Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega-Pip & Grand-Pip

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2010
17
and for other schools without the mastery amulet it would count as two, makes sense?

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
57
The supreme pip should be the color of your school like death would be black for example. Myth would be a darker yellow thats easy to notice the difference.

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
31


blaze duskstone legendary conjurer aka your cousin

Maybe a Neon Blue? :D

Emma Iceblossom ♥♥♥
Legendary Ice :)

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
The Ultra Pip, a pip that gives the power of three pips in one pip!
Er, did that make sense?
Anyway, Starting at level 60 you can start to get the Ultra Pip chance! Or starting at level 70 if this is too soon! I don't mind!
60/70: 5%
61/71: 10%
(Raise by 5% each level)
So at level 70/80 you should be at 50%!
But then you have gear to raise it even more! YAY!
Why do I suggest such a pip?
Now that we are going to have spells worth 9 pips we need to earn it quicker.
Then 10... then 11...
You got it?
Igloogirl3

Defender
May 01, 2011
183
love the idea! but would the ultra pip be like 3 pips you know because a pip is 1 and power pip is 2 the ultra pip could be 3.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Igloogirl3 wrote:
The Ultra Pip, a pip that gives the power of three pips in one pip!
Er, did that make sense?
Anyway, Starting at level 60 you can start to get the Ultra Pip chance! Or starting at level 70 if this is too soon! I don't mind!
60/70: 5%
61/71: 10%
(Raise by 5% each level)
So at level 70/80 you should be at 50%!
But then you have gear to raise it even more! YAY!
Why do I suggest such a pip?
Now that we are going to have spells worth 9 pips we need to earn it quicker.
Then 10... then 11...
You got it?
Igloogirl3


I was thinking of that exact same idea. It should be red

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
75
Explorer
Mar 02, 2010
59
They SHOULD do that. Added up with an extra pip slot, it would make dueling so much more fun! :P

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
5
why not just increace limit to how many pips you can have :D
oh my sand witch! i stayed up all night making that!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
755
oh just make the entire ring fill with pips
and you will be in a halo of pips if you live that long

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
87
this is a great idea! but what color should the ultra pip be!?!? :? :?
just wondering........


Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
hurricansofdeath10... wrote:
love the idea! but would the ultra pip be like 3 pips you know because a pip is 1 and power pip is 2 the ultra pip could be 3.
That made absolutely no sence at all...

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
You do have a good idea, but, do you want to give up 6 pips for a 4 pip spell?

The best thing would be to leave the power pips as they are and just add more of them to our position. If I am not mistaken, we currently are able to get 7 or 8 power pips total. Until we are using even higher rank spells, it would be more practical just to increase the number of pips.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
goldendragon18 wrote:
You do have a good idea, but, do you want to give up 6 pips for a 4 pip spell?

The best thing would be to leave the power pips as they are and just add more of them to our position. If I am not mistaken, we currently are able to get 7 or 8 power pips total. Until we are using even higher rank spells, it would be more practical just to increase the number of pips.


Not exactly. KI never have made us wait 4 turns to do a spell, unless we had bad luck. The most they have made us wait, is about 3, saying thats about the time your power pip chance gets fair, so around magus (rank 5 spells and in life's case, rank 6)

In other words, the mobs are getting stronger, they start out with 8 pips, and we will be waiting for them to get a couple hits off on us (especially saying its 2v1 or possible 3v1) before we can hit them (this is in the future, where a gargantuan blizzard frog meteor etc. isnt enough to kill), and possibly even die.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2181
slammer111 wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
You do have a good idea, but, do you want to give up 6 pips for a 4 pip spell?

The best thing would be to leave the power pips as they are and just add more of them to our position. If I am not mistaken, we currently are able to get 7 or 8 power pips total. Until we are using even higher rank spells, it would be more practical just to increase the number of pips.


