This update includes the addition of Empyrea Part One, Level 125 increase, new Shadow Magic Spells, Revered Crafting, more Castle Magic spells, Bank Size Increase, New Daily Assignment Quest, Treasure Card Sorting, Realm Locking, and more!
It’s Time to Boldly Explore Empyrea Part One!
While the Wizard managed to rescue Bartleby’s Eye of History from Grandfather Spider and the Cabal in Mirage, the endeavor came at a heavy cost: Mellori was taken by Grandfather Spider. Spider believes she is the key to unlocking his Chaos Heart from its ancient bonds in the storm-shrouded world of Empyrea.
The center of the Spiral, Empyrea, was painstakingly created by Raven to keep the Chaos Heart safe and Spider out. In fact, it was designed to keep pretty much everyone out.
The Chaos Heart sits at the center of Empyrea, secured by three great Paradox Chains, and serves as the anchor point to a world comprised of disparate lands inhabited by diverse beings. Raven enveloped Empyrea in a violent storm the likes of which even she cannot pass or see through. You see, Raven has known from the beginning that Spider reclaiming his Chaos Heart would spell an end to the Spiral she lovingly created.
However, the brilliant minds of the Arcanum have a plan. Well, more specifically, they have a Wizard. Once the proper travel accommodations are secured, the Wizard sets out with a simple list of objectives:
- Reach Empyrea
- Save Mellori
- Save the Spiral
As the old adage says, there’s no rest for the weary Wizard – especially when the fate of the Spiral is at stake.
Players who have completed the quest “Lost and Found” at the end of Mirage, and have reached level 120, can go speak to Fitzhume in the Arcanum to get the quest “Baba Boohooie.”
For Crowns players, Empyrea Part 1 contains 3 separate Premium Zones, priced at 1995c each.
Time to Rise to Level 125
New benefits await those who adventure through Part One of Empyrea! Characters can now increase their total levels to 125.
- A Training Point will be awarded at level 125.
- Be sure to catch Zeke’s new hunt for Hootie’s Blowfish, and Eloise has a fun quest for you as well! She also has brand new stitching gear, so make sure you say hello when you finally #FindEmpyrea.
- Wizards who are level 121+ will now have a maximum gold allowance of 500,000.
- Empyrea brings with it opportunities to earn new styles of gear and high level equipment.
- Within Empyrea, players who are seeking a greater challenge and excellent rewards will find both within a new side quest encounter called the Beastman Fight Club Gauntlet. Good luck! The struggle herein promises to be our hardest content to date.
- Watch out for the several new Wandering Bosses that are wandering your pathways! They have new pets and an attitude – sounds like fun!
- New badges like “Beast Basher,” “Dwarf Dasher,” “Lord of the Dance,” and more will be encountered and earned throughout Empyrea. Enjoy!
- NO SPOILERS! You’ll have to wait until later in the Test Realm to get the rest of the story—the final fight is closed off for now.
*Please remember, when you were at the previous level maximum of 120, no experience was rewarded for duels and quests completed once you reached level 120. When a player reaches the maximum level, their experience bar disappears, indicating they are not gaining experience from their duels or quests. No experience is rewarded to those who are at the maximum level, which means that everyone who was level 120 before we raised the level cap will be level 120 to start. Now that we have raised the level cap, you can once again start earning new experience points from your adventures.
The Shadow Grows
Empyrea Part One expands on the latest reality-bending school of magic in the Spiral, Shadow Magic.
Velma Von Venkman’s Chambers are now open! She will offer Wizards a new quest, which occurs as a part of the main quest line while you start your journey to #FindEmpyrea. After completing this quest, she will award you with the Shadow Trickster spell and offer another new Shadow Magic spell for you to train: Donate Shadow Pip!
She will also offer to train the following spells if you do not have them in your spell book already:
- Shadow Shrike
- Shadow Sentinel
- Shadow Seraph
- Dark Fiend
- Dark Nova
- Dark Shepherd
Ready to be “Revered” in Crafting?
There’s an all new rank in Crafting beyond Legendary that will have you scouring the ends of the game to be a Revered Crafter. Librarian Fitzhume will direct you to Ignus to start your new quest. The Revered Crafting quests have new kinds of reagents you’ll need to find:
- Squid Ink (A reagent found from combat in Empyrea)
- Shiny Scales (A reagent only found in fishing chests)
- Participation Trophy (A reagent that is purchased with arena tickets in the pet pavilion)
- Aether ore and dust (A reagent found as a ground spawn item in the Spiral)
- Shocked Key (A reagent only found within silver chests)
If you’re looking to craft new housing items and higher level gear, see Loligo in the Aerial Shores. (Note that you will need your legendary crafting rank to purchase recipes from him.)
We realize there is an amazing amount of crafting recipes in Wizard101. To help alleviate finding the recipe you’re looking for, we’ve now made it so you can “equip” a crafting recipe. Equipped recipes are now sorted to the top of your list in your spell book or crafting station for ease of use. You’ll also find the crafting icon appears on all recipes that you can make with the ingredients that you have on hand!
