Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spells Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 01, 2010
well with the annoucement of wintertusk these might just be chosen so let's keep our fingers crossed

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
These ideas of yours are really good! Also, it showes that you are really dedicated for these ideas. People, read his ideas, dont just zoom through the whole thing. I wouldn't be surprised if these might make it to the new world (Yes KI is creating a new world and MAYBE, just a rumor i think, raise the level cap to 70.)

-Opinions-

For the spell Zephyr, I think it might be hard to edit that into battle. But anything is possible!

For the Ice spell, i think you should raise the power more i would say somewhere between 780-820 because I have an Ice character myself and for it to do just that would be saying that Ice stinks because i just created a new Myth character and not much other Ice characters.

For the Storm spell, just fix it a little i would say somewhere at 950 between 970 to 1000 between 1035. Now, I'm not trying lower it but you can keep it the same and add another effect which I think should be Lightning Strike (A spell that gives +10% to Storm spells.)

Other than that, you have amazing ideas! Probably you should work for KI.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Ok, I have been listening to all of your ideas (this is to everyone), and I have somewhat summarized what's somewhat wrong with them. All you are doing is listing attack spells. I have not seen one spell that doesn't do something else than attack or heal. Come on guys, if they are making another world, then why would they use simple attack spells? I know the animations are ok, but still, there needs a lot more thought for the specifics of the spell (ex. Damage, what it does,). I have composed up some spells myself, (Hope you guys like them) and hope to change the way almost everybody is looking at spells nowadays.

Look at my spells please, see what the difference is, and please take no hesitation for some correction, I can hopefully work it out with you.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Greetings Again wizards,

I have not been posting that much very often because I am tweaking the mistakes and slight errors I have made and am going to post my final draft in a day or two. There might be some changes from my other ideas that I previously posted, if that is so ... please go off of the final Draft that I will post, NOT already. I will say that again when I post my final draft of the Rank 9 Spells.

Goodbye Wizards for now ...

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Alright Wizards, this is my final Draft of the Rank 9 Spells for Wizards101. I have changed, modified, edited, moved, added, and deleted things for this final Draft. Hope you guys like it, and I hope you comment on it as well.

Fire
Spell Name: Volcanic Basilisk/Chimera, etc.
Spell Accuracy: 75% (this is the accuracy of fire)
# of Pips: 9
Spell Description: Deals 400 Damage straight on (to one opponent only), and then adds two D.O.T. spells, the first one 190 Base damage over three turns, and the second one 400 Base damage over three turns. That's a total of 990 Base damage.

Death
Spell Name: Werewolf
Spell Accuracy: 85%
Spell Description: 600 Damage to (single) opponent, convert 2x of the damage to health. After this spell hits successfully, the man-wolf breathes heavily on the target, creating a type of “fear” between the caster and the target. This “Fear” prevents the target from harming, trapping, stunning, debuffing, stealing/removing (wards, auras etc.), and any other interactions with the caster for two straight turns in a row.

ALSO

Spell Name: Lich (It is nothing like a Wraith in any way or shape, look it up)
Spell Description: Deals 580 (base) Damage to all opponents on the other side. Distributes half of the damage to health for every single ally on your side, so each ally would receive 290 (base) after the spell, including you.

ALSO

Spell Name: Death’s Impact
Spell Accuracy: 90%
# of Pips: 5
Spell Description: Once casted, a black Charm will be placed on the target. The charm will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the charm will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

Balance
Spell Name: Sphinx
Spell Description: Deals 615- 655 Damage (Base) and removes all of the targets pips.

ALSO

Spell Name: Equality
Spell Description: Deals Spiritual Damage.
First attack is Death, dealing 245 (base) damage and converting half to your health.

Second attack is Life, dealing 190 Life Damage.

And third Attack is Myth, dealing 50+240 Myth damage.

That's a total of 725 Damage. (the animations for this spell wouldn't be too long if they did it along the same animations as the Hydra)

Life
Spell Name: Valkyrie (I chose the name not because it is a messenger of Death, but because they are from Asgard, the "Heaven" in Norse Mythology. Because of this, they are sort of Angelic. I've always thought Life magic had an angelic side to their spells.)
Spell Description: Deals 635 (base) damage to single opponent. After spell hits successfully, the target is “deafened” by the Valkyrie’s song and will not be able to heal for two turns in a row. If the target tries to heal, it will work just like a stun.

ALSO

Spell Name: Life’s Grace
Spell Accuracy: 100%
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target a charm that will float above one’s head. The charm is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the charm will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

Myth
Spell Name: Griffin/Gryphon
Spell Accuracy: 80%
Spell Description: Three attacks in one spell. First attack is 30 Damage.

Second attack is 230 Damage, and the last attack is 630 Damage.
So it would look like this.
30+230+630 for a Total of 890 Damage.

