Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega-Pip & Grand-Pip

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2008
6
okay so ive been thinking about this for awhile now too!!!
its called the MEGA-PIP (no drama in that). its better then the power pip and the normal pip. the mega-pip gives the equal to 3 normal pips or just one power pip and normal. the shines brighter then the power pip and its color is orange to make it look more powerful. the percentage of the mega-pips you can get is directly cut in half the power pip percentage you have. like any old pip they are used for spells and disappear when used even if its a rank 1 (uses one pip) spell. you know what i mean?
but the one better then the mega-pip is the grand-pip which is red in color and shines waaaaaay brighter. the percentage rate is to cut the power pip rate in half to show the mega-pip rate, then you cut the mega pip rate in half once again. its a low percentage, but this pip counts as four normal pips, and so on with the power pips and stuff.
also, these pips have certain level of use. the mega-pip is only allowed to be used with 58+ then in future worlds, the grand-pip is used for 60 or 65+

so in conclusion, pvp gets way harder and or easier to beat. we will be able to use our pips more widely and use more spells and defeat tougher monsters with these pips.

thank you guys for reading ^^
~Taylor WaterGem~
~Level 60 Necromancer

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
153
I think this is a great idea. It does need more tweaking I think in order to be fair across the board. the 58+ rule. Not so much. Maybe 50-60 and then the other pip from 60+. I still don't feel is fair because then at level 60+ you'll be getting 7-8 pips possible, I know it would be a smaller percent but possible, in one round. which means all of those nice Celestia spells you would be able to cast right off the bat. If the next world is going to be that tough, you just made all of your other spells in your spell book obsolete. Most level 60's have at least 80-90% power pip chance as it stands now. half of that would be around 45% and as we increase in levels beyond 60 your chance of getting the higher pips will be around one of every 2 rounds, which will be just insane. I hope this helps.

Great Idea but will need more work.

I do feel we will need a new pip system or an adjustment to the pip system if we're going to make it past Celestia. I wonder what they will implement to make it fair to fight the harder mobs, Things I'm sure KI is looking into as the percent system is already getting maxed out.

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
This is another idea commonly suggested... we can only assume tri-pips will pop-up in realm 7 due to the high amount of pips to cast spells now.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
49
i luv it except, the leveling is just too high. it should be AT LEAST 50+ but i mean, everyone has a different opinion. and i respect that. thanks,
the soulblossom [fabgrrrl]

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
153
we may see more gear that gives us power pips to start with, instead of just the chance to get them.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
22
i think instead you should be able to get more than one pip/power pip per turn. if some celestia bosses can start with four power pips, you should be able to, too

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
153
jbanner611 wrote:
i think instead you should be able to get more than one pip/power pip per turn. if some celestia bosses can start with four power pips, you should be able to, too


Totally Agree

Explorer
Jun 19, 2009
57
Good idea, but it still needs more tweaking even though many people have posted.

Most level 60's have at least 80-90% power pip chance as it stands now. half of that would be around 45% and as we increase in levels beyond 60 your chance of getting the higher pips will be around one of every 2 rounds, which will be just insane. I hope this helps.

As Danton1983 stated, most legendaries do get 80% to 90% but some spirit schools and balance get over 100%.

Soooo.... Half of that would be the Mega-Pips which would be around 30% to 60%.
Now make that in half. 15% to 30% is the answer. These are the Grand-Pips.
In the next worlds we might as well be getting more pips from our gear.
Life might get ~200% Power-Pips at level 100!
Think about it now. We will ONLY get Power-Pips from our gear BUT...... There will be a new option in our character page. There will be arrows by our Power-Pip Chance. We have an option to change them to either Mega-Pips or Grand-Pips according to your game style.
If I were to decide when we would get the option to change to these types of pips, I'd say level 52+ since that's when we start to get better power pip chance with some Celestian Gear. You would be allowed to pick between power-pips and mega-pips.
You would be allowed to get grand-pips at 62 and you will no longer be able to manifest power-pips due to power pip chance over 100% and later at level 72 we would get Super pips which is Blue in color.
And so on..... But this is the most exciting one. At level 100 we would finally be able to manifest Ultra-Grand pips which would be black in color and might as well be 10 regular pips for each black pip!

