Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school do you think is the best, and why?

Young wizard, the topic 'Which school do you think is the best, and why?' you were attempting to post on has been archived.

If you happen to be watching said topic, the topic link has also been removed from your Watch Topic list as well.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2011
This is my opinion.

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Well I don't think that there is really a ''best'' school it really depends on the person who you are but if I had to choose the best school it would have to be because you can yourself, other wizards and friends. Plus your spells don't really fizzle a lot . But the attacks are ok so your secondary school could be either , or because they are really good attacking schools If I had to choose a astral school it would have to be all the way because polymorphs are awesome. Hope this could help choose the right school for you and your friends

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Well, That depends on who you are!
I am a level 70 wizard and I love storm as it's the strongest. If a wizard teams up with a wizard they are unbeatable! Storm fizzles quite a lot and lacks health however. Not good if you are an independent wizard.

is great but lacks strength.Not good for the independent wizard either. wizards are very hard to defeat because of powers.

is great in teams and can make powers much stronger. Has a good amount of health but is slightly better in teams,

is very good, quite strong, has a HUGE amount of health and is independent.

is said to be the best but I'm not sure about that. Great for the independent wizard as it's quite strong and offers healing.

Of all of them is my least favorite as it is only slightly stronger than ice has no healing and i'm not a fan of hit over time spells. Only quite good in teams

is the least popular but very good as has minions. Quite strong too! Very independent

Good luck making your choice!

Survivor
Aug 13, 2013
Honestly I think is the best because I've compared to all the other schools and is best But if you do choose as your school choose as your secondary, it's the best combo

Rogan ShadowPants
Level: 14

Survivor
Feb 09, 2012
scarlet night on May 25, 2013 wrote:
I personally think life and death are the best because with life you can help others by healing them, and death is awesome because you can attack and heal at the same time.
i think storm is the best because its really awesome and i use tempest alot

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
Survivor
Apr 14, 2011
I personally think life and death are the best because with life you can help others by healing them, and death is awesome because you can attack and heal at the same time.
if you all want to decide I looked up every schools spells. I think the best are and (not specific order which is best)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2013
Myth is my favorite, but it all depends on your play style.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
i would think life is the best school because the healing spells are outrageous! and the second best school for me would be death because they steal health to heal you back

Survivor
May 12, 2013
Fire because it has good evreything

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
Vanessa's Guide to the Schools of Ravenwood ( lol )

Well, I think life is the best school, maybe because i'm a life wizard, but who knows. :D

Each school is different, you see; life wizards have to take on the responsibility of healing the team. ( feels good when someone says "thanks" )

Ice wizards have to try to absorb the damage ( with taunts ) because of their awesome health, that way others can attack without loosing so much health.

Storm wizards are the total attackers, even though they have the lowest health they do the most damage.

Myth wizards cast minions to help the team when it isn't a full group, and their spells look awesome, too. ;)

Balance is well, balanced; they have normal amount of health, blades, shields, you name it.

Fire personally isn't my favorite, they are a bit like storm, just a lower attack and a higher health. ( just a bit )

Death is a hurt and heal school, it takes damage and heals you at the same time, feint too, amazing spell.

And of course, I love life, I help by healing and attacking at the same time, it's amazing and I love the spells.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 36 theurgist

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
for me is the best because they can heal and attack at the same time which is very cool and there summoning spell is any amount of pips and they have good traps like 70% and 30% so for me

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
Adam Sandgem on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
Life because they get practicly 2 lv. 10 spells. They get sprite and nutures wrath. Plus they get prisms blades traps heals high hp and ok attacks!
why would you put and at the bottom i'm guessing you're and is way better than life and plus get prisms to and you need a membership to get life prism

Survivor
Oct 18, 2009
i think that is the best school when you are at a higher level because you wont fizzle as much and the spells are still stronger.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
I think storm is the best because it hits hard and breaks opponents blades that help them

Survivor
Sep 18, 2011
I like storm a lot because it hits the hardest and that is why it has the highest fizzle rate

Survivor
Nov 21, 2013
Let's first start off by saying that there is no best school. It depends how you play the game and what type of player you are looking for.

is good because of the variety, the blades, the moderate damage, and the moderate accuracy. Balance has a nice defense and they are excellent at changing the rules of battle. They are probably the most unpredictable of the schools.

