Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
Defender
Jul 27, 2009
I doubt anyone has noticed this, but there's a huge ice age reference...

Mammoth the ice spell is Manny.
Sabertooth is Diego.
And the Sloth mount is Sid.

And wintertusk is where they live.

Explorer
Jun 22, 2010
here's one.
the shopping center is supposed to represent diagon alley in the original harry potter movies.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Missingn0 on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
In Avalon that is a reference to Camelot where Ambrose was before he was headmaster also Ambrose's name is a pun on Merlin Ambrose (Merlin TV series and book reference) a wizard who lived in king author's castle and in his court (As seen during the dungeon with Young Morganth) Morganth is also a reference to Morgan le fay the step daughter of uther pen dragon (Pendragon being a reference to the king of Camelot and father to king Arthur

Richard Shadowwisper Level 95
to add to morganthe reference. Morgan le fay is also King Arthurs half-sister..... she has a son with Arthur, which does that mean in the game there might be Morganthe can possibly have a son

Survivor
Apr 16, 2010
I'm not sure if someone already said this but The Proffessor and his time traveling telegraph box is based of the Doctor and his time traveling telephone box in doctor who.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
in the savannah there is the lion king refreance on the map

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
there is a quest from diego called arrow to the knee most common injury in skyrim and a meme

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
I knew this certain one for a really long time... gave me nightmares... :P

Jacques the Scratcher is based off of the late 1880's serial killer: Jack the Ripper. That's why I'm still afraid of dark inclosed rooms... and looking behind myself.

Black Annie is based off of Black Annis, yet another nightmare, as she likes to eat children, and I am still a child... And, yes in the game, she tries to eat you, specifically, roasting your heart. Yum! D:

Anyways, another is Meowiarty, who is based on the character, Professor Moriarty in the Sherlock Holmes book series. He is a criminal, like in the Wizard101 storyline.

Some of the Zeke quests are based on real bands. The beetles in Krokotopia, the Beatles. Ya know...

Biggest duh moment ever... The Lady of the Lake is based on, well the Lady of the Lake.

That's only some of the many easter eggs in Wizard101... so, yeah...?

~ Vanessa

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Here are a couple.

Krokotopia is based off of Egypt.
Marleybone is based off of london.
Mooshu is based off of london.
Aquila is greece.
Zafaria is africa.
Azteca is based off of the aztecs who once ruled over what is now mexico.(someone mightve said that already).

Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
Zachary DarkHammer on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Here are a couple.

Krokotopia is based off of Egypt.
Marleybone is based off of london.
Mooshu is based off of london.
Aquila is greece.
Zafaria is africa.
Azteca is based off of the aztecs who once ruled over what is now mexico.(someone mightve said that already).
mooshu is china

Survivor
Jun 16, 2013
I have a pretty easy one that is really a glitch . So like your teleporting to your friend or going somewhere and you keep on jumping until the page has flipped and you either DO see yourself crouching or you DON'T and other people do but I don't know a lot about it so this might sound right or wrong.

Liam Death Vault

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
The Real Necrowoman wrote:
Who's Gilgamesh? never heard of him before i think lol
In my social studies class we did study ancient river civilizations which one of them is Mesopotamia. In Mesopotamia there are 2 cities called Babylon and Sumer. In ancient Sumerian mythology there is a hero who has seen all heard all and done all there is to do in the world. He is also one of the greatest brick workers in the world.

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper lvl 87 wizard

Well. Well. Well. So long. Farwell. Until we meet again.

-Chuck Quizmo Paper Mario 64

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Malt22 on Jun 24, 2011 wrote:
All of Zeke's quests are rock n roll bands:

1. The Smiths- Popular British Indie rock band from the 80's
2. The Yardbirds- 1960's British Blues/R&B band with psychedelic leanings, featured three of rock's greatest guitarists: Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Paige.
3. The Stray Cats- American 80's band from New York that led the rockabilly rivival of the time.
4. The Lounge Lizards- Another (fairly unknown) 80's band from New York that created "fake jazz with pop and avant-garde rock tendencies."
5. The Stone Roses- short lived British 80's/90's band that merged classic 60's psychedelic rock with an 80's dance beat. (These guys are great!)
6. Blue Oyster Cult- The very first band I personally fell in love with. Though still around today, this New York based thinking man's heavy metal band flourished during the 70's and 80's, having hits like "Don't Fear the Reaper" and "Godzilla"
7. The Troggs- 1960's Bristish Proto-punk band that was best known for it's song, "Wild Thing"
Ok all true but you're all forgetting one more Zafaria's zeke quest is Hey Hey We're The Monkees! which is an old what 80's tv show band.

Sincerely Robert Nightwhsper lvl 87 wizard

Well. Well. Well. So long. Farewell. Until we meet again.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
FireGod299 wrote:
Actually Yeti is not another name for bigfoot, it's a bigfoot like creature that is said to live in snowy places. But, the forest lord is bigfoot, so this is still a great reference
Speaking of which in the Winterbane house dungeon the giant boss looks a lot like a yeti just a guess so.