Tell me if this sounds more better.

Travis Smith-Legendary Pyromancer
David Deathblade-Grandmaster Necromancer
Timothy Lifeblade-Grandmaster Theurgist
Cody Pants-Master Conjurer
Hunter Pants-Magus Thaumaturge
Kevin Thundercloud-Magus Diviner


Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
danton1983 wrote:
jbanner611 wrote:
i think instead you should be able to get more than one pip/power pip per turn. if some celestia bosses can start with four power pips, you should be able to, too


Totally Agree
But think if you get a wand that starts with a grand pip and you get a grand pip the first turn? Then your starting with 8 pips.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
122
Defender
Feb 24, 2009
144
I posted something like this a couple of weeks ago in the feedback fridays.
I called them giga pips that gave 3 school pips and 2 non school pips and are one third the amount of your power pip chance. They were double the size of a power pip and a bright blue ( like ice blue but a bit darker. and when i mean a bit it's a BIT darker). Now with all these extra pips the maximum amount of X attacks will increase like judgement, heckhound, ice armor, and animate. Hey, maybe KI will combine our ideas, but probrably not :(

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
102
Some people who rushed through celestia to see the final bosses, like me, were able to see some of the new wands kingsisle was originaly going to release. They gave to pips at the start of a battle instead of critical. This was taken away after about a week because in pvp, you would be able to cast your new spell round two. You could cast it round one if you used elucidate, which was changed so you only get to treasure versions of it, unless someone at the bazaar sold theirs. I think that in the next world, they will have elucidate OR the wands with the extra two power pips. This way because the new spells require nine pips, you could not cast it until you got enough pips, which would be the equivelent to the amount of turns we have to wait now to cast our rank seven spells. Then, if elucidate comes out, I think in about two worlds, then the wands with two power pips come out. This way we can never wait less then three turns to cast a high level spell, such as with high level spells now. Pips is still an area that Kingsisle is probably working with because it's one of the few areas that hasn't been explored much or changed. The only example I can think of would be empower, donate pips, or sacriface minion for pips, which are all spells that are helpful, if used right. A mega pip is a great idea, but I think it's to early in the game to be hoping for that. We might get it when rank 12+ spells come out because by then we would have gotten the wand, the spell, and rank 12 spells would be able to be casted in three turns, just like our high level spells now. Sure, efreet could be cast on the first turn, but by then, efreet would be old news because kingsisle doesn't only make more powerful spells, but they are more powerful in a different way so that it different then the other spell and not nessasarly more powerful damage wise. An grand pip would not even come out in this world line. That would be so far advanced, it would not come out till mid next world like or even past. First, there would be a wand that gives a mega pip and probably some other ability. Then there would be a new side school of spells that messes with pip numbers like steal pips or lock down pips. Finally, there would be the grand pip. It wouldn't show till around when rank 20 spells come out, which is far far away. Pips sure could have a bright future.

Defender
Dec 01, 2010
153
there are so man x damage spells that will make this very hard. to compensate your life and mana totals will have to be increased by large amounts. I still think having gear that gives us power pips along with chance at getting more per round or always gives 1 per round would be a better answer. As we get higher in levels our secondary schools become less used. Maybe give us something more to use them with? Not sure.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
It all began with the pip, a life wizards can use fire spells using pips.
Then came the power pip, a life wizard could use a power pip to count as 2 pips but a fire could not use power pips for a life spell. The fire uses power pips for a fire spell.
Then, the mastery amulet were invented. Now, with the life mastery amulet, the fire could use power pips on a life spell. The mastery amulet no longer lets a life power pip be a only life power pip. The mastery amulets now is letting other wizards access to different schools power pips. But then, on a rainy night, there was one wizard, who was on a quest to a new world. Nothing like Wintertusk or Celestia. He had set sail to the new world over a month ago, and is now lost. His boats crashes into a couple of eels and now a battle has begun. The wizard fought as hard as he could but his power pips were not enough energy to save him. The eels were about to defeat him and the wizard could not save him self. The 2 eels were about to triton. He had 2 power pips and he needed 3 more pips for a fire dragon. His life mastery amulet was no good. He did not know what to do. But just when all hope was lost, a new powerful pip came to the wizard! The supreme pip! Giving him now enough power to use fire dragon. He defeated the eels and was saved! From that day on, the supreme pip was used by wizards all over spiral. Now allowing them to conquer new challenges. And that fire wizard, discovering a new world, had discovered the Supreme Pip! 3 pips in 1.

