Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
"Sirens usually live near the sea, so it's not really necessary to say that it's Storm."

Well sharks live in the sea, but to just say "shark" is a bit wierd. Besides, Storm Siren works well, the name sounds like something they would have, just siren is a little to bland.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
First, I'd like to say thank you for your lucid critique of my ideas.

Attack Spells

Solstice64 wrote:
Sorry, but the creature isn't very exciting. The damage should 870 damage over three rounds as it should be lowered to make room for the smoke screen, also, DOT spells have set damage.

Yeah, the creature was a last-minute change yet again. I don't know what to use! Every idea I've come across is either incorporated in the game somehow, or is just ridiculous. I'll change the attack according to your suggestion.

Great!

Thanks!

Nice, though you probably will want to lower the damage and add an effect.

I really wanted this to just be a strong attack with the focus on the AOE. It's not something you see much in Storm.

As a balance wizard, I will say that I don't want a spell that buffs me after I spend all my pips, please come up with a new attack.

Well, Sorcerers are usually support wizards. I added the two Hex effect because in my experience people always ask me for Hexes. This would make things a lot easier and can be utilized well even if you're soloing.

It should do the heal and deal thing, Imagine if you wanted to finished an enemy but you healed yourself, or you tryed to heal yourself but you attacked into a life shield instead. Just lower it to 615 and 615.

I don't know...I tried the heal and deal, but everyone and their grandma complained that it was too strong in PvP. I tend to agree. Even if it was 615, the spell wouldn't be much stronger than Centaur. I like the either/or. Sorry, but you'll just have to pay attention when you're picking the target.

Lower the second hit to 650. Your version is fair mathematically, but it would unbalance pvp.

650? *sigh* Okay...is that it?

Great animation!!! Just lower the damage by about 100.

I was actually considering turning this into a single drain attack. Thoughts?

Utility Spells

Good.

Thanks!

It should be 0 pips and put 3 on at a time, critical is only a chance, and you still have a high chance to block it.

3 of these for 0 pips? How does that sounds fair? I made it like Stun Shield: any way you slice it, it's gonna be situational.

It should only be -50%

Okay.

0 pips for an 80% tower shield? That's surprising coming from you, plus global shields are an ice thing. Give balance an original bubble, that's what we need.

First, no. No global spells. The fact that Sorcerers got scammed the last time has totally turned me off to them. Plus, we don't really need them now. My Sorcerer is way too strong to need a global spell. Second, it's gonna be given in the 60s. It's just a shield; it can easily be broken and I think Balance deserves a global shield since we can't even protect ourselves against our own attacks with anything other than resistance. Plus, we have global blades and traps. Why not a global shield? What if it was worth 1 pip (even though that would be really unfair)?

Good. Though reincarnate is a better name.

'Reincarnate' sounds too "religious-y" for me. I know there's a contradiction in there somewhere...

Nice.

Thanks!

Very original!!!

Yes, thank you...but is it good?

Astral Spells

In the level cap, I would think that there would be new secondary schools or none at all as the Astral schools are celestian magic. So I wont respond to them.

Um, okay? I don't know; the Astral spells have become pretty popular. I think the geniuses at KI can take advantage of one of the plot holes in Celestia and fit new Astral spells in with the next major update.

Revamped Spells:

Make it a 6 pips spell and raise the damage to be the same dpp, fire should get full power for an upgraded scald.

This should be 5 pips, Shatter removes them all for 3 pips, so you can steal them all for less?

Making this 5 pips would make this spell so useless, just like Elemental and Spiritual Defuse. What about 3-4?

Overpowered, upgrade another one of storms spells.

I'd rather not. I really wanna update Tempest. What about 95 per pip?

Way too overpowered, Lower the damage to 50 myth damage and 390 death damage over 3 rounds.

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I think I might scrap it.

No way, a 0 pip spell that heals more than fairy? How about 100 health and a guiding light.

