Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 7-7-17

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello, everyone! Once again the calendar lets me know it's Friday, so I believe it's time for a new topic!

Our Summer Update is what we call a quality of life update – where we tackle some community requests, update our existing systems, and generally try to concentrate on making the Spiral a nicer place to be. My question is in two parts today:
#1 – What are you most excited about with this new update?
#2 – For our next future quality of life update, what one thing would you like us to add or change?

We're looking forward to your responses, everyone. Have a fantastic weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Feb 28, 2017
#1: The new PvP age looks exciting, and it certainly looks like you guys are making an effort to balance out the PvP, which, as we all know, is horribly unbalanced and unfair, as many a PvPer in the game will be oh so happy to bend your ear about if you let them.

#2: Changes to the PvP podiums, primarily Practice and Ranked, would be much appreciated. Also, maybe change it up slightly so non-members who don't have 80 crowns on their account can get in and watch ranked PvP matches without losing their 80 crowns?

Survivor
Apr 24, 2013
How about being able to change your wizard's skincolor? I made my Wiz some years ago and the colors on that screen were a bit messed up, and therefore my wiz's skin is not the color i would like it to be. Maybe you could add a "tanning-salon" (or lightening-salon for that matter) in the Shopping District or maybe a coupon as a Crown-shop item?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Professor Falmea on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Hello, everyone! Once again the calendar lets me know it's Friday, so I believe it's time for a new topic!

Our Summer Update is what we call a quality of life update – where we tackle some community requests, update our existing systems, and generally try to concentrate on making the Spiral a nicer place to be. My question is in two parts today:
#2 – For our next future quality of life update, what one thing would you like us to add or change?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!Save
1) I love the turn based tournament, but I unfortunately won't be participating in them as I own every zone in game and have no reason to get a membership.

2) One thing I would change about quality of life updates is the lack of content in them. I'm not trying to be rude, but chat emojis and Monstrology additions won't bring players back. Only new content, such as dungeons, worlds, and bosses, bring players back. You guys used to do three major updates each year with lots of fun new content to do, and the quality of life changes were minor updates that were released in the time between major updates. That is no longer the case, and minor changes are now passed off as major updates. Anyone who does not believe me should go look at the Update Notes for past years and compare the amount of content we used to be getting versus now.

I also think that releasing JUST quality of life changes as the main Summer Update, especially when a lot of the players are free for the Summer, is a bad business decision which won't invite players to come back. I find it unfortunate that we won't have anything new to do until Empyrea hits in November.

Now to stuff I would add for the next quality of life update. The countdown timer in rounds disappears when you select a card, but you can hear it in the background still. I would add the timer back so it is visible again. I would also remove the wooden posts from the Grassy Mound housing item.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2015
I don't really dabble much in PvP, so all the new chat-menu options and channels are going to make doing dungeons and bosses with others way easier!
I think I already suggested this, but It'd really be useful to have a trading system. It can suck to get really good drops that you can't use, but your friend can. Though, there would be issues with gullible younger children being scammed.

Hero
May 02, 2009
1) I'm excited about the Monstrology part of the update the most.
2) I would like to see the Earn Crowns option in-game be fixed to where the videos actually show (i.e. no more black screens please) and where you actually get the 10 crowns for allowing the video to play for the required allotted time, as sometimes even if the video plays fully through you still don't get the 10 crowns like you should.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011

Oh! That's what the latest update is about. Well, I look forward to this quality of life update!

Now, to the answer...

1.) Definitely the Tutorial Tip Log & the next PvP Age! I've asked a way to replay all the Tutorial Tips we've been getting so far since P101 came out, & soon, it's gonna be a reality! Also, the new PvP rewards will be neat.

2.) Well... not just one thing.

1st, I'd like to hear In'Zhizor in Krokotopia's Lower Zigazag have dialogue added for before we duel him and after we defeat him, like all the other Skeleton Key bosses do, because, well, he's one, so he should have dialogue like they do.

2nd, I would really like it if you would add in new boss themes to every boss in the Spiral's worlds & zones, even later ones, too, both shared to most bosses, & unique themes to certain bosses, E.G., Morganthe, Malistaire (different boss themes in Dragonspyre, Azteca, & Castle Darkmoor), just like how The Rat does.

3rd, update the bosses' loot drops in the Spiral's worlds to include Skeleton Keys. We should know that with one new Skeleton Key boss in one of the Spiral's worlds been added, all bosses should have their loot tabled updated to have Skeleton Keys. May be a good time to think on it.