New Member Benefits and Crown Shop Surprises
We’re always looking to find new ways to incentivize and reward those who subscribe to Wizard101. To those ends, we’ve created a few new member benefits. While you won’t be able to experience these just yet, it is important to note we have them safely stored in our arsenal of awesomeness, and they’re all ready and set to “stun.”
As per usual, you’ll find a lot of great Crown Shop items to help you in your journeys when the Test Realm rolls over to the Live Realm. We can’t wait to show you what’s in store, but you’ll need to wait until we’re ready to show you them in the live game.
We’ve also updated all the Pre-paid Bundle Card houses to have preview walkthroughs for when they are featured in the Crown Shop.
Castle Magic and More
Babbage Basset has 36 new castle magic spells based on the spells you already know and love from combat. We’ve also made a couple of improvements to the Castle Magic system:
- Targeting has been adjusted and improved for Castle Magic items.
- Mounts assigned to Bread Crumb Housing Objects will now perform their fidget animation when “bored” is set on the Bread Crumb.
- Fixed a bug where the No Mounts castle magic spell was defeated by teleporting from an area where mounts weren’t allowed.
Did Someone Say MORE SPACE PLZ?!
We heard your requests for MORE SPACE after adding our new Castle Magic effects. Houses now have an additional 100 Castle Magic slots available to them. (NOTE: These bonus slots are only available for castle magic and bread crumb items.) When you click on the Castle Magic Housing Item, your Housing’s Item Count changes to “Bonus Castle Magic” until you place the item.
In addition, there is now a “Expand Backpack Elixir” available for purchase in the Crown Shop. Players can now buy up to two of these elixirs to increase their backpack size by fifty slots with each purchase. While we were at it, everyone’s bank space has been increased from 100 to 150!
Daily Assignment Changes
With Empyrea comes a new classification of Daily Quests: Heavyweight. Do you have what it takes to be a new Daily Quest contender? To those ends, Aegon Statz also has a new quest to offer players on the twelfth day of Daily Assignments! Make sure to do your daily quests to continue those important pekron investigations.
Sort Your Deck with Style
We’ve made a few changes to help with both your spell deck organization and setup that we hope you enjoy:
- Now when you acquire a new spell deck, you’ll be asked if you’d like to copy your existing deck setup into the new deck to help save you some time.
- Treasure cards are now found on the left tab of the spell book, and you can now sort treasure cards by school.
- You can now use Quick Sell for Treasure cards!
- Monstrology spells have been moved out of the Myth section of the spell book into their own section. Hurray for better organization!
Monstrologist Burke now requires completing her first lesson before she will send you out into the world with other Monstrology spells. The following creatures have been added to the lists of those that can be collected from Monstrology:
- Dragonspyre - Nodnarb
- Khrysalis - Cree Curdwright
- Khrysalis - Deer Mouse Revenant (Balance)
- Khrysalis - Deer Mouse Revenant (Ice)
- Khrysalis - Wraith Knight
- Khrysalis - Laughing Calaca
- Khrysalis - Arkyn Moonblade
- Khrysalis - King Alric Fatesailor
- Mirage - Scrollkeeper
- Mirage - Shrowdenger's Qhat
Important Game Play Changes
There are a few fun changes that you’ll need to know about up front with this update:
- The Loremaster has a few new spells for you to obtain, namely, the spells from the Wysteria Lore Pack. If farming isn’t your thing, you can also find recipes of these spells for sale from Grady.
- The “Lugs” encounter from the Great Clock Gauntlet is now a bit more difficult. He was using one of his cheats incorrectly. Watch out! Things have changed!
- Slightly changed the names of Jewel seeds so they are sorted alphabetically and grouped in your seed vault. If you think they’ve gone missing, look again.
- There is a new option to lock your realm. This is important to note because we’ve made a change so you are more likely to be shifted to a more populated realm. If you’d like to not be shifted, lock your realm within the options menu.
Bug Fixes, Quality of Life, and More
Here’s a list of a few other changes that we hope you enjoy:
- Painted Greyhorns no longer appear for Daily Assignment quests.
- The original sound for selecting an enemy target has returned!
- Selecting a world at a spiral door will now show that world’s map.
- Changed the menu chat phrase “would you like to group” to the more grammatically correct, “Would you like to join my group”.
- Check the Caravan for a new jewel and Jewel Crafting vendor in Mirage!
- More jewels can now be found throughout Mirage.
- Team Up has been removed from the Ruined Tower encounter, and we’ve fixed Team Up issues with many other encounters in Dragonspyre.
- Fixed a timing issue with the Krokomummy’s natural attack ability.
- Minor Grammatical changes.
Test Realm Schedule
The Test Realm Schedule is as follows:
Test Realm ON: 10/18
Test Realm OFF: 10/20
Test Realm ON: 10/23
Test Realm OFF: 10/27
Test Realm ON: 10/30
Test Realm OFF: 11/3
Test Realm ON: 11/6
Test Realm OFF: TBD