Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Member Benefits Wish List

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jul 09, 2010
A Request Thread for new / additional Member Benefits

I'll Start: Expanded Level Cap For Members

Crown Players & Free Players would continue to attain new levels in the same way as is now in-game. When a quest is completed during a lapsed membership no XP are awarded if the Level Cap has been attained. But this addition continues awarding XP if there is an active membership at quest completion.

Members would receive normal XP for every quest completed during a membership period, whether they've already achieved the standard/non-member level cap or not.

All XP go toward new levels at the same rate non-members will attain in the future.

It's just very frustrating to have so many lovely quests and so much possible XP to be had—but if you play the whole game you max out long before you finish a new world. This particularly hurts if you are a fisher, pet trainer, or gardener –if you like to do it all it's really bad, because you quit getting that auto-re-fill of the energy ball. But you also miss out on the fun of new better gear, power growth, etc.

So, this addition would drive memberships for:

• anyone with old quests in their book
  • quests they haven't bothered to pick up but would—if they got to level up more for it—as it is 90% of side-quests don't contribute to the competitive aspect of the game at all.
  • people who need more energy (both in the aspect of getting that auto-re-fill more frequently and getting a larger energy ball from being higher level.)
I think that if KI did this people who normally let their memberships lapse for long periods between worlds—because they don't do their sides–would at least keep them until they'd cleared all available quests so when the new worlds open they can start out the strongest they can be (using better gear and having better natural stats from leveling up.)

It would continue to drive memberships, even after every quest was completed and every major XP was awarded, if they still awarded the normal XP for battles so members still moved (though slowly) toward that next level by farming bosses, helping lower levels in their quests, and just messing around for fun.

It would dramatically lessen the desirability of buying areas – if you're a member you don't need to buy and if you play other characters off-membership in the owned areas they won't get XP beyond the non-member Level Cap. So, the question is which brings more benefits to KI and the game—players having memberships or buying areas?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Nightly Energy Refill or Nightly Energy Elixir Gift

At lower levels or without Crown Energy Gear – my energy ball filled over night, but no more. Not even during a membership, when the time it takes to fill is shorter.

I wish my energy ball automatically refilled at midnight KI time (Central, I think.) It could work normally in every other way, but at midnight all members energy balls would automatically refill.

Or, even better for us and probably easier for KI,

if every night at KI midnight–members automatically got a new energy elixir in their Gift Icon.

Better for us because if our ball was partially full that energy's not wasted and if we don't need it that day we can save the bottles for gardening mishaps or that super pet that's almost there or the maddening days of fishing where no amount of luck is helping.

Easier for KI because the system already exists since they already give us Energy Elixir gifts sometimes.

It would just be set up to happen nightly on only the members accounts.

Survivor
May 10, 2012
I also think they could add onto this the same way Diablo 3 did. By doing like a mastery type system after max level of 125. This would allow players to customize their characters to specifically fit their play style. Such as they could add a bit to their resist, or to their damage, or to their healing in/out, ect. This could be a missed opportunity if they don't jump on this cause adding 10 levels every year is just boring!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Some nice ideas. I cam back to W101 after a long hiatus (when I left level 50 was the cap). It surprised me just a bit after having done ALL of the side quests (to that point) that I was at level 50 long before the final battle with Mallistaire. I ended up being level 54 (I think) by the time I was done with Dragonspyre.

KI has always added 10 levels to the cap with each new world, so the expectation should be you would reach these levels by the end of these worlds...

Dragonspyre - 50
Celestia - 60
Zafaria - 70
Avalon - 80
Azteca - 90
Khrysalis - 100
Polaris - 110
Mirage - 120
Empyrea - 125 (through pt 1. I expect it will be 130 when pt 2 releases)

With Grizzleheim and Wysteria there's even more room for level advancement.

I estimate I am halfway through Azteca at this point and currently am sitting at level 88. I'll be well over level 90 when I get to the Krysalis.

Now while I understand the need for level caps and do not recommend doing away with them. It would be nice for KI to figure out what is the MAX level attainable if a Wizard does EVERY side quest currently in the game. Then make THAT max attainable level the level cap for members.

Steven Ghoststalker

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Gaara1369 on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
I also think they could add onto this the same way Diablo 3 did. By doing like a mastery type system after max level of 125. This would allow players to customize their characters to specifically fit their play style. Such as they could add a bit to their resist, or to their damage, or to their healing in/out, ect. This could be a missed opportunity if they don't jump on this cause adding 10 levels every year is just boring!
I've never played that game, but isn't the gear, pets and jewels doing exactly that as we level up -- and those things are changeable so you can further customize based on the role you play on a team vs. solo questing vs. pet training/gardening...etc.?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Area51Alien on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
Some nice ideas. I cam back to W101 after a long hiatus (when I left level 50 was the cap). It surprised me just a bit after having done ALL of the side quests (to that point) that I was at level 50 long before the final battle with Mallistaire. I ended up being level 54 (I think) by the time I was done with Dragonspyre.