4th, in Dec 2009, some of Wizard City's mobs & bosses have been given updated looks to distinguish them from most that shared the same looks. Gave them unique individuality & appearance variety. There's plenty of arc 1's mobs & bosses after Wizard City that deserves that, so I would really like of you to give the many mobs & bosses that are using reskins of said mobs & bosses in Krokotopia, Marleybone, MooShu & Dragonspyre(and maybe Grizzleheim, too) to not only give them uniqueness but to match the worlds' themes. That's what I really want to see. Reskins are boring.

5th, add in a new side instance location to the Fairy Queen in WC's Unicorn Way & give the Fairy Queen a new look to distinguish her from the Dark Fairy mobs.

I'd go on, but, character limits. Thanks!

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
1) I like all of the chat updates. The emojis, new menu chat, and channels.

2) A "salon" where you can change your wizard's appearance. (Maybe even with new face options, or being able to change eye color with the current ones.)

And, more color options at the dye shop. That's my number one.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
More Monstrology! All the animus!

Make Monstrology it's own school, instead of sorting under Myth spells. It's inconvenient for Myth wizards to have to find the right page every time they want to switch out their extract type.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
It would be great if options were added to further personalize your character, as well as the ability to do it after your wizard is initially created.

Some suggestions: Allow the parts of the face to be changed separately, instead of just changing the whole face.
Add more hairstyles. Then, maybe for a crown cost, allow all of the personalization features to be chosen again in the future? It seems like it would be a relatively easy thing to add, and I guarantee it would make money...

I don't know how much this has to do with quality of life (it feels like it does), but you guys are severely lacking in cool looking gear for your wizard. I feel that you guys focus too much on making the gear true to each world, on top of not adding nearly enough generic gear for wizards to enjoy. I mean, who wants to walk around wearing wooden masks with paint and feathers? Maybe I am just picky, but I always just end up stitching that type of gear to the very very few actually cool clothing items that currently exist.

Suggestions: add a bit more generic gear that is fantasy-like, but not so out there that no one wants to wear it! And more importantly, add more school marks gear! Not for crowns, but rare gear that is dropped, much like in arch 1. One of the greatest things arch 1 has to offer is all the cool gear and wands you can get from fighting various hidden or story bosses. It's like a statement of your accomplishments (as well as looking really cool), to wear a complete matching outfit with your school marks that you farmed for for hours.

To summarize: I feel like I cannot express myself through my wizard, and I believe that is a glaring flaw in this game. I think lots of people play MMOs in the first place because it allows them to place a part of them or reflection of them in a fantasy world. An easy fix would be to add more clothing options.

I will forever desire a school marked swashbuckler hat. Oooohhh man, the class.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I almost forgot!

Add in a new badge for completing the housing instance quest, "The Clock's Cuckoo!", from the Cuckoo Clock Gauntlet, because, I've completed it solo, and I was disappointed to see no badge in it upon completion.

When defeating Skeleton Key bosses for the 1st time, their portraits should appear on the zone's maps that have them, so it'll be easier for Wizards to recall their locations & do rematches to get more unique loot.

Give Akuji in MooShu's Tree of Life, and Yakedo in Crimson Fields badges for defeating them. They are secret bosses, so they should award badges upon defeating them.

Add in a new tab to the Crowns Shop called "Dungeons", to make it easier to find and buy housing dungeons, even One-Shot Dungeons.

Since certain member benefits were updated, I'd really like it to have the backpack & friends list to non-members upped to 120. Members get bigger backpacks & friends lists, so I think non-members should time to time.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2012
1: I'm very excited for the new emojis in chat. I feel like it'll diversify the chat and make it more alive.

