Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Morganthe drop rate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
I can understand that some items need to be rarer than others, but really... I have been farming Morganthe for a few days now. 40-50 hours of farming so far, and for what, a few pesky beetles. Did they learn nothing from Hades? I was farming Hades for months for divine amulet (without getting it) and this is just Hades all over again. Is this the future of drop rates in the game? I play the game because its fun, but its not fun to see gear you will never be able to get. I got a amulet from Avalon, and honestly no hope of getting anything better. Im sorry for my rant, but someone had to do it. This game is just for hardcore gamers now, and there is no longer any future for casual or second rate players like me

Keira Pixieeyes

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
If you are gonna rant, you could at least say what you are ranting about. You mentioned Hades and the Divine Amulet but never once mentioned what you were farming Morganthe for.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
If you are gonna rant, you could at least say what you are ranting about. You mentioned Hades and the Divine Amulet but never once mentioned what you were farming Morganthe for.
The amulets I'd assume from context.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
sorry for my bad wording, but i thought people could ready between the lines. (it was the new amulet btw) anyway it dont really matter since im done. i realize that the gear i already have is the best ill ever be able to get

Survivor
Jun 25, 2011
I have to agree. These drops rates are getting ridiculous. I farmed Hades about 30-40 times WITHOUT getting HAT OR BOOTS. Only got Robe and wands. This is enough. I have heard the drop rate of the Divine amulet is like 2.5%. Really? Are 11 and 12 year olds gonna farm Hades 75 times just for an amulet? I don't think so. Morganthe is another great example of a very low drop rate. Only good thing I got from her was the new robe in the crown shop (forget the name). I am not sitting around all day farming for an amulet. This should not be this hard to get the new amulet or even the decks that give you one pip now. If bosses continue with the really low drop rates, I am just gonna beat the boss once and be done with it. Seriously, this is ridiculous.

- Matthew Storm Rider Level 100 Wizard

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
Does it really matter what the item is. The point is farming for the better things in the game has become a time pit some of us can't afford.

Mary

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Northlite on May 1, 2014 wrote:
Does it really matter what the item is. The point is farming for the better things in the game has become a time pit some of us can't afford.

Mary
I think it was addressed in this instance. It's a single battle dungeon. It's not a 45-60 minute dungeon like Tartarus. It's also completely optional to farm for gear.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
my point is that some gear always have been rarer than others to get. Waterworks took a few tries to get but you would usually get it within 20 tries or so. But lately (starting with Hades, and getting worse with Morganthe) the drop rate have been become way lower than reasonable.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
seethe42 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I think it was addressed in this instance. It's a single battle dungeon. It's not a 45-60 minute dungeon like Tartarus. It's also completely optional to farm for gear.
I realize your answer to low drop rates is always "it's optional".

How is any one suppose to get better gear past the lvl 58 dropped/Bazaar bought gear, if they don't have crowns, with out farming? Crafting at higher levels even requires it. I realize crafting the level 56 WT gear isn't to painful but still that gear would be 44 lvls old if you go to level 100 with it, which I am but I fully realize others would really like a better game experience then I have grown accustom to. Should farming only be reserved for those who have the most time to play a game?

Farming is like entering a contest, many will enter but few will win. I suppose the better answer here maybe, if farming wasn't so popular and liked it wouldn't be in the game?

Mary

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm inclined to agree with Mary, and the OP.

Farming is a time-pit; Tartarus, especially, is a soul-sucking piece of work. And people wonder why I stop questing as soon as my wizard reaches max level.

After over 100 runs, I have given up on ever seeing my gear, or any nice things, from Tortureus. My level 60 gear has gotten 3 wizards through the past 40 levels, so I'm obviously doing something right.

The drop-rates are completely unreasonable~ actually, they surpassed unreasonable some time ago and are now entirely ludicrous. That said, if KI increases the drops, the hardcore set will get mad and cry about it because everyone can survive the higher-level worlds and they're no longer special snowflakes.

I started playing this game because it was different: it wasn't an elitist. PvP-centred bloodbath. But that's exactly what it's becoming: another WoW clone, just like the zillions of others out there.

-von

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Dr Von on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I'm inclined to agree with Mary, and the OP.

Farming is a time-pit; Tartarus, especially, is a soul-sucking piece of work. And people wonder why I stop questing as soon as my wizard reaches max level.

After over 100 runs, I have given up on ever seeing my gear, or any nice things, from Tortureus. My level 60 gear has gotten 3 wizards through the past 40 levels, so I'm obviously doing something right.

The drop-rates are completely unreasonable~ actually, they surpassed unreasonable some time ago and are now entirely ludicrous. That said, if KI increases the drops, the hardcore set will get mad and cry about it because everyone can survive the higher-level worlds and they're no longer special snowflakes.