100 HP in the 60s is nothing. This spell wouldn't be worth the quest to earn it.

Lower the damage to the same as earthquake, than lower the amount of turn the effect lasts to 2, being unshielded in pvp is a pretty big deal.

If the only improvement is that it prevents charms and wards from being cast for 2 rounds, it hasn't really been revamped, has it? I understand the plight of the PvPers, but it's 7 pips! What do you want me to do?

Change the name, other than that its great.

Why?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
"Life: Zephyr (90% accuracy; choose an enemy to deal 750 or an ally to heal 1500): the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. (Heal) He smiles at the target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. (Attack) He turns to the target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target"

Lol you gotta be kidding me. As i said on my other post, this is way to unpredictable. The spell itself might heal the wrong person, or attack an ememy that has no traps.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2010
"this spell allows the wizard to choose both targets;"

Sorry, didnt catch that part. But this makes it way overpowered. And I know you say that this technically isnt up deaths alley, well attack and damaging at the same time is sort of only for death. Fire stole two.

Anyway, about the Siren spell, I totally didnt see thats its an AOE! Are you jokeing? Thats overpowered at he max, even for storm. And the death spell is just way over deaths damage range. I mean, on my spells, you said that my ice spell had overpowered damage, when it was basically the same as Valkyrie, and a single target spell. Nuh uh.

Also, I dislike the idea of revamping per pip spells. Other spells can be remade and have a larger pip cost, but per pips should stay the way they are, unless its a limit per pip, like some of the myth minons. Grand theft is way overpowered, the original steal ward was two pips also, and only stole one shield, but this has the same pip cost, but steals all shields? um no! I think 5 pips seems to be right.

I like your ritual sacrifice. The effect really works well with the idea. Well done. Major Blessing is far overpowered for 0 pips. Venemous Scorpion? That makes no sense im sorry. Dire Earthquake? way overpowered. For one pip more your adding 135 more dmg, and a charm/ward prevent for three rnds? Lol you wish. (unless that the charm/ward prevent is the only AOE part, then its fair.)

Anyway, I dont mean to be rude. I think you need to think a little more about some of the spells. Your animations are really descriptive; you should be a writer! (o and dont scar kids for life with siren.)

oh i for the chieftan spell, is the damage applied to all enemies too? Because if it is, I have no clue why you though mine was overpowered. Lol i guess im focusing on all the bad stuff, because your star, sun and moon spells are cool ideas, and I really like boogyman, Sphinx and chieften, (the name could be different) though I hope chieftan is only a single target spell.

Btw, check out my new school idea post! Cheers!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
First, I'd like to say thank you for your lucid critique of my ideas.

Not a problem, I enjoy doing this!

Yeah, the creature was a last-minute change yet again. I don't know what to use! Every idea I've come across is either incorporated in the game somehow, or is just ridiculous. I'll change the attack according to your suggestion.

Yea, fire is pretty difficult as everyone just shouts "volcano, volcano!" Though the creature isn't that exciting, my friend (he's a fire) said he wouldn't mind it, so I wouldn't worry. Truth is, I would just go back to chimera and ignore the people who say it has nothing to do with fire as I would much rather have that than Chieftain (if I were a fire.)

I really wanted this to just be a strong attack with the focus on the AOE. It's not something you see much in Storm.

I understand. Though it would be neat if you could incorporate a storm DoT.

Well, Sorcerers are usually support wizards. I added the two Hex effect because in my experience people always ask me for Hexes. This would make things a lot easier and can be utilized well even if you're soloing.

When I read it, I though it was balance blades, I'm completely fine with hexes.

I don't know...I tried the heal and deal, but everyone and their grandma complained that it was too strong in PvP. I tend to agree. Even if it was 615, the spell wouldn't be much stronger than Centaur. I like the either/or. Sorry, but you'll just have to pay attention when you're picking the target.