2: I would change the meteors in azteca, probably make them stop or have the options to stop them after a while. I finished storyline but not side quests and it's very annoying to have the same music and same sounds after a while.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I don't know what's in the updates. Did you fix one of mine and I suspect others quibbles in that you need to add a potions vendor to every world's commons area? Because frankly we're sick and tired of having to port to a world's commons after a battle go through the gate, back to wiz city commons to get more potions? This is something that should have been realized about marleybone. certainly should have hit someone between the eyes as a good idea by avalon. if this ain't in the updates...then, nope. you didn't address one of my gripes. Also there's a bug lately, a glitch where upon I can see my own staff in the fight circles...but I can't see anyone elses among my fellow players. it's like their wand hand is curled around empty air. I've noticed that one in the last month. My main questing partner has noticed this as well. While not critical...it's weird.. PvP I don't do so I could care less about. Oh and a Mirage gripe. I realize the reasoning behind side quests with no exp points is to keep folks from progressing too fast and getting bored. but if you're gonna give the huge amounts of exp that the mainline quests push out...then why bother with sides at all? As far as gold...Most of us high and long time players have ways to make all the gold we need including fishing and gardening then selling the resulting treasure cards, and fish...and stuff we don't or can't use that were mob or boss battle drops. Something to think about as you bring out the new worlds. I haven't quite finished mirage yet, but I expect to be max lvl 120 by the time I finish the battle with Grandfather Spider.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
starryowlceleste on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
I don't really dabble much in PvP, so all the new chat-menu options and channels are going to make doing dungeons and bosses with others way easier!
I think I already suggested this, but It'd really be useful to have a trading system. It can suck to get really good drops that you can't use, but your friend can. Though, there would be issues with gullible younger children being scammed.
yep...that's another one of my huge gripes

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
A SUPER SUPER KUDOS to the changes coming in the chat system! Having the ability to set chat to friends only and not have to see or participate in chat that you don't want, hopefully, you've seen ahead of that it will help eliminate spam muting, which is a heart-wrenching revenge or "just-because-it's-funny" problem that many are facing without just cause and there isn't quick enough response in the system to detect that someone is doing just that. When you actually get around to finding out it was unjustified to mute someone for even 24 hours, there should be some kind of restitution on KI's part, just a thought.

The other thought, that many of us would like to see and I always keep asking (sorry)...is a simple setting for us homeowners that are swimming in one-shot dungeons duels, to allow them to be used without the owner requirement for like a house or event party. I would be ok if the rules were and/either the house could NOT be on tours or we had to at least be home when they are used.

A really nice feature that would be appreciated by many would be the ability to use "Shared Bank" to send forward TC's within our own wizards.

thank you very much for listening! CyberWolfClan

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
It would be great to have like a reagent trading system or even gear trading system so that if you're crafting something you dont have to spend hours in the bazaar waiting for something to pop up and then have someone else buy all of that particular item instantly. Gear trading would be great so if you get a school specific item dropped for your mate and they really need it, it would be great to be able to give it to them, and mayhaps even later on there could be pet trading, with babies only of course so that if your friend or a person wants your pet but they got theirs you could then give it yo them or vise versa

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

#1 – I'm most excited about more monstrology options!!

#2 – For our next future quality of life update, I would add just a little bit more castle space, and I would love to see another wizard activity added like, researching history or magic in the library, or messing with alchemy/potion making - something to make your wizard feel more like a wizard.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
1. I love the fix to pvp!!! You might have heard it a lot, but this will totally change the concept of going first and will influence new strategies.

2. Please please please add another character slot!! I have 5 wizards, (Death, Balance, Storm, Fire, and Myth) and I cannot decide between ice or life as my final character. I have lots of gear and pets for both, and i can't stand wasting those stats

Please consider my input!!!

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Kyle U on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
#1: The new PvP age looks exciting, and it certainly looks like you guys are making an effort to balance out the PvP, which, as we all know, is horribly unbalanced and unfair, as many a PvPer in the game will be oh so happy to bend your ear about if you let them.

#2: Changes to the PvP podiums, primarily Practice and Ranked, would be much appreciated. Also, maybe change it up slightly so non-members who don't have 80 crowns on their account can get in and watch ranked PvP matches without losing their 80 crowns?
Hello, I think you are a bit confused on how the ranked PvP podium works. The popup that shows when nonmembers interact with the podium says "You will only be charged when you enter the arena". Basically, you will ONLY be charged the 80 crowns when your match starts.

If you want to watch a ranked match, simply click the Play Match option that shows, then go and view the ranked match of your choosing. You won't be charged the 80 crowns because you never started your own match.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2011
#1 Things that were welcome changes.

• Finally addressing the issue of a number of NPC following us around the spiral.
  • Additions to menu chat. As an older player, I find these changes helpful
  • Changes to the quest menu are nice.

#2 Things that would be nice in the future.

