Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Member Benefits Wish List

2
AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
DaisySee on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I wish members were given a promotion calendar each month they were active as members so they could see when there are upcoming Double Gardening Rewards, Double Pet XP, One Free Second Chance Chest, Five B.O.X.E.S. Event, Lost Pages Event, etc.

It would cool if some items in the Crown Shop had a gold option for members like the hairstyles or some of the elixirs as well. I also think that members should have a small discount in the gold stores around the Spiral.
I really like all these ideas, but especially the members heads-up notice.
It's great because I let my sub go for months at a time to get back to real life more- but if I knew that this week was double garden and next was double pet and next was something I don't care about I'd plan my activities using my energy efficiently and getting my pet hatched up. As it is l let it go and reup if I see it's double and if Im not onto something else yet.Two really big "if" issues.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
DaisySee gave me a couple more ideas

Pet Talent X-ray Machine.

  • For Crown price you could put an egg in and see the talents and abilities an egg has on it's petnome card. The first Crown charge just showes the 10 talents and 10 Derby abilities the egg inherited. A second crown charge would show the 5 talents and 5 derby abilities the pet is destined to manifest in, if trained far enough --and the order in which they manifest.
  • Non Members may or may not have access to the egg view for Crowns.
  • But at adult, members--for free or gold -- put the pet in and get the same information.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
Also,

Until we get the complicated, but more convenient --for the player, housing organizing systems I've asked for--

Member's only Limitless Bank, Shared Bank, Attics, Backpack Months.

I assume there are limits for a reason so it probably couldn't go all year for those who maintain long or full year memberships, but there could be 2 or 3 months a year that are designated as Member Bonus Space Spring Cleaning Months.

Some people would just quest and take advantage of not needing to sell for a month.

But I would put real life on hold that month. I'd dump everything in my shared bank. My main character would pull everything out and put it all in her Bank.
  • Then I'd sort seeds into different Vaults and throw the storm and myth seeds on my myth girl (since I don't have a Storm) etc.
  • Then I'd throw each different school of gear into a gear vault (all fire, all life...) and send those vaults to the right characters.
  • Then I'd divide my universal gear into 3 or 4 vaults by levels and send them to the right characters.
  • Then I'd choose housing items for each character and send those to the right house for decorating.
  • If there was any time in the month left I'd start sorting pets by keep/sell - save to train in Test - ornamental yard pets -- and send them to houses.
  • Then I'd throw what remained into my back pack and sell it all.
And then, one by one, I'd finally re-decorate all my houses again - or at least the ones I care about. But none of them would be junk heaps. And I'd have all the same gear pieces in single backpacks and be able to sell duplicates without fear that it was actually the only one. And I would know how many gear vaults to buy per character--cause I'd know how many fire pieces I was keeping and what not.

There'd have to be a way to deal with the overflow after the month was out, if the item numbers weren't back down to allowed limits. Can't be harsh because irl stuff happens that messes with our game plans. But those limit reasons might need to be considered.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2011
80
Trade seeds.
I've started a thread on this and I believe that this is a good way to help new players out and empty some space in your backpack. Major gardeners such as myself need to reap the rewards, but not at the cost of our backpack space. Give new players a seed, their first magma pea, and help them get into other things besides questing. I believe this is a necessary feature and should be implemented in the game.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
49
DaisySee on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
I wish members were given a promotion calendar each month they were active as members so they could see when there are upcoming Double Gardening Rewards, Double Pet XP, One Free Second Chance Chest, Five B.O.X.E.S. Event, Lost Pages Event, etc.

It would cool if some items in the Crown Shop had a gold option for members like the hairstyles or some of the elixirs as well. I also think that members should have a small discount in the gold stores around the Spiral.
I love that idea. It'd be cool if they also told us things about test realm stuff, like new recipes and what the ingredients would be. I don't have much time to play on test realm, but it would be nice if I could get the heads-up on what reagents I'll need when those recipes go live.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
49
Jacob LotusCaller on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
Trade seeds.
I've started a thread on this and I believe that this is a good way to help new players out and empty some space in your backpack. Major gardeners such as myself need to reap the rewards, but not at the cost of our backpack space. Give new players a seed, their first magma pea, and help them get into other things besides questing. I believe this is a necessary feature and should be implemented in the game.
Yes! I'd also like to see seeds included in recipes, possibly a mega snack recipe? One EMP, combined with other reagents, to make maybe ten mega snacks.