ALSO

Spell Name: Reverse
# of Pips: 3
Spell Description: You can change the starting position of the battle triangle at will.

Ice
Spell Name: Great Bear/Ice Bear/ Giant Bear etc. (Amarok probably wouldn't work because it would look too similar to the Ice Hybrid pet you get when you mix Collosus and Orthrus.)
Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue charm over the target’s head. The charm will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The charm is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses. The charm works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the charm will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack. (I can't really go lower than the damage I have on there because Collosus is just 20 points under, it would be a waste of pips then.)

ALSO

Spell Name: Shieldstorm
# of Pips: 1
Spell Description: Once casted, a -20% tower shield goes to all of the players on your side of the triangle.

ALSO

Spell Name: Reflection
# of Pips: x (Based on how many pips you use, it Reflects 125 damage per pip)
Spell Description: Reflects Damage 125 per pip.
Ex. You cast Reflection; you had two (normal) pips. That is 300 Damage that will be reflected. The opponent casts Fire cat on you, and it does 120 damage. The Damage will hurt you, but will also hurt the caster of the fire cat as well.

Storm
Spell Name: Heavy Fog/Heavy Mist, etc.
Spell Description: Creates a Dome (ex. Balefrost, Wildfyre, Sanctuary, etc.) over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns. This is between the Aura Aspect and the Global Aspect of general spells. It only affects the opponents' side of the field.

ALSO

Spell Name: Charybdis
Spell Accuracy: 75%
Spell Description: Does a total of 970 (Base Damage) and The caster will be able to see what the target casts for the next three turns.

Thank you everybody and please comment.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Remember wizards, my LATEST post for the spells is my final draft. All of the previous spells were merely ideas, go off of the chart I made with all of the schools please.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
FoxFyr wrote:
Well, you did mention the myth having multiple international forms. Perhaps you could use another version?

Since it's usually a myth parents use to scare their kids into staying out of trouble and doing what they tell them, there's countless versions of the Boogeyman. Unfortunately, the attacks suggested by the different versions are either not very "wizard-y" or either too graphic even for 10-year-olds. I really like the idea cuz it's something different, so I want to salvage what I can.

Well... Wizard101 is intended for a fairly youthful audience. Having a demonic-seeming human attack you could be... a bit shocking.

Eh...I see your point. I'm not as attached to this as I am to Boogeyman, so I wouldn't be completely against revamping it.

What else is there for Fire? Well, let's peruse some mythology, iconography, and geology. We've got dozens of fire gods from polytheistic faiths (Vulcan, Agni, Pelee, perhaps Amaterasu?), several variants on the fire dragon theme (salamanders in Europe, the Shen-Lung in China), certain animals associated with fire on a fairly regular basis (lions, foxes, etc.), plus the Fire School is also of the ground and stone; volcanic events cannot be ruled out. Also, sun-based occurences could work.If I had to pick something, I'd go with a natural disaster such as an eruption, as heaven knows that lava can keep pouring out (this would have DoT potential).

First, I'm past done with Volcano. I don't wanna see the word 'volcano'. Now for the other ideas: having two dieties in the same rank, to me, seems weird and like I ran out of ideas, especially in the case of Vulcan (Roman mythology or not). I absolutely hate repeat ideas, so another version of Dragon is out of the question for me. A lion? I see that more as a Balance animal. Using the sun in a Fire spell also seems weird after Power Nova and especially Ra.

Let me check icewing43's ideas before I suggest anything.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
As I have said on some other posts, I think Sphinx should be like the spirit damage of Hydra
-Taryn

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
stelargk wrote:
I quoted this so I could see what I was responding to)
To begin
Fire: actually seems a bit weak. I think it needs a bigger effect, because it's a stronger non DoT dragon IMO.
Ice: pretty good, except I don't know WHAT amarok is!
Storm: Nice, I think. Like a stronger storm lord; fitting.
Balance:Very classic, very VERY balance. I think this is ingenious. I think its good.
Life: Um, no. Maybe it's my "Inner-Necro" but I don't like it. It's not steal, but heal/hurt is a deathy attack. Its a bit "too epic" for lack of a better term, for rank 9
Myth: Well, I disagree. If myths were all "myths" right, then you'd be listening ot the Odessy as part of your school history! It might scare some younger wizards, and doesn't seem to give off the right "wizard" feel. See,ms like a cross between myth and death I:S
Death: Good. I think it should be steal though, because it's 2 ranks higher that crow, and crow was kind of weak, plus we havent had a good AoE, since crow was a bit weak and all :P I'd like to add some greek mythology into Death, because well, it IS selfish but I'm part greek and LOVE when greek mythology is included in things, because it's such a rich culture

Fire: I don't see why it needs to be any stronger, and why does there need to be some effect? I miss when people were okay with just a high spell...

