Secondly while I think the spell functions you listed for Myth and Death are good. I think the creatures should be switched. Boogyman seems to fit more with death's fear against the enemy. Valykeries don't quite fit with the greek myth theme either, but maybe turn her into a fury or harpy.


Thanks for your suggestions. I'll say that Chimera is the first one I brainstormed on and I got nothing. The current animation is the only one I could think of. I'll fix it later. However, one thing that I refuse to do is make an updated version of a specific spell, so I'm sorry but I think Chimera's effects are fine the way they are. Link is a spell in it's own style; plus it'd be weird to have Chimera do the same thing a a spell with no animation. As for Boogeyman and Valkyrie, I really like them as is. As I said, when I researched the Boogeyman I found that it is one of the most famous myths in history! Almost every country has its own version of the Boogeyman. Valkyries are the Viking mythology version of angels of death; when I saw this, I thought it would be a really cool and unexpected spell to add to Wizard101. Obviously I was right since you're asking me to change it. Bottom line: there are always gonna be spells that look like they belong in other schools (for example, I thought Orthrus was a Death spell the first time I saw it, when it's obviously a Myth spell) and that's just the way it is.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Zuff98 wrote:
I really like these ideas. Better than most of those that have been posted on other forums. Here is my constructive critisizum (sorry for spelling) :

Fire: Chimera (deals 935-980 to all enemies) The damage I think is pretty good. However, it seems like the animation is more meant for one target. However, since there are multiple animals, I guess it could work for several enemies. I guess each animal would attack a different enemy. However, the only problem I see here would be if one time there were two enemies, and another time, let's say there were four. There would have to be a different animation each time, and that would be very hard to do. Yet I, as a fire wizard, really like this spell! It would be awesome to set my friends on fire :D .

Ice: Amarok (deals 790 and steals a shield) I guess the damage is okay. Maybe it could be a little weaker, like 750? 790 is good though. However, the animation to me sounds almost exactly like Orthrus. Moon? Growling? Yeah, I know it doesn't have two heads, but still it kind of sounds pretty similar. I really like the after-effect though! Stealing a shield is perfect, considering it is an easier way to make use of the "Steal Ward" spell.

Storm: Siren (deals 985-1010 to all enemies) Okay, a couple things with this one:
1. Where did you get the name? Someone in Mythology is named Siren? Because I don't hear WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO, WEE-HOO.
2. The damage isn't so far away from the fire spell. Storm is special for it's power, and we can't take that away from them. The damage, I feel, should be moved up a little bit. However, if we move it up too much, leviathan would be pointless, because this is just one pip more, and it does even MORE damage. The damage would need some thinking about. I wouldn't really want to result in lowering the fire spell's damage, because that one was done pretty well.
3. Remember this is a kids game. A nice lady singing? Sure. A nice lady singing, but then having a temper-tantrum, attacking the target in a very violent way? Yeah, that isn't going to happen. Six-year-olds play this game, so that would be kinda scary. Plus, there has to be more "storm" in this one.

Balance: Sphinx (deals 835 and adds two Hex traps) I really like this one. The damage is well organized, and a single-enemy spell is needed for balance, as for the last one that dealed BALANCE damage was actually Judgement, which we learned at level 28! (I might be wrong on this, but I don't think I am) 40 levels is a big enough gap, don't you think? Very well-thought-out. The only problem I see here is adding two hex traps. Only one trap/blade of a kind can activate at once. So, it would have to be two different traps. Or maybe you could do one blade and one trap. It probably should raise the next spell by about 40%, (which is what the hexes would have done, which is very clever, I might add) so maybe a balanceblade and a hex? It would be a weaker balanceblade, adding only 20%. Or it can still be 25%, making it 45% stronger! Either one works great.

Life: Zephyr (choose an enemy to deal 750 and an ally to heal 750) The animation for this one would have to be my favorite. But, it really sounds more like a death spell, healing and attacking at the same time, with both dealing the same amount of heal/hit points. That would probably need a little work. Also, with the field covered with grass and leaves, that would look very similar to the centaur, so the person receiving that spell would have to guess before seeing the creature emerge: "Will this do 750 or 550?" Simply just using another material would fix this slight problem.