KI has always added 10 levels to the cap with each new world, so the expectation should be you would reach these levels by the end of these worlds...

Dragonspyre - 50
Celestia - 60
Zafaria - 70
Avalon - 80
Azteca - 90
Khrysalis - 100
Polaris - 110
Mirage - 120

I estimate I am halfway through Azteca at this point and currently am sitting at level 88. I'll be well over level 90 when I get to the Krysalis.

Now while I understand the need for level caps and do not recommend doing away with them. It would be nice for KI to figure out what is the MAX level attainable if a Wizard does EVERY side quest currently in the game. Then make THAT max attainable level the level cap for members.

Steven Ghoststalker
Yah, I really do hope this is coming. I'd be happy with your variations but I'd be happier with the "whole enchilada"

Survivor
May 10, 2012
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 12, 2018 wrote:
I've never played that game, but isn't the gear, pets and jewels doing exactly that as we level up -- and those things are changeable so you can further customize based on the role you play on a team vs. solo questing vs. pet training/gardening...etc.?
Not exactly because diablo 3 also has jewels to customize. What I am referring to is what they call paragon. Once you hit max level then all future experience goes to paragon levels. Then you can use your paragon points to increase a certain aspect of your character (which is based on your school) on a more permanent basis.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009

Dragonspyre - 50
Celestia - 60
Zafaria - 70
Avalon - 80
Azteca - 90
Khrysalis - 100
Polaris - 110
Mirage - 120

Steven Ghoststalker
Not everyone wants to do sides, the level cap is based on the storyline as it should be! If you do not want to do things for no xp you are certainly free to skip them, to me I if I want to do something I do not really care if there is XP or not after I am at max level

To make max level include all XP from sides would exclude much of the player base who choose not to do them, they are called sides because they are Optional, including them in a level cap would make them Mandatory, not cool!

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013

Dragonspyre - 50
Celestia - 60
Zafaria - 70
Avalon - 80
Azteca - 90
Khrysalis - 100
Polaris - 110
Mirage - 120

Steven Ghoststalker
Since they've been adding extra content like the new dungeons like Zigazag I've come close to being lvl 100 without having gotten Shadow magic yet, so some kind of adjustment is definitely going to need to be made at some point, especially if they keep adding side content like that.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Not everyone wants to do sides, the level cap is based on the storyline as it should be! If you do not want to do things for no xp you are certainly free to skip them, to me I if I want to do something I do not really care if there is XP or not after I am at max level

To make max level include all XP from sides would exclude much of the player base who choose not to do them, they are called sides because they are Optional, including them in a level cap would make them Mandatory, not cool!
I'm not sure how including side quests in the allowed MAX level would suddenly make them mandatory. If I recall correctly, my nephew (who does not do side quests) was at level 49 when he beat Mallistaire.

I'm just advocating that if KI is going to offer XP for side quests then those points should be calculated into the absolute MAX level attainable. Things where XP should NOT be given nor figured into that would be the continued farming of a singular instance (If I've defeated Loremaster once I should not get repeated XP for continued farming fights). XP does not need to be given for daily Gravulum assignments.

The developers have given XP values to side quests so those sides should give one the XP advertised. All KI needs to do is figure out the number of XP offered by all quests, Cap of the level advancement at THAT point and advertise each world as:
Dragonspyre 50+
Celestia 60+
Zafaria 70+ etc., etc.

If you don't want to do the side quests, fine. That is your choice. I'm just saying that if KI doesn't want Side Quests to count into the total number of XP you are allowed to earn, then don't offer XP for them. Training points, gear, whatever.

Either allow all the XP to be earned or don't offer XP for side quests (That would include Grizzlehiem and Wysteria).

Think of side quests as overtime. How would you feel if after voluntarily working extra hours every week to suddenly have you boss tell you that 160 hours is our salary cap for the month. Yes you got paid for all the overtime on each check but the last one this month puts you at 180. So we'll only be paying you for 20 hours.

Just my 2 cents

Steven Ghoststalker

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:

I don't think you understood my idea.

If the max level was set to include every possible point in the game--all it means is that people who only play the main quest-line would never reach the max level.

There isn't any kind of penalty for not being max level --there's also not any kind of bonus for being max level.

Spells and quests and worlds have a minimum level on them that has to be met but the main quest-line already offers enough points to reach all those bench-marks. So nothing bad would happen.