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Bobopoof wrote:
When in rome, do as the romans do. I think dragonspyre is more like Greece because of the pillars, and the inhabitants are all russian! Maybe it's a multicultural world with a mix of everything?
As a matter of fact the place in ds is the '' acropolis'' which in Greece is an area built high on a hill for evacuation during times of war. Normally the agora is found near the acropolis which the agora is an area in Greece where people go to buy stuff and work etc.

Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper lvl 87 wizard

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
In Wintertusk, the Ice Titan's sons keep the golden seals that keeps their father in deep sleep, their names are based (ironically) on dwarfs who hold up the Heavenly Dome. The Ice Titan is named Ymir, and the Heavenly Dome is made from Ymir's skull.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
jadestaff108 on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
mooshu is china
lol i know. I meant to say japan or china.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Pancake3112001 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
In Krokotopia, the three main bosses, krokotep, krokenkamen, and krokopatra (Pretty sure I misspelled) are based on Egyptian kings and queens, Tutankamen, Cleopatra.. And I don't know the other
That would be Amenhotep, or Amenhotep III, commonly known as "The Great", who ruled Egypt at the height of its golden era.

-Calamity Deathbringer, Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
I'm not sure if anyone has said this or not, but
Cyrus Drake and Severus Snape could be one
They're personalities are very similar, and they both turn into good guy at the end

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
The worlds are Easter eggs, most of them. The ones that are are MooShu, Aquila, Marleybone and Grizzleheim.

Grizzleheim: Norway.
Marleybone: London.
Aquila: Ancient Greece.
MooShu: Ancient Japan or China (I'm not too sure).

Survivor
Oct 28, 2010
I have no idea if someone has said this already, but in Marleybone, there is an npc standing near a telephone box wearing a scarf similar to the fourth doctor's. Doctor Who anyone?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This is a pretty obscure referrence that I doubt many would notice. In Avalon you collect flour from the Logres Knights. Logres is the Welsh name for King Arthur's kingdom and King Arthur's Flour is the oldest flour company in the US. Kind of an odd game referrence, but doubtful it's coincidence.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
love88588 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I have no idea if someone has said this already, but in Marleybone, there is an npc standing near a telephone box wearing a scarf similar to the fourth doctor's. Doctor Who anyone?
I've noticed that. My cousin loves Doctor Who.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Dragonspyre is more likely the Byzantine Empire as opposed to Rome. MooShu includes elements of China and Japan which is indicative of the Island of Okinawa. All of Zeke's quests are rock band references. In Avalon there's a character called Page Jimmy (reverse it and you have Jimmy Page, Led Zeppelin guitarist). He gives you a quest where you search for the Lesser Paul. Les Paul is a legendary guitarist, generally referred to as the king of the electric guitar. The Gibson Les Paul model is one of the most widely used electric guitars in music. Penny Dreadful (in Wizard City) refers to a type of British publication in the 19th century that was usually lurid and sensational, and serialized over a number of issues. In Azteca, Cipactli means crocodile or cayman in classic Nahuatl. Popol Vuh, another character, refers to a collection of Mayan mythical narratives. In Azteca we collect Tzolk'in stones. Tzolk'in is Mayan for 'division of days', and refers to the 260 day Mayan calendar. In Dragonspyre we face characters of the 'Gallium' type. Gallium is an element usually found in zinc and bauxite. We also face characters of the 'Kyanite' type. Kyanite is a type of silica, blue in color. Belloq is a character that re-occurs over time, in different worlds. Dr. Rene Belloq was the main antagonist in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Back to Azteca, the final arc 'Xibalba' is also Mayan in nature. It means 'place of fear' in Mayan and is the name of the Mayan Underworld. Rewinding to Crab Alley we find King Thermidor. Thermidor is a style of cooking shellfish, usually lobster, which generally incorporates a wine/cream sauce, breadcrumb topping and baking, sort of a casserole. It is also often stuffed into the empty Lobster shell before baking. Tons of funny Eggs in Wizard 101.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
More eggs...In Grizzleheim, on the way to Savarstaad Pass there are two characters called Huskarl. A Huskarl was a non-servile manservant or household troop/bodyguard to ancient Scandanavian kings. In English they would be called Housecarls. Vigrid Roughland is significant in that Vigrid is the Anglicanized version of Vigrior (there's some weird Norse punctuation marks that my computer can't make) which means 'place of battle'. It is present in the Prose Edda as the site of a battleground between the Gods and the demon Surtur/Surtr during Ragnarok (End of Days). The Prose Edda was written by a guy named Snorri Sturlson who also wrote Egils Saga. In Grizzleheim there are characters named Snorri Oysterbloom and Egil Axebearer. There is also a village called Ander's Holt. An actor named David Anders played in the TV show Alias, and also had a prominent role in Heroes as Adam Monroe. David Anders' full name is David Anders Holt. We encounter characters named Grimnir and Bolthorn also. Grimnir is both an alternative name for the God Odin, and a character in the childrens novel Weirdstone of Brisingamen. Bolthorn was one of the Norse Frost Giants, and the maternal grandfather of Odin. :D