I started playing this game because it was different: it wasn't an elitist. PvP-centred bloodbath. But that's exactly what it's becoming: another WoW clone, just like the zillions of others out there.

-von
if the drop rate was 2.5% chance I would have all the things I wanted. e.g hades robe, divine etc.... the rate is more like one tenth of one percent chance for these items to show up in a draw and since there is like 200 items mostly garbage you would never use chances are even less. For example I did get the new divine from morganthe but i am death and it was for FIRE only. I dont have a fire wizard so i fed it to my pet. Talk poor code? Ki if you even read these look back on your water works loot code system SCHOOL ONLY GEAR SHOULD ONLY GO TO THAT SCHOOL. remove the req level 98 garbage drops a level 30 would not even use.

when you start morganthe it says END GAME well show us the gear then? There is no way players are going to stay subscribed a year for new content again farming for the couple drops morganthe has.

My numbers?
I have run hades just shy of 1500 times on my main death, what did i get as usable upgrades? 9 copies of the same good hat thats a waterworks upgrade one balance mastery exiled and one life mastery exiled. I have tons of the glass gear which is useless to me.

I have only run morganthe about 95 times so far I seen the fire divine update which should have been my schools not fire and 2 beetle pets. Anyways thats my 2cents. I am end game and hardcore as i can be but dang come on really?

do we remember loremaster? even know that camp is awful I was able to get all 14 spells on my low level pvp character. How long did it take? 15 weeks of farming 50-55hrs a week. Since I work full time and have a family what did that mean during that time? oh mommy's at her other job farming for spells check back with her in a few weeks. come on KI?? I was doing lore in 2-3 rounds using 2 accounts. thats pretty fast, unlike doing hades or morganthe... so if the rate is conparable you would be looking at doing morganthe 3-5000 times to see 1 item as an upgrade.

I strongly believe this is going to cause many players to cancel subscriptions and not even bother to buy areas for crowns who are at end game. I have tons of perfect pets even with the failed pet system i made it happen, (spudf)(spudp) (pdfcp) etc, farmed loremaster was able to get all her spells on a low level for pvp enjoyment and even farmed her on other wizards getting the key needed spells. farmed water works on about 15 wizards getting them full sets of armor. mastered crafting to the max level.

but hades and morganthe - road blocks hardcore or not remove the junk drops that no one would even use and increase the drop rate even up to about 10% chance then people could enjoy the game again.

I have 1 max wizard 2 95's 2 80's and 1 lv 60 for pvp

I am not going to waste time taking any others to max there is no point will hit the same level 100 road block with gear.

as a 100 death i have soloed everythig in game even the last two maps without crown assistance, bottles etc. what's left for a player like me? These new pip decks seem really common also noted.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
seethe42 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I am thinking even to stay suscribed and play anymore is also optional.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
sigh i have try morganthe lots of time and the only thing i get is bad reggents and bad snacks, morgante its suppoused to be awesome being the last boss in this ark but killing her just make my day worst thats my opinion

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
Same here. The drop rates are just ridiculous now. I have invested all time inside tartarus and being rewarded nothing. And now comes Morganthe. Thank you for shortening it as an instance dungeon. But the drop rate is just ridiculous as well. I have been farming for days since Khrysalis Part II came out and have yet to see any rewards from Morganthe. Everytime this happens it just pushes me to a point where I want to just quit because spending hours on end farming for a very low chance of getting what you want is extremely ridiculous. Please consider increasing the drop rate just a tad or tiny bit. The drop rates are just so ridiculous now. Just farmed Morganthe today for 6 hours each battle taking about 30 minutes each and still haven't gotten anything.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2012
I don't feel like farming hades 1 hr just for the amulet and 2.5 percent lol
Now I have to watch those who got it kill me so easy

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
If you all would notice, that is why these items are Ultra Rare, and only the most lucky or dedicated wizards get them, so if you really want that amulet, KI won't give it away for free. You all need is PATIENCE.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Justin Firethief on May 7, 2014 wrote:
If you all would notice, that is why these items are Ultra Rare, and only the most lucky or dedicated wizards get them, so if you really want that amulet, KI won't give it away for free. You all need is PATIENCE.
No Patience is not required it's TIME that is the issue. More and more people are playing now that have a life out side the game but they still want what the game has to offer - where is that wrong? It's just plain all out SAD to see how many times these people have repeated this instance for nothing. I really got to high five you guys, after a few runs of any difficult content I would be so done with the game in general.

I am a bit insulted to be considered "not" a dedicated wizard because I don't farm. I guess I can agree that only the lucky should have all the good stuff though - I mean that's fair. I believe fair left the Spiral a long time ago though. Sadly because I feel my wizards are ill equipped - end of Avalon will probably be all my future ones see but I am more comfortable with end of Zafaria really.