But the good would be:
  • players who like to solo often would have their base stats boosted by being higher level
  • and they'd fit into their next level gear for the same purpose
  • and until we finish the available game we'd continue to level up and refill our energy bottle when we do.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Gaara1369 on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
Not exactly because diablo 3 also has jewels to customize. What I am referring to is what they call paragon. Once you hit max level then all future experience goes to paragon levels. Then you can use your paragon points to increase a certain aspect of your character (which is based on your school) on a more permanent basis.
That sounds very interesting. I hope they consider some version of that system.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
More Energy for Monthly and Yearly Members

I was also thinking that membership could come with an extra Potion Bottle and and extra Energy Ball.
And if you have a years subscription you could get two.

I don't know what would be easier for the makers to do.

The same effect would be achieved if the renewal timer on energy was doubled or tripped.
Or if the bottle was enlarged by 2 or 3 times.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Jan 16, 2018 wrote:
I'm not sure how including side quests in the allowed MAX level would suddenly make them mandatory. If I recall correctly, my nephew (who does not do side quests) was at level 49 when he beat Mallistaire.

I'm just advocating that if KI is going to offer XP for side quests then those points should be calculated into the absolute MAX level attainable. Things where XP should NOT be given nor figured into that would be the continued farming of a singular instance (If I've defeated Loremaster once I should not get repeated XP for continued farming fights). XP does not need to be given for daily Gravulum assignments.

The developers have given XP values to side quests so those sides should give one the XP advertised. All KI needs to do is figure out the number of XP offered by all quests, Cap of the level advancement at THAT point and advertise each world as:
Dragonspyre 50+
Celestia 60+
Zafaria 70+ etc., etc.

If you don't want to do the side quests, fine. That is your choice. I'm just saying that if KI doesn't want Side Quests to count into the total number of XP you are allowed to earn, then don't offer XP for them. Training points, gear, whatever.

Either allow all the XP to be earned or don't offer XP for side quests (That would include Grizzlehiem and Wysteria).

Think of side quests as overtime. How would you feel if after voluntarily working extra hours every week to suddenly have you boss tell you that 160 hours is our salary cap for the month. Yes you got paid for all the overtime on each check but the last one this month puts you at 180. So we'll only be paying you for 20 hours.

Just my 2 cents

Steven Ghoststalker
You do receive the XP as advertised for sides as long as you are not max level, many people currently do them to be over leveled and have and easier time in worlds

Receiving XP after reaching a max level would make that not the max level, I am failing to see the logic here?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 22, 2018 wrote:
I don't think you understood my idea.

If the max level was set to include every possible point in the game--all it means is that people who only play the main quest-line would never reach the max level.

There isn't any kind of penalty for not being max level --there's also not any kind of bonus for being max level.

Spells and quests and worlds have a minimum level on them that has to be met but the main quest-line already offers enough points to reach all those bench-marks. So nothing bad would happen.

But the good would be:
  • players who like to solo often would have their base stats boosted by being higher level
  • and they'd fit into their next level gear for the same purpose
  • and until we finish the available game we'd continue to level up and refill our energy bottle when we do.

LOL, sorry they are called sides for a reason! Everyone would of course want to be MAx level in which case sides would not longer be otpional,

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:

LOL, sorry they are called sides for a reason! Everyone would of course want to be MAx level in which case sides would not longer be otpional,
Side quests would still be optional, because they do not include main story line material, include tasks necessary to progress to the next part of the story / area, or form the only way to obtain an XP level required to progress to the next spell, instance or area.

No matter how much XP someone had acquired, if they hadn't done a main line task, they still couldn't progress to the next area, spell or main line task. Because they hadn't fulfilled all the main line steps.

Anyone who wanted to be max level for the sake of being max level (like obtaining every badge in the game) would be free to play the entire game. People who find sides tedious would still be free to skip them. People who want to play the whole game and /or like to be higher level entering a new world so it's not so hard to solo and /or people who like to level up and get that extra Energy Ball refill or just like that leveling up feeling -- would get those benefits.

I don't know anyone at KI, but I imagine that the side quests exist for several reasons--giving us more to do than just the main story line provokes players into a deeper world immersion, makes the game take longer --giving them more time between worlds and enriches the experience of a wide multilayered world. So artistic expression, crowd control and a better more popular and lucrative product . But, those are just guesses -- if any of them are correct --this idea of expanding the level cap to include them all doesn't mess any of that up at all.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Jasmine3429 on Jan 24, 2018 wrote:
You do receive the XP as advertised for sides as long as you are not max level, many people currently do them to be over leveled and have and easier time in worlds

Receiving XP after reaching a max level would make that not the max level, I am failing to see the logic here?
All I'm saying is that as of right now, I am two bars short of level 90 and I am currently questing in Cloudburst Forest of Azteca. Going by the number items left on the Zeke Quest, I estimate I'm about 2/3 done with Azteca.