• Changes to crafting
  • Allowing Champion crafters to remove jewels instead of shattering them with a reasonable limit per day like 3. or create an elixir in the crown shop to allow this for a short period of time. Right now the Morganthe jewels dropped by Baba Yaga and the Brandon jewel drops allow this. This ability would allow the no shatter to work on other jewels.
  • Recipes for crafting things like Critical Jewels by adding a reagent requirement such as 10 amber
  • Crafting pet healing abilities such as fairy friend, unicorn etc. Should add a reagent and maybe fish to craft these jewels and only allow at higher crafting levels.
  • Give recipes for TC for all the spells dropped by Loremaster. Currently, you can get recipes for Athena Battle Sight, Hephaestus, and Queen Calypso but can not craft them due to the requirements for the corresponding TC. Loremaster has a similar requirement but you can get the TC recipe for Loremaster. I crafted that spell and it took a while but was worth it.
  • Set up a system to craft gear with a selection of what you want it to do and those things determine what you need to craft it with. Kind of a make your own recipe. Again only available to those who have done the Arcanum crafting quest. Finally, Fix the drop rates in the Professor Hoard pack so you do not get multiples of the same item and increase the drop rates for the wands in that particular pack. It is kind of annoying to get two of the same school robes, boots, hats and never get a wand. The statistical probability of getting 2 of the same item in one drop is not 1 out of 100 like I was told when I asked about this before. Run the numbers in R or SAS and you will see what I mean.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
average moe on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
More Monstrology! All the animus!

Make Monstrology it's own school, instead of sorting under Myth spells. It's inconvenient for Myth wizards to have to find the right page every time they want to switch out their extract type.
It should be its own school; 100% agreed

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I havent had the time to look into test realm this time, however, I would make these suggestions:

1) You have been releasing a ton of new fish which is AWESOME, but the XP issue still remains. Trying to figure out a way to increase the XP rate after the initial catch

2) Make crafting relevant again. With all of these elite dungeons (Helephant, Waterworks, Darkmoor, Aquila, Zigzag, etc), crafting got ignored. The dropped gear from those harder dungeons carry you to the next level of hard dungeons. The L60 HT ring/knife carries you until the L90 aquila ring/knife

3) Design a new gear system, similar to the old Diablo 1 style. In W101, the stats are all over the place. For combat, there should be specific pieces that have offense (damage, crit, power pip), defense (resist and crit block), specific pieces that factor into other (health, mana, stun block). I don't know how to break it down specifically, but I know that this would help us improve our gear by minimizing what pieces to look for. Looking at the WW gear, we see that the sets offer health, power pip, resist, critical hit, damage, health boost and these are all armor pieces. Take the Stave of Duststorms, it offers crit block, why? It's an offensive item and thus should focus on offensive stats not defensive. I'm NOT saying that you need to scrap the whole system and start over again, but if you start at a certain world that comes out later, and work forward, it could work a whole lot better than what we have now.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2013
1. I like the new update to pvp

2. You should stop having these small updates or at least not make such a big deal with them and start doing more huge updates like updates that would bring players back to the game by adding new dungeons and new worlds stuff like that to make the game more interesting to come back to and you should add something else to do when a player reaches max that's not monsterogy or pvp in my opinion monsterology is a waste and pointless to have in the game unless you make it to where you can make bossses farmable in the monster dome and they have there normal drops to make it easier to farm them.

Delver
Jan 20, 2013
#1. I really love the new friend chat channel, emoticons, and tutorial tip log. The new menu chat phrases will also be super helpful when I attempt to take menu chatters through the more difficult areas.

#2. As far as future quality of life updates go, I would LOVE to see an icon added to differentiate item cards and pet cards. They've always been identical, and this causes a problem when you're trying to buff within a team. Was that a pet sharp or an item sharp? Without knowing, it's possible that some blades/traps may be duplicated.

Something as simple as putting a tiny piggle icon on pet cards (similar to how different TCs have pack source icons) would alleviate this problem.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
#1. I don't really do PvP (Mainly because I am terrible at it! ), but I am looking forward to the new chat emoticons and Menu Chat updates!
#2. Here are some of my ideas!
  • I think that the gold in the Crown Shop is bit too expensive, especially when you look at the maximum amount of gold wizards can carry. Maybe you could decrease the amount of Crowns required to buy it but keep the amount of gold you get the same... Or you could increase the amount of gold you get and keep the amount of Crowns required the same.
  • There are already stitchable hairstyles in the Crown Shop... But I think it would be cool if you could buy a wizard makeover that you could use to permanently change your hairstyle, face, and skin tone! Maybe there could be an all in one makeover that can change all of those features, or less expensive makeovers that change just one of those three things!
  • I think it would be nice if you could pay Crowns to see what pet talents/abilities your pet is going to get when they grow up. It would make pet training a lot less tedious!
To all of the people working at KingsIsle, thank you for making Wizard101 awesome!! I am super excited for this update, and I'm looking forward to see what you guys do next in the future!