Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Boss Was The Easiest/Hardest?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Bosses, by world:

Wizard City:

Easiest~ Rattlebones
Hardest~ Sylster Glowstorm (or the Iron Golem, for my noobs).

Krokotopia:

Easiest~ Biti Nirini
Hardest~ Ngozi the Beguiler

Grizzleheim:

Easiest: Yngvar Sharptooth
Hardest: Jotun & his bros, hands down!

Marleybone:

Easiest~ Jacques the Scratcher
Hardest~ Estrakir Gloomthorn

Mooshu:

Easiest~ Mika Skarka
Hardest~ Plague Oni

Dragonspyre:

Easiest~ General Greystone
Hardest~ Mavra Flamewing (curse those protection pox!)

Celestia:

Easiest~ is there any boss in Celestia that's easy? LOL.
Hardest~ Astraeus

Wintertusk:

Easiest~ Kettil Blackheart
Hardest~ the 4 brothers in Nastrond. Horrible, just horrible.

Zafaria:

Easiest~ that guy with the cute Ice Cat, forget his name.
Hardest~ Belloq (Mirror Lake had nothing on him!)

Avalon (I'm not done yet, but here's my opinion so far):

Easiest~ Bane Wyrm
Hardest~ Sir Terrance Thornwhip. He's Balance, like me, so I ran out of cards before the fight ended and had to start over. Assuming Morganthe will eventually take top honours in this category, though I'm not fighting off her crazy cheats for no XP (unless it grants me crafting immunity, heh).

This is all from memory, & I've probably forgotten stuff. LOL.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
In terms of bosses. I say the easiest and most fun are the ones that do not cheat.

The hardest boss I have ever fought, and the least fun I have ever had, were Jabberwock, and Young Morganthe.

I think Young Morganthe takes the cake, being the hardest. Compare it to the final boss in the game, and the final boss in the game is a joke.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2012
WC
easiest is Foulgaze
Hardest is Grubb

Krokotopia
Easiest ado kiaki or something i forgot
Hardest idk i hadn't compleated it yet

Wysteria
Easiest None
Hardest Randolf spellshine or something

Survivor
Aug 27, 2009
In my opinion, the hardest boss is Luska in the Waterworks, with 20,000 health and attacks you everytime you use a trap or shield and gives you a trap that increases the chance of fizzling. He does this every time unless you use an attack spell that hits all enemies (which gets irritating because he's the only enemy there). It proably took about 1 hour to defeat him with 2 other lvl 60 players (the highest level possible at the time) by my side, and we all had to flee and teleport back 5 times each .
As for the easiest boss, Rattlebones in Unicorn way is just as powerful as a rank 1 elite with 135 health. He's just as pathetic as a Lost Soul, those weird ghosts that have 65 health.
There's Luska/Rattlebones, but I'd like to hear what you think.
James Lionflame, level 66.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Just wait until you face Morganthe. You will be wishing she was Luska from the water works. IMO she is the hardest boss, with the Jabberwock being a very close second.

As for the easiest boss, I would have to agree with you--Rattlebones and Blackhope are the easiest.

Hannah Lifebringer level 80 Life

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
Hardest Boss: In my opinion, it was Helios (for the Ra spell). I take into account several criteria:
1) He is a Fire boss with 7000+ health, with a Fire minion of about 1000 health.
2) Helios starts with enough Power Pips to hit you with Helephant on the first turn, which is especially dangerous if he goes first.
3) He must be soloed.
4) At this point in the game, you don't have a strong AOE to knock out his minion in one hit, so I had to build up a Judgment to KO the minion, then focus on the boss.
5) Every time you cast a Ward or Charm (on anyone), Helios will place a Hex (+30% universal damage) on you out of turn.
6) Unless you skip Ra until you earn your Waterworks gear (which is highly unlikely) Balance receives no quality gear that offers Fire resist.