Ice: I explained what it looks like in the description. It's a wolf from Inuit folklore if that's what you meant.

Storm: Finally, someone has something good to say about Siren. I'm so sick of everyone either saying it has nothing to do with Storm or that it's too questionable. I'm thinking in terms of rating, and this game is rated E10+! If a parent lets their kid who isn't 10 play Wizard101 and they get scared, that's on them.

Balance: Thank you! It's nice to hear a good word on Balance too.

Myth: How is this scary in any way?! As for it not being "wizard-y" enough for you, this is Wizard101. The attacks aren't all supposed to be serious and epic.

Life: I'm gonna make it either/or.

Death: Three of the attacks in this thread are Greek mythology-based. Sorry, but I'm not changing Valkyrie. Why don't you just make a Theurgist, or a Diviner, or a Pyromancer?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I've enjoyed your feedback, but you kinda hijacked my thread. I know you mentioned wanting to work together (which I definitely would be interested in doing), but you didn't really direct any of this at me. It's all directed to everyone reading my post. I'm left wondering why you didn't just make a new thread for your ideas? Anyway, here are my comments on your ideas:

Fire

icewing43 wrote:

Spell Description: Deals 400 Damage straight on (to one opponent only), and then adds two D.O.T. spells, the first one 190 Base damage over three turns, and the second one 400 Base damage over three turns. That's a total of 990 Base damage.

I like the idea of giving Fire another DoT (since DoT's are supposed to be Fire's specialty), but why two? Plus the accuracy is way too low.

Death

Spell Description: 600 Damage to (single) opponent, convert 2x of the damage to health. After this spell hits successfully, the man-wolf breathes heavily on the target, creating a type of “fear” between the caster and the target. This “Fear” prevents the target from harming, trapping, stunning, debuffing, stealing/removing (wards, auras etc.), and any other interactions with the caster for two straight turns in a row.

I don't know about this one. Technically this doesn't work because half the HP is taken out of thin air. Plus I'd rather have a strong spell that heals me as well, not the other way around. The "fear" aspect of the spell is basically Stun, and I want that to stay in Ice.

Spell Name: Lich
Spell Description: Deals 580 (base) Damage to all opponents on the other side. Distributes half of the damage to health for every single ally on your side, so each ally would receive 290 (base) after the spell, including you.

Should be a bit stronger, and Lich? That's kind of like Wraith.

Spell Description: Once casted, a black aura will be placed on the target. The aura will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the aura will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

I don't like this spell at all. First, ambiguous names like "Death's Impact" annoy me. Second, it's not strategic; it's just...messed up! That's like offering your hand to someone who's fallen down and smacking them instead.

Balance

Spell Description: Deals 615- 655 Damage (Base) and removes all of the targets pips.

Hmm...I'll definitely consider this. The damage is a lot more realistic, and I like the creativity with the effect.

First attack is Death, dealing 245 (base) damage and converting half to your health.

That's a total of 725 Damage.

Eh...no. First, yet another ambiguous name (well technically it's not, but spell names are supposed to be specific, especially when pertaining to attack spells). Second, you're going overboard with the effects; it can't do all of that. If you want a Spiritual attack, make it like Hydra. I personally prefer to keep Balance Elemental.

Life

Spell Name: Valkyrie
Spell Description: Deals 635 (base) damage to single opponent. After spell hits successfully, the target is “deafened” by the Valkyrie’s song and will not be able to heal for two turns in a row. If the target tries to heal, it will work just like a stun.

Not a big fan of the spell, plus Valkyries have no place in Life because they're the messengers of death. Why do you think I made it a Death spell? There's a method to my madness.

Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target an aura that will float above one’s head. The aura is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the aura will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

*sigh* Another ambiguous name. Besides that, it's a very interesting spell. Maybe you can name it Second Chance?

Myth

Eh...I'm not a big fan of this either. I guess it's mostly cuz the effect seems like an impossibly tedious production. First 30, then 230, then 630...why?

Spell Name: Triangle Position Switch
Spell Description: You can change the starting position of the battle triangle at will.

That would be a Myth spell lol The name, however, is way too literal. Why don't you just call it Reverse?

Ice

Spell Name: Great Bear/Ice Bear/ Giant Bear etc.
Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue aura over the target’s head. The aura will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The aura is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses. The aura works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the aura will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack.

What's with you and these auras?! Auras were established as Moon school spells and this is the third one I've read about. That was bound to happen even if I liked the aura's effect; it seems out of place for Ice. It's a protection school, which is why it has the most HP, why it has Ice Armor and Tower Shield, and why it has Taunt and Distract. Then there's the monster: a bear? Come on, you have to do better than that.

Spell Description: Once casted, a -20% tower shield goes to all of the players on your side of the triangle.

Love this spell, but the percentage should be higher, like 25% or 30%.