Well, at least give players the choice if they want to heal or not(if it wasn't like that all ready.)

650? *sigh* Okay...is that it?

I don't know your thoughts on that (sorry, I'm not very good at that), but yea 650, any lower would become unfair to myth.

I was actually considering turning this into a single drain attack. Thoughts?

Death could really use a powerful AoE, so I wouldn't.

3 of these for 0 pips? How does that sounds fair? I made it like Stun Shield: any way you slice it, it's gonna be situational.

Its fair because of how rare a critical goes through block, and how criticals almost never hit you in pve. 3 would give a long lasting protection against criticals, whereas one is something you would put up if you think they will crit (which most people would rather cast tower.)

First, no. No global spells. The fact that Sorcerers got scammed the last time has totally turned me off to them. Plus, we don't really need them now. My Sorcerer is way too strong to need a global spell. Second, it's gonna be given in the 60s. It's just a shield; it can easily be broken and I think Balance deserves a global shield since we can't even protect ourselves against our own attacks with anything other than resistance. Plus, we have global blades and traps. Why not a global shield? What if it was worth 1 pip (even though that would be really unfair)?

1 pip for 80% would be fine (just really unoriginal due to people spamming the "castle shield" idea over at central.) Since balance is so unique, I would come up with something really creative. The reason why I would like a bubble is because:

1. Balance losses in the bubble war.

2. Our bubble is terrible.

3. One of balance's descriptions is "changing the rules of game-play" and thats exactly what bubbles do, so I think balance should be the school of bubbles (lol.)

'Reincarnate' sounds too "religious-y" for me. I know there's a contradiction in there somewhere...

Maybe, second chance is a fine name anyways.

Yes...but is it good?

At first I thought it was over powered, but then I realized that to have a big back fire, you must take a lot of damage as well. So yea, its great!

Um, okay? I don't know; the Astral spells have become pretty popular. I think the geniuses at KI can take advantage of one of the plot holes in Celestia and fit new Astral spells in with the next major update.

Though wouldn't new secondary schools that are bigger and better excite their players more?

Making this 5 pips would make this spell so useless, just like Elemental and Spiritual Defuse. What about 3-4?

You have a point, but making it 3-4 pips would be the same as shatter due to power pips. You kind of have to make it 5 pips to balance out shatter, or 4 if you truthfully, honesty, and sincerely believe 5 pips is over the top.

I'd rather not. I really wanna update Tempest. What about 95 per pip?

If you want to upgrade tempest, add an effect rather than a big damage upgrade. Like 85 damage per pip and remove one blade per pip (don't judge it, it was thought up in a second and only and example.)

I'm not a huge fan of this idea. I think I might scrap it.

Fine with me. Upgrade blade storm or something (an opposite of virulent plague would be awesome.)

100 HP in the 60s is nothing. This spell wouldn't be worth the quest to earn it.

Its not much health, but 500 is too much. Remember, a trick to making cool upgrades is adding and effect (similar to what you did with sacrifice.)

If the only improvement is that it prevents charms and wards from being cast for 2 rounds, it hasn't really been revamped, has it? I understand the plight of the PvPers, but it's 7 pips! What do you want me to do?

The ability to not cast shields in pvp is too much, though its useless in pve. I would come up with a different effect or tone it down.

Why?

"Ritual Sacrifice" sounds to cheesy.

-Solstice64

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Yea, fire is pretty difficult as everyone just shouts "volcano, volcano!" Though the creature isn't that exciting, my friend (he's a fire) said he wouldn't mind it, so I wouldn't worry. Truth is, I would just go back to chimera and ignore the people who say it has nothing to do with fire as I would much rather have that than Chieftain (if I were a fire.)

Ugh, I hate volcano! It's so...normal. Why would anyone want that? I would go back to Chimera, but I used it for another idea. I created some Spiritual equivalents to the Elemental attacks that Balance has since it's kinda weird to me that they left them out. I want all my ideas to exist in the same "universe" if you will. Does that make me weird? Oh well, anyway...

