Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Arc 1 Free To Play

2
AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
angellifeheart on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Its called Logic. I am pretty sure if they raised the price of membership and zones people would quit. If you got a problem with people wanting compensation for what ever reason, then maybe you should take it out on them than trying to run towards other post ranting about things discussed on previous post like every straw man argument you try to accomplish. You prob been here since the game started an i get it now with 1000+ charms you feel special and tend to have that need to respond to anything post you feel as helpful but now i see its only for your own personal interest. And btw you misinformed someone of the question ask on a post about question mark blade card that has nothing to do with sun spells. Be sure to do your research before giving out any incorrect information.
Don't you think you are jumping to conclusions about other's intentenal thoughts. " . Victoria FireHeart had a friendy conversation about what's being said by other's and there is. She said "some people". I don't believe she was fingerpoints just at you. Otherwise she would have quoted you instead. Guessing on one's intentions is not always the truth. Lashing out and attacking because you may not like what someone said does not help.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
800
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
I think you missed the point I was making - if a free sample is sufficient to reach 'satisfaction' there is no reason, desire or need to make a purchase. The ice cream shop would be broke very quickly if they gave out entire ice creams instead of a tiny taste that leaves you wanting more. Even those who would have bought more don't need to.
Um no that's completely false? there is a difference between sample and the actual scoop. A good example would be like this, using the "ice cream" context(I could use me some right now tho) lets say 3 person went up to the ice cream vendor with the intention of actually buying ice cream. Each are giving the option of trying samples because they aren't quite sure which is their fav etc. So they tried and liked it would that stop them from buying ice cream? no in fact its quite the opposite it'll encourage them to actually buy it. If you make 1 world arc free that would actually encourage player to buy membership esp new players why? because they at least get a full chapter reading on the game should be played gardening activities pets etc ya know? So its not bad why wont this matter to membership players who prob have max characters? because they wont care so much. Buying an area in wiz was an option no one was forced to do it in fact i always felt it was cheaper getting a membership than investing in areas. Even tho one guarantees forever in reality your only holding half of the benefit. An option like that shouldn't have not even made available at all at its almost seem underwhelming since more benefits are giving towards members.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1112
Victoria FireHeart on Apr 27, 2019 wrote:
[response made while edits were in moderation]

I totally agree and I'm quite mind-boggled by the immediate rush to 'compensate me' that keeps coming up (on this forum, other forums, twitter - within hours of connection issues, and also in general too). I'm also not sure why some people feel they somehow lost something whenever someone else got something.

What if KI increased the price of membership and zones, would they be so fast to reach for their wallet to pay the backlogged difference too?
Nope, If membership and zone prices increase, sum of people would think it's a loss if they don't see why it would increasing causing players to leave the game or not renew thier membership as much.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
800
Patrick Ravenbane on Apr 30, 2019 wrote:
Don't you think you are jumping to conclusions about other's intentenal thoughts. " . Victoria FireHeart had a friendy conversation about what's being said by other's and there is. She said "some people". I don't believe she was fingerpoints just at you. Otherwise she would have quoted you instead. Guessing on one's intentions is not always the truth. Lashing out and attacking because you may not like what someone said does not help.
I'm well aware of her claims but information has to be backed up by facts. And am not surprised someone would have come to her aid. I believe she can defend her arguments and i know she's smart. It's not a coincident she made a post during the same time period she responded to my comment :). If you don't know what your talking about don't talk about it.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
angellifeheart on Apr 29, 2019 wrote:
Its called Logic. I am pretty sure if they raised the price of membership and zones people would quit. If you got a problem with people wanting compensation for what ever reason, then maybe you should take it out on them than trying to run towards other post ranting about things discussed on previous post like every straw man argument you try to accomplish. You prob been here since the game started an i get it now with 1000+ charms you feel special and tend to have that need to respond to anything post you feel as helpful but now i see its only for your own personal interest. And btw you misinformed someone of the question ask on a post about question mark blade card that has nothing to do with sun spells. Be sure to do your research before giving out any incorrect information.
And then you've gone on to say: "I'm well aware of her claims but information has to be backed up by facts. And am not surprised someone would have come to her aid. I believe she can defend her arguments and i know she's smart. It's not a coincident she made a post during the same time period she responded to my comment :). If you don't know what your talking about don't talk about it."

Just to put things in perspective for anyone reading this, here is the post I responded to about the question mark blade card. As you can see I was unsure if I was correct and asked whether it was in PvP, giving info that could have been useful if it were 'cloak'. When others kindly added to the information and I learned of the 'Blade Dance' card I thanked everyone who had given the right info and also the OP for asking in the first place, because I was happy to have learned something new. I think it is a nice thread and great example of wizards sharing information and discussing things to find the answer the OP was looking for...great job everyone!

As for opinions, well yes I do have opinions and ideas and thoughts on things. It would be worrying if someone didn't! I do enjoy discussing things with others and I am always open to my opinion being changed. This is demonstrated quite nicely in this thread where the OP and I had different opinions to begin with and he gave his opinions and showed some links that changed my opinion completely Again, I was part of respectful discussion and friendly chat

There was one person who was less open to discussion, but I ignored your posts, and chose to only converse with people open to discussion. One time I did react to your negativity was this post which was made by someone wanting a positive and helpful discussion about encouraging more players to join in with PvP. It was in the Dorms section of the forum and just like you have tried to tell me here that I have no right to speak, you told the non-pvpers (whose opinion the OP was asking for) that 'if you don't pvp don't talk about it'...which is not only exceptionally rude but also completely counter-productive to the OP's thread and the purpose of a forum.

As to some of your other points - no, I haven't been here since the game started, yes I do feel special but not because of charms...I feel special because I am special...and so are the other wizards on this forum, charms or not! And yes, of course I post for my own personal interest...I enjoy being helpful, I enjoy discussing things, I like the other wizards on here and I find it fulfilling and enjoyable chatting and discussing, helping and being helped, meeting up and sharing the gaming experience of W101 with lovely people If I didn't enjoy being part of the forum it would be a weird choice to spend my free time here!

Maybe instead of being so angry with the world you might like to swim on over and join the party? There is plenty of space at the 'friendly table' for you and anyone else who'd like to join us

Administrator
Closing this thread, it got a bit out of hand beyond our moderation efforts.

Please keep on topic. If there are any personal concerns, you can address them elsewhere.

Thanks for keeping this space comfortable for all Wizards!

2