Ex. You cast Reflection; you had two (normal) pips. That is 300 Damage that will be reflected. The opponent casts Fire cat on you, and it does 120 damage. The Damage will hurt you, but will also hurt the caster of the fire cat as well.

I don't know why, but I don't like this idea.

Storm

Spell Description: Creates a Dome (ex. Balefrost, Wildfyre, Sanctuary, etc.) over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns.

This is a Global spell, and there can't be one Global spell for one school.

Spell Description: Does a total of 970 (Base Damage) and The caster will be able to see what the target casts for the next three turns.

I know you want to just think of the idea and let KI come up with the animation, but you have to give them something. Charybdis is almost impossible to make without completely ruining what it's supposed to be in terms of mythology. Also, the attack is a little weak for Storm and the effect is a Death spell which is not happening.

General Spell Comments:

Why is every spell a Broadway production? Just because they're Rank 9 Spells doesn't mean they need to Heaven and Earth to be interesting. Sometimes simplicity is the key. Also, try to stay away from making school-specific effects (ex: Beguile)...not school-specific.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I've enjoyed your feedback, but you kinda hijacked my thread. I know you mentioned wanting to work together (which I definitely would be interested in doing), but you didn't really direct any of this at me. It's all directed to everyone reading my post. I'm left wondering why you didn't just make a new thread for your ideas? Anyway, here are my comments on your ideas:

Fire

icewing43 wrote:

I like the idea of giving Fire another DoT (since DoT's are supposed to be Fire's specialty), but why two? Plus the accuracy is way too low.

Death

I don't know about this one. Technically this doesn't work because half the HP is taken out of thin air. Plus I'd rather have a strong spell that heals me as well, not the other way around. The "fear" aspect of the spell is basically Stun, and I want that to stay in Ice.

Spell Description: Once casted, a black aura will be placed on the target. The aura will not trigger until the target heals, or is getting healed by an ally of the target. When that happens, the aura will disappear, and whatever health that was supposed to be dealt will be transferred to damage.

I don't like this spell at all. First, ambiguous names like "Death's Impact" annoy me. Second, it's not strategic; it's just...messed up! That's like offering your hand to someone who's fallen down and smacking them instead.

Balance

Hmm...I'll definitely consider this. The damage is a lot more realistic, and I like the creativity with the effect.

Eh...no. First, yet another ambiguous name (well technically it's not, but spell names are supposed to be specific, especially when pertaining to attack spells). Second, you're going overboard with the effects; it can't do all of that. If you want a Spiritual attack, make it like Hydra. I personally prefer to keep Balance Elemental.

Life

Not a big fan of the spell, plus Valkyries have no place in Life because they're the messengers of death. Why do you think I made it a Death spell? There's a method to my madness.

Spell Description: Once casted, it gives the target an aura that will float above one’s head. The aura is not triggered until the death of the target. Once the Target is defeated, the aura will disappear and distribute 800 Health to the defeated target, reviving him automatically.

*sigh* Another ambiguous name. Besides that, it's a very interesting spell. Maybe you can name it Second Chance?

Myth

Eh...I'm not a big fan of this either. I guess it's mostly cuz the effect seems like an impossibly tedious production. First 30, then 230, then 630...why?

That would be a Myth spell lol The name, however, is way too literal. Why don't you just call it Reverse?

Ice

Spell Description: Deals a base number of 580-640 (base) Damage to a single opponent. After the spell is casted, the Bear roars ferociously at the target, creating a light blue aura over the target’s head. The aura will not be triggered until the target uses a spell. The aura is based off of the number of pips the target uses in his next spell, and would deal 50 Damage per pip the other uses. The aura works only one time and will be created again if the same spell is used.
Ex. You cast the bear onto the opponent (It’s 1v1 obviously), and it deals 660 Damage. The opponent in the same turn attacks you back with a kraken, but before the opponent casts the spell, the aura will activated and will deduct 200 health from him (Because 50x4 is 200.) added onto the original attack.

What's with you and these auras?! Auras were established as Moon school spells and this is the third one I've read about. That was bound to happen even if I liked the aura's effect; it seems out of place for Ice. It's a protection school, which is why it has the most HP, why it has Ice Armor and Tower Shield, and why it has Taunt and Distract. Then there's the monster: a bear? Come on, you have to do better than that.

Storm

Spell Description: Creates a Dome (ex. Balefrost, Wildfyre, Sanctuary, etc.) over the opponents’ side only that would lower the accuracy of the opponents by 25% for 3 turns.

I know you want to just think of the idea and let KI come up with the animation, but you have to give them something. Charybdis is almost impossible to make without completely ruining what it's supposed to be in terms of mythology. Also, the attack is a little weak for Storm and the effect is a Death spell which is not happening.