I think the problem maybe that too much is being looped into farm for it. The game is becoming a one trick pony all based around farming. It used to be mainly Waterworks was the farming time pit. I realize this is a way for wizards to occupy them selves when they have no quests but geez not everyone is in that situation.

I also believe the seriousness of the game has gotten a bit out of control. After a certain point in the game the tables turn on you and nothing in the game is easy to do or get any more causing some tension in the Spiral. Maybe it's just that I have over stayed my welcome - a few changes in the game over time have really not been to my liking and I played on when really I should of walked away.

Remember we decide the game content with our wizards - if it's there and ignored, it will change, if it's there and played, it's a thumbs up, even if you hated every minute you did it. Those that like to farm are never going to see why any one else doesn't like it or think it isn't fair. The competitiveness has stepped up a bit with more wizards wanting to have stuff no one else can get also.

Mary

Explorer
Jun 29, 2009
Northlite on May 7, 2014 wrote:
No Patience is not required it's TIME that is the issue. More and more people are playing now that have a life out side the game but they still want what the game has to offer - where is that wrong? It's just plain all out SAD to see how many times these people have repeated this instance for nothing. I really got to high five you guys, after a few runs of any difficult content I would be so done with the game in general.

I am a bit insulted to be considered "not" a dedicated wizard because I don't farm. I guess I can agree that only the lucky should have all the good stuff though - I mean that's fair. I believe fair left the Spiral a long time ago though. Sadly because I feel my wizards are ill equipped - end of Avalon will probably be all my future ones see but I am more comfortable with end of Zafaria really.

I think the problem maybe that too much is being looped into farm for it. The game is becoming a one trick pony all based around farming. It used to be mainly Waterworks was the farming time pit. I realize this is a way for wizards to occupy them selves when they have no quests but geez not everyone is in that situation.

I also believe the seriousness of the game has gotten a bit out of control. After a certain point in the game the tables turn on you and nothing in the game is easy to do or get any more causing some tension in the Spiral. Maybe it's just that I have over stayed my welcome - a few changes in the game over time have really not been to my liking and I played on when really I should of walked away.

Remember we decide the game content with our wizards - if it's there and ignored, it will change, if it's there and played, it's a thumbs up, even if you hated every minute you did it. Those that like to farm are never going to see why any one else doesn't like it or think it isn't fair. The competitiveness has stepped up a bit with more wizards wanting to have stuff no one else can get also.

Mary
If we look at it this way, let's say the drop rate of Morganthe's amulet were 90%, where would all the fun be? Everyone would have one, where is the time spent in the game? It's like saying, Hades gear is hard to get, it is hard, why? Because it's rare, yes I do agree with you time is a factor, but thats why farming is for, remember you can also get the items at the first try, its just as I said a matter of luck. Someone killed all the bosses? That doesn't mean they will get the amulet. I think the drop rate is perfect in the game, no matter if it's water works, Hades, Morganthe etc. That's what crafting is for. You have 3 options in the game, Farm, Buy in Bazaar, Craft (or crown shop).

When you mean "fair" is, people get it randomly, it all revolves around time patience etc. If you don't like doing Tartarus cause it's too long, to then fight Hades, well don't do it, no one is forcing you, but also remember Alpha and Omega ring, Blade fallen titan, we all farmed for them. If you look at it this way, people might say increase drop rate, put them in bazaar etc. Though why is it so slow the drop rate? How long does it take KI to build a world, 9-12 months. What do people do when they finish the game? They get bored and leave. But, if you have this really cool item people will farm for it, cause it distracts them. A lot of free time? Go farm. By doing so people get distracted for the world that's coming, (if you look at it this way). Though the way you are thinking, like really that was me starting celestia, Where? Water works, the drop rate was really quick, and now what, everyone has water works gear. Where is the rarity in the game? We need this special touch, it doesnt have to be farm it or not, but sometimes it can.

Lastly, where you say people having a life outside, that is up to them, they want the amulet they farm for it etc, no one is forcing them, the game is not forcing them, it just depends on what the person feels like to do, spend time farming, playing outside, but as I said, farming is not the only option you have....

I'll be honest, I have done Morganthe's dungeon around 20 times and it still hasnt dropped, I do it once per day or sometimes more, that doesn't mean i'm bored or not have a life, just trying to use my membership as efficiently possible before it runs out.