I understand. Though it would be neat if you could incorporate a storm DoT.

I don't know if I mentioned my stance on DoTs, so I'll just state it again. Non-Fire DoTs annoy me to no end, especially in Storm. It's so out of character for Storm in my opinion because, to me, the school is about raw, full-boar power. Lingering attacks just don't make sense to me in this school. I like Frostbite and Poison because they utilize DoT in a practical and creative way. Skeletal Dragon, however, irks me to this day.

Well, at least give players the choice if they want to heal or not(if it wasn't like that all ready.)

Of course! I'm not a complete idiot. My intention was that you'd be able to pick any player on the field as a target; pick an ally for the heal or an opponent for the attack.

I don't know your thoughts on that (sorry, I'm not very good at that), but yea 650, any lower would become unfair to myth.

I agreed after looking at the spell and changed it.

Its fair because of how rare a critical goes through block, and how criticals almost never hit you in pve. 3 would give a long lasting protection against criticals, whereas one is something you would put up if you think they will crit (which most people would rather cast tower.)

I get where you're coming from, but how about two? Would that be good? I don't know, three just seems like too much to me.

1 pip for 80% would be fine (just really unoriginal due to people spamming the "castle shield" idea over at central.) Since balance is so unique, I would come up with something really creative. The reason why I would like a bubble is because:

1. Balance losses in the bubble war.

2. Our bubble is terrible.

3. One of balance's descriptions is "changing the rules of game-play" and thats exactly what bubbles do, so I think balance should be the school of bubbles (lol.)

I've never seen the "castle" idea, but then again I'm hardly ever in the wizard101central Forums. They're too confusing to me. Anyway, I don't like bubble spells because they effect everyone on the field.

Though wouldn't new secondary schools that are bigger and better excite their players more?

I think coming up with bigger and better secondary schools in addition to creating the new world, creating new spells, increasing the level cap, making the outfits, and coming up with accent concepts would be a bit much. I'd rather KI be "lazy" and add more spells to the existing secondary schools.

You have a point, but making it 3-4 pips would be the same as shatter due to power pips. You kind of have to make it 5 pips to balance out shatter, or 4 if you truthfully, honesty, and sincerely believe 5 pips is over the top.

I thought about this, and I honestly do think 5 pips is a lot. That's how much the Defuses are and I never use them because by the time I get enough pips for either of them I can make a reasonable attack instead. I like it at 4 pips.

If you want to upgrade tempest, add an effect rather than a big damage upgrade. Like 85 damage per pip and remove one blade per pip (don't judge it, it was thought up in a second and only and example.)

Okay, I'll think on it.

Fine with me. Upgrade blade storm or something (an opposite of virulent plague would be awesome.)

As cool as that would be, I like the idea of having an upgraded attack more than an upgraded utility spell.

Its not much health, but 500 is too much. Remember, a trick to making cool upgrades is adding and effect (similar to what you did with sacrifice.)

Okay...what about 250 and a Guiding Light?

The ability to not cast shields in pvp is too much, though its useless in pve. I would come up with a different effect or tone it down.

Hmm...I'll have to think about this too.

"Ritual Sacrifice" sounds to cheesy.

Cheesy?! Okay, you come up with an idea then.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
i think there should be some greek mytholygy in wizard101. i made some spells. enjoy :D

death: Hades, 9 pips : 1100 damage. half heal: animation: a grave yard comes up then a man with a black reaper suit appears then he pulls down his hood then zaps health from the enemy by throwing his staff around the enemy the he gives the health to you

life: Athena, 9 pips : 1250 damage and weakness: animation : athena and apollo are fighting for the city of athens athena wins she looks at the enemy then throws a sword at them (of course she will be covered in vines)