Myth: Boogeyman (pierces shield and deals 820) This one is very good as well. I laughed at the thought of dealing 820 damage by just saying "boo". I don't really see anything to change on this one. Maybe just add a bed to the room :P .

Death: Valkyrie (deals 875-900 to all enemies) I think that the damage is a little over-powered. Death usually isn't much stronger than ice. This spell is 100 more hit points than ice. Kind of a big difference if you add blades, traps, etc. So, it should probably do a little less. However, the animation is a slight problem. It seems a little too similar to Centaur. The only differences are that
a) Black armor instead of green
b) Uses a spear instead of a bow-and-arrow

Maybe we could just change the animal that the rider rides on. It wouldn't be much of a change. I just hope that by changing this, it wouldn't affect the Mythology too much.

Even though I pretty much criticized everything that you wrote, it is still overall pretty good! Tell me what you think of these changes.

Kevin Battlesword
Legendary Pyromancer


Oops, forgot to add: just adding my commentary on your comments and righting some false statements made in your response:

1. Chimera isn't really done yet, but the heads are supposed to breathe fire simultaneously. It'd be really weird to have one head attack one target and another head attack another target.
2. To me, Amarok seems completely different from Orthrus (it didn't even occur to me till you mentioned it lol), but if you say so...
3. In order:

A. A siren is a mythical creature closely related to mermaids (vicious half-woman-half-fish creatures) and succubi (can't really explain this in a PG setting; look it up on your own). Sirens are women with beautiful voices; when they sing, their song is hard to resist. However, if you follow their voice and find them...let's just say it will end badly.
B. Uh...hello? This is an AoE spell!
C. This game is rated E10+; "6 year olds" shouldn't be playing this game.

4. Glad you liked this; I'm partial to this spell since my first wizard is a Sorcerer. Uh...I don't get what you're trying to say here though. The point of adding two Hexes is because you can only activate one at a time. Maybe I'm missing something.
5. There's a method to the madness: there's an ongoing argument in the Theurgist community because some think they need more healing spells and others think they're in desperate need of more attacks. This is a compromise. There are differences between this spell and your garden variety Death spell; this spell allows the wizard to choose both targets; Death can only choose the attack target (or the healing target in the case of Sacrifice). This spell also heals/deals the same amount of HP to the targets, so technically it's completely different from a Death spell. Death spells attack the target and sap health from him/her by converting half of the attack into HP.
6. Glad you liked this; I loved this spell idea. I debated with myself for hours (what? All geniuses do that lol) wondering how horrible the reception would be. I'm so happy I included it. I thought about adding a bed, but it seemed to cheapen the whole thing and make it more "campfire-story-ish".
7. Eventually, there are gonna be attacks that look like other attacks. I think Valkyrie looks completely different from Centaur, but that's just me. Sorry, but Valkyries are supposed to ride horses; don't you think there are too many attacks that are completely inaccurate?

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
These are great Idea's! Though I don't like Sphinx and boogeyman. Mostly because of the animation and the creatures in them. Maybe make the myth Atlas (no Idea for an animation, I am bad at those.) I also have no idea for the balance lol. Maybe just keep the Sphinx for I do somewhat like it. I also gotta remember the fact that there is a spell called Evil Snowman. I also think that the fire one is OP. I do know that balance AoE spells are around 73.3dpp and Fire AoE spells are 50 to 100 damage more. So if 73.3 * 9 = 659.7. Then the Fire one should do about 710-780 or if you wanna give it a little more power 735-805.