General Spell Comments:

Why is every spell a Broadway production? Just because they're Rank 9 Spells doesn't mean they need to Heaven and Earth to be interesting. Sometimes simplicity is the key. Also, try to stay away from making school-specific effects (ex: Beguile)...not school-specific.

Ok, I can work with you on all of these spells, even though I have my side of the arguement to them. I personally think about all of these spells will add more to the overall strategies of the game. I mean, chaining and spamming is fun, and other strategies are as well, but they get boring after a while. I don't know about you ... but I'm ready for a change in Wizards101.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:

Fire

icewing43 wrote:

Death

Balance

Life

Myth

Ice

Storm

General Spell Comments:

I personally think all of these spells make perfect sense into what school they fit in. The Rank 8 spells were too simple, and that's what made me disgusted with them. I wanted to change that, really, really bad.

I can see some of your arguements and criticism, but If Kingsisle had to choose right now over who's ideas were better, they'd probably pick mine.

I can do animations, Don't worry about that. I can change up the spell names, I have done this many times before. I have dedicated a lot of research into this, and can argue back many of the points you criticized.

But I would definitely be looking forward to working with you.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Look, AkihiroHattori5. You made this topic for all wizards and for all of their Ideas. I don't see how I "Hijacked" your thread. I originally directed it to you, posting scattered ideas and things that you could work with, and then I gathered the ideas up and posted them on my chart of Spells.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Um, the concept is good, I think, but I also think the Balance one is a little anti-climatic. Maybe instead of just turning into a pile of sand (that's what the kroks in KT do), perhaps they could just blow up.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
warriorwizard2 wrote:
I love the idea it's the best one so far, one comment about the life spell is that Zeyphyr (if i'm thinking from the right myth ) is not seen he can't be, for he, is wind. In the legend he is not seen but heard and felt so hear is the change i think to the animation. A setting of leaves and twids are layed aroung then the wind picks up the leaves and twigs circle around one place, as if a tornado, and the leaves take the shape of a man but the leaves are still swirling then he looks at the target and flings razor sharp leaves that go in slomotion then slice through the enemy the leaves seem to move and stare at you then theleaves flyinthe air and twirls around you, healing you.

dude, you seriously need to get a job at kingsisle, that was a very intelectual and well thought out interpretation of zephyr, liked it better than the original idea, waaaaayyyyy better...like almost to say its your idea and i'd give you credit for it

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
I am sincerely sorry about the misunderstainding of my spells and your thought of it. I meant for every "Aura" to be a "Charm". I'll change that on the chart.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Alright, I'm changing the Charybdis spell, I will erase the other Charybdis spell in due time from the other chart. Here is what it will do now (Hope you guys like it, especially AkihiroHattori5).

Spell Name: Charybdis (The Fatal Whirlpool in the Odyssey)
Spell Accuracy: 70%
Spell Description: This spell is particularly an AoE spell (which means this spell does damage to everybody on the other side). Though, the amount of damage it does relies on how many people are on the other side.
1 Person on the other side- Damage dealt is 530
2 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 630
3 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 730
4 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 830

I have also expanded on some of the other spells for Wizard101.

For the School of Balance

Spell Name: Equillateral Blast
Spell Description: The Equillateral Blast deals a total of 125 Damage of each school onto the Target.
125 Fire Damage
125 Storm Damage
125 Ice Damage
125 Balance Damage
125 Myth Damage
125 Life Damage
125 Death Damage
For a total of 875 Damage (base) overall.

Death
It's a Global spell, and I don't exactly know if it would be just for Death only, but here it is ...

Spell Name: Sacrifice
Spell Description: Once casted, a dome appears over the whole battle triangle. Unless changed, the effects of this spell are 65 points of Death damage deducted from everybody on the Battle Triangle per turn.

Life

Spell Name: Caladrius (A white bird that is known in Mythology for curing diseased nobles and peasents)
# of Pips: 6
Spell Description: Deals a Value of 1000 to One player.
First turn (Beginning Heal): 400 Health
Second Turn: 300 Health
Third Turn: 200 Health
Fourth Turn: 100 Health

Here's another type of Spell I forged up, hope you like it as well.

Spell Name: Natural Protection
Spell Description: Once the caster casts it on his/her own side, a Ward appears on the target. If anybody on the other side tries to harm the target with the ward attached, the damage will be transferred to health. The ward will stay on for three turns. It can be pierced by Myth spells and/or Stolen by Ice Spells.

Fire
Spell Name: Sun Trap
Spell Description: It gives a 20% Trap to Fire on the target, and wards the Caster with a -30% Shield for Fire.

Spell Name: BlazeFury
Spell Accuracy: 95%
Spell Description: Caster can see what the target is using for Three rounds.