myth: zeus, 9 pips : 1025 damage to every enemy : animation : a cloud covers the arena then zeus comes out riding in a carrige pulled by peguases (flying horses) and passes by each enemy striking them with lightning

balance: apollo, 9 pips : 1200 damage and hex to every enemy : animation : apollo comes out of the earth then shoots arrows at all the enemys

storm: posiden, 9 pips : 1750 damage then 50 : animation : rain starts to poor and flood then posiden shocks the water sometimes it gets all the enemys then it throws a trident at a enemy to do 50

ice: hera, 9 pips : 1300 plus stun : animation : hera drops from mount olympus then she poly morphs either into a snake or bird the attacks with a cold blow

fire: helios, 9 pips 1250 to all enemys : animation : helios comes out from the sun and throws it at the enemy

hope you enjoyed :D :D :D

Champion
Apr 18, 2010

I get where you're coming from, but how about two? Would that be good? I don't know, three just seems like too much to me.

Two is fine.

I've never seen the "castle" idea, but then again I'm hardly ever in the wizard101central Forums. They're too confusing to me. Anyway, I don't like bubble spells because they effect everyone on the field.

Bubbles were only an option, you do whatever you think would help balance out. If you are going to do a universal shield, add something to it so its more creative and less over powered (like an 80% shield that turns into a 40% trap after its used.)

I think coming up with bigger and better secondary schools in addition to creating the new world, creating new spells, increasing the level cap, making the outfits, and coming up with accent concepts would be a bit much. I'd rather KI be "lazy" and add more spells to the existing secondary schools.

Than in that case, don't build upon the tough/ keen eyes family, come up with new enchantments (like for charms, wards, and auras.) Basically, use the schools in a slightly different way.

I thought about this, and I honestly do think 5 pips is a lot. That's how much the Defuses are and I never use them because by the time I get enough pips for either of them I can make a reasonable attack instead. I like it at 4 pips.

If elemental defuse put 3 dispels on the opponents main school, it would be worth 5 pips, the only problem is that only one on the opponents main school isn't worth it. Stealing all shields is worth 5 pips as its SO useful pvp wise. You would not only remove the shields like the overused shatter, but also get shields in return, definitely worth 5 pips pvp wise.

As cool as that would be, I like the idea of having an upgraded attack more than an upgraded utility spell.

Than upgrade a balance spell to a BALANCE DAMAGE 6 pip spell. We need one of those.

Okay...what about 250 and a Guiding Light?

That would be fine.

Cheesy?! Okay, you come up with an idea then.

I don't know, I'm just saying it sounds cheesy, not that I can do any better. How about Tribute or something (I know the definition doesn't work perfectly with the effect.)

-Solstice64

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
Bubbles were only an option, you do whatever you think would help balance out. If you are going to do a universal shield, add something to it so its more creative and less over powered (like an 80% shield that turns into a 40% trap after its used.)

Why does every attack have to be a Broadway production in order for it not be "boring"? These are utility spells. They only need to be useful. That's all. The effect that you thought up isn't useful at all and is more suited for Death.

Than in that case, don't build upon the tough/ keen eyes family, come up with new enchantments (like for charms, wards, and auras.) Basically, use the schools in a slightly different way.

I'll see what I can do.

If elemental defuse put 3 dispels on the opponents main school, it would be worth 5 pips, the only problem is that only one on the opponents main school isn't worth it. Stealing all shields is worth 5 pips as its SO useful pvp wise. You would not only remove the shields like the overused shatter, but also get shields in return, definitely worth 5 pips pvp wise.

When you put it that way...

Than upgrade a balance spell to a BALANCE DAMAGE 6 pip spell. We need one of those.

Okay. I'd like to do that with Scorpion though. I really like the spell.

I don't know, I'm just saying it sounds cheesy, not that I can do any better. How about Tribute or something (I know the definition doesn't work perfectly with the effect.)