Sorry. I know this is off the topic of member benefits as it might not be member specific, but that's something I'd love to see added. Also, trade pet snacks and reagents.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
49
Two things that would encourage me to buy a yearly membership rather than doing it monthly and dropping it from time to time would be:
A) being able to pass jeweled pets/gear through the shared bank. I hate not being able to pass certain pets through the bank for a hatch because they have jewels.

B) Less time on timers for hatching/crafting or no timer for those things.

Both of those would have to be a constant benefit for me to maintain my sub all year, but I'd definitely do it. Also, making double pet and double garden rewards more frequent.

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
56
Jacob LotusCaller on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
Trade seeds.
I've started a thread on this and I believe that this is a good way to help new players out and empty some space in your backpack. Major gardeners such as myself need to reap the rewards, but not at the cost of our backpack space. Give new players a seed, their first magma pea, and help them get into other things besides questing. I believe this is a necessary feature and should be implemented in the game.
I thought suggesting a player to player trade option was against the Forum's rules....

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
9
Firecull on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
Two things that would encourage me to buy a yearly membership rather than doing it monthly and dropping it from time to time would be:
A) being able to pass jeweled pets/gear through the shared bank. I hate not being able to pass certain pets through the bank for a hatch because they have jewels.

B) Less time on timers for hatching/crafting or no timer for those things.

Both of those would have to be a constant benefit for me to maintain my sub all year, but I'd definitely do it. Also, making double pet and double garden rewards more frequent.
I was just thinking about this today; the crafting timer, as it would make crafting houses so much easier. I'd want the member benefit to be that there was no cool down time for crafting.

I also like the idea of members being allowed to hatch again right away.

I don't think I'd maintain a membership for a whole year just for passing jeweled items through the shared bank, but if it was part of a package deal, it would certainly be persuasive.
My yearly needs making it worth holding an account for a year would be:

  • Jeweled Items through the Shared Bank
  • The X-Ray machine
  • endless Double Pet Rewards and Double Garden Rewards
That would do it.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1395
My wish is simple.
Please let each of our wizards own more than one of the SAME house.

There must be a way.
I have accidentally bought two too many of the enormous castles.

I'm waiting for either two new wizard to be allowed per account or for KI to enable us to have more than one house of the same types per wizard.

That is also because some are great for storage but also great for decorating. I'd love to do one of each in some cases.

Thanks.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1395
Oh...OK I thought of another.

Double of some items. Such as those sonic springs that are so hard to get but are necessary for some craftable items.
Maybe just at certain times of year so it's more fair to non members. It could be part of a membership drive. (Not for new members only though!)