has the most health and defense of any other school in the game. They have moderate accuracy and low damage. The tower shield makes them hard to kill however they have very week offensive skills. Expect a longer battle time when playing as an ice wizard.

has slightly less than moderate life and has a more difficult time hitting an opponent. They somewhat lack in defense but make up for it with the amazing offense as well as damage over time spells.

is the most balanced as far as life, attack, defense, etc. They are very moderate but what makes them special is there ability to summon the best minions. Granted all schools can summon a minion at one point or another but myth seems to have the most effective and strongest minions.

is another schools with high life though ironically not the highest. They have the best accuracy of all the schools so if you don't like fizzling then you know where to go. They have moderately low attack and have a moderate defense. What really bridges the gap between offense and defense is the ability to heal like crazy!

is the most heavily offensive school in the game. They have extremely low health accuracy and defense but they have the ability to use devastating attacks. Watch out for these wizards. They strike hard and fast.

is my schools of choice and I will tell you why. You have good attack, moderate defense, good accuracy, and the ability to attack and heal at the same time! Death offers a feint spell which increases damage so much that they are up to par with a storm wizard maybe even higher! Death is an exceptional school and it just looks really cool

Survivor
Nov 21, 2013
I already posted but i will try to rank them based on my playing style..

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Explorer
May 02, 2012
I change my answer! It is definitely It is can do a lot of different school spells, and
i am only level 28 on my and it does like over 2,000!

Brooke Lionheart
level 47

Survivor
Oct 21, 2013
I really thinks that Is the best school. I love the amount of damage, and how many spells are all enemies. The amount of health is ok but you c an still kill the enemies before you die.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2014
I think the best school is storm because the schools spells do the most damage and later on you can get a spell that can make the storm spells have a higher accuracy. The second best school in my opinion is death because their school has lots of buffs and most of their spells can deal damage to the enemy and canheal yourself and death is a good school to go alone. MasonSkySpear

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
I think every school is equal and they are all powerful. Without one, the other schools won't do so well. No life, no healing. No balance, no blades. No storm, no powerfully damage etc.

Here are the pros and cons for each school:

Pros: This school is a balance of everything, with nifty damage, good health, healing spells
and good accuracy.
Cons:This school certainly doesn't deal as much damage as storm, heal as well as life or has as
much health as ice.
Pros: This school deals the most damage out of everything. I mean, the storm owl can wipe out a. wizard with the correct blades and traps.
Cons: Although storm has amazing damage, the health and accuracy is very low. Unless you put some accuracy boosts or auras...
Pros: This school has the best health and includes a spell that almost all wizards are suggested to
have, Tower shield!!
Cons: This school has very low damage rating, this school is more of a support in PvP.
Pros: This school has high damage over time and high offence spells. This school would come pretty
high in the list!
Cons: This school lacks in shielding and defence. However, if you pair a fire wizard with a support school like balance or ice, you'll have an incredible team!
Pros: As you might have guessed, this school is a great healer and life wizards are actually difficult beat in duels and battles.
Cons: This school is not the school you would be looking for when it comes to attack or damage.
Pros: The myth school is known for its amazing minions, stuns and Cyrus Drake's interesting
personality. Either way, great school and awesome spells.
Cons: Myth is great at minions and stun but mediocre at everything else (Meaning above average).
Pros: Ugh running out of character space...Anyway, The death school is awesome at damage but also
re-healing itself at the same time! Pretty convenient!
Cons: Death isn't that useful with other players. Death is pretty independent and unless you
are soloing...Not very useful.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2013
Let's be honest- all of us are saying our schools are the best. I personally think storm is the best school. All you have to do is shield yourself, add traps and "blade" spells, wait for pips, and you put out a deadly attack, simple as that. The ultimate combo is this; your a storm wizard, with life as a secondary school. Therefore, you can attack, while also healing yourself and teammates. It really depends on what you like. If you like to attack, go for storm or fire. Then use life as your secondary school. Anyway, here's my list.

1: storm, for certain.

2: life

3: death

4: myth

5: fire

6: balance

7: ice

Survivor
May 19, 2010
Every one has there own favorite school , , , , , , . But i'm still have know idle what my favorite school is?

Survivor
Jan 20, 2014
I vote , i believe that with flames comes power and responsibility, and i agreee with an earlier post that fire DOES have great health and damage

GO FIRE
-Trevor Stormblade
Pyromancer