Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Aging (Aesthetics)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2010
Perhaps it has been mentioned before and shot down, but I've never heard of it before. Would the developers ever consider changing the aesthetics of pets so they changed appearance as they aged. Such as a firecat pet being a kitten as a baby and then growing to be an old scruffy cat at mega. I know this would certainly require a lot of work to pull off but I think it would add a lot of immersion and be a neat dynamic to the pet training experience. Thoughts anyone?

Administrator
MumbleMage on Jul 20, 2021 wrote:
Perhaps it has been mentioned before and shot down, but I've never heard of it before. Would the developers ever consider changing the aesthetics of pets so they changed appearance as they aged. Such as a firecat pet being a kitten as a baby and then growing to be an old scruffy cat at mega. I know this would certainly require a lot of work to pull off but I think it would add a lot of immersion and be a neat dynamic to the pet training experience. Thoughts anyone?
That's an interesting idea! Our animation and modeling department would probably cringe a bit at the workload though :). Maybe we can do that with something though.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
From THIS POST, 6 years ago :) This should only be for SOME pets, to limit all the hard work it would take. There would need to be something like this in the game already; different versions of the same exact monster, like the various fire elves.

Defender
Aug 01, 2014
MumbleMage on Jul 20, 2021 wrote:
This is actually a feature in pirate101, where your pet becomes increasingly bigger as it ages and I think it's a really neat feature. I fully support it.