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
50
No. I've always been a member but there are older players or busy players who play randomly or not often enough to make paying a membership worth it and pay by crowns when they are free to play. It would not be fair to only allow extra levels to members only when members also get tons of perks already. It would make paying by crowns pointless and that was created for a reason for people who I stated above. Also not everyone can afford a membership and save money to pay by crowns. Not everyone wants to do or has time to do every side quest either. It's not fun to be busy and play occasionally but be stuck in the same world for ages cause of side quests. Back when level 50 was the max you HAD to do EVERY side quest to get to level 50. It was not fun realizing that at level 46 at the end of dragonspyre, and having to go back to every lower level world and do tedious side quests for tiny bits of xp for weeks just to get the extra 4 levels. I am glad they increased xp amounts to make up for it and not require you to do every side quest now. Alot of people like me just want to do the main quests so we actually get time to work on other characters because we are busy and new things constantly come out to catch up with too.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
TheFloofLord on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
No. I've always been a member but there are older players or busy players who play randomly or not often enough to make paying a membership worth it and pay by crowns when they are free to play. It would not be fair to only allow extra levels to members only when members also get tons of perks already. It would make paying by crowns pointless and that was created for a reason for people who I stated above. Also not everyone can afford a membership and save money to pay by crowns. Not everyone wants to do or has time to do every side quest either. It's not fun to be busy and play occasionally but be stuck in the same world for ages cause of side quests. Back when level 50 was the max you HAD to do EVERY side quest to get to level 50. It was not fun realizing that at level 46 at the end of dragonspyre, and having to go back to every lower level world and do tedious side quests for tiny bits of xp for weeks just to get the extra 4 levels. I am glad they increased xp amounts to make up for it and not require you to do every side quest now. Alot of people like me just want to do the main quests so we actually get time to work on other characters because we are busy and new things constantly come out to catch up with too.
There is definitely some agreement with you in this thread, but I'd like to point out a few things.
  • There's no need to further incentivize people who always carry their membership – but those who do would get all the benefits, how is that not awesome?
  • The idea is to make continuous or more frequent membership worth it FOR those older, busy, more random players. To come up with ideas that would make THEM prefer membership over 2 lattes a month or a couple RedBox rentals or whatever they'd be trading out/ shifting around.
  • Paying by Crowns wouldn't be pointless. 1) if they never have a membership, nothing in their game would change at all. Not even PVP as you are assigned partners by level. NO one thing would change – they may find themselves questing side by side with someone who's higher level but still working the same quest, so bosses and dungeons would be easier. 2) they'd still be able to own their areas and walk away as they please. 3) with or without a membership people can still choose to play only when they are free to play, but with the membership IF it was WORTH IT to THEM – they'd accumulate benefits they cared about.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
TheFloofLord on Feb 21, 2018 wrote:
No. I've always been a member but there are older players or busy players who play randomly or not often enough to make paying a membership worth it and pay by crowns when they are free to play. It would not be fair to only allow extra levels to members only when members also get tons of perks already. It would make paying by crowns pointless and that was created for a reason for people who I stated above. Also not everyone can afford a membership and save money to pay by crowns. Not everyone wants to do or has time to do every side quest either. It's not fun to be busy and play occasionally but be stuck in the same world for ages cause of side quests. Back when level 50 was the max you HAD to do EVERY side quest to get to level 50. It was not fun realizing that at level 46 at the end of dragonspyre, and having to go back to every lower level world and do tedious side quests for tiny bits of xp for weeks just to get the extra 4 levels. I am glad they increased xp amounts to make up for it and not require you to do every side quest now. Alot of people like me just want to do the main quests so we actually get time to work on other characters because we are busy and new things constantly come out to catch up with too.
My response was too long so I broke it in two.
  • It's true that not everyone can afford a membership (I've been there many times.) But most people who play this game probably have some flex where they can choose to use their leisure money differently – see latte and RedBox examples above. The idea is just to get them to pick W101 instead - precisely because it's worth it to them.
  • No one would be stuck in worlds because of Side Quests – the game is already set up to let people progress without points from sides. That wouldn't change at all. It's only that you'd have more XP and be higher level when you finish a world if you do them.
I started around the time CL went live, so I never played when you were required to complete every quest -side and mainline - to reach the level cap. I didn't even know that was a thing, ever. And it would have been miserable if you didn't want to deliver all the letters or do every mob fight/ defeat and collect in MB. If that was still the way of it, I'd agree with you. But as it is, all I'm asking is that they leave the mainline progress as it is; allow us to keep collecting xp for sides; keep leveling up; renew our potions when we do level up; and allow us to wear the higher level gear and start new worlds at a higher level if we've played out the whole game. If not, well, nothing changes – except higher level questing partners if they were members when they worked quests over the "level cap".

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
Waiving the gold hatch fee if you are hatching between 2 family accounts.

Doesn't cost KI anything to let us hatch for free, and there are a few reasons it would be a good addition.

Making it easier for older players to help hatch up the pets for younger players in the family or like me with my nephew - he loves playing but he just won't work on his pets (he's autistic) but he spends his gold. My life would be a lot easier if I wasn't spending his gold to hatch up his pet. And when my niece played we could have helped her much easier and when my mom was playing - it would have made life much easier too.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
582
I'd like to see members having their hatching timers cut down to an hour. On pirate101 it is possible and so much easier to get a pet you want with the pet talents desired. The hatching timer on pirate is about 10 minutes I believe. What does this stop:
1. scammers
2. obnoxious people
3. tension
4. fear of asking for a hatch

The reset timer potions would still be significant, after all, I see people use hatching potions on eggs that are going to hatch in five minutes. I would expect people to use it if there was only an hour to wait. In a way, perfect pets are more import in pirate than in wizard. I'm sure other pirate players would be willing to agree with me.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
The first Feedback Friday of March 2018
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-3-2-18-8ad6a42461dbb3480161e8a1474776e0?page=1

I suggested a bunch of games that could be made into new Crown kiosks, each of which would have as a benefit that during an active membership, playing that game would refill Energy along with the normal Mana and Health.

That way the game kiosks would sell for crowns first, then anyone who cared about Energy would want to maintain their membership and play those games to refill.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1395
I would like an arrow for the daily task.

Yesterday's Daily Task was Polaris, River of Frozen Tears.

The map doesn't really say how to get there.

I blundered around a long time before finally just trying the teleport to Walruskberg in the Baba Yaga house, even though there was no reason for me to think that led to a River of any sort. I had even tried the cave nearby and wound up in a really tedious battle with Baba Yaga. I fought her statues first and then realized which battle it was in when she summoned a bull statue. I thought oh no this was one of my least favorite battles in this game, and I fled. I did it once as a quest, that's enough.