At this rate, I'll be level 125 LONG before I get anywhere near the end of Empyrea. I will no longer be able to earn any more XP after level 125.

Why should I finish questing if get no more XP? Just because I choose to do everything KI offered doesn't mean I should get penalized in higher worlds and forced to play for NO reward.

If KI is going to offer XP on side quests, it should be earn-able all the way through. Have the XP bar disappear once a Wizard has finished all the offered quests. I don't care about earning XP for Gravulum, or Monsterology as those are specifically "extra credit".

I fail to see the logic in offering XP for quests but cutting a Wizard off before he or she has chance to earn all of what is offered.

Steven Ghoststalker

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Area51Alien on Jan 25, 2018 wrote:
All I'm saying is that as of right now, I am two bars short of level 90 and I am currently questing in Cloudburst Forest of Azteca. Going by the number items left on the Zeke Quest, I estimate I'm about 2/3 done with Azteca.

At this rate, I'll be level 125 LONG before I get anywhere near the end of Empyrea. I will no longer be able to earn any more XP after level 125.

Why should I finish questing if get no more XP? Just because I choose to do everything KI offered doesn't mean I should get penalized in higher worlds and forced to play for NO reward.

If KI is going to offer XP on side quests, it should be earn-able all the way through. Have the XP bar disappear once a Wizard has finished all the offered quests. I don't care about earning XP for Gravulum, or Monsterology as those are specifically "extra credit".

I fail to see the logic in offering XP for quests but cutting a Wizard off before he or she has chance to earn all of what is offered.

Steven Ghoststalker
Well some school spells are actually task locked so there is that! If you do not want to go past max level, don't! I will continue to disagree with this logic

Survivor
May 10, 2012
I have to disagree with the logic that side quests are mostly optional. KI has made it to where some spells you can only get if you go through the side questlines such as grizzleheim. Due to this factor it shows that KI values its side quest lines as much as their main quest lines!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Gaara1369 on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
I have to disagree with the logic that side quests are mostly optional. KI has made it to where some spells you can only get if you go through the side questlines such as grizzleheim. Due to this factor it shows that KI values its side quest lines as much as their main quest lines!
Many people do not bother with those spells believe it or not. Bottom line is there is no reason why members should be able to obtain some "new max level" different than everyone else!

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Jasmine3429 on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
Many people do not bother with those spells believe it or not. Bottom line is there is no reason why members should be able to obtain some "new max level" different than everyone else!
The same could be said of double pet rewards and double garden rewards, but they have both -- as well as only letting members play in Test Realm. And Test Realm, beside the fun of seeing new content first, has the further benefit of usually allowing us to pet train so we know which pets to take to ultra or hatch with saving us crowns, energy, and snacks in the Live Realm.

The reason members--not "should" but could be given the expanded level cap is that it would be another incentive to keep memberships active at least as long as there is unplayed new world content a available. For many players it would probably be incentive until they'd finished everything in the game as well. Either way it gives KI a steadier and higher income than buying areas which allows a player to replay an area through 6 characters and over and over for farming.

The bottom line is that anything that benefits KI's bottom line also benefits the players.

Please add ideas to incentivize players to give KI more money on a monthly and yearly basis through continuous membership.

What would make you maintain a continuous membership (if you didn't normally)?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Not a new benefit - but an alteration to a current one:

I wish that there was a toggle switch in our books (where we can choose to use the Quest Arrow or be Invisible) that we could choose whether or not to get the double seeds on Double Garden Rewards.

I know it sounds crazy but if you have a pretty full pack and don't need the seeds, all the extra seeds are a problem. But on Double Garden you do want your double rewards otherwise.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Members Only optional - New Defeat Animation

When a member is defeated, if we enabled the option, instead of our head spinning and ending up in the commons of that world or area---

The new animation has them "dying" in a WAY over acted comedic way--like the Daffy Duck cartoons and how I imagine Pork would die if he was in battle and defeated. And when we get to the commons we're still laying on the ground and just sort of freeze and then jump up dust off and whistle, pretending nothing happened at all.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I wish members were given a promotion calendar each month they were active as members so they could see when there are upcoming Double Gardening Rewards, Double Pet XP, One Free Second Chance Chest, Five B.O.X.E.S. Event, Lost Pages Event, etc.

It would cool if some items in the Crown Shop had a gold option for members like the hairstyles or some of the elixirs as well. I also think that members should have a small discount in the gold stores around the Spiral.