Not exactly. KI never have made us wait 4 turns to do a spell, unless we had bad luck. The most they have made us wait, is about 3, saying thats about the time your power pip chance gets fair, so around magus (rank 5 spells and in life's case, rank 6)

In other words, the mobs are getting stronger, they start out with 8 pips, and we will be waiting for them to get a couple hits off on us (especially saying its 2v1 or possible 3v1) before we can hit them (this is in the future, where a gargantuan blizzard frog meteor etc. isnt enough to kill), and possibly even die.


Ok. Now, go back and look at the starting post in this forum and the Title: "Pip... Power Pip... Ultra Pip!" The Ultra Pip would stand for 3 pips,

My question was in respect to the Ultra Pip. I don't want to use 2 Ultras on a 4 Pip spell and lose 2 pips in the process. Those 2 pips equal a heal.

Yes, the mobs are getting stronger and the Bosses more so. Many of them start with 8 or more pips (4 power pips+). We only start with half that in most cases.

Oh, and by the way, if you like to run solo, there is an occasional 3v1 duels so, being able to gain those pips as fast as possible could mean the difference of whether you survive the duel or not. You are going to want to hit them as fast and hard as possible to get rid of the bosses minions. If you use your minion to help you, make sure you can call up another one or two. The Boss mobs tend to take them out fairly fast.

But the whole point is, our spell rank is getting higher so our pip count should also increase.

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
3
Yah we need this! Because i think the pips are 8 for the new spells and all you get is 4 if you get power pip.. so you might need to wait 8 rounds or 3 ETC

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
7
That sounds awesome! That would be great for level 60s in Zafaria when it comes out!

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
404
I once posted about this.... It was ignored....
But this idea has more detail.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
31
sparky1233334444 wrote:
I once posted about this.... It was ignored....
But this idea has more detail.


At the time you posted on this idea, it may not have been something to really consider since we generally had enough pips for any spell we needed or wanted to cast.

Now we are moving into even higher rank spells and an increase in pips would need to be implemented as well.

Increase the number of current power pips to a total of 10 power pips on our position for now. I have to agree with goldendragon18 that I would not want to use 2 Ultra Pips to cast a 4 pip spell. Then as we advance to the next level cap, maybe look at the possibility of Ultra Pips. The idea does have merit though.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2010
32
if we're doing that, if they raise the lvls up to 80 i think there should be a special pip. It could be really big and blue and worth 4 pips! What do you think, or

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
196
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
157
nice idea i always hate how we get a power pip then wait a whole nother round for a pip... or just not get a power pip at all!!!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
When the rank 10 spells come out, I want to see the Super Pip also come out. This is how it would work: It's still white pip vs. Power Pip, and if Power Pip wins (If you were to get a Power Pip) it would be Power Pip vs Super Pip in a 49% chance always. Unless you get a gear boost for it (Only Balance, Life, Death) and the color would be orange/blue. And also, for an Insane Pip when the spells get to rank 16+.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2008
72
As someone could probably guess, my idea for a mega pip is a pip that counts for three pips. To obtain a mega pip, one must have a "secondary" pip chance. to see how this works, imagine two coins. and suppose that primary pip chance and secondary pip chance are 50% So normally, when a coin is "heads", it would produce a power pip.
If both coins are "heads", then a mega pip is obtained.
If only one is "heads", then it is a power pip.
If neither coins are "heads" then it's a normal pip.
So a player with a 50% normal pip chance and 50% secondary pip chance has a 50% power pip chance, 25% mega pip chance, and a 25% normal pip chance. Since it requires two stats to calculate, both one's secondary pip chance, and mega pip chance are shown on a character screen.
The main reason I really want this to become a reality is because the rank 9 spells are pretty much taking too much time to really be practical in my opinion. It also paves the way for even stronger spells. (But considering most of my previous posts, this one will be rejected :( )


Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
Hmm, that seems a bit too technical, I think.

Good idea people can play with in their head for a little while.