The End

That is my idea expressed in a story.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
115
akifoniq99 wrote:
It all began with the pip, a life wizards can use fire spells using pips.
Then came the power pip, a life wizard could use a power pip to count as 2 pips but a fire could not use power pips for a life spell. The fire uses power pips for a fire spell.
Then, the mastery amulet were invented. Now, with the life mastery amulet, the fire could use power pips on a life spell. The mastery amulet no longer lets a life power pip be a only life power pip. The mastery amulets now is letting other wizards access to different schools power pips. But then, on a rainy night, there was one wizard, who was on a quest to a new world. Nothing like Wintertusk or Celestia. He had set sail to the new world over a month ago, and is now lost. His boats crashes into a couple of eels and now a battle has begun. The wizard fought as hard as he could but his power pips were not enough energy to save him. The eels were about to defeat him and the wizard could not save him self. The 2 eels were about to triton. He had 2 power pips and he needed 3 more pips for a fire dragon. His life mastery amulet was no good. He did not know what to do. But just when all hope was lost, a new powerful pip came to the wizard! The supreme pip! Giving him now enough power to use fire dragon. He defeated the eels and was saved! From that day on, the supreme pip was used by wizards all over spiral. Now allowing them to conquer new challenges. And that fire wizard, discovering a new world, had discovered the Supreme Pip! 3 pips in 1.

The End

That is my idea expressed in a story.
oooh the story is cachy and i like the supreme pip idea, but what would it look like? the power pip is yellow, and the normal pip is white, what color would the supreme pip be?

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer aka your cousin

Explorer
Mar 09, 2009
66
pretty cool, although it would have to come out with a pretty powerful world. :P

Dustin RavenBreath aka Country Gamer
Level 60 Myth

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
4
Oooh LOVE the supreme pip! Maybe it could be blue? i think that would be fitting :)

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
niyadjahan wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
It all began with the pip, a life wizards can use fire spells using pips.
Then came the power pip, a life wizard could use a power pip to count as 2 pips but a fire could not use power pips for a life spell. The fire uses power pips for a fire spell.
Then, the mastery amulet were invented. Now, with the life mastery amulet, the fire could use power pips on a life spell. The mastery amulet no longer lets a life power pip be a only life power pip. The mastery amulets now is letting other wizards access to different schools power pips. But then, on a rainy night, there was one wizard, who was on a quest to a new world. Nothing like Wintertusk or Celestia. He had set sail to the new world over a month ago, and is now lost. His boats crashes into a couple of eels and now a battle has begun. The wizard fought as hard as he could but his power pips were not enough energy to save him. The eels were about to defeat him and the wizard could not save him self. The 2 eels were about to triton. He had 2 power pips and he needed 3 more pips for a fire dragon. His life mastery amulet was no good. He did not know what to do. But just when all hope was lost, a new powerful pip came to the wizard! The supreme pip! Giving him now enough power to use fire dragon. He defeated the eels and was saved! From that day on, the supreme pip was used by wizards all over spiral. Now allowing them to conquer new challenges. And that fire wizard, discovering a new world, had discovered the Supreme Pip! 3 pips in 1.

The End

That is my idea expressed in a story.
oooh the story is cachy and i like the supreme pip idea, but what would it look like? the power pip is yellow, and the normal pip is white, what color would the supreme pip be?

blaze duskstone legendary conjurer aka your cousin


It would be an orange pip.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
36
I believe the next step up in color choice would be gold or orange, possible silver

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
Good idea. I like the story as well. It's a decent story, but expresses your point. I'm not sure if this would be all that fair for PvP though. If you got a Supreme Pip and a Powerpip at the start, you could pull out a Stormzilla treasure card as soon as the battle began and do some good starter damage to a me. Regular pips allows people to shield and trap and use blades while they earn enough to do some good damage, and powerpips speed up the process a bit. Supreme pip instantly kills the wizard and gains all the power it need to take over the entire world, then solar system, then galaxy, then universe, until it stumbles across a black hole and is never seen again!

