Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school do you think is the best, and why?

Young wizard, the topic 'Which school do you think is the best, and why?' you were attempting to post on has been archived.

If you happen to be watching said topic, the topic link has also been removed from your Watch Topic list as well.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
I think is the best because lots of damage amazing spells, can get leviathan up to 3,000 damage easily,

bad parts:Low health,but can manage it,Not much protection! Second i think and are the best

because they both,do low amounts of damage but lots of . Third is and because they both can have lots of ,but they do lots of damage.

Astrals: I think is the best in my opinion because it can increase damage, criticals, and much more

Second Astral: I think is the second best because it increases damage,and i'm serious i've got triton up to
1,000 at normal casting. Shadow school: Has got to be one of my favorites! Cool symbol sounds awesomeGood luck! Connor StormCaster Level 70 school.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
scarlet night on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I personally think life and death are the best because with life you can help others by healing them, and death is awesome because you can attack and heal at the same time.
Well, there is actually no best school. Each school is better at certain things, like fire has dots, death steals health, life heals, ice has high health and resist, storm has high damage, myth can summon the most minions, and balance, well, I don't know. Well maybe it is balanced and has all the specialties Well my favorite to play is It is my main school, but i also like .

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
i think ,, because of the good critical and damage ,and because of all the high resistance
you can get piercing spells and pvp is impossible with out it.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2012
There is no *Best school*. Wizard101 made all the schools in their own unique way. If you like to heal your teammates and play with your friends and level up. You would be a life wizard. If you like to be a tank and want to be a tank type of class you would be a ice. If you like to play alone and be a lone wolf, you would be a myth. If you like to take down things quick and easy and like a challenge, You would be a storm. If you like to also take down things fast but want to have a little more strategy, you would be a fire. If you like to raise the dead and stay alive while defeating every thing in your path, you would be a death. And finally, if you like to master all the schools and use them to your advantage while helping your friends out, you would be a balance. Schools in wizard101 aren't just schools and shouldn't be treated like *Oh i'm gonna be a fire cause he says its the best school*. Its determined what type of player you are and your play style. By Austin Wraith level 42 , Austin ShadowGlade level 82 , Austin Rose level 95 Austin Frost level 59 Austin Moon level 69 Austin level 95 . Account 2: Austin Legend level 35 Austin TrollPants level 95

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I would say Because I have a lvl 57 , and working in wintertusk right now.All I got to do is put 2 traps on the minions/boss then put a blade then put a sharpened blade on a death blade (From the pet from the Gladiator) then use a blade that I get from my hat that I crafted then put a monsterous on my scarecrow then do 2000 damage then get 2000 health back PRETTY EASY I SAY SO I also have a that is lvl 76 and is in avalon, but i must say is kinda tricky cause you have very low health and when you do not want it to fizzle so bad IT DOES!!! I must say I've died thousands of times because of that and I concluded my opinion All Wizards Below

DevinDeathCaster Lvl 57
MasonStormDust Lvl 76
AlexIceSpear Lvl 48
BlaineFireThorn Lvl 48
JasonFireSword Lvl 20
BlaineEarthWalker Lvl 6

Survivor
Feb 19, 2014
Alright, personally I think Is the best because they have high health, strong buffs, and they have the ice armor!
School ranks: Sorry I b

1. 7. Sorry, no offense, I think myth is not good. They have very few attacks during their grandmaster and the minions are very weak even though it is there gimmick!