These are the updated Spells for now, refer to this chart and my other for any questions or comments about any of the spells.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
chrispriest wrote:
warriorwizard2 wrote:
I love the idea it's the best one so far, one comment about the life spell is that Zeyphyr (if i'm thinking from the right myth ) is not seen he can't be, for he, is wind. In the legend he is not seen but heard and felt so hear is the change i think to the animation. A setting of leaves and twids are layed aroung then the wind picks up the leaves and twigs circle around one place, as if a tornado, and the leaves take the shape of a man but the leaves are still swirling then he looks at the target and flings razor sharp leaves that go in slomotion then slice through the enemy the leaves seem to move and stare at you then theleaves flyinthe air and twirls around you, healing you.

dude, you seriously need to get a job at kingsisle, that was a very intelectual and well thought out interpretation of zephyr, liked it better than the original idea, waaaaayyyyy better...like almost to say its your idea and i'd give you credit for it

@chrispriest: A minor change and all of a sudden it's genius? You can't possibly be serious.

@warriorwizard2: Eh...I'm not fond of the idea. It doesn't really change the spell much for the better and I'm missing why you'd tell us how in the legend of Zephyr he's not seen, but heard, then say the leaves take the shape of a man in your interpretation of Zephyr.

Explorer
Nov 14, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I think it's a fair enough amount of time since the release of Celestia to bring up this topic. Here are my ideas for the Rank 9 spells. I spent three days researching and putting these spells together, but if there are any inconsistencies with what you already know about the mythology of these creatures please don't hesitate to correct me. Be as brutally honest as you want, but please have a reason. Don't just say, "I hate these spells"; tell me why you hate these spells. It goes both ways; don't just compliment me; tell me what you like about the spells.

Fire: Chimera (deals 875-890 to all enemies); a mountain raises from the ground, geysers spouting fire . As the large center geyser spouts, the flames form the shape of the chimera. It approaches the target as the lioness, goat, and snake all take a deep breath and breath fire at the target.

Ice: Amarok (deals 775 and steals a shield); starts with a close-up of the moon as the amarok howls. The camera zooms out to reveal the back of the sitting amarok (a large wolf with white and light blue fur). It stands up and turns to face the target and growls. It runs and attacks the target before fleeing the scene.

Storm: Siren (deals 985-1010 to all enemies); a fog covers the field and the most wonderful melody is sung. As the fog clears, you see a woman in a tan dress sitting on a rock in the middle of an ocean, her arms behind her and her hair covering her face. She looks over at the camera, hair still covering half of her face as she continues singing. She then lets out a bloodcurdling scream, which dissipates the fog, and holds up her hands, which are revealed to be claws. She then jumps from the rock in slow motion and scratches the target repeatedly, then jumps back to the rock.

Balance: Sphinx (deals 750 and adds two Hex traps); a desert setting is immediately established (sand, pyramids, palm trees, etc.) with the Sphinx in the middle. The ground starts rumbling, and all of a sudden the Sphinx crumbles to reveal the actual Sphinx monster. It makes eye contact with the target and runs at him/her, turning to sand upon contact.

Life: Zephyr (choose an enemy to deal 700 and an ally to heal 700); the field is covered in grass and leaves. The leaves in the center of the field kick up and swirl in a cylindrical fashion; the leaves dissipate to reveal Zephyr, god of the west wind. He smiles at the heal target and bows, building up his energy. He slowly stands erect and levitates, his hands above him forming a sphere of wind energy; he throws the sphere at the heal target then lowers himself to the ground. He turns to the attack target with a look of ire. He spins wildly out of control and creates a fierce tornado. It tears up the landscape until it reaches the attack target.

Myth: Boogeyman (pierces shield and deals 820); [Note: I know what you’re thinking and my response to that is this is one of the most popular, widespread myths in history!] The field is covered with dark wood flooring. A door rises out of the floor; the camera zooms in on the knob, which rattles and slowly turns. The camera quickly zooms out as the door is flung open to reveal darkness. A creature cloaked in a long white blanket emerges from the darkness and approaches the target. It proceeds to scare the target with a simple “boo”.

Death: Valkyrie (deals 875-900 to all enemies); Clouds cover and float above the field. The Valkyrie quickly rises from the clouds covering the field, dressed in black and silver armor and riding a black horse. She approaches the target and raises her hand. A silver spear materializes in her hand and she cries out as she throws it at the target.
I LOVE the Balance idea it finally gives balance a powerfull spell that gives a hex

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
stelargk wrote:
I quoted this so I could see what I was responding to)
To begin
Fire: actually seems a bit weak. I think it needs a bigger effect, because it's a stronger non DoT dragon IMO.
Ice: pretty good, except I don't know WHAT amarok is!
Storm: Nice, I think. Like a stronger storm lord; fitting.
Balance:Very classic, very VERY balance. I think this is ingenious. I think its good.
Life: Um, no. Maybe it's my "Inner-Necro" but I don't like it. It's not steal, but heal/hurt is a deathy attack. Its a bit "too epic" for lack of a better term, for rank 9
Myth: Well, I disagree. If myths were all "myths" right, then you'd be listening ot the Odessy as part of your school history! It might scare some younger wizards, and doesn't seem to give off the right "wizard" feel. See,ms like a cross between myth and death I:S
Death: Good. I think it should be steal though, because it's 2 ranks higher that crow, and crow was kind of weak, plus we havent had a good AoE, since crow was a bit weak and all :P I'd like to add some greek mythology into Death, because well, it IS selfish but I'm part greek and LOVE when greek mythology is included in things, because it's such a rich culture

Fire: I don't see why it needs to be any stronger, and why does there need to be some effect? I miss when people were okay with just a high spell...