P.S.
I am so happy your idea for fire isn't a volcano spell :)

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
Defender
May 21, 2009
142
I LOVE YOUR IDEA!!!!!!! I think its some of the best spell ideas ever! I am a Theurgist so I have to comment on Zephyr, I love this spell idea becuase its such a great compromise. I always think about how I wanna see more attack spells but we need healing spells still to, so great compromise! I do like how the spell ideas are all come from completely different myths from different cultures. I always thought Chimera would be a Balance spell but I see how it can work for fire. All in all THANK YOU!!!!!!! These are spells that I can see in game & should be in game. Thank you for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.60 Theurgist
Legendary Theurgist

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
THIS IS AMAZING! BRAVO! by far the best! i have seen many ideas for rank 9 spells, and one of them had T.V. characters (spongebob, zuko, cosmo, etc.)!

I really hope KI takes the time to look over at this. this is genious, and again, the best i have seen!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

:D Justin Titanwraith, Legendary Pyromancer :-)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
cameron225 wrote:
Actually, i dont believe the Shpinx is even mythology, as it is a real thing and it is sitting in egypt right now (or it was when i posted this, never know when a meteor comes hurdling out of the sky and ruins a historical monument :) , jk, :D the chances of that happening are tiny, i would freak if that happened :x :?). I still absolutly LOVE your ideas, as I always loved mythology and these seem pretty correct and not like some other nonsense i see on the forums. They seem very unique too. So basicly, :D :D :D


Uh, do you think they just pulled the Sphinx idea out of thin air? The Great Sphinx in Egypt is based on the mythical creature, the sphinx. Technically it's not even Egyptian; sphinxes are prevalent in legends throughout Asia. That aside I'm glad you like my ideas because I worked very hard on researching them.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
Hmm... about the Sphinx Spell... the concept of being based on Ancient Egypt is evident in Krokotopia... so... maybe that could be worked in.

Also, I'd have to say that a living bedsheet that dealt Damage by saying "boo" would be somewhat... anticlimactic, shall we say? For someone who had gotten to Level 68. I think a trip to another continent is again in order (personally [again, this is just me], I'd love to see the Aztec's Quetzlcoatl as a Myth Spell).

Also, Wizard 101 may be rated E10+, but younger people will still be playing. The Siren Spell, while mythologically accurate, would therefore be out-of-bounds (even to some 10- or 11-year-olds... and their being like succubi makes it even worse). Maybe something else encountered on the Odyssey would be better (say, Charibdis).

Also, Healing and Attacking at once is the realm of Death, not Life. Perhaps the Zephyr Spell could randomly pick one of the targets (the Heal target or the Attack target) to affect.

As for Chimera, the multiple heads would tend to make it a Myth ("Double-hit" Spells) or Balance (Elemental or Spiritual "Triple-hit" Spells) Spell. Additionally, if memory serves, only the lioness head could put on a pyroprojectile display.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
30
FoxFyr wrote:
Hmm... about the Sphinx Spell... the concept of being based on Ancient Egypt is evident in Krokotopia... so... maybe that could be worked in.

Also, I'd have to say that a living bedsheet that dealt Damage by saying "boo" would be somewhat... anticlimactic, shall we say? For someone who had gotten to Level 68. I think a trip to another continent is again in order (personally [again, this is just me], I'd love to see the Aztec's Quetzlcoatl as a Myth Spell).

Also, Wizard 101 may be rated E10+, but younger people will still be playing. The Siren Spell, while mythologically accurate, would therefore be out-of-bounds (even to some 10- or 11-year-olds... and their being like succubi makes it even worse). Maybe something else encountered on the Odyssey would be better (say, Charibdis).

Also, Healing and Attacking at once is the realm of Death, not Life. Perhaps the Zephyr Spell could randomly pick one of the targets (the Heal target or the Attack target) to affect.

As for Chimera, the multiple heads would tend to make it a Myth ("Double-hit" Spells) or Balance (Elemental or Spiritual "Triple-hit" Spells) Spell. Additionally, if memory serves, only the lioness head could put on a pyroprojectile display.


I disagree about the sirens, but I do have to say I agree with what you said about Chimera. It could be the excuse to finally give balance its spirit attack that it has lacked for so long. Not sure what to replace for fire, though. Maybe an elder dragon?

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
32

I really like them and I want to say my opinions about them:

Ice: Amarok (deals 790 and steals a shield); Too much like that wolf headed dog. Maybe it could be in a cave with blinking eyes?