Survivor
Sep 27, 2011
First of all the game was made so the schools are pretty much even. The reason everyone thinks there are better schools is because they try to use the same strategy on every character.
: pros: high damage, decent heath, many attack all spells, damage over time
cons:damage over time, more effective in groups
best strategy: play with others (preferably fire), use damage over time spells to get around shields, learn some life and ice spells so you can heal and defend while you do damage over time.
: pros: best health, op defensive spells, low fizz rate, best gear
cons: weak attacks, almost no good boosts
best strategy: grab your good storm or death buddy just focus on defending you and him/her, learn life spells to make your defense even more op, keep some storm tc in your deck just in case you absolutely have to attack
: pros: op attack
cons: high fizz rate, low health
best strategy: get the best accuracy boost gear, fight with a balance wizard so they can heal boost and defend you, kill your opponents as fast as possible or you will die
: pros: best minions, attacks that get around shields, spells that help minions
cons: weak attacks, most minions have terrible ai so you might as will just bring other wizards with you (cant grantee that other wizards are any smarter)
best strategy: focus on summoning the best minions and work with them the best you can, learn life spells to heal your team
: pros: op boosts, attacks also heal, high damage with prep spells
cons: a lot of spells damage self, chasm and traps necessary
best strategy: get balance wizard to boost you even more plus heal and defend at same time, get your spells as powerful as possible but don't get carried away
: pros: op healing, defensive spells
cons: weak attack
best strategy: play with others and focus on helping them
: pros: high chance of power pip, good boosts, good heal, good defense
cons: low attack
best strategy: your abilities complement almost any wizard so fight with your friends

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
In Solo: because you can just sit there taking damage while you build up the shields to increase damage then BAM OHKO if you do it correctly. I've only been unable to use this strategy when I'm up against three people. Also, if you're going to ask what happens when you go up another Death Wizard? Simple, you use the Death Prism on them, try and have it be the last shield that triggers. So far the most damage I've been able to do (using Vampire, not the Pirate) is about 2100.

In Team: Probably simply because you can just sit back and heal your team mates. Possibly though because of the variety you have. I guess that it depends who/what you're versing.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
i say fire because it can do over time making it hit again and again so if a player heals and gets full health over time can hit again.but anyways all schools are good if you know how to use it here is my opinion of top schools.

1.fire
2.myth
3.life
4.balance
5.storm
6.ice
7.death

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
Aaron of balance on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Alright, personally I think Is the best because they have high health, strong buffs, and they have the ice armor!
School ranks: Sorry I b

1. 7. Sorry, no offense, I think myth is not good. They have very few attacks during their grandmaster and the minions are very weak even though it is there gimmick!

what do you mean myth hits twice on most of its spells look on leader look what schools is on the first page.

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
leafman101345 on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Balance of course!!! It IS the very best school because their are spells that can cast anddamage. Plus the real profeser of balance is a crocodile and that is EPIC.

balance don't cast shields or bubbles. their blades are weak and barley have much no offense

Survivor
Apr 04, 2013
SenorToast on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Okay, let me just say that storm is probably the worst school in my opinion, because of it's low accuracy and low health. Yes, they do the most damage, but when their spells don't fizzle.

Balance on the other hand takes attacks from all of the school, mixing them together, and allowing basic accuracy and health. The spells may not be the strongest when cast, but with traps, blades, and boosts, it cannot be stopped.

Myth spells are strong, good accuracy, and health, and they receive many minions. That combination is good, but I have to give my best to Balance!

Go Balance
but that is why they give gear and balance gears don't give much accuracy. only fire, storm and myth does

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
That is precisely what the initial personality test is for, to determine which school is best FOR YOU.

I personally, am and it because most of the time, I play at night, when there's not a lot of people on, and I like to play solo anyway so it works out perfectly. Plus, during the day, I am constantly getting requests from other higher-level players to come help defeat bosses that I knocked out.. by myself.. no problem, AND left the match with full health.

Now would be about the worst choice for someone who likes to play in groups because you're pretty much just stuck being a shield caster for all the show-offs who wanna do big damage fast. In a group of 3 or 4, the health you get back doesn't justify having much weaker spells.

I can say that & have been the easiest for ME () to defeat so in my opinion, they're the worst; though I'm not sure if every school has such an easy time defeating them.? That could vary.