Ice: I explained what it looks like in the description. It's a wolf from Inuit folklore if that's what you meant.

Storm: Finally, someone has something good to say about Siren. I'm so sick of everyone either saying it has nothing to do with Storm or that it's too questionable. I'm thinking in terms of rating, and this game is rated E10+! If a parent lets their kid who isn't 10 play Wizard101 and they get scared, that's on them.

Balance: Thank you! It's nice to hear a good word on Balance too.

Myth: How is this scary in any way?! As for it not being "wizard-y" enough for you, this is Wizard101. The attacks aren't all supposed to be serious and epic.

Life: I'm gonna make it either/or.

Death: Three of the attacks in this thread are Greek mythology-based. Sorry, but I'm not changing Valkyrie. Why don't you just make a Theurgist, or a Diviner, or a Pyromancer?
In response to your response of my resonse, I did not suggest you change it. I have failed to study all cultures myths and legends, so I am more equip to mention things like greek and chinese myths. Mostly greek though.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Changes made to Rank 9 spells (I made it more "Wizard101-y"):

- The Rank 9 spells have decided to let their accuracy percentages be known to the public.

- Zephyr has realized that he should limit his divine power. He will let you choose to attack an enemy or heal yourself or an ally, but he now refuses to do both.

- Valkyrie has learned the virtue of generosity. She will now convert half her damage to HP and heal the caster and his/her allies.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
@icewing43:

Warning: I'm gonna be a jerk for a minute...

You need to stop with this presumptuous attitude, cuz last last time I checked you were commenting on my thread. I know I probably have no right in sayng so, but you're coming off very arrogant and frankly I don't appreciate it. What you don't realize is KI has reasons for the things they do. A lot of people complained about the Rank 7 spell effects, saying they were either unnecessary or didn't work very well for them or at all. That's why KI didn't go as crazy with the Rank 8 spells as they could've. Having a simple spell with no ridiculous amount of effects leaves more focus on the power of the spell and prevents people from whining about non-issues. Your spells, with all their bells and whistles, are liabilities waiting to happen. This is why, if I were you, I wouldn't be saying smug things like, "If Kingsisle had to choose right now over whose [that's the word you were looking for by the way] ideas were better, they'd probably pick mine." You need to take a seat.

Okay, I've gotten that all out of my system. I'm sorry to be so rude, but the way you're coming off is that your ideas are the best thing since sliced bread and mine were a waste of time. Especially the fact that you said that you can easily defend your ideas...and then you didn't was like saying, "It's not even worth my time explaining myself to you." If you really want to work together we have to just that: work together. I'm free Saturday; I just need the realm and time (in Eastern).

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
@icewing43:

Warning: I'm gonna be a jerk for a minute...

You need to stop with this presumptuous attitude, cuz last last time I checked you were commenting on my thread. I know I probably have no right in sayng so, but you're coming off very arrogant and frankly I don't appreciate it. What you don't realize is KI has reasons for the things they do. A lot of people complained about the Rank 7 spell effects, saying they were either unnecessary or didn't work very well for them or at all. That's why KI didn't go crazier with the Rank 8 spells as they could've. Having a simple spell with no ridiculous amount of effects leaves more focus on the power of the spell and prevents people from whining about non-issues. Your spells, with all their bells and whistles, are liabilities waiting to happen. This is why, if I were you, I wouldn't be saying smug things like, "If Kingsisle had to choose right now over whose [that's the word you were looking for by the way] ideas were better, they'd probably pick mine." You need to take a seat.

Okay, I've gotten that all out of my system. I'm sorry to be so rude, but the way you're coming off is that your ideas are the best thing since sliced bread and mine were a waste of time. Especially the fact that you said that you can easily defend your ideas...and then you didn't was like saying, "It's not even worth my time explaining myself to you." If you really want to work together we have to just that: work together. I'm free Saturday; I just need the realm and time (in Eastern).

Warning: I'm not going to be a jerk for a minute. All I'm trying to do is wanting you to approve of it. I know some of the things I said were unneccesary and I'll change those, heck I even listened to some of your comments and changed them. Remember, they won't go off of specifics for our ideas. They might want a part of my idea and a part of your and combine them. If you don't know right now, we ARE working together. What were doing right now is great for them. We are feeding them so many ideas, they can't keep their heads straight. We just need to keep it up.