Same thing if the Daily Task is in Mooshoo or wherever or Dragonspyre. The maps really don't tell everything. It also doesn't say where in that area you will find the monster. So you wind up going round and round endlessly long avenues trying to find them.
Please there is no reason an arrow can't be part of a daily task. We get arrows with quests how it this any different? The reward comes from the battle or from taking time to do the task, not from memorizing the entire spiral.
Thanks.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1395
Helenie Nightseer on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
The first Feedback Friday of March 2018
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-3-2-18-8ad6a42461dbb3480161e8a1474776e0?page=1

I suggested a bunch of games that could be made into new Crown kiosks, each of which would have as a benefit that during an active membership, playing that game would refill Energy along with the normal Mana and Health.

That way the game kiosks would sell for crowns first, then anyone who cared about Energy would want to maintain their membership and play those games to refill.
I thought you meant it was the Feedback Friday for 9 March and I sent them several ideas but they closed the topic before mine appeared. Oh well. Maybe the staff will get to read them?!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
1000
SparkleTude on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
I would like an arrow for the daily task.

Yesterday's Daily Task was Polaris, River of Frozen Tears.

The map doesn't really say how to get there.

I blundered around a long time before finally just trying the teleport to Walruskberg in the Baba Yaga house, even though there was no reason for me to think that led to a River of any sort. I had even tried the cave nearby and wound up in a really tedious battle with Baba Yaga. I fought her statues first and then realized which battle it was in when she summoned a bull statue. I thought oh no this was one of my least favorite battles in this game, and I fled. I did it once as a quest, that's enough.

Same thing if the Daily Task is in Mooshoo or wherever or Dragonspyre. The maps really don't tell everything. It also doesn't say where in that area you will find the monster. So you wind up going round and round endlessly long avenues trying to find them.
Please there is no reason an arrow can't be part of a daily task. We get arrows with quests how it this any different? The reward comes from the battle or from taking time to do the task, not from memorizing the entire spiral.
Thanks.
Preach it Sparkle!

S GS
91

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
167
You guys are getting a bit off topic from the Original poster.. This is about member Benefits and to throw some ideas out there. I would love to see free Pet training (no energy required) Or Perhaps Half Pet training energy requirement for members since no energy would be quite a leap. Instead of 10 energy to train my mega pet It will cost 5 as an example. In fact why don't they have a member benefit that just halves all Energy related costs? Fishing, Gardening, Pet training. I think Halving the energy costs would allow many more members freedom to do what they like to do.. Some like to garden some like to pet train.. This way its a win-win for everyone. What do ya all think?

Survivor
Jul 31, 2015
10
As it is now being added to the game, side quests no longer give xp. This idea of a different level cap will not benefit anyone because as the story progresses, leveling requires more xp and KingsIsle is adjusting the game to where the main quests are the only xp reward. I do all the side quests, but this level cap increase idea really wouldn't benefit anyone. Also, this would create too much of a difference between crowns and membership players. I currently have a membership on two accounts and have bought the game using crowns across three. I can say, membership users are rewarded way too much because crowns players spend a decent amount of money as well. I feel at this point crowns players should be granted some rewards as well.

Champion
Jul 09, 2010
485
MOSslayer101 on Mar 15, 2018 wrote:
As it is now being added to the game, side quests no longer give xp. This idea of a different level cap will not benefit anyone because as the story progresses, leveling requires more xp and KingsIsle is adjusting the game to where the main quests are the only xp reward. I do all the side quests, but this level cap increase idea really wouldn't benefit anyone. Also, this would create too much of a difference between crowns and membership players. I currently have a membership on two accounts and have bought the game using crowns across three. I can say, membership users are rewarded way too much because crowns players spend a decent amount of money as well. I feel at this point crowns players should be granted some rewards as well.
I never noticed that before, but I just checked my level 125. I have no XP available on quests in Empyria or Mirage. I have other older quests that still display XP, but not from the last two worlds.

That's sad.

Regarding the rewarding of membership players vs. crown players: The only point is to support the highest revenue for KI for Wizard101 resources. This thread is assuming that their support comes mostly from memberships.

But if that's not true, the rewards should go to promote whatever they think will entice us to give the most money. It's not really about a preference (in my mind) for one form of play or another -- just that KI have big fat coffers and it's talent is paid awesomely and equipment is managed optimally -- so we get the best game experience possible. For a long long time.

2