Storm: Siren (deals 985-1010 to all enemies); I don't really like this one because what does she have to do with storm. Maybe a mermaid but this one is too scary. And i think it is way too overpowered to do this much to all enemies.

Balance: Sphinx (deals 835 and adds two Hex traps);
Me as being a sorcerer and a egyptology fan I like this one. But I'd rather it do the damage to all enmeies and get rid of the hex traps part.

Life: Zephyr (choose an enemy to deal 750 and an ally to heal 750);
Healing and attacking at the same amount is unfair especially to death wizards maybe could deal 500 damage.

Myth: Boogeyman (pierces shield and deals 820); I love this one!

Alyssa Owlthorn
46 Balance
Almost at Celestia. Doing GH to gain XP.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
Falius wrote:
FoxFyr wrote:
Hmm... about the Sphinx Spell... the concept of being based on Ancient Egypt is evident in Krokotopia... so... maybe that could be worked in.

Also, I'd have to say that a living bedsheet that dealt Damage by saying "boo" would be somewhat... anticlimactic, shall we say? For someone who had gotten to Level 68. I think a trip to another continent is again in order (personally [again, this is just me], I'd love to see the Aztec's Quetzlcoatl as a Myth Spell).

Also, Wizard 101 may be rated E10+, but younger people will still be playing. The Siren Spell, while mythologically accurate, would therefore be out-of-bounds (even to some 10- or 11-year-olds... and their being like succubi makes it even worse). Maybe something else encountered on the Odyssey would be better (say, Charibdis).

Also, Healing and Attacking at once is the realm of Death, not Life. Perhaps the Zephyr Spell could randomly pick one of the targets (the Heal target or the Attack target) to affect.

As for Chimera, the multiple heads would tend to make it a Myth ("Double-hit" Spells) or Balance (Elemental or Spiritual "Triple-hit" Spells) Spell. Additionally, if memory serves, only the lioness head could put on a pyroprojectile display.


I disagree about the sirens, but I do have to say I agree with what you said about Chimera. It could be the excuse to finally give balance its spirit attack that it has lacked for so long. Not sure what to replace for fire, though. Maybe an elder dragon?


I like the idea of a Salamander, which are basically lizards with star-shaped markings on their back that ooze this milky fluid... oh, wait. Their shtick is putting fires out, so a Salamander would actually be Ice. Hmm... perhaps a natural disaster would be in order... a volcanic eruption, that is. You know, I did have the idea for a "Pendragon," which was a dragon bursting out from underneath a volcanic landscape... that might be cool.

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
52
I think Death should be like a Headless horseman, OR one I think would be cool is a Skeletal army. Animation: There would be a jungle in the battle sceen, and then there is a rumbleing noise, and one pirate comes out, and blows a little horn, summoning the bigger ones, and theres a ton of them. I think it should do 900 damage to one enemy, and convert half to health for you.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
12
Solstice64 wrote:
These are great Idea's! Though I don't like Sphinx and boogeyman. Mostly because of the animation and the creatures in them. Maybe make the myth Atlas (no Idea for an animation, I am bad at those.) I also have no idea for the balance lol. Maybe just keep the Sphinx for I do somewhat like it. I also gotta remember the fact that there is a spell called Evil Snowman. I also think that the fire one is OP. I do know that balance AoE spells are around 73.3dpp and Fire AoE spells are 50 to 100 damage more. So if 73.3 * 9 = 659.7. Then the Fire one should do about 710-780 or if you wanna give it a little more power 735-805.

P.S.
I am so happy your idea for fire isn't a volcano spell :)


That is weak cause efreet can do 895 base so don't you think it should do 970-1,000 if there is just damage no effects because efreet can make that rank 9 spell look so bad. It's gotta do a lot of damage if there is no effects except to everyone. That's just my thoughts.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
9
Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
42
ok i TOTALLY disagree w/ your comment about the ice one being 750 i THINK IT should be 800! 750 saying that is like trying to make ice a bad school! its not! so i think it should be 800