Look, about the comments back on your criticism, I tried to post them THREE times, and something went wrong. So I tried to send something back saying I do have comments on these, and I tried telling you.

Now I know the Rank 7 spells were a disappointment as well to everybody else, but I mean come on! Of course they would be if they were like that.

First of All Frost Giant utterly stinks. It's technically the same as Storm Lord, just a little lower damage. What wizard would want that? That's like a slap in the face for all thaumaturgeists (sorry fo the spelling if it's wrong.)

Secondly, Powernova. Well their first mistake was putting Hydra at 42, which would have gotten them overly excited about the next spell. It originally was (I think) distributing 2 (or) 3 pips to your whole side, but then they changed it. (I think that's also why they originally called it PowerNova as well.) But giving about the lowest damage to all opponents and giving them a Weakness? Uh ... there will be a lot of complaining.

And now that they finally finished up their Rank 8 spells, why don't we start it up again with a little pizazz (or however you spell it)?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
icewing43 wrote:

Spell Name: Charybdis (The Fatal Whirlpool in the Odyssey)
Spell Accuracy: 70%
Spell Description: This spell is particularly an AoE spell (which means this spell does damage to everybody on the other side). Though, the amount of damage it does relies on how many people are on the other side.
1 Person on the other side- Damage dealt is 530
2 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 630
3 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 730
4 People on the other side- Damage dealt is 830

Again, how is KI gonna come up with an animation for this? The wizards are stationary and technically so is the whirlpool. Also, the effect is a cool idea, but unnecessarily complex.

Balance

Spell Name: Equillateral Blast
Spell Description: The Equillateral Blast deals a total of 125 Damage of each school onto the Target.
125 Fire Damage
125 Storm Damage
125 Ice Damage
125 Balance Damage
125 Myth Damage
125 Life Damage
125 Death Damage
For a total of 875 Damage (base) overall.

I actually like this idea, but I can only see this coming at Rank 13 or 14 if anything.

Death

Spell Name: Sacrifice
Spell Description: Once casted, a dome appears over the whole battle triangle. Unless changed, the effects of this spell are 65 points of Death damage deducted from everybody on the Battle Triangle per turn.

First, the name is taken (it's a spell where the caster inclicts 250 damage on him/herself to recieve or give an ally 700 HP), so that will have to be changed. Second, the spel is very unrealistic. The only thing that eliminates a Global spell is another Global spell. Since you posted no other Global spells, wizards like my Sorcerer, who don't have their Global spell in their deck, would be at a huge disadvantage. By the way, it's a duel circle, not a triangle. Just sayin'.

Life

Spell Name: Caladrius (A white bird that is known in Mythology for curing diseased nobles and peasents)
# of Pips: 6
Spell Description: Deals a Value of 1000 to One player.
First turn (Beginning Heal): 400 Health
Second Turn: 300 Health
Third Turn: 200 Health
Fourth Turn: 100 Health

I like this idea, but I think Theurgists are tired of healing spells.

Spell Name: Natural Protection
Spell Description: Once the caster casts it on his/her own side, a Ward appears on the target. If anybody on the other side tries to harm the target with the ward attached, the damage will be transferred to health. The ward will stay on for three turns. It can be pierced by Myth spells and/or Stolen by Ice Spells.

Awesome spell, but (there's always a 'but', isn't there? lol) the title doesn't make sense. If Theurgists were "naturally protected" like that, they would be really hard to defeat! What about

Fire

Spell Name: Sun Trap
Spell Description: It gives a 20% Trap to Fire on the target, and wards the Caster with a -30% Shield for Fire.

Spell Name: BlazeFury
Spell Accuracy: 95%
Spell Description: Caster can see what the target is using for Three rounds.

This is already a Death spell that Necromancers don't even want! Why would Pyromancers want it?!

General Spell Comments:

There are three things you need to keep in mind when thinking of spells. One thing is the school's nature. This will tell you what that school still needs and what would be useful for that school. For example, Ice is a protection school which is why they have such weak spells. That being said, you shouldn't give a Thaumaturge a spell that's so strong it chews its victims up and spits them out (figuratively; literally is a different story). Another thing is reality. If a spell does a crazy amount of damage, removes all the enemies' blades, and stuns them for four turns, that's too much. Start simple (power for attack spells, effect for non-attack spells) and consider everything involved. Is this spell worth the pips? Is the accuracy reasonable? Is it indestructible (if so, that's an automatic no to the idea)? Can you see wizards who aren't in that school becoming envious at the sight of the spell? Finally, the third thing you must think about: KI! If KI can't make it work, it's not gonna happen.

Survivor
May 01, 2010