JFT

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I don't mind SOME farming. They really should increase the rate though. If you want to give the game more replay value then make the gear more achievable like it was in waterworks. I would be much happier with slight farming then after getting the drops I desire and for the school I am using I could get more game time in by leveling other wizards rather than just farming the same content over and over with what feels like no hope of obtaining the things I want. This is supposed to be a FAMILY game and I believe that 1000 runs for an item is absolutely out of the question since people do have other things to do besides farm everyday for pixels. So come on KI lets fix this and I will still throw money at you when I continue to subscribe and have fun by leveling other wizards not killing Morganthe for the 1000th time just for an amulet. Getting the wrong amulet is really a slap in the face too. Sure I have other wizards to finish leveling but we can't have a wizard of every school on the same account and I am sure the one school I wouldn't have is the very amulet that would drop if it ever did. It is bad enough countless attempts currently may be necessary but only to get another schools amulet is ridiculous.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I don't mind SOME farming. They really should increase the rate though. If you want to give the game more replay value then make the gear more achievable like it was in waterworks. I would be much happier with slight farming then after getting the drops I desire and for the school I am using I could get more game time in by leveling other wizards rather than just farming the same content over and over with what feels like no hope of obtaining the things I want. This is supposed to be a FAMILY game and I believe that 1000 runs for an item is absolutely out of the question since people do have other things to do besides farm everyday for pixels. So come on KI lets fix this and I will still throw money at you when I continue to subscribe and have fun by leveling other wizards not killing Morganthe for the 1000th time just for an amulet. Getting the wrong amulet is really a slap in the face too. Sure I have other wizards to finish leveling but we can't have a wizard of every school on the same account and I am sure the one school I wouldn't have is the very amulet that would drop if it ever did. It is bad enough countless attempts currently may be necessary but only to get another schools amulet is ridiculous.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
Same here farmed Hades for 8 months and nothing for amulet. But seemed friends of mine whom barely farmed him got it no problem. To me it seems it may have something to do with the crowns that have been spent on someone's account gives them a better chance. As the friends thast i know have got the amulet from Hades have spent a fortune on crowns.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2011
please consider making some of the gears available through crafting not all of it, but some would really help if you could balance the sources of getting these gears not just through farming or just increase the drop rate i've farmed again and again something needs to change. i have taken a break, did other things, and went backto farming again for a whole day still nothing.

Explorer
Jul 01, 2009
For those people who think working like donkeys to get good gear is fun and makes you special, you might want to think about what that means for the future of this game. Clearly, many people don't think like you do. They are frustrated by the lack of drops, and eventually give up. Frustrated players leave. Period. Don't think crafting is much easier. That also is requiring farming these days.

So these poor players will struggle along with what they have, or try to sift through the garbage bazaar gear in hopes of finding something they can get to work for them. Meanwhile those who have the best, keep whining for harder and harder content. Of course the worlds need to get harder. I am not disputing that. However, it can't keep getting harder, and still keep the average players, if they are undergeared and struggling.

There still needs to be farming for the ultimate best gear. It has always been that way. Crafted gear should be on a par with the farmed gear. However, there should be bazaar gear that was like it was in first arc. That gear wasn't as good as the farmed and crafted stuff, but close enough that it didn't hamper the enjoyment of the game for those who used it. Case in point would be Malistaire's robe. The only difference, between that and the bazaar version, was school resist and a card. This is just an example. They could do something else with higher level gear, but the difference shouldn't be as great as it is now between the gear.

I just feel that something needs to be done to help the struggling wizards. They are the average. The middle is always greater in number than those on each end of the spectrum. If too many of them get frustrated to the point of leaving, and taking their wallets with them, there won't be a game for those "special snowflakes" to be so special anymore.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2010
Well I personally don't mind what drops i get. When I go and farm dungeons I get deceny drops, make friends and have fun. Not only is this a great game but it's their jobs as well, if they made the drop rate say 15%, a lot of people would complain who did have it that too many have it. They won't let you just have the everything because then you won't want to buy anything from the crown shop if you get my thread. If we all had the best stuff and everything you can get you'd soon become bored because you'd have nothing else to achieve.

My fellow wizards, all I can say is to just keep trying and i know it sucks the amount of time and effort it takes to achieve your goal but you'll get there. I mainly enjoy getting to meet other wizards in the dungeons whilst on the odd occasion of getting a cool drop. I only just got lvl 90 and already got some good hades drops in my opinion, like cool pet snacks.

Anyway have a nice day guys and I hope everything gets better for you. :)

Survivor
Oct 25, 2009
Yeah the farming rates has gotten out of hand. I play this game about as much as an average exalted player (maybe a little more), but i do have a life outside of this game. I've farmed Morganthe around 30 times and I got one ice amulet, and no athame. I was lucky and got the storm deck from another boss, but it is totally unfair for the average people who like this game. The point is, the average player doesn't want to spend a lot of their time farming. I get it that it should be hard to drop, not everyone should get it. The ring and athame at Aquila is what the rate should be, maybe even a little lower. Many people have the gear. but several players don't. i really hope KI increases the drop rate.
Follow me on instagram! matthew.darkspear
Matthew Darkspear lvl 100