Also, I can say that if you like to work in groups, would rather help not lead, and don't really care too much for strategizing or being the one who gets the "glory kills," then would definitely be for you.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
I honestly think is the best school.
Why because they got a good attack power and they have pretty good resist powerful attacks.
It should be like this
Angel ThunderHaven

Survivor
Nov 01, 2011
This is MY opinion, its nobody elses, so if you disagree with what i'm saying, keep it for yourselves.
From my point of view there isn't the best school. Each school has got pros and cons, like everything does, but the key point here is that each school fits in a certain type of playing. For instance, if you are that guy that likes to keep it short and hit like hell, well storm school would be the perfect choice for you. On the other hand, if you feel less confident about your style of fighting, i think a suitable school would be life because you have bigger chances of staying alive and earn more time to blade up and trap, and when you're sure you can kill your enemies, then you attack.
Another aspect you should consider is pvp. If you are thinking in pvping with your wizard then you aware of what school best do in pvp. From my experience, death is one of the best schools for pvp due to its swap half to and also great range of traps and blades that allows you to hit big time even with low spells.
These are few of the many aspects you have to consider when choosing the school for your wiz cause even you try it, a fire wizard will never have the huge damage of storm school, nor will storm school ever have ice's big amount of health. So think about your style of playing and learn each school characteristics, and based on that, make the best choice for you

Rykapa12

Survivor
Apr 24, 2014
For me but not for everyone who is playing Wizard 101, i think that is best for me. On my first account i chose cause i did'nt know how to choose properly on my second account i chose because i saw it has the highest life. But on my new third account i chose because i see it's high potential in healing and it can heal anybody who is with the person that is a theurgist. Even though life may be a bit weak when it comes to attacks it is still great in healing. That's all i need to say

Survivor
May 24, 2009
My favorite school would have to be Life. Everyone puts down life saying junk like It's a support school. I honestly don't think so. I have a level 96 life, almost to Exalted (Level 100), and I solo just about everything. Life is the best school because of a few specific spells. Forest Lord is our one AoE, and if it's played right, can do A LOT of damage (I did the "One in A Million" badge on that spell). Dryad is a great spell if powered alongside Empowerment. If you play your cards right and have a good critical rating, plus resistance and damage, you can do anything. My critical is 313 (Around 56%), resistance is 20%, and my damage is 40%. My block is also around 100 (15%). I am breezing through Khrysalis, and am almost done with Part One, heading to Part Two. Another thing, death bosses rarely to not at all cast life shields throughout the spiral. This was a HUGE advantage for me, especially because in Wizard City and Dragonspyre they like to spam the shields. Life is good to use as a solo-wizard if you're a loner like me.

Ice is also REALLY good to solo because of towers. When I battle on my ice, I always spam the towers. Add a Frost Giant, a few blades and bam! You're a pretty powerful Ice wizard. The only disadvantage is ice wizards don't get their blade until level 38! It is a long road from level one to there.

Anyway, I hope my spiel helped!

~Kyle, Level 96 Promethean Theurgist
~Kyle, Level 81 Archmage Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
hughmig on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
Well, That depends on who you are!
I am a level 70 wizard and I love storm as it's the strongest. If a wizard teams up with a wizard they are unbeatable! Storm fizzles quite a lot and lacks health however. Not good if you are an independent wizard.

is great but lacks strength.Not good for the independent wizard either. wizards are very hard to defeat because of powers.

is great in teams and can make powers much stronger. Has a good amount of health but is slightly better in teams,

is very good, quite strong, has a HUGE amount of health and is independent.

is said to be the best but I'm not sure about that. Great for the independent wizard as it's quite strong and offers healing.

Of all of them is my least favorite as it is only slightly stronger than ice has no healing and i'm not a fan of hit over time spells. Only quite good in teams

is the least popular but very good as has minions. Quite strong too! Very independent

Good luck making your choice!
when you said life wizards are hard to defeat because of spells i was like *COUGH* guardian spirit *COUGH*

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
jowino44 on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
I Really Can't say which is best. I think they all have there pros and cons. Even Balance Has a Con. My personal favorite is Because The Spells are super cool and the death school is below here is a list of pros and cons.