I'm sorry, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here unless you can come up with a better name. I like Ritual Sacrifice, plus what else can you put with the word "sacrifice" that wouldn't be terribly predictable or too long?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2010
I will liketo share some spells to, if thats ok. :-) Well, lets start with my scholl, Life. Life: heal Evryone to 100 percent!(9 pips for life spell,secne for evryone.) Fire. Forest fire: 800 to 1100 Damage! For7 pips. Sorry,but i will do more so i will rpliy. And, i like that Heal and atack spell! hope you like it!

Champion
Apr 18, 2010

Why does every attack have to be a Broadway production in order for it not be "boring"? These are utility spells. They only need to be useful. That's all. The effect that you thought up isn't useful at all and is more suited for Death.

Every spell should be a Broadway production, or would you rather have more spells like elemental and spirit defuse. Anyways, how is the spell I made up not useful? When timed correctly, you could waste you opponents pips, but if times incorrectly, you give your opponent an advantage.

When you put it that way...

It looks like what? I am not following you.

Okay. I'd like to do that with Scorpion though. I really like the spell.

Fine with me.

I'm sorry, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree here unless you can come up with a better name. I like Ritual Sacrifice, plus what else can you put with the word "sacrifice" that wouldn't be terribly predictable or too long?

The only problem I have with the spell is that ritual isn't an adjective or adverb. Anyways, I was only suggesting you change the name, it doesn't mean the spell is horrible.

-Solstice64

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
]Every spell should be a Broadway production, or would you rather have more spells like elemental and spirit defuse. Anyways, how is the spell I made up not useful? When timed correctly, you could waste you opponents pips, but if times incorrectly, you give your opponent an advantage.

What does me not wanting spells to be Broadway productions have anything to do with Elemental and Spiritual Defuse? The only reason I don't like Elemental and Spiritual Defuse is because they're not useful to my Sorcerer since he's a Legendary and usually fights in higher level worlds where they use mutations of spells instead of actual spells. What I meant was why do utility spells have to have all these unnecessary features? Why can't it just be new, but simple? Also, even if the spell was useful that doesn't change the fact that it's more suited for Death.

It looks like what? I am not following you.

I didn't say it looked like anything. I was just saying I agreed with you and changed the Sun spells. The names are kinda weird though.

The only problem I have with the spell is that ritual isn't an adjective or adverb. Anyways, I was only suggesting you change the name, it doesn't mean the spell is horrible.

I never said you did. I don't wanna change the name because there's nothing that really goes well with the word 'sacrifice'.

Survivor
Sep 17, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
nunu555 wrote:
How did you predict the storm spell. The post was posted on 2009

Technically, I hadn't. I predicted the name; however, the sirens I had in mind looked more ferocious and intimidating, not like Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
You should upgrade the rank 9 spells to rank 10 spells.

Oh, don't worry; I plan on it. I've just been so busy with school lately that I haven't even set foot in the Spiral. Even when school finishes, I don't plan on jumping into Zafaria; I'm getting a new computer around the 20th, so I'll probably start my research then. It'll be a while because I wanna give a finished product. Feel free to leave whatever ideas you have for changes to the Rank 10 spells. The most obvious thing I need to change is Siren, and that was a last minute idea.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I would really like this ice spell: Avalanche-it gives all enemies an ice trap of +40

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I would do this:
Death:Werewolf-Wolf howling at the moon then changes into a werewolf that slashes the target and gives half of the damage to you.

Fire:Heater-it would be a hot water heater that would set on fire and the water wood flow out and hit the target.

Ice: Polar Bear-A polar bear would come out of a cave and throw a fish at the target and then paw at the target.

Storm:Hurricane-A hurricane will hover over top of you and the eye will suck the target up and then drop it back out.

Myth:Scylla and Charybdis-first,the monster Scylla will come out of a cliff and shoot poison at the target.Then the Charybdis will spit out poison water at the target.

Life:Golden Apple-GA will drop out of tree and hit target on head and give life.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.

Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.

The sphinx is from Greek Mythology.It is half Human and half lion and half bird.It would tell riddles and if someone didn't get the riddle right,then he would be eaten by the Sphinx.The Sphinx was right outside of a city in Greece and it practically trapped the Villagers inside of their city.The hero to defeat the Sphinx was Oedipus.The riddle was this:
"Which creature in the morning walks on 4 legs, at mid-day on 2,and in the evening,3?"Oedipus replied with "It is man."The sphinx in Greek means to squeeze.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
cameron225 wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
danton1983 wrote:
So many poster keep posting new spell ideas new animation ideas etc. this one by far is the most put together from what I have read. I give it a thumbs up. The only thing I can say is that wizard101 hasn't focused on mythology for all schools so I am not sure how well this will be received.

Thanks for being the only person who actually took the time to read this! I completely agree with you; I always see people posting ideas that seem like no thought went into it, so I made sure I did my homework. When I looked at it again I did see this pattern, but I don't think it will be aproblem. There are other mythological creatures that serve as the basis for other attacks (ex: Efreet, Colossus, Triton, Satyr, Banshee, etc.). Plus, the mythological creatures are from different myths: Amarok is from Inuit mythology, Sphinx is Egyptian mythology, Valkyrie is Viking mythology, Chimera is prevalent in many mythologies including Japanese mythology, and the list goes on.

Actually, i dont believe the Shpinx is even mythology, as it is a real thing and it is sitting in egypt right now (or it was when i posted this, never know when a meteor comes hurdling out of the sky and ruins a historical monument :) , jk, :D the chances of that happening are tiny, i would freak if that happened :x :?). I still absolutly LOVE your ideas, as I always loved mythology and these seem pretty correct and not like some other nonsense i see on the forums. They seem very unique too. So basicly, :D :D :D

The Sphinx is Mythology!!!I just wrote a whole paragraph about it!!!

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Hi guys! Sorry this took so long; my computer took ages to finally be built. I still haven't finished Zafaria, but I figure I've seen enough to update my spells. Or have I? I guess you'll be the judge of that.

Spell Changes:

- Rank 9 Spell ideas have graduated to Rank 10. Maybe this time...
- Myth utility spell has been changed from Battering Ram to Disorient due to the introduction of piercing.
- Purify has been changed to Bore due to the addition of Mend to Star spells.
- Relinquish has been altered to better suit a Star spell rather than a Death spell.

Survivor
May 05, 2011
come on i dont like zephyr it seems like it might get a lot of bugs. some spells are underpowered and some are overpowered.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
horsepeace99 wrote:
come on i dont like zephyr it seems like it might get a lot of bugs. some spells are underpowered and some are overpowered.

Well thanks for your remarkably vague review. It was very helpful.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Spell Changes:

- I finally added a Storm spell: Manta Ray!
- I changed the Balance spell from Sphinx to Cerberus. Yes, you read right. I felt that after getting Chimera, it would serve Balance better to finally get a stronger Elemental spell.
- The Balance utility spell has been changed from Cast-Iron Shield to Supreme Prism.

Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I had a fire spell idea called "Forest Fire": 400+900 damage over 3 rounds plus -55% accuracy to all enemies. The spell goes like this, a beautiful forest with trees bushes wild flowers and happy animals appears on the battle field, the animals are simply minding their own business when there is an orange glow from the center of it, the glow gets brighter and brighter till the trees that are visible are completely engulfed in flames. The animals run for their lives as the forest burns brighter and hotter. Then the blade and traps activate. You hear a cracking sound and then a wood-splitting sound, then one flaming tree begins to fall over and lands on the first enemy, doing 400 damage. The same thing happens to all enemies and before the spell is over a -55% accuracy charm appears on every enemy. Does this sound over powered, under powered, comment people please.

Wolf Nightbreeze, Transcended Theurgist.