Now for the easiest boss:
Considering the point you fight them in the game, my choice goes to any boss in Celestia that is Sun, Moon, or Star.
1) They can't use Power Pips for any spells.
2) They don't resist any types of damage.
3) Their Interrupts don't make the battles terribly hard- they just require a bit of patience.
4) These bosses are entirely solo-able at level 60, provided you build your deck to accommodate countering their Interrupts.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
jamescorcoran2000 wrote:
In my opinion, the hardest boss is Luska in the Waterworks, with 20,000 health and attacks you everytime you use a trap or shield and gives you a trap that increases the chance of fizzling. He does this every time unless you use an attack spell that hits all enemies (which gets irritating because he's the only enemy there). It proably took about 1 hour to defeat him with 2 other lvl 60 players (the highest level possible at the time) by my side, and we all had to flee and teleport back 5 times each .
As for the easiest boss, Rattlebones in Unicorn way is just as powerful as a rank 1 elite with 135 health. He's just as pathetic as a Lost Soul, those weird ghosts that have 65 health.
There's Luska/Rattlebones, but I'd like to hear what you think.
James Lionflame, level 66.

As for Luska, you are right. When i was battling Youg Morgnthe, we had ot flee one time each i think, but it was easy, we just had dto be patient.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As a Balance wizard, my biggest challenge (so far, anyway) was Belloq~ same-school boss fights are already slow torture, but they're even worse when you don't have the tools available to get the job done.

In order to beat him, you have to attack every round~ the other schools just spam their DoT spells, but Balance doesn't have one! I tried using Fire Elf TCs, but I couldn't gain pips fast enough to keep up with the demand (no mastery amulet here). I got killed twice before calling in an Ice friend, who spammed Frostbite while I buffed up for a massive Chimera and hoped he wouldn't shield at the last minute.

...Things were very different for my Death wiz, who walked into that hut and ate the guy for breakfast. :P

-

Easiest boss was Malistaire~ I'm not counting anyone pre-Mooshu, because that part of the game is designed for beginners.

A few weeks ago, myself and a few friends went to pay Malistaire a little visit, with a catch... We had to complete the entire dungeon with no gear on~ meaning that we had no access to critical, resistance, damage or healing boosts, extra power pips, or mastery amulets. All we brought were our pets and blade items (like Shango's amulet, or the Valkyrie's Star) that gave little or no health. The end result was hilarious~ even with no gear, we still beat him... and then, we laughed. :P

Three cheers for newbie fights!

-veebz
Archmage Noob of Awesomeness :P

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
I thought the level cap went up before waterworks went live. I dont know i guess i read to much into stuff lol.

I agree with rattlebones as easiest.
As for hardest...... Wow alot to think about here, Stupid minotaur on tower of helephant is annoying. How about the cheaters in Wintertusk end game, Waterworks boss is a dirty npc also.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
One of the easiest fights I've done is Malistaire.We went in with three and beat him with a 7,000 damage centaur.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
If you mean ones you have fought:

WC
Easiest:Lord Nightshade (I soloed him) and Rattlebones
Hardest:Alicane (because of level you are when you fight him)

Krokotopia:
Easiest:Tempestra
Hardest:Grumish GreatAxe

Marleybone (not very far into)
Easiest:Sammy O'Leary
Hardest: Willie Marks

Survivor
Sep 05, 2012
Easiest is either Rattlebones or Nightshade (soloed him)
Hardest is Grumish Greataxe so far. Still trying on him.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Easiest? Actually, Belloq for me. I just called in a Death friend and had him spam low level spells and in a desperate attempt I actually killed him with a lucky critical 1000 damage Wild Bolt.

Hardest... Jabberwock. Glowstorm has nothing on this guy. >.< I had an Ice friend help and we still barely made it through because several times I would port back just before he cast the Meteor. I'm just waiting for Young Morganthe. :x

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
actually morganthe really wasn't thatb hard if you know what to do (and i do) so i would say the jabberwock is the hardest and rattlebothe easiest

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
i think the easiest was the fairy queen and the hardest i dueled was black widow in knigts court because i am life. Emily Fairyflower lvl37 life

Explorer
Feb 25, 2012
because im up to marleybone and im only level 36 i havnt fought crazy hard bosses but i think the hardest boss ive versed is grumish battleaxe from kroktopia.
i would say the easiest boss ive versed would be freddy nine lives from marleybone (its a life and death quest only)

gabriel ashleaf

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Guys, don't choose rattlebones as the easiest boss. He isn't even a boss at all, he's just a rank 1 elite. But easiest boss: Lady Blackhope (or whatever her name is) and hardest boss is last boss in tower of the helephant, he is impossible to beat, I never beat him.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
And now for an update: Easiest: Still Rattlebones.
Hardest: The Jabberwock. x shudders x Though I'm nearly to Young Morganthe...