Pros: A Lot of Health. And Good Shields.

Cons: Horrible Attack

Pros: Can Make A lot of Shields, and Traps at a time. Uses a balance of . More of a support class

Cons: Not so good attack. Don't Fight really good by their selves.

Pros: Extreme Attack, Good Traps, Cool spells

Cons: Bad Accuracy, Low Health

Pros: A lot Of Trap Spells, Can Heal and attack, Good Accuracy. Decent Health

Cons: Not the best damage, Most Wizard City Monsters are death so its a hard start.

Pros: Can Summon Minions so can fight alone good, Good accuracy, Decent Health, cool Minion Buff cards

Cons: Not the best damage

Pros: Can Do Large Masses of damage slowly, Good Health, Great traps

Cons: Not a lot of damage done, you have to wait for someone to die which can be frustrating.

Pros: Amazing health, can Heal Friends and you, More of a support class

Cons: Bad Damage, Not good fighting by there selves, Kinda Funny in a bad way cards
can also get by shields easily with orthrus and minataur and it can do amazing damage once i easily made a earthquake (base damage=about 350) do over three thousand damage to all enemies with 2 blades and a trap on each enemy plus it gets good critical gear

Blaze FireSword lvl 69

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
123jacksonboy on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
balance don't cast shields or bubbles. their blades are weak and barley have much no offense
spirit shield and elemental shield plus the balance bubble does +45% power pip chance (not saying they are great my fav is myth i just want people to know the facts)

Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
I think the best school is or . is also a very cool kind of magic

Survivor
Aug 14, 2009
I personally think that Death is, because I have a level 59 Death wizard, and she is amazing, and Death can attack and heal with most of their spells.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2013
I would have to say the three best schools are ,,and .
gets a lot of healing spells and helps out a lot.
my friend Byron (Blake lioncaller)is a level 90 and he only has a 2% chance of fizziling witch he can easily fix with his star spell (galvanic field) plus he does a lot of damage easily. he almost instantly murders anything we fight. HE SCARES ME A LOT!!!!!!! I'm never going to fight him in pvp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gets the most health and resistance. At one time Byron was having trouble beating the boss called jabberwock. he finally beat it with the help of an wizard with 102 resistance to . after hearing about that, wizards scare me a lot too.

I my self am a level 69 wizard with a secondary school of .

your fellow player and friend, John (John Owlgem).

Survivor
May 29, 2010
I think all schools are good and bad in their own ways. Here are some of the pro's and con's of all of the schools:

Pro's:Well rounded, can heal, good life, no shield to balance attacks besides tower shield
Con's:Not that good of attacks

Pro's: Amazing health! Can take a lot of hits before dying, can solo good
Con's: Attacks are not good at all, bad critical giving from gear

Pro's: Good health, can hit then heal
Con's: Ok attacks, defense/resist not so good

Pro's: Over time affect, good attacks
Con's: Bad health, have to wait for someone to die

Pro's:Good at solo, pretty good health, lots of minions
Con's: Ok attacks, level 48,58,68, and 88 spells don't hit everyone just one person

Pro's: Good health, can heal self and others, absorb :p
Con's:Not good attacks, mostly healing spells instead of attacking

Pro's: Good hits, good critical, when you get higher a lot less of a fizzle chance
Con's: Bad health, not good defence

Hope you enjoyed!
Jacob GoldBlade Level 80:Main

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
Well I chose the school of and I got to krokatopia but i am stuck at a dungeon because the bosses are fire and I have bot many defence spells just attack.
so if like defending and small attacking chose
If you like attacking then chose
if you like all around then chose
(note this is my opinion so don't get angry if you disagree