Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Name Changer

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
3
I would really like to change my name. I started playing this game since I was 12. looking at my name now just sounds silly. it'll of course be a crown item around id say...500 crowns or so? What do you guys thing?

Survivor
Jul 16, 2012
3
Knowing kingsisle they will come up with it but i think it should be free but they want to make money so i would say you are about right with 500 crownsor like 750 somewhere around there

Explorer
Aug 07, 2014
55
Yip yip, I totally want this to be implemented.

I would have to add that, the person changing there name must have had no complaints or such against them so that, if anyone commits verbal harassement or gets flagged etc, they cannot change there name to escape punishment etc.

The idea of paying crowns to change name is good to, I mean you have to pay crowns to reset your secondary school training points, why not the same for your name if it no longer reflects you.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
ahh yes!!!! me and my friend Johnny Firepants both need this, but he changed his name to Luke BattleBane, and i had no clue who he was and deleted him, beautiful idea 140% YES!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
8
Not gonna say much but I do agree that this should definitely be a thing. I know one time my friend started an entirely new wizard cause they disliked there name so much.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2009
16
well, its good and bad. I can see how you might want to change a name you regret. I can also see the potential for mass confusion if a ton of people changed names all the time. Maybe as a one time purchase? Or once a year?

It would be a great way for someone who was being trolled on the game to get a new I.D. It could also work the opposite way if someone was trying to get back on a friend list of a person who has good reason to avoid them.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
327
JJCarlos78 on Oct 29, 2016 wrote:
I would really like to change my name. I started playing this game since I was 12. looking at my name now just sounds silly. it'll of course be a crown item around id say...500 crowns or so? What do you guys thing?
Eventually, we all learn this and get disappointed. I have gone to the extreme, and deleted characters just bc I did not like the name.

Yes this should defiantly be an option, and you will find many people over the years have asked this same question on the boards.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
This wouldn't even hurt the game, it would make the game better in fact, so much better.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
Here's my thoughts. When this is FIRST introduced, it should be free first name change. After that, it should use the same cost schedule as training point buy backs; the longer you go before you utilize it, the more expensive it gets. This should also NEVER be a member benefit at all.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
Pretty sure KI has said this won't happen. It opens up many avenues for abuse, would allow bypassing ignores, would create loads of accidental friend list deletions, could be used to dupe players and impersonate other players. I'm not completely opposed to renaming, but it should not be something that can be done easily or cheaply, and most definitely NOT free.

Survivor
May 22, 2010
2
This isn't a needed feature but it would be good to add.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
seethe42 on Oct 31, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure KI has said this won't happen. It opens up many avenues for abuse, would allow bypassing ignores, would create loads of accidental friend list deletions, could be used to dupe players and impersonate other players. I'm not completely opposed to renaming, but it should not be something that can be done easily or cheaply, and most definitely NOT free.
I think it all depends on how much time KingsIsle wants to spend on this. They never mentioned them not doing this ever. Also, KingsIsle can find a way to make it work out.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2226
seethe42 on Oct 31, 2016 wrote:
Pretty sure KI has said this won't happen. It opens up many avenues for abuse, would allow bypassing ignores, would create loads of accidental friend list deletions, could be used to dupe players and impersonate other players. I'm not completely opposed to renaming, but it should not be something that can be done easily or cheaply, and most definitely NOT free.
Let me ask this question, if somebody who is on an ignore list deletes their character, do they get removed from the ignore list? If so, then they can absolutely maintain ignore lists, as well as friend lists, after a name change.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
415
I would love this... I wouldn be able to change my embarrassing middle and last name on one of my wizards

Defender
Dec 07, 2012
130
I think this is a really nice idea... I got some wizards with names that sound silly. I don't really want to keep the middle and last name of some of my characters, so yeah, I really do like the idea.

--Fiona

Survivor
Dec 11, 2011
27
This would be an amazing idea but I think there should be a limit how long you can change the name again after the name change PER WIZARD. This would prevent people in your friendlist from getting extremely confused, unless there is a special icon near the "Add Friends","Teleport to Friend" section to show their previous name(s) when you click on it.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
once per wizard 50,000 crowns name change potion..... if youre desperate for a name change, ya pay for it.. doing so will send everyone on your friends list a message saying blah blah blah, has become blah blah blah..... can we stop with these name changing posts now? i seen 5 so far.....

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
camahawk on Nov 10, 2016 wrote:
once per wizard 50,000 crowns name change potion..... if youre desperate for a name change, ya pay for it.. doing so will send everyone on your friends list a message saying blah blah blah, has become blah blah blah..... can we stop with these name changing posts now? i seen 5 so far.....
Honestly, if KingsIsle adds that, people will quit the game because they're so cheap.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
671
frostednutella on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
Honestly, if KingsIsle adds that, people will quit the game because they're so cheap.
you get the name change..... you'll pay for it, but ya get it.... didnt like ya name, take the extra 2 minutes and change that firepants last name to firesword.... easy as that.. i'm just tired of a name changer being a weekly post

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
camahawk on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
you get the name change..... you'll pay for it, but ya get it.... didnt like ya name, take the extra 2 minutes and change that firepants last name to firesword.... easy as that.. i'm just tired of a name changer being a weekly post
You are wrong about this post being common and if you don't like new ideas being put out then you don't have to look in this section.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
frostednutella on Nov 12, 2016 wrote:
You are wrong about this post being common and if you don't like new ideas being put out then you don't have to look in this section.
This "idea" is posted a few times a month. There's nothing new about it. It's been discussed repeatedly for years and KI has said no repeatedly.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
203
As for a reason against it being abuse- the same can be said about being able just delete and create new ones. It would be that hard to get past ignores etc. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you ignore a person it's only that one wizard ignoring that one, not every wizard on your account.
I think the best way for KI to handle the name change is to just add some names to the database and allow a one time makeover with keeping your level etc.
But I'm all for making it an exiler like the level 50 one. I

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4162
mittensk on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
As for a reason against it being abuse- the same can be said about being able just delete and create new ones. It would be that hard to get past ignores etc. Correct me if I am wrong, but when you ignore a person it's only that one wizard ignoring that one, not every wizard on your account.
I think the best way for KI to handle the name change is to just add some names to the database and allow a one time makeover with keeping your level etc.
But I'm all for making it an exiler like the level 50 one. I
Creating a new wizard doesn't allow you access to the same levels and areas. Your assumption that it's the same thing would require that both wizards in question are low levels in Wizard City. If someone is ignored for behavior in Avalon, they cannot just create a new wizard and port to Avalon and continue with a new wizard.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
577
seethe42 on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
This "idea" is posted a few times a month. There's nothing new about it. It's been discussed repeatedly for years and KI has said no repeatedly.
By what I said I was meaning to tell him that this section is meant for ideas and if someone doesn't want an idea posted then they don't have to contribute to the discussion of the idea.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1037
In my opinion, I think it's a good idea to have the option to chance last name. But why would anyone want to? It's like starting your wizard all over. Pick my wizard for an example. Patrick Ravenbane; if I would change my name, I would lose everyone on my friends list and possibly everything I accomplished in the game because all the data is recorded to the name I have now. If we are able to do that without harm, it would most likely cost crowns. Yet again, I'm not KI. I can't speak for them. KI is known to give in to players when there's enough of them coming forward complaining or sharing the same ideas as long as it doesn't break the security rules and laws.

1