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
well all the bosses ive defeated i defeat my my brother in 1 try so.. :D 8)

Survivor
May 13, 2009
hardest 2 had to be the first boss in the trial of the spheres and young morganthe never doing Ghost Avalon again

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Hardest bosses:

WC: last waterworks boss (cant remember name )

KT: Krokopatra

MB: Meowiarty ( mainly cause I'm myth )

MS: Boss to Avalon ( cant remember name lol)

DS: Malistare (not too tough; i soloed his dungeon 8)

CL: last boss (again cant remember name rofl)

ZF: Gorilla Guiardian Spirit (did i spell it right?)

AV ( still working on it): Young Morganthe [ Jabberwock definetly second ]

WS: Ervin the Barbarian (oviously)

GH: Jotun

WT: Sudri, Nordri, Austri, and Vestri

Cole MythSword Level 79 Conjurer

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
Wizard City-
. Easiest was the Fairy Queen
. Hardesy was Sylester Glowstorm ( or however you spell it )

Krokotopia-
. Easiest for me was Krokenkhamen ( spelling x: ) because I'm ice
. Hardest was Krokotep for the same reason as above. Also, the beguiler dude because the dungeon was pretty hard at the level I did it at.

Marleybone-
. Easiest was Patches O' Leary ( 750 hp is harldy anything! )
. Hardest is that guy at the end of the celestia warehouse thing (forgot name)

MooShu-
.Easiest storm person you fight at the beginning for the test of strength ( man, I am forgetting a lot of names! )
. Hardest Mika Skarka ( although technically he's Avalon right? )

Dragonspyre-
. I dont really remember which boss was the easiest for me, though it was probably that draconian at the beginning that betrays you
. Hardest has Malistaire and the Gurtok Barrier Demon Tied

Celestia-
. Easiest one has to be Nuncio in the Crustacean Empire
. Hardest is a hard one. Mithraya was hard to get to, but the 2 bosses befor her, Preator Mako, and Queen Calypso were also very hard for me ( bacause i tried to solo them!

Zafaria-
. Easiset was that guy at the end of the Savannah on the top of that HUGE rock.
. Hardest were that snake-tounge in WaterFront, the Spectral Guardians, and the Goliath Bruisers cause they be ice and I had forgotten my converts ( again )

Avalon-
. Easiest was that guy in the Red Thorn Tower ( forgot yet another name! )
. Hardest was Catalan, Indigo Giant, Jabberwock, All of Ghost of Avalon and the White Dragon ( But not the black )

~Gabrielle, ArchMage Thaugmaturge

Sorry again for all the names I forgot!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I am surprised at how different people's answers were,though Young Morganthe seems to show up all time. Mine are:

WC Easiest Foulgaze
Hardest Bastilla Gravewynd

Krokotopia Easiest Kiwu
Hardest Krokopatra (same school? High health? End of difficult dungeon? Come on overkill)

Marleybone Easiest Willie Marks
Hardest Dr. Von Katzenstein same reason as Krokopatra

MooShu Easiest Koto
Hardest Jade Oni

Dragospyre no idea for easiest and this is the world I am on
Hardest Ghost of Syvia Drake

Only faced one boss in Celestia via teleport to friend Cuthalla

Never been to Zafaria

Avalon only faced one boss via teleport to friend Viridian the Vile

GH Likely someone in Vigrid Roughland
Grettir (got really helped with Jotun) just started Ravenscar

WinterT Only faced Frostbranch via teleport to friend

Wys Bleys
Lord Graustark
this is my input.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Easiest would probably have to be fairy queen in unicorn way. Hardest Young Morganthe no doubt.