P.S. If it did exist I thought it would have kind of a rainbow glow to it but be white.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
eggywig wrote:
Good idea. I like the story as well. It's a decent story, but expresses your point. I'm not sure if this would be all that fair for PvP though. If you got a Supreme Pip and a Powerpip at the start, you could pull out a Stormzilla treasure card as soon as the battle began and do some good starter damage to a me. Regular pips allows people to shield and trap and use blades while they earn enough to do some good damage, and powerpips speed up the process a bit. Supreme pip instantly kills the wizard and gains all the power it need to take over the entire world, then solar system, then galaxy, then universe, until it stumbles across a black hole and is never seen again!

P.S. If it did exist I thought it would have kind of a rainbow glow to it but be white.


Hmm, I see your point about it will unbalance pvp. Though, I think this pip would be created at least 2 worlds after celestia( not including Wintertusk) in the story line. There probably will be only one new hit spell for each school when the level cap goes up to 70, then 80. So, the supreme pip could balance when the game gets more difficult. But on the other hand, when we were level 20, our power pip chance was only like 10-20% depending on our schools. Then 50 levels higher when the cap goes up to 70, wizards should only have a 5-15% supreme pip chance. I thought of this pip to help wizards in their time of need, so if they are lucky, they could gain a supreme pip and win the battle in PvE. If the supreme pip chance has a low chance, in PvP only if you are lucky, you would get a supreme pip. Another way to say it is if your lucky, the old bolt would make. So, the supreme pip would not be a big part of PvP. Most wizards will only get power pips for the battles and like only 1 supreme pip. But way in the future when the game gets REALLY hard and wizards can get to level 100, The supreme pip chance should get up to 60-70%. When this occurs, the supreme pip will be really balanced in my opinion because everyone will have really high health, the attacks will be really strong, and the supreme pip would act like the new power pip. Say orthrus takes 3 power pips and 1 pip. The new rank 12 would take 4 supreme pips! So right now, like in past, the power pip chance was low, when the game level cap increases, the supreme pip chance will be low. But when we got to grandmaster, our power pip chance was really high. Then in the future when we are level 100, our supreme pip chance will be really high.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks Warrior

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
102
This is a great idea and has been discused many times before but the constant problem with it is the pvp factor that so many people love. Introductin this "Supreme pip" would result in the fact that who ever would go first in 4v4 or even 3v3 would most likely be the winner. Because of this, the supreme pip would need a type of counter ability, similar to critical with block. This way you wouldn't completely own a pvp match in a few rounds. Besides a lot of people enjoy the longer tougher matches where strategy and preplaning is involved. Similar to the case with emolate and simplify, which are still available but rare, Kingsisle couldn't make it learnable because it would make pvp to quick and turn it into an almost meele style duel.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
Maybe a very rare chance of it. Perhaps for legendaries with a spill over 100%. Like say they had 102% power pips they could have have 2% supremem pip.

Defender
Apr 02, 2009
123
Hello. I like this idea and have thoug of it before, so I think it should come to the game, but I would change a few things. I don't think this pip should be allowed in pvp when it first comes out because it be just too powerful and instead of it having super high percentages, it would just be around 4 or 5% when it comes out. Also, I see a lot of people are having debates about the color. Maybe KingsIsle could drain the pool in the commons for a week and set a voting booth in the middle or inside the statue. There, you could vote for which color you would want the pip to be. That would be nice, having the players make a big game decision. Or, I was thinking the pip could be a rainbow color or a super mini spiral that floats around. Or, it could vary from school to school, such as, a ball of fire, a block of ice, an electric ball, a tiny scale, a glowing leaf, a pyramid with a eye (The myth symbol), or a skull.

Cool idea and nice story.
-Blaze ShadowHunter, Legendary Pyromancer